main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends X-wing: Deception - Completed - Jan 21, 2005

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by InyriForge, Apr 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawkbatcanuck

hawkbatcanuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Here I am to review, second day, so sad, but better late than never. I was going to read it at work yesterday, but the powers that control our computer system, installed something new, and I can no longer log into Jedinet at work. Wah! I have to wait till I get home.

Great beginning! There's nothing like jumping right into the action! Although, Wes won't be getting any "action" from his little table dance. Corran may have, or Kell, but Wes will just get applause and cat calls. Perhaps a few coins thrown his way too, although if the strip tease had gone a little farther before Wedge came in, Wes could have sustained serious injuries.

It looks like all our favourite characters will be in the story, to amuse and excite us. Except...where's what's his name, the Devoranian? The one with the lucky charms? His name escapes me for the moment, and I'm too lazy to run downstairs to the basement Star Wars shrine to retrieve my books to check. Is he gone for a reason?

I enjoyed this a lot. You seem to have picked up a few new readers, I'm sure you'll have a legion of them before too long, with writing like this!

Intriguing title by the way, even if I misread it the first time, and thought it said "Decepticons".

2. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    hugs lordmaul for being a sweetheart

[face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush]

coming to read new story so quick

After days and days of giddy anticipation how could I not?

lordmaul13

3. hawkbatcanuck

Oct 24, 2002
    Elassar, I think it is. That's who's missing.

So, of all the Wraiths that were still alive at the time they became Intelligence Wraiths, he's the only one missing. Did his luck run out, and he'll never get a chance to gild his horns again? Now the other Wraiths will have to blame everything that goes wrong on one of the new guys.

4. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    JJQ, you mean "shudder" right? Have you ever read X-wing books 5+? How can you NOT like him?

Hawkbat, thanks! I asked people on my planning thread if I missed anyone. They caught Runt. Guess we all missed Elassar. *hides face* I'm going to go throw him on the list.

lordmaul, :)

~Inyri

5. hawkbatcanuck

Oct 24, 2002
    Don't throw him too hard! His horns might break off, then how will he impress the Devaronian ladies? I hear they judge you by the size of your horns...

6. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Poor Elassar. I've been so mean to him. We'll have to come up with a girl for him.

~Inyri

7. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I'll give you a dollar if you pair Elassar with Shalla. That has hysterical potential. Problem is, I'm not at home and I can't remember if Shalla hooked up with anybody. Or did she hook up with Face? No it was Face and Dia... Nutballs! I'm so dumb.

OMG!!! And while I try to remember, my friend just asked me if there was a difference between Star Wars and Star Trek. OY VEY!

BTW: Hawkbat... My heart goes out to you!!! Sorry to hear bout the 'puter nazis at your workplace.

-b-

8. hawkbatcanuck

Oct 24, 2002
    Thanks, Jedi BMack. Yeah, I've always been able to read and review on my lunch, etc, but the "Powers that Be" have now blocked any sites that have the ability to send messages. Which I guess includes this one. Heaven forbid, some librarians might have been reading and reviewing stories on their breaks!

Shalla can't be with Elassar though. I'm thinking that she's much younger than him. Also, I always kind of fancied Wes with Shalla, although in Inyri's Evasion, his pairing with Inyri Forge is perfect. Maybe Elassar will fall for one of the new Wraiths. Or some other Devaronian, like maybe Kapp Dendo's daughter? She'd likely be in the forces, and she'd be about the right age.

9. Wes-Janson

Wes-Janson Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2002
    sweetie, you're cute, I'll give you that, but let's all keep in mind that Tycho's the one with the successful relationship.

You're damn right I'm cute!!!

And there is a reason I'm single, its because I'm waiting for the right person *looks expectantly at Inyri ;)*

10. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    I'm just posting to see how many Wraith Squadron Patch icons we can string together...

BTW, my FanForce chapter may be having the Rogue and Wraith patches fabricated... Yeah yeah, I know... that's a costuming thing, but PM me if you're interested. I don't know if it gonna fly quite yet... may still be a while... (looking for a good embroidery shop, decent prices, yadda yadda yadda...

-b-

11. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Sorry, Wraith Patches. I'm going to break up the streak and reply to you all. :p

B, to the best of my knowledge, Shalla never got together with anyone. However, there's a large gap of time where we didn't see the characters, so no one really knows. And somehow, I know Hawkbat would kill me if I did that. :)

Hawkbat, I'm thinking that she's much younger than him. You know, you're right. There should be no age difference that great. Maybe I should go over and rewrite the last few chapters of Evasion and fix that mistake... :p In all seriousness, not to worry, I'm not the queen of the strange pairings. That would be TSM and Mandie. And I'll think of something for Elassar. I'm just too tired to think right now. Can I go back to bed?

Wes-Janson, or it could be that you just can't get a date. Most girls probably don't find Ewoks to be a turn on. ;) *sighs and shakes head* And he paraphrases my own work back to me... At least now I have a pretty good feeling you've read my fic. *gives Wes-Janson small kiss on cheek*

B, lucky you. :p I want a Rogue Patch. I also want an Inyri Icon! *stops complaining*

~Inyri

EDIT, I hate spelling!

12. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Love the start Inyri.Yummy, Wes striping..opps sorry!!I forgot he's yours!!!!!!LOL.

nina

13. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Nina, as of right now, he's very much single and up for grabs. I'm glad you liked.

~Inyri

14. hawkbatcanuck

Oct 24, 2002
    I just re-read what I wrote about Shalla, and I phrased it backwards. Shalla would be OLDER than Elassar, not younger. Elassar was fresh out of the academy, if I'm not mistaken, while Shalla had "been around" for awhile.
    I worry about what's been happening to her, in her personal life, all these years. She's sometimes mentioned in fanfic stories, but only as it pertains to missions, or the events that day. No story I've read has anything about her personal life. But maybe I just haven't found the story.

15. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    C'mon guys! Just think about it!

Shalla has a reckles regard for her own safety, hand-to-hand expertise, reckless regard for her own safety, undying loyalty to her squadron, reckless regard for her own safety, a quick wit, reckless regard for her own safety, the ability to think amazingly fast on her feet and reckless regard for her own safety!

Elassar and all his superstitions would be driven nuts by her!! Oh we could have fun with that. And hey, if Inyri won't write it, I may join the ranks of the FanFic-ers... hmmmmm... not sure about that yet.... ;)

-b-

EDIT: in digging around for some info on Shalla I ran across the pilot section at echostation. If any writers here need pilot bio info, check out Downtime, the Pilots Lounge at Echo Station.

16. hawkbatcanuck

Oct 24, 2002
    Well, Jedi_BMack, if you write that fic, I'll read it. But I still kinda like the idea of Wes with Shalla. I like Wes, and I think Shalla can handle him.

I like the idea of Elassar hooking up with Kapp Dendo's daughter. She's a Devaronian too, but with a Commando leader as a dad, Elassar will have to be pretty careful. Plus, she'll know what the gilded horns mean.

17. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Hawkbat, I've seen some Shalla fics. I just don't remember where. :( Maybe you should write us another fan fic, as your first was so enjoyable.

B, so, I guess this is welcome to the ranks of fan fic writers. :)

~Inyri

18. hawkbatcanuck

Oct 24, 2002
    Maybe I will sometime. Not this week. My husband is away on tour out of province this week, and I have made it my priority to spend my time (when not at work) lounging about, catching up on reading, shopping, and all my hobbies.

Now, if the Wraiths are going to be in this story, tell me...since they're now INTELLIGENCE Wraiths, do they get to keep their X-Wings? Would General Cracken let them?

19. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    They did get to keep their X-wings.

They won't be in them for most of this story.

Have fun relaxing a lot. :) I'll read any story you write, for the record.

~Inyri

20. hawkbatcanuck

Oct 24, 2002
    thanks, Inyri.

I was going to go see a movie tonight, but the roads are so icy, that didn't seem to be a wise idea.

Nobody's around here tonight either. There must be something good on tv I don't know about.

21. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    I don't know where everyone is. I've been here, just wrapped up with Word.

~Inyri

22. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    *waves hands*

I'm around! For a little bit.

lordmaul13

23. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    New post either Friday or Saturday. (But not until we're on Page 3).

~Inyri

24. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    c'mon page 3... c'mon, c'mon, c'mon...

-b-

25. hawkbatcanuck

Oct 24, 2002
    I've been doing my part to get you to page 3, with my meatloaf ramblings. No, wait, that was in the Evasion thread!

Here I was rambling about Elassar and Shalla.

So, let me muse about this question...What does the subtitle alude to? A deception by an enemy - a person, ship, or plan? A deception by a Rogue or Wraith, perhaps on a loved one? I wonder!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.