main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit X-wing and TIE Fighter Digital Re-Releases!!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth_Henning, Oct 28, 2014.

1. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Like x1000! :D

As a Mod, I will increase your likes accordingly. :p

--Adm. Nick

CooperTFN likes this.
  2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, that would be a little unbalanced. A single fighter would take out 3 SSDs and a Death Star :p

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

3. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    MissileBoat4Lyfe.

CooperTFN likes this.
  4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Except that XWA made it ugly. Thank goodness XWAUpgrade restores the original look.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

5. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I'm wondering if I want to buy Rebellion and waste some weeks of my life. Early summer of 1998 was spent speculating about TPM and playing the WEG RPG and Rebellion with my homies until late at night. I still have the fantastic poster that came with the original game, identifying all units and characters...

God I'm old.

6. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Rebellion was the first game I ever made mods for -- first I added EU characters, then I added myself as Galactic Emperor... good times.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  7. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    There were a few years there where I was living for the day XWA Upgrade came out. By the time it did I was over it. [face_dunno]

8. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Get out. Come back when you have repented.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  9. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    So... why was Rebelllion called "Supremacy" in Britain? Was it a conflict with some other IP, or was it honestly a marketing thing thinking Brits wouldn't buy a game about Rebellion?

10. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I said "was"--I'm back...under it?...now.

11. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    The former I'm pretty sure, but you never know. That was the 90s, man, the loss of their empire was just way too soon. I mean they had just finished beating up Argentina a decade before that.

StrikerKOJ likes this.
  12. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    My guess would be that the "Supremacy" business might of had something to do with Rebellion Developments, a British video game company that is apparently notorious for being very protective of the Rebellion name. To the point Rebellion Developments threw a fit over the last expansion to Sins of a Solar Empire, a stand-alone entitled Rebellion, for using the name. The courts rightly recognized that Rebellion Developments claims were ridiculous, so they ruled in favor of Ironclad Games, the developers of Sins of a Solar Empire.

Praenomen Cognomen and Iron_lord like this.
  13. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    GrandAdmiralJello

Do you have a link to that mod for fixing the map?

--Adm. Nick

14. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I think it's this guy's http://forums.swrebellion.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3813 mod. But he says it's available by email, and I don't recalling emailing anyone to get it? It's possible it could be part of Rebellion Refreshed/Reloaded (also on that site), but I don't think so -- I use Refreshed because it provides a new .exe that lets you play in windowed mode, but I don't think I use Reloaded.

I'm having a devil of a time figuring out which one it is that I actually used. I think the install files are actually on my laptop somewhere, because I currently just have it already installed here.

15. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    If you dig up that direct link we had years ago, let me know! I definitely want to build my map.

--Adm. Nick

Abadacus likes this.
  16. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
  17. ATimson

ATimson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 19, 2003
    WMIRTUTSF and TrandoJedi like this.
  18. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    I already own all of the Star Wars games on Steam, and all of the ones in that bundle unfortunately. I'm looking more forward to whatever GoG has in store next, since they get games that Steam doesn't or won't.

19. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I'd totally get the Bundle if I didn't already own the most of them on Steam (those May the 4th sales!). With GOG, once I get those DRM-free games I will probably never play the Steam versions again anyways.

20. stung4ever

stung4ever Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    DelRiego likes this.
  21. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Stang, I should have waited.

TC

22. stung4ever

May 17, 2002
    If you already bought the bundle (and paid enough for the additional tier), you get the add ons.

DelRiego and Cynical_Ben like this.
  23. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Nice! Do I need to make sure to download all of these right away, or can I wait until I'm ready to play them?

TC

24. stung4ever

May 17, 2002
    If you go to your account, then My Library, it should be listed under unredeemed keys. And I've still got some from previous bundles that I haven't redeemed yet, so you should be good (although it wouldn't hurt to at least get them connected to your Steam account right away).

25. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    GOG is doing some kind of big rotating promo tonight--they put 100 "copies" of things on sale for as much as 75-85% off until the 100 sell out, then they rotate in a new game. I don't know when it started, but the e-mail I got a little while ago had X-Wing listed on it so there's a chance that it, at least, will be as cheap as $1.50 any minute now. Again, not totally sure how it works, but it's at least worth keeping an eye on if you're still planning to pick up their SW stuff.

ETA: As I was typing this, Secret of Monkey Island just went up for $4.99, and there's 300 copies listed--so who knows how this is happening.[face_dunno]