main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive X-Wing: Black Squadron (post RotJ)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by UlicQuel-Droma, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaya02

jaya02 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2002
    Adysa acknowledged her leader's orders with a comm click. Following 7 around in a full loop, she spotted a squint coming to his starboard side. "Don't worry, Seven, i've got this one."

Shifting her shields to her bow, she headed directly into the squint's path and shot a stream of lasers at it just before curving upwards and over it's head. Coming around in a full loop, she saw on her sensors, that although her shots had hit each of the squints wings, it was still able to follow her with adequate maneuverability.

Switching her shields to her aft, she completed her loop and sped up. Her sensors showed that the squint was keeping up with her pace. Suddenly, she cut the power to her thrusters, and as he X-wing shuddered from the sudden brake, she saw the squint fly by her. Wasting no time, she shot another stream of lasers at the squint's aft, blowing up it's engines, and was finally satisfied with a large explosion.

Looking at her sensors, she found Seven again, and followed him closely, keeping a watchout.

2. jaya02

May 12, 2002
    OOC: oops! i just noticed some of my typose in my previous post. oh well. anyways, i most likely won't be on tomorrow guys. so either Qel-Droma or Doran can play for me until I get back. ok. bye guys.

3. RDG

RDG Jedi Master star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    Jase has two ties on his tail and they were in close formation. He veered to the left and then toward the ties and then to the right avoiding them. It had worked. The ties had bumped distractindg them so Jase could come in and he blasted them with a rapid stream of laser fire. "2 eyeballs gouged... Black four, watch out, you've got a squint on your tail."

4. UlicQuel-Droma

UlicQuel-Droma Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 23, 2002
    Commander Qel-Dromas 4 torps slam into the hull one oafter the other of the frigate, causing serious damage to the aft section of the ship, when right after Lt. Wraths torpedoes slam into it as well causing it to split in the middle and come apart in a brilliant flash and explosion.

Good job Black 5

Angling his craft towards one of the Skiprays, lances of green energy fill the viewport. Several splahing off the shields. He rolls the craft hard to port and down, spiraling all the way around before climbing straight up again and dodging the rest of the shots.

Im hit but its negligible damage.

Banking his fighter around, Qel-Droma slips in behind the slower Skip and opens up with the quads, red darts of energy spray all over the skips aft shields and then through to the hull plating leaving scorchmarks and holes where atmosphere is venting. As Black 1 veers away from the ship it explodes from inside. Turning again and tracking he checks his targeting computer for Black 5 and the other Skip, and double checks 6 and 7's status.

Nice shooting out there guys, looks like Imperial training is a little lax these days. Lets wrap this up.

5. SithSpawn69

SithSpawn69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 24, 2001
    IC:"Damn!!! Looks like I've got to take care of thees guys the old fashioned way!" He cuts all power to engins, doing a starboard snap roll that makes the TIEs pursuing him overshoot. He powers up his canons and starts shooting at them. He takes a look at his sensor panel and notices a strange blip.
    "Black leader, this is 8. I have a contact on my sensors. Can you confirm or is it just a glitch?!
    One of the pusuing TIEs breaks formation and angles for a head to head. "Same speed, same manuverability, but I've got shields and you don't!" V'Trey takes the chalenege and goes head to head with the TIE.

6. jaya02

May 12, 2002
    Adysa had just finished shooting another squint out of the sky when she noticed an eyeball tailing V'Trey.

"Eight, you've got an eyeball on your tail!"

7. UlicQuel-Droma

Jun 23, 2002
    Checking the targeting computers again, Commander Qel-Droma looks to his right, out of the canopy at the fighter battle in the distance.

8, Black 6 is right, youve got one aft. Watch your shield angling.

Banking in formation with Black 5 covering him for a shot on the other Skipray, Aeryc reviews the MFD

Black 6 break off and join the fighter attack, LP5 can't take the beating anymore. 7 is clear of Imps. We'll watch him.

8. SithSpawn69

Apr 24, 2001
    IC:"shhhd.....one aft.........shshshshhs" "So my com is down, great!" V'trey angled for a shot at the incoming TIE. He pressed the trigger and fired his linked lasers. One missed and the other one grazed eyeballs port wing, leaving no damage, but a blackened surface. Suddenly his A-wing rocked. "WOW!! I picked up a tail somewhere. NOT good!" He started evasive manuvers but still got pummeled by the TIEs fire. He reversed inertial damping, sending a massive surge of power to A-wings lateral stabilizers, making an instant U-turn. A shower of sparks burst out of his control panel. He shot again at the incoming eyeball, hitting it dead on. "YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! My first kill" The TIE shatered into a million pieces. Suddenly, his A-wing shuddered and with another shower of sparks, his shields died.

9. Baron_Fel

Baron_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    Black 5

The Skipray fired with it's main guns at Kyle who was on his port wing then on starboard. All the while firing a barrage of red in dual fire mode.

He was too close to it so pushed his stick down to go under and did a small loop top aim at the rear of the Skipray. I maintained my position and fired quads at the Skipray's engines. The explosion sent the ship tumbling away with no propulsion or power.

"Thanks for the cover Lead," he said into the comm. He rolled to port and headed to LP5 at top speed.

TAG ALL

10. RDG

RDG Jedi Master star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    Jase had 2 ties on his tail. He put all shields on the bow and turned around so the ties had to angle in to shoot him. Jase flew too quickly and then inbetween them. They were still angled in so they colided and blew. (my character is good at manuvers to make ties bump) Suddenly there was a squint on his tail. Jase put all shields on aft and cut the throttle and went up to port. The interceptor was still on him. It penatrated his shields and soon got his aft stableizer offline. Jase was now doing backflips in space. He had an idea. If id did not work than Jase was dead. He tageted himself for a torpedo. He fired and the torp came flying back at him. Jase turned of the bottom 2 engines and did a dive dodging the torp which kept going and disintegrated the squint. "Lead, I am a floating wreck. My rear stabalizer has been hit and I cant control the ship. I have no defence, my shields are down. Have something pick me up."

11. jaya02

May 12, 2002
    Adysa watched as V'Trey got his first kill. She smiled, and tried to get him over the comm, but he wasn't responding. Her first thoughts were that he was too arrogant and full of himself to return her message, but she soon realized that his comm unit wasn't working.

"J2," she called her astromech droid," get me the stats on Eight's comm unit and shields."

Adysa got the disturbing news within the minute. "Oh no."

She flicked her comm on again. "Eight, can you hear me? Eight! Are you there?!"

Still getting no response, she commed Seven.
    "Seven, fly close to me. I have to protect Eight now, as well."

Turning to her starboard, she flew towards Eight. Coming up alongside him, she turned on her cockpit's internal light. She knew she was foolish to do such a thing in the middle of a battle, but she had no other choice. She had to communciate with V'Trey somehow.

After flicking her internal light on and off a few times, she finally got V'Trey's attention. Using her hands to communicate to him, she pointed at him, then at here and to Seven, and made weaving motions with her right hand, trying to show him to fly along with her and Seven. She could only hope V'Trey got the message.

TAG: V'Trey and Doran

12. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001
    IC:

Kyle checked his sensors and located the three remaining eyeballs and three remaining squints. Two squints were on their way to attack 6, 7 and 8.

He put as much power into the engines as possible then rolled and finally looped to the pair of squints.Chosing quad fire, he unleashed a barrage that turned a squint into a bright explosion.

The other squint entered full speed and flew away from Kyle. Kyle moved in behind him and set his lasers to single fire. He fired a barrage at the squint. The squint moved up and down, left and right before a laser went into it's engine. It instantly slowed causing the rest of the barrage to hit the squint and blow it up.

He pullled his stick up and flew onto a new course. Three eyeballs and one squint to go.

TAG others

13. RDG

RDG Jedi Master star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    OOC: Captain Jase Terran, your XO, is floating around in his damaged X-Wing and no body cares. What a nice bunch this squadron is. Just kidding. But still...Save me!

14. SithSpawn69

Apr 24, 2001
    IC:"....sdhshshss.......ight...hea..me...eight....shshshsss" "Damn, the com is still down! And so are my shields." V'Trey spotted Adyssa's X-wing and wondered why she had the cockpit light on. She wawed at him. "She must be congratulating me on my kill. How nice of her. I'll definitely buy her a drink back at the base." Another shower of sparks erupted from the control panel and V'Trey could suddenly smell smoke. His seat became uncofortably hot. He squirmed in his seat and waved back at Adyssa. "I'll just have to be quick with those five eyeballs out there. Oh, its just two now, someone is shooting them really nice. Nope, five again. DRAT! My sensores are gone. I'm never buying retail again!"

15. UlicQuel-Droma

Jun 23, 2002
    As Black 2 drifted in space, two of the ties decided to single him out as an easy target, they banked around coming in for the kill. Suddenly one of them exploded in a flash of light as a torpedo hit it dead on. The second knock off course by the explosion was an easy target as Black 1 sprayed the craft with laser fire, flying through the explosion, and banking around towards Black 2.

Making you sweat Black 2? Sorry it took so long, I couldnt decide which one I wanted to shoot. *chuckle* StormHammer is sending a shuttle, it should be here in minutes

Black Group, mop up whats left and guard the wounded craft, everyone goes home.

Settling his craft into a near crawling speed, Black 1 patrols around Black 2, monitoring the fight

LP5 reports heavy damage to weapon systems and hull breaches on lower decks but otherwise they are alright and are getting their shields back online within the next 60 seconds or so. Good job guys.

16. jaya02

May 12, 2002
    Adysa watched with relief as she saw Lead take care of the Imps on Two's tail. She was afraid she would have had to take care of three of he squadmates. She shook her head to get rid of negative thoughts, and turned on the commlink again.

"Seven, follow Lead, I have to go and help Eight." Adysa changed frequencies. "Lead, Seven is following you, but Eight's comm unit is malfunctioning and he can't hear your orders. I'm going after him, and I'll try to establish communication. Alright?"

TAG: Droma

17. UlicQuel-Droma

Jun 23, 2002
    Roger that Black 6, stick with 8, im watching 7 now. Black 5, take 3 and 4 and finish off the remaining Imps. Shuttle is inbound.

With that, a Lambda class shuttle exits hyperspace correcting its heading towards Black Group. Its transponder matching New Republic codes.

18. jaya02

May 12, 2002
    "Acknowledged, Leader."

Adysa sbrought her X-wing around her a wide curve to her port and trailed Eight. Putting some more power to her thrusters, she sped up, again coming alongside V'Trey.

She turned her cockpit light on, once again, and motioned to him with her hands. She hoped that this time he would get the message.

TAG: V'Trey

19. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001

"Copy lead," Kyle said into his comm. "Three and four, you're with me. Only a squint and an eyeball left." His sensors located the eyeball. "Anyone of you got a torpedo?"

"I have a torpedo, Baron," said Black Four.

"Good. I want you to move ahead of that eyeball and when I say so you turn in on him and fire that torp. Understand?"

"Yes," said Four. She began pulling away from him and Three.

"Three, follow me," Kyle said pushing his stick left then pulling it up. He pushed his stick down and then turned it right. The eyeball was just ahead of them. "Three open fire," he said befoer firing his own dual laser barrage.

Why were all the last pilots the good ones? Kyle asked himself. The eyeball pilot was good. But he would be hit by a torp in a few seconds.

"Launch that torp!!" he ordered. Black Four turned on the eyeball and fired that torp. The TIE rolled to port, but the blue projectile tore through the right solar panel into the it's engines, where it exploded.

Before he could say anything, he and Four were strafed by the remaining TIE, a squint. His shields turned from green to yellow, but that was the only damage.

"Three, follow me," Kyle pulled on his stick and pursued. He was right behind it, but the squints superior speed allowed to to break away. "Three, fire a torpedo!"

The blue torpedo streaked to target, but the pulled away. Kyle concetrated his fire to cause the squint back into the torpedo. The torp hit. It went thorough both solar panels before exploding, tearing the left solar panel off.

"Good shot Three," Kyle said. He flew close to the squint and scanned for life. The pilot was still alive. Switching his comm so he could speak directly to Black Lead. "Lead, I have an enemy pilot alive. I think we should capture him, have the folks back home interrogate him."

TAG UQD

20. UlicQuel-Droma

Jun 23, 2002
    Increasing speed again after the shuttle docks with Black 2 and begins extracting him from the fighter, Aeryc looks over the targetting system and MFD.

Great job Black Group, LP5 shields are back online and the StormHammer is sending technical crews to aid with repairs until another New Republic frigate arrives and provides necessary repairs.

Angling his fighter to patrol the surrounding area, Commander Qel-Droma checks his own on board systems and tasks the nav computer for hyperjump back to the Hammer

Ok, we wait for our guys to get a ride and then we jump out with the shuttle. All fighters report in with your status. Get set for with your jump coordinates and we'll fly support until we clear this area.

Dropping out of hyperspace a NR frieghter enters the area, heading for LP5. Transponder checks out

Black 5, stay with your downed Imp fighter until the shuttle rendezvous with it. We'll take him along. Excellent job everyone.

21. SithSpawn69

Apr 24, 2001
    IC:"If I put the green one into socket C-2..." V'Trey was up to his elbows in wires. He just realized that rewiring his cocpit is not something that should be done on the field. He lifted his head and saw Adysa's X-wing trailing him. He initiated power to his com system and prayed for a miracle:".......shhssssss.....Good job" He managed to get the com back online.

"Black 8 reporting. I had to rewire half of my systems, but I think I can manage for now. I got my first kill today!"

TAG ALL

22. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001
    "Copy Lead," Kyle said. He rolled to port and headed to the floating squint. He maintained a defensive position over the TIE.

23. RDG

RDG Jedi Master star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    I thought your name was Kyle Wrath, not Derek Fel.

24. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001
    OOC: LOL, got mixed up.

25. jaya02

May 12, 2002
    Hearing V'Trey voice of the comm frequency, Adysa turned her cockpit light off.

"Eight, follow me. I'll lead you back to the squadron. We're getting ready to jump out of here, so we have to move fast. Do you copy?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.