main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC X-Men2

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by lordvaderFF, Apr 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    Not bad, getting better, but as a comic fan i am still no tall that impressed with it. I am used of more hardcore action and plot that the 2 movies portray.
    How about Sentinals and the coming of the Horseman etc. Not these wishy washy plots and fights. Wolverine with huge slabs of flesh hanging off him and still fighting, thats what i want to see.
    KEEP IT REAL

2. DarkJediTJ

DarkJediTJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 26, 2000
    :: Is now finally ready to read spoilers after seeing the movie ::

SOOOOOOOOOO! COOOOOOOOOOOOL! NIGHTCRAWLER, X-CELENT!

3. Jet-Eye

Jet-Eye Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2001
    Read the comic books out aloud, and you'll discover how silly they sound. Putting these types of storylines, with Apocalyspe et cetera, isn't like tea and scones you know. It was the same with Lord of the Rings: they interpreted the books rather than directly translated them. The same has been done with X-men to good effect. The characters and the settings have to seem real to the audience, otherwise, it'll sound as silly as the long-arse monologues of comic book characters.

Mind you they could - and should - have MR Sinister in the next film, he is one cool bad guy, they can't stick with Magneto all the time. As for Apocalyspe and his horsemen, that would require a trilogy! A future possibility: "X-men: Age of Apocalyspe"? I wish.

4. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    The movie characters are just so weak after reading the comics....pah!!!

Here is my dream cast

Cyclops: Matt Damon
    Gambit: Ben Affleck
    Colossus: Arnold S
    Wolverine: Sly
    Marrow: Winona Ryder
    Rogue: Angelina Jolie
    Storm: Halle Berry still
    Nightcrawler: Ray Parks
    Angel: Russel Crowe
    Beast: Stephen Seagal
    IceMan: Macauley Culkin
    Prof X: same

I really want to see Juggernaught but. He was originally in the first script. The sentinals but...drool......

5. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    I loved the movie. I loved everything about it. I was giggling like a schoolgirl when Collosus turned into his steel form and shrugged off the bullets. Wolverine was better than ever. I never thought he was going to be that violent with the soldiers, but I'm sure glad he was.

Ian Mckellen was perfect as Magneto and delivered some great dry humor with his discern for Wolverine and vice versa. Magnus also provided some of the best action aspects of the movie also, such as his brutal escape and when he pulled the pins out of the guards grenades. Nightcrawler was perfect. The first ten minutes with his assasination attempt were amazing.

I have nothing but praise for this film. I was a big fan of the comics and the cartoon in my youth. Seeing this film brought back all the fun of those comics and then some.

Going from the ending, I'd say that the next movie is going to be based around the development of the Phoenix entity in Jean. I hope the filmakers have enough sense to stay away from the space aspect of that stroryline and go straight to the Dark Phoenix saga.

Oh and if I were going to name candidates for Gambit in X3, I'd go with either Steven Dorff (Blade) or David Boreanez (Angel).

6. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    David Boreanez???? You have to be joking, they will use real actors i think..

Wesley Snipes: Bishop

7. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    It was just a suggestion. He'd suit the role much better Ben Affleck.

8. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Mixo, judging by the list you displayed above which included such names as "Matty D, Affleck, Sly, Arnold, Steven Segal, etc" I don't see how you can be an authority on "
    real" actors.

I've seen Dave pull some scenes in Angel that would put most of the above blockheads to big screen shame.

9. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Come on...Angel..are you serious, next will be the talent of Buffy!

But back to the movie. Wolverine was very dark and nasty, still pales to his comic persona. But getting better.
    What is with Rogue? Comic wise she is awesome and powerful, movie wise she is a soap star.
    Nightcrawler was also very well done.
    Collossus was average, not Russian, but I think will be seen more so.
    Where was Beast and Gambit? Were they cut from their cameos? What the?

10. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Hmmm... I read they appeared in cameos but I never saw them.

According the the JC:
    Gambit's name appears on the computer screen when Mystique is going throught the people when she breakes in to the office.

The Beast appears as his proffesor self during the news sometimes, in a TV in the background...

Who ever managed to spot those, I take my hat off to.... *coughnolifecough*

11. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Gambit must have been cut!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.