main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive X-Wing: Black Squadron (post RotJ)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by UlicQuel-Droma, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UlicQuel-Droma

UlicQuel-Droma Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 23, 2002
    Commander Qel-Droma entered the tapcafe and glanced around. Spotting his squad hanging out together, he made a mental note. Before joining them he walked by the bar and got the bartenders attention

Black Groups drinks are on me tonight. No limits.

With a smile he joined the group, standing next to their table leaning on another nearby.

Everyone unwinding sufficiently?

2. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    Sir, doing just fine. You are going to sit down and join us, right? Hey, I'm hungry, I'll get the munchies since the Commander's got the drinks!

3. RDG

RDG Jedi Master star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    Jase smiled. "Lets buy the commander some munchies! I'll pay for 3/4 of the food... What, Captains dont make that much more than you guys." Jase joked.

4. jaya02

jaya02 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2002
    "I only got three kills," Adysa said as the commander entered the tapcaf. She offered him a brief smile and ordered herself a drink.

5. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    "Lt. Phos, it is not the number of kills that is important. The most important thing is that you were not killed. You lived to face another battle." Lt. Terrik explained to Adysa.

"Do not get caught up in the hype of how many fighters that you destroyed. Remember that you also have participated in the termination of at least that many lives.

I have so much blood on my hands that I have trouble with it, most of the time."

6. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    "So what do you think our next action will be?" Davin asked.

7. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    "Not really sure Davin! Maybe we can get a few days to hit the Sims."

8. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    OOC: such an enthusiastic response!

9. UlicQuel-Droma

Jun 23, 2002
    Kills "matter" to fighter jocks Mr. Terrik and ill tell you why... its nice to see a tangible result of the difference youre making. Thinking about it in terms of taking lives is something you shouldnt remind yourself of all the time. Yes, we take lives. We take them in protection of others.

When you count kills... try not to think of it in terms of lives, but in terms of craft. In many cases the Imps eject just like we would. Never forget though, that we are soldiers. This is a war. Our work is serious and its important.

For now... try and relax and enjoy yourselves. For many of us, this tapcafe is our only relief from our jobs.

Finishing his drink, he sets his glass on the table, smiles and nods at the group of pilots and departs for his office

10. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    "Sir, sorry for letting my emotions get the best of me. I try not to think about the destruction that I have caused, because of the losses that I have suffered."

11. jaya02

May 12, 2002
    Adysa felt confused between to the two opposite answers she had gotten. Shaking her head, she decided to clear it by sipping her drink.

"Ah, that's much better."

12. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Lt. Terrik, feeling some remorse, paid the barkeep for the food, swigged the remainder of his drink, and headed for the Flight Simulator.

He found Taz in the Sim room.

"Taz, load up Battle #9"

Taz bleeped and blurted and whistled. On his display screen, the words came across, but Corran already knew what Taz was asking

"Taz, I am sure that that is which one I want to practice!"

Lt. Terrik sat in the Sim cockpit, and prepared himself for the reliving of the worst day of his life. The day he lost his wife and child. The last battle he fought for CorSec.

13. RDG

RDG Jedi Master star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    Jase thought he had too much to drink so he paid the bar tender and thought he would go to the sims to practice a little.

14. Darth_Callista

Darth_Callista Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2002
    Lt. Terrik finished his Sim battle holding back the tears, as he realized once again that he did everything right in the battle and that there was nothing else that he could do to save his family.

"Jase, you alright man? You look a little bit off!

Come on, let me walk you to your quarters."

Corran and Jase made their way to Jase's quarters. Corran made sure that Jase was okay and then proceeded to his own quarters to sleep.

15. RDG

RDG Jedi Master star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    Jase got into bed and then got up quickly and had to vomit. "Man, I did have too much to drink. Now I know why tie pilots are so bad," Jase thought to himself. He drank some water, went to bed, and fell asleep.

16. UlicQuel-Droma

Jun 23, 2002
    **The StormHammer suddenly lurches and everyone standing is thrown to the ground. Crew members fall out of bunks and the power flickers. Alarm klaxons begin sounding and another explosion is heard as the ship again shudders.**

All hands to their battlestations, all hands to their battlestations! came the alert over the com system.

17. jaya02

May 12, 2002
    Adysa heard hte alert over the comm system and wondered what her battlestation was. She hadn't been assigned one yet.

18. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Lt. Terrik, startled from the claxon alarms, shot out of bed and quickly threw on his flight suit. Taz had already left for the docking bay.
    As Corran ran out of his quarters, he saw Adysa looking a little bewildered.

"Lt. Phos, you ok? You ready to launch?"

19. RDG

RDG Jedi Master star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    Jase was thrown out of bed and quikly put some clothes on and ran out of his quarters to meat Corran and Adysa.

20. Baron_Fel

Baron_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001

Following the intercomm's orders, Kyle runs to the locker room and got his fkight uniform on. He then made his way to the hangar to find his X-wing's repairs finished. He jumped into it and started the systems.

21. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Corran, Adysa and Jase all reached the hangar together. They saw some of the other Black Squadron pilots already preparing their fighters.

Corran noticed that Taz was already in his socket and had the T65-XJ prepped.

Taz was his best friend. Corran really liked the fact that Taz was around. He was glad that he bought the little bugger. Taz had made life easier for Corran, ever since he left CorSec.

"Taz, we are Green, right?

"toodle, beep, beep, tiddle." Which meant affirmative.
    "Whistle, beeeep, blurt."

"Good job Taz!"

"Adysa, Jase. Taz got your astromechs to prepare your fighters too!"

"We are ready for launch!"

22. UlicQuel-Droma

Jun 23, 2002
    Commander Qel-Droma was waiting in the bay as the squad began arriving. Pointing towards space Everyone to your fighters, pair off in your groups and protect the StormHammer. 2 Imp Deuces and a Neb B dropped out of hyperspace, fighters are all over. Let Blue Squad return fire on the capital ships, just get those fighters off the StormHammer

**All around the sounds of the StormHammer taking shots, the shuddering of the ships under the onslaught, and the sounds of the Hammer returning fire.**

With that Command Qel-Droma climbined his X-Wing and hopped in. No sooner it was moving for space, the canopy closing. Within seconds he was in space rocketing into combat

**Outside, spoace was lit by laser fire, missles, and explosions... the situation doesnt look good**

23. Baron_Fel

Baron_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001

Maybe I can get that ISD today, thought Kyle. Following Black leader he roared out of the hangar into a literal firestorm.

He turned into a long loop that brought him behind a squint. It took a direct hit from his cannons and exploded. He then rolled and did a number of snap rolls to throw off any Imps looking for a target lock.

In the distance he got sight of one of the Imp Deuces. "Black squadron, this is Black Five. I am going on a run against that Star Destroyer. If you want to share the kill form up on me."

Tag Anyone.

OOC: What kind of ship is the Stormhammer?

24. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Lt. Terrik vaulted up his ramp to the cockpit and no sooner did he sit down, did Taz already start the repulsorlifts turning the X-Wing into launch position.

"Control, this is Black 9, I have 4 lit and my board is green. I am launching."

"Roger, Black 9, you are go for launch. Give 'em hell!"

No sooner did he hear 'go for launch', that Corran ignited his forward thrusters.

As soon as Lt. Terrik clear the hangar bay, he headed for a flight of TIE's coming up on Black 1's 6.
    Corran, lined up the closest TIE, since he was coming onto their port. He switched to stutter-fire and started peppering the solar panels of the TIE. One of the shots hit the exhaust port of the TIE and it exploded in a brillant orange-red fireball.
    Quickly Corran slide-slipped into the rear of the 3 remaining TIE's, when he heard Black 5 on the comm channel; "Black squadron, this is Black Five. I am going on a run against that Star Destroyer. If you want to share the kill form up on me."

"Black 1, I have your pursuit lined up and about to take them out.

But it sounds like Baron wants all of the glory.

Let's give a hand!"

And with that Lt. Terrik switched to quad-linked lasers and fired 3 bursts. Each burst was a direct hit on the 3 TIE's on Black 1's tail.
    Black 9 performed a half barrel-roll and half flip to streak towards Lt. Wrath.

"Baron, watch out! Keep your turns tight to avoid the turbolasers. I will be there in 30 seconds"

25. UlicQuel-Droma

Jun 23, 2002
    OOC: The StormHammer is a Modified MC80b Mon Cal cruiser.

Mods include advanced sensor package, reduction in crew capacity for more armor, heavier shields, and advanced power output and engine capability. Also the addition of several 4 missle matteries. Otherwise its largely unchanged.

The StormHammer was specifically designed for patrolling Imperial Space and is not the only modified MC80b that does so.

It carries 4 squadrons Black, Blue, Green, and Purple.

Black - Xwing and mixed fighter elite squad
    Blue - Ywing heavy fighter squad
    Green - Awing interceptor squad
    Purple - Bwing assault squad

For those of you who were wondering :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.