X- Play

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Darth_Luinel_Kun, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xavier89 Jedi Knight

star 1
    [/quote]

No. No he isn't.
    He owns a large part of G4 and chooses to act like the moron he is. Adam Sessler on the other hand is forced to act like a complete retard on a show for idiots.
    Look at any live G4 event and you see Sessler as actully knowing what he's talking about, instead of the spaz on T.V.[/quote]

My apologies on the Sessler thing. After reading your post I decided to check out X-Play at E3(which I taped a while back but never got around to watching it)to see if you were right. Sure enough you were. I was pleasantly surprised to see him acting knowledgeble and somewhat serious, though I did think he still had a couple of goofy moments here and there. Although my opinion of Sessler has changed,I still think X-Play is filled to the brim with stupidity but I'll blame that on writers with a poor sense of comedy.

BTW,I didn't know Tommy owned a large part of G4.
  2. rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling

star 6
    X-Play is my favorite show on TV.

This says a lot for the quality of television these days. But it is funnier than most comedy and their game reveiws are usually accurate.

On Judgement Day. It's a steaming pile of crap. Neither Tommy or Victor know jack about games and it shows. The only reason they do their shows is because they produce them and give G4 cash. [face_money_eyes]

I too miss TechTV. :(
  3. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
    No. No he isn't.
    He owns a large part of G4 and chooses to act like the moron he is. Adam Sessler on the other hand is forced to act like a complete retard on a show for idiots.
    Look at any live G4 event and you see Sessler as actully knowing what he's talking about, instead of the spaz on T.V.[/quote]

My apologies on the Sessler thing. After reading your post I decided to check out X-Play at E3(which I taped a while back but never got around to watching it)to see if you were right. Sure enough you were. I was pleasantly surprised to see him acting knowledgeble and somewhat serious, though I did think he still had a couple of goofy moments here and there. Although my opinion of Sessler has changed,I still think X-Play is filled to the brim with stupidity but I'll blame that on writers with a poor sense of comedy.

BTW,I didn't know Tommy owned a large part of G4.[/quote]

HOLY ****. Did I just get an apology and a...a...a... change of heart from someone on the internet? A newbie even? My God. Maybe it isn't hopeless. Myabe there is still good left in the world.
    /single tear rolls of cheek.

Life is beautiful.
    I like Victor. He's the only thing restraining the maddness that is Talirico.
    That bastard gave Paper Mario a 5. A FIVE OUT OF TEN.
    He needs to die.
  4. rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling

star 6
    I like Victor. He's the only thing restraining the maddness that is Talirico.

Tallirico is the one I prefer. He is pretty ignorent about games, but at least he is funny.

That bastard gave Paper Mario a 5. A FIVE OUT OF TEN.

While watching his review I was in tears. Of laughter.

One of my friends was *****ing about that too. In all honesty I kind of agreed with TT. I was unimpressed by the demo I played and it didn't look like it got any better. But overall they are casual gamers and they lack the quality of many sources like EGM and IGN. Did I mention they are casual gamers?
  5. MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head

star 6
    I just a new episode of Cheat today, when did Corey leave? And why is some non-gaming chick hosting the show?!!
  6. Atticus Jedi Master

star 4
    I think Kristen has been around since March or so.
  7. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    I think she was a reject from the first American Idol. I don't care for her that much, but that Corey guy got on my nerves. I don't ever watch it, but I've noticed that they also replaced the hosts on Arena.

As far as Tallirico being ignorant about games, I disagree. He just tends to give bad reviews to genres he doesn't like. Isn't he a composer for videogames? I would imagine he'd be fairly knowledgable about games with a professional background such as that.
  8. Atticus Jedi Master

star 4
    Kristen was on AI, I think she was one of the first ones to go whne it got down to the top 12 I think. I definately prefer her over Cory Rouse, he was jsut downright annoying.

Yeah, Tommy composed music for Advent Rising. I haven't played the game, but on g4tv.com, they said the gameplay was allright but they really liked the music that Tommy did.
  9. MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head

star 6
    They keep changing the hosts on Arena, I miss the original hosts.
  10. Atticus Jedi Master

star 4
    Who originally hosted it? I never watch it excpet ofr acouple times. The only ones I know are Kevin, Lee and that one unattracive lady.
  11. MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head

star 6
    Wil Wheaton and Travis Oats
  12. Darth_Luinel_Kun Jedi Master

star 3
    I wonder how many of the hosts on g4 actually are "gamers."
  13. rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling

star 6
    I wonder how many of the hosts on g4 actually are "gamers."

Most of them play games. Few really know what they are talking about though.
  14. Atticus Jedi Master

star 4
    Like Rogue said, most of them play games, but not all of them are hardcore gamers. I remeber reading an article with Kritin Holt and she said she was playing Halo 2 with her brother alot, but I dout that she is into it hardcore. I could be wrong though, but she just doesn't look like a hardcore gamer.
  15. Cloudreaper Force Ghost

star 2
    Tommy has composed music for a good number of games. I personally prefer Jeremy Soule's stuff, but they're pretty much in two distinctly different of music types. Tommy's a complete geek too...I remember an interview that toured his home...it would be the sheer size and cost of his home that would attract females, not what he dedicates certain rooms to. :) A 'hard core' gamer wouldn't necessarily sound less ignorant than any of these guys...in fact, they may wind up sounding worse because 'hard core' gamers tend to be narrowly focused on either a genre or the next 'cool' game. Ask a Halo 2 junkie where all the skulls are and he might be able to tell you, but ask him what Silent Storm is and he'll probably give you a blink look.

At least Judgement Day does feel sincere, for good or bad, while X-Play always feels like a high school stage production with over-acting and emphasis on the most immature aspects of everything. It basically feels like something done by nine year old for nine year olds...which means it can be funny at times, but is generally just not worth the time.

While I don't think Morgan Webb is the goddess some do, I'd probably be hard pressed to find an excuse to kick her out of bed...although she has gone through some scrawny times where she's been boney and her cheeks just sunken. Those pictures, however, disappoint me, considering how much a stink she's made (both sincerely and in her over-acting show persona) about the portrayal of women in games. Then again, maybe she's basking in her 'celebrity' status and gets enjoyment out of knowing that the guys who wouldn't give her the time of day when she was a gangly little girl now are imagining themselves with her.
  16. Drew_Atreides Force Ghost

star 5
    Hmm....well, i only watched my first episode of X-Play a few weeks ago..

My buddy put it on...They were reviewing a bunch of games i'd never even heard of, but i was entertained..

I found Webb annoying at first, but by the end of the show, i had adjusted to her style and actually quite liked her..

Of course, at the time, i didn't realize that THAT was the Morgan Webb that fanboys had been drooling about for the past little while..

I can see it, though.. She is pretty cute.
  17. RogueBoga1138 Jedi Knight

star 1
    There are differences between pretty,cute, and hot.

I would say cute, but not hot.

I think Xplay's oddness and stupidity make it the best show on G4.
  18. PaplooTheory Force Ghost

star 5
    I used to like it... then I realized something.

They're tools.

They say completely idiotic things that the typical fanbase would want them to, then say something completely on the contrary a month later if the public mood has changed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.