main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive X-Wing: Black Squadron (post RotJ)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by UlicQuel-Droma, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron_Fel

Baron_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    Kyle pulled up behind a TIE and witht a press of a button it was disintegrated. He then turned to face the heavily damaged Imp Star. "Black Squad, I am going on another run on that Star Destroyer. I'm heading to the engines, and will hopefully take the reactor as well. Five out." He continued on his attack.

EDIT: Got post 300!!!

2. RDG

RDG Jedi Master star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    OOC: I wanted 300!

IC: "Stormhammer, requesting reload." Jase fired on a tie that the stormhammer's gunner's couldn't get.

"You are clear for landing, 2."

Jase took his X-Wing in and they put in a new salvo of torps. "5, I'm right behind you on the Destroyer."

3. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    Corran overheard the chatter about the Imps firing on EVA's and that the first run on the ImpStar did not destroy it. He started thinking that maybe he should have fired his last 4 torps at it.

"5, this is 9, I still have 4 torps on me, I am going to fire them from long range. I will be firing them in about 5 seconds."

Lt. Terrik juked to the right, and fired a burst of quad-linked lasers. He used the destruction of the TIE as cover for his run on the ImpStar.

"StormHammer, I am going to need a reload of torps."

"Roger 9, the hangar will be waiting."

And with that, Corran lined up and fired the remaining 4 torps on the damaged ImpStar. He didn't even bother waiting to watch the impacts.

Corran, corkscrewed to port and saw a group of TIE's heading for the belly of the StormHammer.

"StormHammer, your belly is exposed, I got a beat on the flight group heading in, keep an eye out for me!"

"Copy 9, good hunting!"

Lt. Terrik acknowledge the transmission and boosted power to his engines, so that he could try and keep the damage to a minimum.

Taz started to warn Corran of something, but he knew it already. It was a trap. A second group of TIE's was coming straight at him, perpindicular from the one he was going after.

"Black Squadron, this is Black 9, I don't think that I am going to finish this one....this is a total...."

The TIE's started firing on him and were scoring some direct hits. Lt. Terrik's shields were failing.

4. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001

"Black Two," Kyle called out. "Between the two of us we have enough torpedos to blow that ship to smitherens. Let's go in and his it's engines." Kyle then pulled away from Two. He pulled his stick to do a long loop to come out behind the ImpStar.

From this distance he could see the engines still going strong. He accelerated and flew straight at the engines. His shields suddenly buckeled. "Two, I got a squint on my tail!" He then did his best to evade but the squint was still on him.

5. Tom_Antilles

Tom_Antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2002
    *Burnside flew in the burst of a destroyed TIE when he saw the X-wings that was heading for the SD.*

This is Blue 11. I assisting you with my ion cannon!

*He shot some rounds on the SD there the reactor was. Then the X-wings came and finished it of.*

This is Blue 11. Good work! this is what team work really is about!

OCC: If I am not too mistaken, the Y:s has a ion cannon.

6. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001
    OOC: They do, buy you can't hit the reactor with it. An ion blast can't go through meters of armor and decks into it. I am trying to hit the engines to cause a big enough explosion that will take out the reactor with it. Oh and you can't post other players actions like that.

7. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    OOC:Y's do have an Ion cannon

8. Jacen13

Jacen13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2002
    Character Profile
    Name: Harman Rab
    Race: Human (White guy)
    Callsign(optional): Harm
    Years of Service: 1
    Personality: Can sometimes be a hothead, but calm and collected most of the time
    Description: Blond hair, blue eyes, about 5' 10"
    Personal History: A Hot shot t-16 pilot from Tatooine. Families Moisture farm razed by imps. Mother and father killed. HE joined the New Republic air force for revenge on the imperial scum.

9. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    OOC:Welcome Lt. Harman Rab.

10. Loki_Nightstalker

Loki_Nightstalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 2001
    Character Profile
    Name: Loki Nightstalker
    Race: human
    Callsign(optional):
    Years of Service: 1/2
    Personality: somber, loner
    Description: Blonde hair with white streaks and a scar curving across face.
    Personal History: Unknown.

11. UlicQuel-Droma

UlicQuel-Droma Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 23, 2002
    OOC: Welcome guys, ok Harman Rab is sliding into Black 4's spot as she hasnt been with us for some time and it doesnt look like shes coming back.

Loki, you have Black 12. Ill post a new squad roster when I get a chance, unless Satimber you want to grab the bull by the horns and do it for me :)

Been real busy, sorry I havent been around much. You guys are doing an excellent job though, keep the great posts coming!!

12. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    probably....maybe...if I just edit the roster from the other day.....could be done...

EDIT: I am issuing callsigns to Doran and Nightstalker.

13. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Roster Update

1. Commander Aeryc Qel-Droma / BlackIce (UlicQuel-Droma)

2. Captain Jase Terran / Black Arrow (RDG)

3. Colonel Cin Dicate / Arclight (Barabel)

4. Lieutenant Harman Rab / Harm (Jacen13)

5. Lieutenant Kyle Wrath / Baron (Baron_Fel)

6. Lieutenant Adysa Phos / Light (jaya02)

7. Lieutenant Trey Doran / Dragon (Doran)

8. Lieutenant V'Trey 2115 / V'Trey (SithSpawn69)

9. Lieutenant Corran Shawn Terrik / Satimber (Jedi_Satimber)

10. Lieutenant Davin Blac / Squint (Sith_241)

11. Lieutenant Rhode Burnside / Jackal (Tom_Antilles)

12. Lieutenant Loki Nightstalker / Lightsout (Loki_Nightstalker)

Flight 1
    Commander Qel-Droma
    Lt. Rab
    Lt. Wrath
    Lt. Burnside

Flight 2
    Captain Terran
    Lt. Blac
    Lt. Doran
    Lt. Nightstalker

Flight 3
    Colonel Dicate
    Lt. V'Trey
    Lt. Terrik
    Lt. Phos

The Commander will decide the new flight group order.

14. UlicQuel-Droma

Jun 23, 2002
    Splinters of laser fire shredded a TIE fighter, and then another and Black 1 felt hard pressed to keep the numbers down. They just kept coming... and then he saw them. Several torpedoes going right for the Hammer. Throwing all shield power into engines, Commander Qel-Droma moved as fast as his X-Wing would go towards the incoming ordinance.

Targeting carefully he opened up with the quad cannons. Several explosions knocked him off course with a shower of sparks from his controls. Rolling into space, Black 1 saw a bright flash as the few remianing torps hit the Hammer causing a large explosion.

Listing, the Hammer began moving slowly towards a nearby unknown planet and panicked calls began coming from the bridge.

This is 1, the Hammer is badly damaged and drifting towards the planet. The captain was killed and the sub-commander is in charge.

Move away from her if you can... 2 youre in charge. Run the Imps off and give the Hammer some cover, theres a chance she'll survive a crash landing but we'll be hard pressed to get everyone thats still alive out of there...

Black 1, from the outside, was badly damaged engines arcing with energy and inoperable the fighter was also heading for the planet... though much faster than the Hammer.

My controls are dead, and im going down too. Take care of the Imps, and if I survive, Ill signal. Get set up for your attack run. May the Force be with you.

15. UlicQuel-Droma

Jun 23, 2002
    Looks excellent Satimber, thanks a million! Unless anyone has a problem with the flight order, we'll leave it as is for now. :)

16. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001

"Oh, kriff," Kyle cursed as he heard the bad news. "Two I'm gonna fire two torpedos almost at point blank. You fire as many as you want, but I'm saving some for the other."

Kyle decreased his speed and maneouvered as close as he could to the engines. He was now looking sideways at one. This was tricky, if the whole engine blew it could take Kyle with it. And if Kyle was not killed but sent into the engine wash of the other engine, he was dead too.

He had no choice so he fired the torpedos and immediately pushed his stick down and accelerated to top speed and put all shields into his aft. He flew on waiting for the explosion.

17. Jacen13

Aug 17, 2002
    Harm got his X-wing out of the Hammer's bay just before a barrage of laser fire reduced it to slag. This is Harm reporting in. He yawed his fighter around and blew an incoming fighter to smithereens, the shreded panels flying in all directions. Gouge one Eyeball, I'm makin' a run on the ImpStar, Black Arrow, can I have some cover fire? Harm's fighter swooped in at the Stardestroyer, laserfire gouging holes in the armor plating, silencing turbolasers. A sudden barrage in his 12 temporaroly brought down his fore shields, but his R5 unit shifted his shield distribution to cover it. He inverted his X-wing and threw it into a loop. He armed his torpedoes and linked them, bringing his targeting reticule over the ship's bridge. Two torpedoes flew out of their tubes as he squeezed the trigger. He then swithched to lasers and fired them at the bridge YEEEHAAAAW!!! Eat that ya vacum suckin' sithspawn! The lasers danced across the bridge shields, lowering them as the first torpedo reached them. The second torpedo exploded against the transparasteel windows, blowing them in, and spewing a shortlived, sputtering flame and the contents of the bridge.

18. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001
    OOC: Ah, you have to take out it shields before you can hit the armor.

19. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    OOC: Sorry i havent poste in awhile, forgot i was in this RP.

IC: Davin blasted a passing tie.

20. Tom_Antilles

Tom_Antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2002
    OCC: It was suposed to dissable the shields so you could blow the reactor. :) I know it makes no dioffirence, but just for your notice.

IC: Won´t those TIEs ever go away!? Duke (OCC: My R2), see if you can getany more power from those engines!

Bepbepbepbepbepbeeeeeeeeep

21. UlicQuel-Droma

Jun 23, 2002
    OOC: Im upping Satimbers rank to Lieutenant Commander and putting him in command of 3 flight. Colonel Dicate will sub-command. Thanks! :)

22. UlicQuel-Droma

Jun 23, 2002
    Entering the atmosphere, Black 1s comm was out, and the ride was rather bumpy. He couldnt see anything through the canopy and his sensors werent responding. Starting the landing cycle, the battered X-Wing streaked across the sky... breaking from the atmosphere and Aeryc could see the yellow green jungle below.

Trying to get the nose up, Aeryc struggled with the controls. Dropping faster and faster, the ship began tearing the tops of trees off and then suddenly was knocking them over as it abruptly hit the ground and slid several hundred yards... final grinding to a halt in a clearing with a huge splash into a lake.

As the canopy rose slowly, Aeryc frowned. At least he was alive. But where? With that a large BOOM was heard above. Climbing from his cockpit he could see the Hammer cross the sky in a flaming streak above and crash with another loud BOOM and grinding noise off in the distance. The birds in the area fleeing, Aeryc could see smoke a distance away.

Well, guess im walking. R6? Damn... The droid was inactive Looks like im walking alone.

With that Commander Qel-Droma grabbed some gear and a utility vest and started off in the direction of the downed craft.

The wreckage was steaming from the hasty re-rentry and was very damaged however despite the heavy damamge the extra armor insulated its descent enough that there were at least 100 survivors. Communications were sporadic, but they were sending a general distress call

This is the Modified Calamari Cruiser the StormHammer... any New Republic ships please assist. We have a large number of wounded and many casualties. Our ship has gone down on an unknown moon. Please assist...

23. Loki_Nightstalker

Loki_Nightstalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 2001
    Loki looked at his visual sensors and frowned as he noticed something. Shoving it out of his mind he flow towards the damned Impstar, all this time he was kept busy using evasive action against ties and he got very lucky when one flew into a stream of friendly fire. After that they flew off to join the battle so he was hovering out alone and looking for an oppertunity to strike.

24. Jacen13

Aug 17, 2002
    OOC: Are we playing X-wing style or Rouge Squadron style. In X-wing if ya hit one spot hard enough, the sheilds momentaraly drop. In Rouge ya have to hit the three sheild genarators first, the two on top, then the bulgey one on the bottom, besides, if your hiting the reactor and engines, the sheilds will be focused on that portion of the ship, so the bridge sheilds will be weakened.

25. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001
    OOC: I don't know about everyone else but I'm Rogue Squadron style from the comics and novels. They do a run on the ImpStar and launch two torpedos each. The concentration of torpedos takes out the shields momentarily and it that period they launch their remaining torps. And I've already destroyed the bridge with four torpedos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.