main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X-Play

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by JediMasterKitFisto, Jul 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Tommy Tallarico hates any games that aren't enough like GTA

Yeah that's not true.

or if he doesnt like voice-acting or thinks that they are "kiddy"

Well obviously he's going to be hard on the audio since that is what he is known for in the gaming industry.

He's also an anti Nintendo bastard. And his reviews suck. He marked of KOTOR for " Not being a FPS."
    Idiot.

I don't know if he said that about KOTOR but he's not an RPG person. The thing you have to realize is that there's only two reviewers on the show. So if they don't like a certain genre then obviously they'll give it a low score. It's not like on IGN or Gamespot where they get people who are into those genres to review the games.

2. HotsForTahiri78

HotsForTahiri78 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Funny. I don't hear anyone ever saying anything nice about Tommy Tallarico studios. He is SUPPOSED to be known for sound, his sound-work isnt even that impressive when compared to most good dev studios.

He is probably more hated than Derek Smart

3. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    This is funny, it started out as X-play dissucssion and then it ends up bashing Tommy Tallarico, nice we should make a fan letter to G4TechTV.

4. HotsForTahiri78

Apr 2, 2002
    Yes, but the important thing is that most of us agree that Tommy Tallarico is a hack

5. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    He has an annoying voice too. ;)

*does something totally out of character and tries to get the thread back on track rather than derailing it*

*ahem*

Errr... I hope X-Play is still around next year. I'm attempting to go to E3, and it'd be cool to run into Morgan and Adam.

:p

»Who dares wins«

6. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    " Well obviously he's going to be hard on the audio since that is what he is known for in the gaming industry. "

And he won't let you forget it. In his review for F-Zero GX he marks it off for being " Too pretty." And lamants the fact that Nintendo uses a in-studio music company, saying that they should have used his company.

7. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Funny. I don't hear anyone ever saying anything nice about Tommy Tallarico studios. He is SUPPOSED to be known for sound, his sound-work isnt even that impressive when compared to most good dev studios.

I'll be honest, I don't play much of today's games so I wouldn't know if his current music is any good.

My point is that I'm cool with Tommy Tallarico and I think he can be very funny. IMO The Electric Playground and Reviews On The Run are great shows.

This is funny, it started out as X-play dissucssion and then it ends up bashing Tommy Tallarico, nice we should make a fan letter to G4TechTV.

You could just post in their forums. I hear all they do is bash him.

8. HotsForTahiri78

Apr 2, 2002
    Have you ever been in their forums? They all praise tommy tallarico and kiss up to him soo much. It is pathetic. Hey..maybe Tommy is a nice guy, I don't know. What I DO know is that he knows very little about the current gaming industry, he may have known what he was doing a while back, but not now

9. Ceethreepio

Mar 4, 2003
    Burn Tommy Tallarico Burm.

10. Ceethreepio

Mar 4, 2003
    Do you remember the original game show on ZDTV with Adam? That show was cool, because it was an hr long.

11. LordMajinn

LordMajinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2004
    I don't know about you guys but, I don't even like the fact that they merged tech t.v. and G4. In my opinion the channels were fine seperated. The only show I really like on tech t.v. is x-play. It would have been better for them just to move that show over to the G4 channel instead. With the exception of x-play, everything else on tech t.v. in my opinion doesn't really interest me that much.

12. Eva_Pilot04

Nov 15, 2001
    Yeah, I didn't like the merger either... just for the opposite reason. :p The only G4 show I watch semi-regularly is Players. TechTV has my favourite shows. X-Play, Screen Savers, Call for Help, Unscrewed, FFM, Fresh Gear, etc... I heart them all! :p

»Who dares wins«

13. LordMajinn

LordMajinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2004
    Whenever the tech t.v. shows come on I just flip the channel to something else. I wonder how long the merg will last?

14. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    I personally don't like the merg. I miss having Robot Wars on in the evening. :( Even though it had to much boring junk you got some sweet fights.

15. Ceethreepio

Mar 4, 2003
    Everybody needs there late night of...Craig Charells(sp)

16. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    I miss having Robot Wars on in the evening. Even though it had to much boring junk you got some sweet fights.

Anyone remember Hypno Disc? Watching that killer was pure joy! A terminator! [face_hypnotized] :D

17. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Hypno disk was good but I liked Razer. Hated Tornado. Anyone remember the fight when they put that frame on that was too big for the pit?

18. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    That is so cool:)! Do you know what night that episode is on?

19. Ceethreepio

Mar 4, 2003
    What is everyone's favorite X-play episode?

20. Eva_Pilot04

Nov 15, 2001
    Oh, there's too many to name.

The two parter where they went to Japan was good. I also liked the beach volleyball segment where Adam made an especially big arse of himself.

Then there was the one were Morgan went to the shooting range so she could beat Adam at Halo. There's just something really hot about Morgan shooting an automatic rifle. [face_love]

:p

»Who dares wins«

21. Ceethreepio

Mar 4, 2003
    Then there was the one were Morgan went to the shooting range so she could beat Adam at Halo. I like this episode too. I also like the episode when they reviewed SW Galaxies.

22. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    What is everyone's favorite X-play episode?

when it was still extended play and adam was at C:II.

23. DarkSithDrew

DarkSithDrew Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    I dont really have a fav. i just like all of them.

24. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Err..umm..never mind...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.