main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends X-wing: Deception - Completed - Jan 21, 2005

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by InyriForge, Apr 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mipcy

Mipcy Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 29, 2004
    I almost killed this link in my favorites list. I'm glad I didn't.

2. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    FlowerBee, it's called "Evasion" and is an NJO AU fic. It's also what spawned a large part of this demon-child fic. It was meant to be a conclusion to the NJO before there WAS a conclusion to the NJO, and it was also originally supposed to be J/J but it ended up being a rather full blown fic with waaaaaay too many characters to control (And if I thought that was bad, I have even more in this fic). It's on my website in it's entirity. Tycho has a rather small role, but he gets to play a very NJO-ish role, if you catch my drift.

Mpicy (I hope I spelled that right), glad you didn't either. :)

3. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    For those who have been around awhile, it's Tuesday, so you know what that means...

Chapter Nineteen, Post Three

?You seem rather happy,? Cera looked up from her datapad as Kora entered the lounge.

?I?m going home for leave. It?s been awhile since I slept in my own bed, in my own room, and had real food.? She turned a pirouette gleefully.

?Real food?? Cera looked pensive for a moment, ?No, can?t seem to remember what that tastes like. I wonder if we could convince General Antilles to get us a chef.?

?You guys don?t understand,? Hobbie spoke up from where he was fighting with an old arcade game they?d managed to salvage from one of the lower level dive bars, ?What we have is good. We could have Wedge cooking for us.?

?General Antilles can?t cook?? Kora asked, perching herself on the edge of a table.

?There was this incident on Hoth?? Hobbie shuddered. The machine beeped and he looked back at the screen. ?Damn. I don?t think it?s possible to beat this thing.?

?You can beat a flight simulator and you can?t even win a child?s game?? Cera was amused by the situation.

?You try getting that little circle to eat all the dots before the ghosts catch you,? Hobbie muttered.

?Who?s high score? Wes?? Kora took a guess.

?Tycho.?

?Well, he did train at the Imperial flight academy. They teach them to excel at mindless tasks,? Cera remarked, returning to her datapad.

?Hey,? Hobbie glanced over at her, ?I trained at the Imperial flight academy.?

?Oh.? There was a pause. ?Then you really are terrible at that game.?

Kora snickered. She turned back to Cera. ?Did you hear Luke Skywalker was on the Calamari Cruiser that picked us up??

The Rodian shrugged. ?So? I heard he wanted to speak with Mara Jade about how she located Horn. Some sort of Jedi training thing.?

?It?s rather typical behavior for Luke. He?s trying to recruit more students for his academy,? Hobbie supplied. ?Mara?s also an interesting source of study for him, as she was trained by the Emperor. I think she has some abilities that he doesn?t know about and he?s hoping to learn from her, as well.?

Kora shuddered. ?That explains whys she?s so creepy.?

?Where is everyone else? They fly away for some exotic vacations?? Cera scrolled down to the next page of her virtual novel, changing the conversation. She wasn?t about to debate Mara Jade with the younger woman.

?Tycho and Winter are doing baby preparation stuff, Wedge has been being all political with the end of the whole Myn Donos thing, Myn, I?m assuming, is with Lara. Gavin and Corran are spending time with their families, Inyri already left to go home,? Hobbie began counting off on his fingers, ?So she?s on an exotic vacation if you consider Kessel as the place to go for a month, Ooryl?s flying back from Gand as we speak, and Janine has been keeping to herself. Wedge said she?ll probably transfer out of the squadron, since she?s technically one of Cracken?s people and there?s no point in him keeping her with the Rogues. What is she going to be able to report on? We really aren?t that interesting.?

?I got the impression she wants out of Intelligence,? Cera remarked. ?She may just want to get out of the military all together.?

?Have you talked with her?? Hobbie frowned.

?She doesn?t blame you or Gavin for what happened. You came to the right conclusion about her, and she says that what she was doing while reporting to the Imps could have put you two in a lot of danger. If anything, I think she wants to apologize to you.? Cera looked up from the datapad, ?You know I can?t go into details any more than that.?

?You know,? Kora remarked, ?You technically aren?t a therapist or anything.?

Cera shrugged. ?I?m still a friend.?

~

?I don?t know what?s worse, sitting in a cell or watching the spectacle the NR made to try to make themselves look good for this,? Myn remarked as they left the press conference.

Nawara looked over at him. ?There?s a reason I got out, you know.?

Myn no

4. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    Blended, well, I could make a case for some of my OC's having very MS qualities. I've used the MS litmus test. Yeah.... :p Oh well, tis too late now. I shall learn and move on.

You're lucky you never read A Tale of Revenge... :p

I don't have the link for my ffn account with me at the moment, but I'll put it up when I post. :) You actually know the Sil? Sw33t!

Yay! :D I don't know the Sil very well (haven't read it for... well, far too long) [face_blush]. I've been meaning to do a reread, and there's never a better time than the present...

(Or at least, after I've finished American Gods...)

Let me know if you do. Email is in teh profile. :)

I'm afraid it probably won't be for a while yet... There's the Oneshot, the Hypothetical Valin Horn 40ABY AU and the Son of Frankenstein all on the cards too...

But I am easily distracted... :p

As for Corran, well, Blended and I have an evil little theory, but we won't go into that. :p

Mwahahahahaaa! [face_devil] :p

Will check out the Silfic mucho soonly...

Oooh! More! :D

?Real food?? Cera looked pensive for a moment, ?No, can?t seem to remember what that tastes like. I wonder if we could convince General Antilles to get us a chef.?

Get Corran, sole protogé of the almighty Chid to do it! :p

?You try getting that little circle to eat all the dots before the ghosts catch you,? Hobbie muttered.

[faec_laugh]

?You wouldn?t turn her in because you want to protect her. She wanted to turn herself in so she could protect you. Love makes us do very strange things.? Nawara handed him a datapad, shut the briefcase, and began walking again. ?You should read what she has to say.?

:_|

?I was acting under the advice of my attorney, who thought it best I remain silent and not incriminate myself,? Myn replied. ?Come on, let?s go home. We have a lot to talk about.? He put an arm around her, leading her towards the door. ?And there?s that perfect life that we need to plan, too.?

Lara looked up at him, ?What are you implying??

Myn only smiled and keyed for the door to open.

:)

Bless... :p

Not bothering to hide her grin at their frustration, Inyri turned towards the exit. The past few weeks had been nothing short of an emotional roller coaster. Seeing her parents for the first time in years had been much more frightening than going head to head with the enemy in a dogfight. Standing on the doorstep, she had braced herself for the cold reception she deserved. Yet, instead of the angry words she?d expected, her mother had just thrown her arms around her youngest daughter and welcomed her home. Later she?d learned that Wedge had thought it wise to keep her parents informed of what she was up to. She would have to have a talk with him about how her life was her business and he didn?t have the right to be speaking about it with anyone.

And she would have to thank him.

:D Parents are alright occaisionly... :p

Not everyone was like Corran, who forgave her for the sake of her sister.

:( He forgives her for being herself, too...

Not to mention her saving his life by killing her lover...

[face_plain]

?That?s what they told me, then they realized I?m Wes Janson.? He grinned. ?Did you bring me a present??

?They don?t have a large selection of Ewok merchandise in the Kessel gift shop, Wes.? Inyri rolled her eyes.

Yub yub!

?How long did you have to practice that?? Inyri gave him an unimpressed look.

?A couple of hours,? he admitted, ?But it makes me look good when I do it now. Besides, I had all this leave time and nothing to do.?

[face_laugh]

?I figured you?d say that, but a guy can dream.? Wes started the speeder. ?You know, after you get unpacked, maybe you can help me with Wedge?s bachelor party. Hobbie?s requested Ewok strippers??

:eek: [face_sick] [face_laugh]

Ewok strippers...

All tis left is the Epilogue.

:_|

5. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Blended! I'm going backwards through your post to respond! :)

He forgives her for being herself, too...

Not to mention her saving his life by killing her lover

:) I've often wondered if he would have written her off, though, had she been some random girl. There are a couple of instances where Corran and/or Gavin try to help Inyri out and she's none-too-happy about it, but they both keep trying. *shrugs*

Parents are alright occaisionly
    Mine have the rather annoying trait of being right waaay too often. :p But other than that, yeah, I'd agree.

I don't know the Sil very well (haven't read it for... well, far too long) . I've been meaning to do a reread, and there's never a better time than the present...

It's one of those things that you either love or you hate. I have dubbed it "Best Book I've Ever Read" for a number of reasons, the top of the list being that nothing has ever made me think about things as much. I'm still discovering things I didn't pick up every other time I've read it (It's been read so much the cover is about to fall off). To understand the viggie, all you really need to know is the general personalities of Maedhros, Celegorm, and Curufin, and "Of Beren and Luthien." Most of my Sil stuff is a bit darker than my SW stuff (with one exception - a humor fic that was a plot bunny that wouldn't die), just to warn you. I really should revise and put another one up...

ttyl!

~Inyri

6. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Aw, Inyri....(the character)

?That?s what they told me, then they realized I?m Wes Janson.? He grinned. ?Did you bring me a present??

?They don?t have a large selection of Ewok merchandise in the Kessel gift shop, Wes.? Inyri rolled her eyes.

[face_laugh] You, you....

Great post! I look forward to the epilogue. :D

7. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Ok , i do have to say that was brilliant,

Bringing the strippers back in from the beginning of the story....

FANTASTIC!!Wes is such a hoot! A Kessel Key Chain! HA!

oooh can't wait for the Epilogue,

But then i'll be sad!

Wanders off thinking about her homework that she keeps not doing b/c of new ff posts..

8. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! AWESOME RI!

A WES AND INYRI MUSSSSHHHY POST FROM THE ORIGINAL>> THE GREATEST>> THE ONE AND ONLY CREATOR OF W/I MUSSSSHHHHH!>>>>> INYRIFORGE!

great job !

9. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    ?Did you bring me a present??

?You go away for a month, and I don?t even get a present? Not even a key-chain that says ?Welcome to Kessel??? Wes pouted. ?Do you know how long a month is? Do you know how hard it was for me to be monogamous??

?Not very. You would actually need to have someone who was willing to go home with you.?

?I?ll have you know,? Wes crossed his arm, his pout deepening, ?That there are a lot of women who want me.?

?Possibly, but they all change their minds when you can?t remember their names.?

?I only did that once!? He protested.

?That we know of.?

LOL! I've missed that, Inyri/Wes mushiness!

Lovely post Inyri!

*cries* Is it really the end? Really? :_|:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|

Nice ending though, loved it!

Ack, at this time of night, brain not functioning fully.

:Targeter:

10. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    I'm really tired, so I'll respond in full in the morning. Targetter, there are 4 more posts of story-goodness. No worries.

Night all!

~Inyri

11. Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 17, 2004
    ?I figured you?d say that, but a guy can dream.? Wes started the speeder. ?You know, after you get unpacked, maybe you can help me with Wedge?s bachelor party. Hobbie?s requested Ewok strippers??

LOL!!!

That would be disturbing if it wasnt one of many scenario's Ive got waiting for an oprotune time for use.

Glad yer back.

12. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Aaawwwwwww .....

*-thor- melts and is currently unable to make a sensible comment*

13. Myri_Antilles

Myri_Antilles Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    :D :D :D :D

Myn and Lara... Wes and Inyri... :D

14. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Hey guys! I'm finally getting around to responding. What a hectic hectic week. :p :)

Thanks, Flowerbee. I love writing some of the things Wes says. It's so much fun.

Jade, lol. Yeah, the Ewok strippers thing...wow, that idea is really old now (over 2 years and counting - I wrote the scene where Hobbie makes that comment before I had finished Evasion) but I just had to revisit it. I don't think Wes will be able to find any, though. :) Hw? Yeah, put it off. :p

Thanks, Jagsgurl15.

Targetter, *sighs* tis the end of an era for me. I shall finish this monster (finally). I have four more posts that take place approximately 6 months after the last chapter and then it will be over. :(

3MD, what can I say, I'm the queen of evil ideas. I don't think it would be realistic to actually have Ewok strippers, but the remarks Wes makes about them is just funny. Plus I love putting long-running jokes in my fics. ;)

thor, *snickers* I have no idea what could have made you melt. [face_devil]

Glad you liked, Myri.

~Inyri

15. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
  16. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    Well, Wes could always get Kirney to comm Kolot... :p [face_mischief]

17. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    thor, :p [face_devil] btw, did I ever send you that Corran/Lara fic I wrote?

Blended, do you really want to give me ideas? Most of my evilness came from suggestions from readers. Poor Tyria, I never would have targetted her had someone not suggested it.

~Inyri

18. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Nope, you never did. But ... the way you're saying it here ... *gulp* [face_worried]

19. Jedida

Jedida Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    lol... Ewok strippers... whoever let Wes and Hobbie plan a bachelor party was out of their minds :D

This is the end already?! No! There is still much Wes/Inyri mush to be written and ewok pranks to pull! It's not fair to let that all come to an end!

20. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    Inyri: You wrote a Corran/Lara 'fic!? :confused: :eek:

*Adds another to Corran's running tally* :p

Hmmm... that'd be C/L/G/K, wouldn't it? :p

I reader could get the wrong idea... [face_mischief] ;P

Blended, do you really want to give me ideas? Most of my evilness came from suggestions from readers. Poor Tyria, I never would have targetted her had someone not suggested it.

[face_devil]

And was the paricular verb you used in the third sentance a hint,m or just a coincidence? :confused: :p

21. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2002
    Yay, you're finishing this!

22. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    Yay!!!!!!

They were wonderful. I love the underlying hints of Mara/Luke...and the Wes/Inyri...and EVERYTHING!!!

It was great!

YAY!

23. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Chapter Eighteen, Post Four.
    Enjoyed Mara warning Luke off any comments on what he feels is her destiny.

Also enjoyed Corran twitting Wedge over comparing Luke and Mara?s relationship with Wedge and Iella?s.

Chapter Nineteen, Post One.
    Love Han?s convoluted thinking and rewriting of history, not sure if it is un-military in as much as it is breaking or at least bending laws or completely military as it is closing ranks against intelligence-pukes to look after one of their own. :)

Some music for children can be quite catchy, or at least preferable to ?more loud and obnoxious? (at least the fact the music Han put on was more obnoxious proves Anakin didn?t like the Purple Ewok song) so Wedge might deserve some sympathy over Han changing the channel.

Chapter Nineteen, Post Two.
    Wasn?t sure how impressed I was with Cheriss being able to ?classify the different types of New Republic starfighters? as there aren?t that many, but then I realised that probably meant all the different marks, variants, and sub-variants as well. :p

Good for Luke looking for new methods of sword-fighting, makes me wonder how many different influences could end up going into the NJO lightsaber fighting techniques.

Come on Tycho, serve dinner now and get rid of Cheriss?s reason to delay making either call. :)

Poor Merri.

Chapter Nineteen, Post Three.
    Poor Hobbie, can?t beat the game (though it?s his own fault for trying to mock Wedge?s cooking while playing it) and then gets extra ridicule.

Good advice to Myn from Nawara.

Chapter Nineteen, Post Four.
    I wonder if the New Republic has many problems with smuggling by military personnel (or of course by people with faked military IDs). Still the bags are probably scanned before being returned so the answer is probably no. :)

Good plan by Inyri, shout at Wedge for his uninvited inteference and then say thank you. Can?t have Wedge get too cocky.

Fun banter between Wes and Inyri.

24. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Hey guys,

I don't have a lot of time but I wanted you to know that this is going to be a bad week for me. The soonest I could update will be Saturday, because I just dont' have time to edit old stuff right now. I will get to it no later than a week from Tuesday.

~Inyri

25. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    *Hugs*

Shall we start a DRL-bashing squad? :confused: :p [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.