main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive X-Wing: Black Squadron (post RotJ)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by UlicQuel-Droma, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacen13

Jacen13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2002
    OOC: Okay, Iwas going by the X-wing novels
    For my last post, instead of hitting the bridge, it hit behind it, gutting the area behind the ship.

IC: This is Black 4, How long has the bridge been out? Cause if we're not careful, this thing could drift into the planet's gravity well and crash on the planet. If we're not clear when thay happens, We could get sucked in too! Harm spun his X-wing and blasted a laser turret into oblivion. R5-G9:BEEEEEEEEP! WAUUUWW!. Where'd the missle lock come from? Harm waited until he heard
    r5 confim a missle launch, then he flew at the communication array on the SSD. He spun his ship, just as the missle should have hit him, and it slammed into the Star destroyer instead. His R5 then shifter targets and showed him half a sguadron of blastboats. This is Harm! I have six incoming Blastboats! He swithced to torpedoes and fired one at the lead, he then followed it up with a laser barrage. It returned fire, two blasts hitting his sheilds, but they held. The blast boat's didn't. It exploded in a flash of light, and it veered and smacked into its wingmate. Both exploded.

2. RDG

RDG Jedi Master star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    OOC: sorry I did not post all the times I should have.

IC: Jase fired all but two torps at the engines and broke off to provide cover for the Storm Hammer. "I'm coverings the Storm Hammer. I require assistance." Jase flew in and blasted the left wing of a tie from the bottom.

3. Baron_Fel

Baron_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001

Kyle's two torpedos along with Black Two's pair hit the engines. They went through the weak hull and detonated inside the massive ship. Small explosions rippled around the engines and seconds later, the engines burst in a magnificient explosion destroying the rear of the vessel and soon the shockwave would reach the reactor. A split-second later the entire ship erupted in a large explosion, engulfing nearby escape pods.

Kyle's X-wing was screaming at top speed to outrun the wave but it slamed into the rear of his X-wing. The reamining forward section of the X-wing flung towards the moon. Kyle checked his systems and noted that his astromech was destroyed, both his wings to port were missing and so were those engines. The only things functioning were the repulsorlifts, life support and some shields. "This is Baron, my X-wing has sustained heavy damage and I am going to eject once I reach the moon. I'll meet you at he Stormhammer."

A minute later the X-wing hit the atmosphere and glowed red as it went further and further into the moon. He then burt his repulsors to slow the descent. That was about all he could do. He couldn't fly the ship.

Once he was a few hundred meters from the earth he pressed the eject button and was jettisoned. The parachute came on and he slowly glided to the surface.

4. RDG

RDG Jedi Master star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    Jase zommed around the Storm Hammer taking fire for the cruiser. He dove down and blasted a tie to metal debris with his lasers. An There were four incoming blastboats with signs of two destroyed ones. Jase fired a torp into the middle of their formation. It inflicted damage to them all. He shot his last torp at the leading blastboat. It was blown by a lucky shot from the blastboats before it reached them. "Black and Blue Squad, Four incoming blastboats that are trying to get ton the stormhammer. I am out of torps. I cant hold them off with lasers."

5. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    Lt. Cmdr. Terrik, as was the case of receiving a field commission, started coming around from his unconsciousness (sp?) caused by the extremely heavy damage he took from the TIE ambush and from the evasive manuevers that he tried to avoid destruction. He remembered taking out 6 of the 8 fighters, mostly with lucky shots.

His field of vision was blurred, from what he suspected was the result of a concussion.

"Taz, what is our status?"

There was no response from his trusted companion. Corran, tried shifting around to get a visual of his droid, but there was too much pain in trying to turn.
    His left shoulder was dislocated and his restraint belts were broken.
    Almost all of his electronics were unresponsive. He could also tell that communications and 3 of his engines were out as well. Shields were at 10% and Life Support was failing. EVA was totally out of the question.

Then he realized, to his utmost horry, that the StormHammer was entering atmosphere of the moon below.

Corran knew that his best chance of survival was too follow the MonCal Cruiser down onto the surface of the moon.

And with that, Corran nosed his fighter to enter atmoshpere and ride it down.

6. Tom_Antilles

Tom_Antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2002
    *Rhodes saw the big ship go down*

Oh my God... This is something you don´t see every day...

7. Jacen13

Aug 17, 2002
    Harm's ship was caught in the explosion. He punched all sheilds rear and everything to engines as he rode the shockwave. The ship began bouncing and his R5 unit screeched. electricity danced across his controls as the electromagnetic shockwave swept over his ship. Luckily, his shields prevented major systems failure, but he lost his lasers and sheilds and engines temporaroly. This is Black four, my sheilds and lasers and engines are temporaroly down. And Jase, next time you are sending a reactor critical, tell me! Harm saw freindly X-wing engaging the Blast boats, and he watched as the blastboats were destroyed. He watched as a the X-wings followed the Hammer down to the planet he heard the Hammer's distress signal. He saw a ship apear out of hyperspace near the edge of the planet's gravity well. His comm crackled "This is the New Republic Corvette Destiny, does anyone copy?" Harm keyed his comm on This is Lt. Harman "Harm" Rabb of the New Republic military requesting a pick-up. My ship's all but disabled, all I have is comm and life-support. The rest of Black Squadron is planetside. The Hammer is down, as is Black Leader. A few TIEs are down there but thats about it Harm sat back and waited. A shuttle launched from the Corvette, and it attached itself to Harm's X-wing and brought it back to the Corvette. They then headed Planetside.

8. RDG

RDG Jedi Master star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    OOC: You said Jace sat and waited. I think you meant Harm sat back and waited.

IC: Jase saw the NR cruiser comming and made a transmition that he hoped would reach Commander Quel Droma.

9. Jacen13

Aug 17, 2002
    OOC: Thanks, Jace is my name in the NJO Academy. That is my first RP, so I acidentally typed Jace. Sorry, I changed it.

10. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    I can't think of where I want to go with my part of the story right now...got to think of something good.

Question? What is OOC: and IC? I think IC is I see, am I right?

11. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001
    OOC: Lol, IC is In Character. Meaning that you are posting as your character.

OOC is Out Of Character. Meaning that you are posting as yourself.

IC:

Kyle glided to the ground and hit it running. He took his parachute and wrapped it up and hid it behind some bushes. He his there as well as he pulled out his datapad. He triangulated the Stormhammer's position using information he found with his sensors before he jumped.

Once he knew the location, he sprinted towards it. He looked up to see another X-wing going down. Just great, were being shot down one by one. He continued on the journey to the crashed Mon Cal cruiser. It would take him a number of hours.

12. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    thanx for the info.....after dinner I will post an IC post.

13. RDG

RDG Jedi Master star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    it is after dinner.

14. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    got busy.....still thinking....post in a little bit

15. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    OOC: I am sorry guys and girls. Weekends are hard for me to be on the computer, but I managed some time this weekend....however, I am having some family/housing problems that need my full attention....I can not concentrate enough to go along with the story right now....I need a couple days, unless I get some good news today.

Again I am truly sorry....please forgive me.

16. Jacen13

Aug 17, 2002
    OOC: S'okay Jedi_Satimber. Those things happen.

IC:The Corvet landed about 25 meters away from the Hammer. The rescue crews confirmed that there were people trapped in the wreakage, but about three-fourths were pulled from the wreak. As the crews got to work, the Imperial Star Destroyer made a grand entrance. Unable to resist the call of gravity, the immense warship hit the planet's atmosphere, burning a briliant red as it fell trough the atmosphere. It hit the ground causing tyhe ground to shake as it exploded, the wreakage falling over an area of about 20 square kilometers.

17. RDG

RDG Jedi Master star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    "Gouge the remaining eyeballs and then let's get down to the (OOC:corvette that I forgot its name)down on the moon."

18. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    LCdr. Terrik awoke from the crashing of his fighter, in even more pain than from before.
    He could feel that he had some broken ribs and that his arm was also broken. He could also tell that his knee was pretty busted up and that he sprained his ankle as well.

Great, crashed on a planet, moon, whatever it is, and nobody knows I am here!"

Started thinking to himself about how to survive and get help.

"Taz buddy, you Okay? Can you hear me, pal?"

Taz responding to Corran, but very faintly. The droid was able to get his message across the screen in the cockpit.

'Internal systems are completely scrambled, vocator is extremely damaged. Fighter is completely destroyed.
    I am repairable. How about you?'

"Well buddy, I am pretty banged up. Don't know if I can get out of here. Is any communications available?"

'Only short-wave radio is. Estimated range is 10KM's.'

"Gggrrrr-eat!, fire it up. Let's see if we can get some help!"

And with that, LCdr. Terrik, crossed his fingers and prayed.

"May-day, may-day, may-day. This is Lieutenant Commander Corran Shawn Terrik of Black Squadron, can anybody here me?"

Corran and Taz continued to repeat this message several times.......

19. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001

As Kyle trekked to the crash site, he looked up to see the Star Destroyer burn through the atmosphere and later felt it hit the ground. He looked up again to see Imperial shhutle craft and a large number of escape pods heading to the planet. One pod was headed right for him.

Just then his commlink crackled and he heard the voice of Lt. Cmdr Terrik. He pulled out the commlink. "Lt. Commander Terrik, this is Lieutenant Wrath. I know where the crash site is. Just tell me where you are and I'll meet you."

20. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    "Taz, are we broadcasting?"

Just then, Corran's comlink crackled to life.

"Lt. Commander Terrik, this is Lieutenant Wrath. I know where the crash site is. Just tell me where you are and I'll meet you."

"Lt. Wrath, thank you for hearing me. I can not get coordinates for you. My fighter is utterly useless. All systems were badly damaged in space and then the crash ruined everything else.

I have a broken arm, seperated shoulder, some broken ribs and some bad wheels. Taz also is damaged.

I need an extraction, try triangulating our comlink signals for a location. I do know that I am within 10 kilometers of you."

21. Jacen13

Aug 17, 2002
    The corvet repair crew helped him with his X-wing as the rest of Destiny's crew extracted people from the Hammer. They finished just as a message came in, very faintly on his comm "Lt. Commander Terrik, this is Lieutenant Wrath. I know where the crash site is. Just tell me where you are and I'll meet you." Harm recognized the voice and flipped his comm on to send. This is Lt. Harman Rab, Terrik, I can get you a pick up- as well as Lt. Terrik. I'm onboared the destiny, a New Republic Corvette. Relay me your approximate location and We can get a shuttle out to you.

22. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    As Corran was trying to tell Lt. Wrath to triangulate the signals from the comlink, he started hearing Lt. Rab trying to break thru.

"Lt. Wrath, can you hear Lt. Rab? Hold on, I am going to try and make contact with him!"

"Acknowledged Satimber."

"Lt. Rab, I can not ascertain my coordinates. My ship and its computers are completely shot. As is my homing beacon. I am severely hurt. I have a 10 kilometer range on this transmission. Sounds like we are at that range, because I can barely hear you.

"Wait a minute! I have a flare gun....I can launch the flare and you can head towards it. Or you can triangulate the comm signals for my location.

23. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001

"Lt. Commander Terrik, I think you should fire the flare," Kyle said through his commlink. "I know where you are and will be there shortly."

24. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    After hearing Lt. Wrath's message. Corran managed to fire the flare that he had left into the air.

And then waited for the arrival of his rescuers.

OOC:I have one hour left of work, and then be back tomorrow morning. If you all get a little ahead, someone can play me for a little bit.

25. Jacen13

Aug 17, 2002
    Okay, I see your flare! Lt. Wrath, get to Terrik, you have about five minutes... I'll be there to check on you in a couple of seconds. Harm flew towards the flare, he saw Terrik and Wrath. Okay, I see you two, I'm calling the Destiny now, you'll have a pick up in a few minutes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.