main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends X-wing: Deception - Completed - Jan 21, 2005

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by InyriForge, Apr 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    StackpoleTH : Is that tune you were singing, because you hope the ladies are having their party for Iella in tonight's post? I hope it wasn't because you enjoyed Wes stripping!

It's the song I thought Wes would've selected on the music box. :p

EDIT: Oops... [face_blush] Sorry about taking 100.

2. JainaJediQueen

JainaJediQueen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    Happy 100 Inryi! Now can we have a post [face_innocent]

~*~The Queen~*~

3. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    I am so so sorry. I've been such a bad author. DRL has really gotten to me, not to mention DDST taking away my sleep.

Stakky, that's what I thought u meant, and I couldn't care less about 100. Take whatever you want.

~Inyri

4. hawkbatcanuck

hawkbatcanuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Hurray for Daylight Savings Time! Sunshine in the morning, more time for gardening!

Well, there would be, if the temp wasn't -10 celcius, and there wasn't six inches of ice and snow on the ground!

Don't worry about not posting last night Inyri. The schedule is yours, and any pressure you're feeling to post is coming from you yourself.

These last few weeks before your wedding are going to be incredibly hectic, with lots of last minute demands on your time. Don't stress about not posting by the calendar.

We know you've got fun stuff planned for the Rogues and Wraiths. When you're busy, we'll just keep this UP, with meaningless conversation, and idle speculation. Like we usually do.

Now, I'm going to try and deice the locks on my car door. I just came back from a trip to the grocery store with a full cart...and only the drivers door would open! I had to sling all that heavy stuff in past the steering wheel.

Where's my Jag when I need his big strong muscles? He's in Montreal, staying at a nice hotel, getting paid per diems!

Ah, the life of a musician!

5. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Typing a post!

No, really, I swear! I actually am typing a post!

~Inyri

6. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    [lisp] Swearing's naughty ,thats what my mummy says [/lisp] :p

7. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Chapter One, Post Two

?And before we adjourn, I?d like to introduce our three newest pilots.? Tycho turned to the three women seated in the front row. ?Rogue Seven is Flight Officer Cera Terlon.? He nodded at the Rodian.

She smiled and stood to face the rest of the squadron for a moment, then returned to her seat.

?Rogue Eight is Lt. Janine Ral. Ms. Ral is used to flying A-wings, so it may take her some time getting used to how sluggish X-wings are.? Tycho heard the rest of the pilots laugh.

Janine also stood and turned to face the squadron, tossing her long dark hair over her shoulder.

?Nice,? Wes whispered.

Tycho wished Wedge had spent longer lecturing the pilot. He pretended not to have heard Janson and continued. ?And Rogue Twelve will be Flight Officer Kora M?ilae. Ms. M?ilae is the only pilot without combat experience, as she?s come to us from the academy.?

The blond pilot stood, looked at the rest of the squadron quickly, then sat back down.

?All women. Tycho, we love you.? Janson grinned.

?I didn?t choose them. Wedge did. He?s going to be rejoining the unit. He?ll be here once he?s done arguing with the higher ups.? Tycho looked around the group. ?That?s all I have for now. We?ll be simming at 1600 hours. Any questions?? Tycho saw Janson raise his hand. ?Anyone who isn?t Wes? No? I?ll see you then.?

Tycho watched the group split up, then motioned the three new pilots forward. ?You three probably want your rooming assignments. Ms. Ral, you?ll be with Ms. Terlon, and Ms. M?ilae, you?ll be with Lt. Forge. Hang on,? He waved Inyri over.

She sighed and joined the group. ?What??

?Inyri, Kora?s your new roommate. Could you please show her where to go?? Tycho grabbed her arm and leaned over to whisper in her ear, ?And be nice.?

Inyri put on a smile, obviously fake, and motioned for the other pilot to follow her.

?So, Janine,? Wes slid an arm around her, ?Do you need any help moving in??

?You?re the guy who was dancing on the table,? She raised an eyebrow. ?Aren?t you??

?Yup. Sorry they made me stop so soon.? He grinned.

?Me too.? She shot him a flirtatious smile. ?My stuff?s over there.? She pointed at some of the bags by her seat. ?Want to help me??

?This is so pathetic,? Inyri muttered. She looked at Kora. ?Let?s go. You can carry your own bags.?

Tycho sighed. So much for Inyri being nice.

~
    ?Wedge.? The door to his office opened and Iella Wessiri entered a moment later.

?Hey,? He smiled. ?This is a nice surprise.? Wedge stood and walked over to her. He leaned down and kissed her.

Iella returned the kiss, then moved away, kicking the door closed. ?Wedge, I?m not here to just visit.?

He sighed. ?Take a seat. What does Intelligence want me to do this time??

?What makes you think that?s why I?m here??

?Because I?m sure that after our last meeting, General Cracken doesn?t really feel like speaking with me. So, what do your bosses want?? Wedge returned to his desk.

Iella slid into one of the chairs in front of it. ?To borrow some of the Rogues. We want to place some of them in certain roles within the Empire as diplomats and pilots, and others in a few pirate organizations that are working rather closely with the military. Their backgrounds as pilots would be rather useful for this sort of thing.?

?That makes sense, but don?t you already have a squadron of pilots to do this sort of thing? Or is there more to this and you?re leaving part of it out??

?The things I?m leaving out are things I?m not authorized to discuss.? She paused and studied his face, then sighed. ?Wedge, I need to be honest with you. This is more a formality than a request.?

?Cracken already has the paperwork drawn up?? He wasn?t surprised. Nothing surprised him anymore.

?He?ll have them briefed by this time tomorrow.? Iella glanced at the door, then took a datapad from Wedge?s desk. She scrawled a few words on it, then set it back on the desk. ?Let?s not talk abo

8. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Oooooh, sneaky Wedge and Iella! ;) And that doesn't look like good news! :( Looks like bad things are going to be happening, am I right? :p

Jae Angel

9. JainaJediQueen

JainaJediQueen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    Great post Inryi and well worth the wait...

~*~The Queen~*~

10. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    great post, wedge and iella were funny together, and wes was well wes, what more can u say

11. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Thanks, JJQ.

NJ, when has a story of mine ever started out with good news? :p But even though bad things will happen, good things will also happen. Trust me.

forceaddict, I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thanks so much.

~Inyri

12. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    uh oh.....

13. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    JJ00, [face_devil]

~Inyri

14. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    hehe, that conversation with Wedge and Iella was great! lovely sneaky stuff! Inyri sure seems happy to have a roomie, lol! i can't wait to see what happens! :D

15. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    JG, thanks! Yeah, Wedge and Iella can be sneaky. haha. And oh, you haven't seen what Inyri does next. :p I'm glad you liked.

~Inyri

16. hawkbatcanuck

Oct 24, 2002
    Second post, worth the wait.

So, Inyri was short a roommate, and the Rogues are three pilots down....What happened, did Inyri get rid of all her former roommates?

Her new roomie must be thrilled to bits. She'll probably turn out to be like Shalla - an expert in hand to hand combat, able to handle anything Inyri dishes out. With a wit as sharp as Ton's was, to respond to Inyri's wisecracks.

Wedge and Iella - we always knew they'd make a great team...in more ways than one! Does Cracken really think he can outwit Iella? Or Iella and Wedge together? If he does, he's getting too old for that job!

I guess you're going to keep us in suspense for now, as to the identities of the four missing Wraiths.

As for Wes, and his reactions to three new female pilots? Ah, Wes, you never disappoint!

17. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    definately glad I checked back here. Hi, Hawkbat! With Rhysati retiring and Asyr "dying," Inyri really doesn't have anyone left to room with. You're the first person who mentioned the identities of the four Wraiths. I'm glad you liked Wes. How else would he react to 3 new female pilots? :p

~Inyri

18. hawkbatcanuck

Oct 24, 2002
    You know how I feel about Wes! I love him just the way he is!

So, who are the missing Wraiths again? I didn't quite catch the names there...

19. _RogueFire_

_RogueFire_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2003
    This must be my lucky day?I checked to see if this is up and it is!! *Does favourite Ewok dance* :D

As alway Inyri... BRILLIANT!!!

20. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    ooooh...a new postie! i can see why you've chosen the title 'deception'....more soon please?

-JSD

21. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    I wonder which of the Wraiths are Missing and captured. I hope they do a Rebel Stand style prison break: that would be too funny.

22. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    hawkbat, well, if I told you now, you wouldn't have to keep reading.

_RogueFire_, thank you. I appologize for taking almost a week to update this. I'll try to make sure that doesn't happen again.

JSD, :) Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

blended, hmmmm, I wonder too. :p As for a prison break, well, we've got quite a way to go first. Thanks so much for reading!

~Inyri

23. hawkbatcanuck

Oct 24, 2002
    I didn't really think you would tell me which Wraiths, but it never hurts to ask.

I think maybe a couple of Rogues should rescue the Wraiths from an SSD. I'd love to see them have to do the same thing Luke and Mara did, to rescue Talon Karrde.

Just thinking about the jokes Wes would make inside a trash compactor, with a Dianoga circling his feet, makes me smile!

24. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    LOL, hawkbat. I actually already have a prison-break planned, and I'm sorry to disapoint, but it's on the ground.

~Inyri

EDIT, Evasion readers, I managed to get that updated today. I'm just late on everything!

25. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    HOH BOY! I love the new post!

Of course, I love the way you right Janson. reminds me of summer. Don't ask... I was a baaaaaad boy in the summer... :eek:

I'll be real interested in finding out whether any of the new pilots 1) live, 2) hook up with Janson (you go pimp-daddy!) and 3) develop their characters in a completely different direction than their initial impressions.

I definitely agree with HawkBat about Cracken getting old if he thinks he can handle Wedge and Iella... they're too sneaky for words. ;)

You're turning into an even finer wine Inyri...

-b-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.