main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X-Wing Alliance: New Enhanced Skirmishes - Hyperspace enabled, mission editor edited

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Janz_Walker, Feb 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    For all of you XWA afficianados, I have for download several skirmishes that you can play with your friends that allow you to hyperspace between regions. Three of them are edited with a mission editor, so they are more complex than what you can accomplish with the regular skirmish editor. Just think X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter.

The cost is that you have to do some manual tweaking, but it is nothing complex and does not take very long, and it is worth the extra time before you play!

Go to the NJO Project website for more information and to download!

2. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    I must say I haven't been to your site in a while. Just checked it out and the ships look encouraging. Be interesting to see the final project. Keep up the good work.

3. Janz_Walker

Sep 9, 2000
    Pat-fett, are you from a Lawrence? If so, what state? There is a Lawrence, Kansas, which just happens to be about an hour away. Just checked my stats, and that is the name of the only visitor I've had since I posted the news. :D

Btw, BIG thanks for TFN's XWA Squadron for testing out the multiregion Artoo Rescue skrimish!

Chris

4. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Well, that multiregion was alot of fun....

...though the alt-tabbing and such was annoying. :p Definately worth it though!

Will check out the stuff soonish.

edit:
    1 February 02:07 Comcast Communications, Lawrence, United States
    10. 1 February 09:10 Comcast Communications, United States

Haha! It didn't say where I was :cool:

5. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    I didnt follow a word of the step by step explanation. But sounds good.

Wish Id stayed up now :(

6. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Pat-fett, are you from a Lawrence?

That's odd. I live in a town called Madison when at school. I just check and saw the same thing. Maybe that's where the service runs from for school. Live in Indiana BTY.

7. Janz_Walker

Sep 9, 2000
    Reaper, there is a different installation process for each of the three types of skirmishes. Perhaps that is where you got confused?

The skirmish types are in each SKM file name so you know what one it is. AlliED, MultiRegion, and AlliED MultiRegion.

Chris

8. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    Nah, its just how its "edit this, enter this, ALT-TAB that". Im an idiot, I cant follow things by myself :)

9. Janz_Walker

Sep 9, 2000
    Well once you do it the first time it becomes really easy to do again. :) Just follow it step by step.

Chris

EDIT: btw... is the white text on black hard to read for you?

10. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    I'll do it when I need to :)

11. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    I'm like Reaper, I not only suck at tinkering, but I really don't like doing things like that. I loved PC for JK - and don't really like JO cause you have to put the .pk3 files into folders - I always stuff it up or something.

[face_plain]

12. Janz_Walker

Sep 9, 2000
    [face_plain]

It's only a few keyboard keys and mouse clicks and people won't do it... well it figures.

13. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    well, I'd like to know a bit more before I do anything... if I do anything.

What's this hyperspace thing? Does it just merge two skirmishes together into 1 or something?

14. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    Janz, Im not having a go or anything, Im just being honest. I constantly screw games/programs up, so prefer not to edit and the like until needed.

Did the config part :)

15. Janz_Walker

Sep 9, 2000
    Oh that's fine. :) All you have to do is reinstall. :p

Hyperspace is just what it sounds like. The skirmish is spread across one to four different regions, just like in single player. It's not one to four different skirmishes. It's all one mission. And if you edit it with a mission editor, then you get something like the single-player XWA missions. :D

Chris

16. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    While I don't play the MP in XWA just thought I'd give a shout out to ya from KC Janz. Your old Hawks aren't have so great a year I see. Not that I'm down on em, as my wife's from lawrence and is a huge fan. Though if I could rip down these Haase posters I would ;) (so I could replace them with my SW posters).

On topic: any word on how the XWA update is going along. I checked it out awhile back but didn't do much as all the individual file uploading and modding was a little beyond me.

17. Janz_Walker

Sep 9, 2000
    It's kind of stalled out. But my project is going strong.

BTW, I'm a wildcat. :D

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.