main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X-wing alliance keyboard controls

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by joystick, Oct 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joystick

joystick Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2004
    I borrowed x-wing alliance from my cousin but the case did not come with any instructions on the keyborad controls. I am trying to find out how to use the console in single player mode. Thnx.

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Pretty much the same as tie-fighter & x- vs tie.

And can't you configure the keys via the setup page (hit esc), and view the defaults in-game?

3. joystick

joystick Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2004
    I don't have either of those games. The problem is is that I am stuck on a level would just like to skip it. It is the level where you recover an Empiral probe and deliver it to Aeron. I haven't been able to make it past the inspection post without the probe getting destroyed.

4. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    Drop the probe when you first enter the checkpoint place. Fight off pirates. Pick up probe. Leave.

5. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    *Ahem*

And can't you configure the keys via the setup page (hit esc), and view the defaults in-game?

You might need to left or right arrow through to the control setups once you've hit Esc/

6. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Anyone else see the irony of the thread and the author's username? :p

7. joystick

joystick Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2004
    Yeah, I know the irony. It was the first thing that came to mind as I was trying to find help for my problem. Thanks for the idea to drop the probe. As far as figuring out the keyboard commands, I haven't found anwhere that goes over them.

8. joystick

joystick Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2004
    How do you drop something that you have picked up?

9. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    OK.

Start a mission.

Start flying

Hit ESC

Select controller configuration

Select REMAP JOYSTICK BUTTONS

Select a button

A pop-up appears giving the full keyboard map for the game.

Note down what each key does

Enjoy game

10. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    No offense, but don't they explain what the key do in the early family missions?

11. PrelateZeratual

PrelateZeratual Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    they only tell you a few things, now to release cargo is Shift+R, you already know how to pick up stuff so thats a given. Some family missions and in another mission youll do for the alliance in the Sabre youll be required to do Shift+D to dock with whatever youre docking with. R=nearest enemy target. O=Nearest Objective. T=shifting targets. E=the enemy currently tracking you. F1 and F2 shift through allied tragets while F3 and F4 shift through all enemy targets. C=countermeasures. X=links weaponry while W=switch weapons. V=closing Sfoils if youre ina craft that does that. M=map. 1-0 increases and decreases acceleration. the numbers on the key pad allow you to look about while youre in mission. G=shifting to gunwell if youre in one of the transports(ie:eek:tana) the rest i rarely use so thats about all i can tell you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.