main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends X-wing: Deception - Completed - Jan 21, 2005

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by InyriForge, Apr 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    page 3? page 3?

-b-

EDIT: Ok i wanted to put something constructive in here... I have some new stuff put together about the squadron patch idea... PM me for info...

It's cool folks, it's real cool. HawkBat, you've seen it. Tell em what they'll win!

2. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Hmm ... is Janson´s immaturity infective? Seems that way ;)

3. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    *sighs* Well, I guess now I'll have to write more to this story. :p Thanks guys.

Hawkbat, the title refers to a large number of things that will make a good deal of sense once everything gets underway.

-thor-, I'm afraid I don't understand your comment. :( It may be because it's early and I can't think straight.

B, you have a picture of the patch? Does it look like the real ones?

~Inyri

4. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Well .. giving the "highly motivated" efforts of some to get this thread to page 3 I thought of a child doing everything for candy :p

I wish I could say that of my own thread ... currently it sulks in silence :(

5. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    I got it now. I kept reading that as "ineffective" instead of "infective."

As for Hawkbat, we always chat like that. :p

I'll try to get the next post up tonight.

~Inyri

6. hawkbatcanuck

hawkbatcanuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Inyri, I'm not sure what thor's comment means either...is our behaviour in your thread giving rise to critiscism? Meh! as my son says.

As for Bmack's squadron patches, I think he's done a great job. He's taken the original Rogue patch from a game, and the Wraith patch Aaron Allston himself put on his website, and tweaked the colours a little. (the originals were kind of garrish)

They look not only good, but realistic to me. I'd wear one on my jacket!

7. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Me? Criticizing?? Never ... Trying to make fun of it? Of course ;)

8. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    thor, I didn't see u as cricizing. People on my threads enjoy talking to each other. I have no problem with it.

~Inyri

9. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Good morning!

Yes, I am entirely too perky for this hour!

Also entirely too perky, because I got an estimate on my car back. *covers face with hand* Five grand. I'm ready to die. I'm going to have to turn it into the insurance now, and my insurance payments are going to kill me. I'm going to have to start paying for my own insurance now, and the insurance was already as much as a car payment a month.

*sighs*

Yeah, there goes my perky mood.

~Rogue

10. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Rogue, would you be able to get the car fixed yourself and not have your insurance go up? (I don't know anything about insurance. All my accidents were with mailboxes, stone walls, and garden ornaments).

~Inyri

11. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Good news, I posted on Evasion, which means that I can devote myself to this fic tonight. ;) There will be a post. Eventually.

~Inyri

12. hawkbatcanuck

Oct 24, 2002
    thor, I didn't really think that you were serious. Otherwise, what would you be doing in this thread? We have many strange and wonderful conversations going on Inyri's threads. Of course, we could just say "UP" constantly, but where's the fun in that? It's more enjoyable to be a little wacky.

Rogue - that sucks about your car. Insurance costs go up so much after an accident, it can really break you. There go new clothes, holidays etc, for you, cuz it sounds like all your work money will go for your car. You'll have to stay home, and write more stories for your entertainment. Hey, that's the silver lining in the dark cloud!

Isn't your school closed today, cuz of the snow storm, Inyri?

13. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Hawkbat, I live in PA. It's 50 some degrees today. There is school. I'm giving a test today, so I get to sit at my desk and play at the computer. :p

~Inyri

14. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    i think -thor- was shooting at my immaturity... ;) heavens, i wouldn't know what you're talking about.

maturity? no, no, no... dignity? not hardly... responsibilty? only when i try to impress people... :D besides, "you can't look dignified when you're having fun!"

Inyri and any others interested in the squadron patches: Check this out. Tell me what y'all think.

-b-

15. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Oh, my word, it's hot.

This is the time of year that Eastern Kentucky University students suffer a great deal. It's seventy degrees outside. And the heat is still on. We're still probably ten days from them turning it off, so they know that the air conditioners won't freeze.

Anyway, when do we get more? :D :D :D

~Rogue

16. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    B, checking it out now.

Rogue, I will try to work on a post and have it up before my show comes on tonight.

~Inyri

EDIT - B, in answer to the question you had on your page about whether or not the patch is considered canon, I believe it's described in "X-wing: Rogue Squadron" during the funeral scene.

17. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Speaking of patches ... Here´s a little experiment with Allston´s Wraith Squad Patch .. Just 5 mins with Photoshop.

LINK LINK LINK

18. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    I know they described the crest in the funeral scene. But didn't they also describe a different unit patch in a scene in another book? ?[face_plain]

Here's the quote you talked about:
    "Gavin Darklighter had created the crest and with Zraii's help had linked a digitized image of it into the start-up and communications packages in the squadron. The crest, which featured a twelve-pointed red star with the Alliance crest in blue at the center, had an X-wing at each point of the star. Though the image was not sanctioned by the Alliance, astrotechs had started painting it on the squadron's X-wings and Emtry had requisitioned unit patches that featured the design"
    Here's a pic that matches the description.
    [image=http://www.watsonworld.org/swars/rogue_flat_2.jpg]
    That one does nothing for me, so I used an really bad scan of the West End Games RPG unit patch. I'm trying to find the original somewhere online for "canon" purposes.

I really need to throw this up on the costuming board, don't I? ;)

-b-

19. hawkbatcanuck

Oct 24, 2002
    Rogue, I think I need to visit wherever it is you live!

For the second day in a row, we've had snow/ice pellets. Most cities save money by contracting out to private business at least 50 % or their snow plowing/salting, the contracts all end March 31, so the roads etc are not getting clear very fast.

All schools and public buildings in my area are closed again, but I bet my library will be open tomorrow, cuz I'm the one working!

I spent 20 minutes chipping the ice off my windshield, only to somehow break of the wiper. My husband's out of town till next week, and I'll admit, I can't figure out how to fix the stupid thing.

Enjoy your heat, you could be here.

Of course, that means I'm stuck in the house, and can read stories here, that's not so bad!

20. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    B, cool, so I was right. Yeah, that probably does belong on the Costuming board, but I don't mind. I wasn't sure if I got that part right, so I'm glad you found it. I normally skip that awful awful scene, and I cried the first time I read it so I wasn't too sure.

Hawkbat, If it snows again here, I swear I'll jump out the window. :p

(No, everyone, I am not suicidal. It is a figure of speech).

~Inyri

21. hawkbatcanuck

Oct 24, 2002
    I better look up Pennsylvania on the map. I thought it wasn't far from Ontario, land of the April snow storms. We used to pickup a tv station from, I think, Erie, Pennsylvania? Of course, that was when I was a child, and we had bunny ears on top of the tv. Maybe Pennsylvania extends pretty far south?

Sidebar... that state name seems to take forever to type...do the residents call it something for short?

22. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    PA is the state abreviation.

Ah, Erie. Erie is the northwest most point of PA. I live in South Central PA. The state's not huge, but it's pretty far from me to Erie.

~Inyri

EDIT, In case anyone is asking, "Where is the post?" I laid down on my couch after dinner and I just woke up five minutes ago.

23. hawkbatcanuck

Oct 24, 2002
    Ah, the post dinner nap! One of the finer things in life, which becomes all the more desirable as you get older. Older than about 16, I think.

Now, you'll be all refreshed, ready to polish up your second installment of Deception.

In intrigued to see where this is headed.

24. hawkbatcanuck

Oct 24, 2002
    I'll check in tomorrow for the post, Inyri.

For now, I must go get some sleep, so I'll be ready to get up nice and early, and dig my car out of the snow, for work. Oh, let my wildly beating heart be still! The joy of it is all too much!

25. CptCorranHorn

CptCorranHorn Jedi Master star 5

Oct 16, 2002
    Page 3 yet?

No?

Dang.

And yes, that Wes-Janson is a very handsome man, he's been stealing a bunch of girls from me :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.