main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends X-wing: Deception - Completed - Jan 21, 2005

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by InyriForge, Apr 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    B, awwwww, thanks! I'm so glad I checked this quick. I'll be all happy the rest of the day now that I got that wonderful review.

I'm curious. What do you think each pilot's "personality" is from this first little snippet?

~Inyri

2. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    ~Inyri

Intriguing conversation between Wedge and Iella.

~KUDOS~

I never cared for the way Cracken manipulates people.

But then again, I like him better than
    Dif Scaur.

BTW
    On Thursday, I?ll be going to Florida with my kids high school band.

I won?t be back until the 15th.

I live in 'Rogue Island' and it's going to snow 5-9 inches today.

It's been a very long winter.

~Lelila~

3. SWbookworm

SWbookworm Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2003
    This is a great story! I can't wait to read more.

4. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Lelila, thanks so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it. We got snow in PA today, too. Thankfully they didn't cancle school. Have fun on ur trip.

SWbookworm, thanks. I'm glad you liked. I hope you stick around. :)

~Inyri

5. hawkbatcanuck

hawkbatcanuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    BMack, that "pimp daddy" comment is worth of a spit take! But much as I love Wes, I don't think he's cool enough to be a "pimp daddy" with the girls...they all laugh and reject him!

Admiral L - have fun in Florida, you lucky thing! Today, we're having the 3rd snow storm in 4 days, and we've got another 5 inches today. All the schools, etc closed early, and my car slid off the road on my way home (public libraries were close down at 5 pm)

6. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    hawkbat, hmmm, you don't like "pimp daddy"? To be honest, I don't either. I prefer "player," but that's just me. :p We had an ice/sleet/snow storm here. I'm NOT happy. :(

~Inyri

7. Ysanne_Isard

Ysanne_Isard Jedi Master star 5

Oct 27, 2002
    :) Very nice postie, Inyri! I can't wait for more. (Is too in shock to say anything else, read sig for details)

8. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    lol...sneaky wedge and iella...they must have terrors as kids :p probably the youngest in their families (well, probably not, but you know what i mean :p )...

so, is it your goal to always have 100 posts before you update your new fics? ;) j/k (though it DOES seem a little suspicious...) great post inyri :D

~TJF

9. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Thanks, Ysanne.

TJF, no, actually, I just got really bogged down with wedding stuff. I'm glad you liked. (And older siblings can also be very mischeivious). :)

~Inyri

10. pengwin_jibberish

pengwin_jibberish Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2002
    Ahh back from my vacation.
    What a shock! From the 30 degrees and snowing in Utah back to the 90 at home in Cali. I feel the need to go to the beach.

Great story Inyri! I was kinda pathedic, every night while I was gone I wondered how all the fics were coming along.
    Especially yours, I was anxious to see the new story.

Well I gotta stop typing now, you don't realize how much you use your left thumb until you slice it open.

11. Jaina_Fel_06

Jaina_Fel_06 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2002
    Wow, it seems like Wedge and Iella have a system down pat with which to go around those blockheads in authority... :p

Just kidding. But still, you've gotta wonder if they've ever done something like this before... :p

12. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Well, if Wes Janson in his antics aren't enough to get a hottie, I'm S.O.L. ;)

Personally, I prefer Pimp, Pimp-Daddy and Baller to Playah. As a good friend of mine once said. "If you a playah, be prepared to defend yourself. But like the wise ones say, 'It's all the same, but don't hate the playah, hate the game.'"

Yup, big dork here.

Inyri, my character impressions:
    Terlon: looks like she would have gotten along better with your namesake. Maybe passive and calm, yet just waiting to explode and beat the tar out of, say, Janson. Big inference, she didn't get a lot.
    Ral: Ah yes... Janson's next attempt at being smooth. She'll lead him on and put him in his place. Much to Janson's chagrin.
    M'ilaeShy, not adjusting well being fresh out of the Academy. One of two things will happen, she'll start ragging on Janson good-naturedly when he and Hobbie finally get her out of her shell. Or her roommate will rub off on her and she'll want beat the tar out of, say, Janson.

Don't know if you were looking for help with them (doubt it), but that's where I would see it going. For some reason though, I think Janson is screwed. And not in the way he would prefer either. ;)

-b-

13. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Woot! What a post! Sorry it took me so long to reply, I've been lurking the past few days while working on my own posts.

Gotta love Inyri. Why be nice when rudeness gets you so much farther?

~Rogue

14. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    ?You?re the guy who was dancing on the table,? She raised an eyebrow. ?Aren?t you??

?Yup. Sorry they made me stop so soon.? He grinned.

?Me too.? She shot him a flirtatious smile. ?My stuff?s over there.? She pointed at some of the bags by her seat. ?Want to help me??

?This is so pathetic,?

Wes Janson you are a god!

Of pathetic little beings. :p

Must be why I love him so much.

lordmaul13

15. CptCorranHorn

CptCorranHorn Jedi Master star 5

Oct 16, 2002
    good post Inyri

I cant really say anything else right now (look at mine or Ysanne's sig)

16. starkrusher

starkrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2002
    Okay, the Wedge/Iella scene there couldn't have been better. That is totally something they would do, their both smart like that and I wouldn't put it past Iella to defy orders to give Wedge info he should know. I especially love how Wedge asked her if she should be telling her about the flowers and she says no, but its his wedding too. The double meaning there was sooo well thought out. Great job!

~Mandie

17. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I like it so far. :)

18. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    PJ, 90? I feel very envious. It's so cold here, I'm running around in layers (as I packed up a lot of my winter stuff for the move and it's no longer at my disposal). Thanks for reading! I'm glad you like it thus far. I hope ur thumb gets better.

JF06, to my knowledge, they haven't. It just seemed like a very Wedge and Iella thing to do. *shrugs* The system seems to work, though. :p

B, hmmmm, you are aware that women don't like to be called "hotties," right? :p Sorry, the feminist in me couldn't resist. You definately got Janine right (the pretty tease), and you're on the right track about the other two. I'm not planning on letting the new pilots beat the tar out of Janson, but yes, no matter what, Janson is screwed, and definately not the way he'd like. I wasn't really looking for help, but anything you'd like to say to help me is always appreciated. You can do it on the planning thread (link on first page) or you could just drop me a PM. I actually know nothing about writing.

Thanks, Rogue. I do the lurker thing, too. And I still cling to the fact that if you act like a b****, you'll get farther in the world. :)

lordmaul, oh my word, I laugh every time I read your reviews. "Of pathetic little beings" so good!

Thanks, Corran. Ysanne told me what happened. I'm keeping Sha and her family in my prayers.

Mandie, thank you. I'm glad you commented on the double meaning stuff, that was definately what I was trying to do. Wedge and Iella are both smart people, I figured they could pull something like that off. Thanks so much for reading.

Thanks, Stakky!

~Inyri

19. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    Wow, I hadn't thought about the "hottie" angle for a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time. Ever since my last g/f. But I always use hottie in a different sense. If I don't know you, you're not a "hottie." You're an "Excuse me, can I buy you a drink?" (that one never works.) If you and I are really good friends, then you're a "hottie," as in, "Hey Hottie, w'sup?" See also: Boo, Gorgeous (pronounced go-jus,) Beautiful, Sexy, Short Stack, etc...

You now have my Titles of Affection list and can see why I am still single. ;) Also, I am every girl's big brother.... :(

-b-

20. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    B, ahhh, I get it. You talk ghetto. (I'm not sure if that's the proper terminology, but one of my friends talks that way and she calls it ghetto. *shrugs*). I will have to remember all those when I'm reading ur reviews. :)

~Inyri

21. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    I liked the data pad bit.Thats why Iella's in Intelligance and not Wedge (beside the fact that shes a women and so, far smarter.*smirks*)

nina

22. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    I wouldn't say "ghetto," cuz i still say stuff like, "I'm hip" and "Dig it." Maybe it's just a new level of slang. Take everyone colloquialisms and throw them into one big messed up speech pattern... ;)

-b-

23. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Nina, very true. :)

B, good point. I'll take ur definition, then. :)

~Inyri

24. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    I got Evasion updated so I'll try to update this story tonight. :) Watch for a post.

~Inyri

25. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    I laugh every time I read your reviews.

It helps when you have great material to build off of. ;) We are merely dwarfs standing on the shoulders of giants.

lordmaul13

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.