main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends X-wing: Deception - Completed - Jan 21, 2005

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by InyriForge, Apr 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    Chapter One, Post Three

?Tycho, you?re Wedge?s best man, right??

Colonel Tycho Celchu turned away from his X-wing. Wes Janson was standing a few feet away with a very large grin on his face. That only meant one thing, and it was something Tycho didn?t feel like dealing with. ?That?s right.? He turned back to the ship, walking towards the nose as he continued his inspection.

?Well then you know that tradition dictates that you?re in charge of the bachelor party, right?? Janson followed him.

?Yes, I?m aware it?s my job to get Wedge drunk the night before his wedding. Don?t worry.?

?We?re just getting drunk? Tycho, come on. Let me help. I promise it will be good.?

?Don?t let him help, Tycho,? a new voice said.

Tycho turned and saw Hobbie Klivian standing beside Janson, a mournful look on his face. ?And why shouldn?t I? He?s going to do what he wants whether I give him my blessing or not. At least if I let him help, he has to tell me what he?s planning so I can be prepared to deal with it.?

?He?ll probably get stripping Ewoks,? Hobbie said, frowning.

?Hey, not bad. I hadn?t thought of that.? Janson snapped his fingers. ?Something to add to the list.?

?Thanks, Hobbie. You really are helping this situation, you know.? Tycho turned to Janson. ?So what do you want to do??

?Put me in charge of the entertainment. You won?t be sorry.?

?Remember that although Wedge will still technically be single, some of us are married and our wives will not appreciate various females taking off their clothes as they fall all over us.?

Janson grinned, ?This is why I?m still single and very much available.?

?Because you?re crude? You?re right, Janson, that is why you?re still single.? A female pilot joined the group.

Tycho sighed, ?Inyri, please tell me you aren?t part of this.?

The brunette shook her head. ?Don?t worry, I actually have a life. Wedge wants to see you in his office to go over something whenever you?re free.? She turned and left the group, obviously eager to get away from them.

Janson stuck his tongue out at her back.

?Very mature, Wes,? Hobbie commented.

?Thank you.? He grinned.

?Wes?never mind, it won?t do any good.? Tycho waved his hand through the air, dismissing his statement.

?What wouldn?t?? Hobbie asked.

?Reminding him that he?s thirty, not three.? He shrugged. ?It wouldn?t help.?

Janson grinned harder.

?But on the previous topic of conversation,? Tycho stuck the pilot with a look. ?No strippers, Wes.?

?But Tycho??

?No strippers, Wes. Discussion closed.? He looked at Hobbie.

?I am not going to be in charge of him. You know it won?t do any good,? the other man shook his head.

?Just keep an eye on him while I talk to Wedge. Please.?

?We could always have Inyri watch him,? Hobbie suggested.

?Hey!? Janson shot his friend a dirty look.

?Tempting, but no. Having him shot up probably wouldn?t go over too well with Wedge,? Tycho commented. ?So it looks like it?s up to you to keep him out of trouble.?

?That?s impossible, you know.?

Tycho shrugged. ?You?re a Rogue. You?ll think of something.?

~
    ?So, you all moved in??

Kora M?ilae looked up to see a tall, dark haired man standing by the table she was seated at. ?Yeah.? He is so cute!

?Mind if I join you??

She blushed. ?Sure, sit down. I?m Kora.?

?I?m Gavin. Hang on,? He waved over a short man. ?That?s Corran. You mind if he eats with us, too??

?No.? She looked from Gavin to Corran. Were all the men in this squadron hot?

?Hey, kid. Ooryl?s on his way. Where?s Myn?? Corran sat down beside Gavin.

?He said he had plans with the Wraiths,? He shrugged.

Corran nodded, and then he turned to Kora. ?Hi, I?m Corran.?

?Kora.? So, are you both single?

?What do you think so far?? Gavin asked her, taking a bite of his sandwhich.

?About what?? Kora realized he was talking about the squadron. ?Oh, um, everyone seems nice.?

?Inyri?s gi

2. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Oooooooh, lots of fun all around! :D Inyri is going to kick some newbie butt, Myn's got the speeder ( ;) ) and Hobbie's gotta babysit Wes! [face_laugh]

You are awesome with two posts in one day too, Inyri! :) And each one just cracks me up! ;)

Jae Angel

3. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Thanks, NJ. I'm glad you liked it.

~Inyri

4. Jaina_Kyps_Queen

Jaina_Kyps_Queen Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2003
    Excallent post. Of course Wes wants a stripper at Wedge's bachelor party... Poor Kora, she's in for it. Looks like Myn is in for a fun night ;)

*Kyp's Queen*

5. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    YAY! A NEW READER!

Welcome, Kyp's queen. I'm glad you liked what I've done so far. If you were Inyri, wouldn't you want to pound Kora? And yes, Myn's in for a fun 48 hours, well, until he learns what Wedge already knows. Of course Wes wants a stripper at the party. He's Wes.

~Inyri

6. Jaina_Fel_06

Jaina_Fel_06 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2002
    Hmmm... what a great post, so much to say, where do I start... :)

Wes was hilarious!! And so... Wessish!! :p Hiring a stripper for Wedge's bachelor party... *shakes head* And not even normal strippers, but Ewok strippers?? ROTFLOL!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Putting him in charge of anything is always a baaaad idea... ;)

?Because you?re crude? You?re right, Janson, that is why you?re still single.? LOL!!!! [face_laugh]

Inyri.... *clicks tongue* Oh, Inyri, Inyri, Inyri... Same ol' hardheaded gal we all know and love... Your characterization of her as absolutely fantastic, even down to having her keep a blaster by her bed. Which cracks me up, by the way. :p But Kora sounds exactly like the airheaded rich socialite that is precisely what Inyri would despise in a person. Wondering when she meets her fellow pilots if they're single or not? Okay, I'd do the same thing, :p, but that's not the point. (All men in Rogue Squadron are HOT!!! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]) The point is, I don't think Inyri would. It can't be easy sharing a room with her. (And that's just my impression of Kora... If she wasn't meant to be that way, great!)

Hmmmm... sounds to me like Myn and Gara/Lara/Kirney/Kara hooked up after all. Which I love. Myn deserves some happiness in his life after everything that happened. And I'm glad he found it with the aforementioned female. What do people call her, anyway?? I'm always confused by that, since she's definitely not Gara anymore, but she could be Lara, or Kirney, and it's just... confusing. :p

?I have a speeder parked outside.?

?And the night off??
    LOLOLOLOL!!! That's great, Inyri! Hmmm... I wonder what they're going to do with all that spare time... [face_mischief] [face_mischief] 8-}

Wow... this is the longest review I have EVER written. But then, this is one of the best stories I have ever read in my life, whether on the web or off. Lovely, lovely post, Inyri. :)

7. pengwin_jibberish

pengwin_jibberish Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2002
    Hehe, looks like it'll take a while for the newbie to warm up to Inyri.
    I bet if she knew Inyri's sister was killed in her sleep she wouldn't think it was so weird that she keeps a blaster by her bed.

8. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    JF06, girl, you're trying to go for the longest response aren't you? You're right, putting Wes in charge of anything = disaster waiting to happen. I'm so glad you pulled out the line you did, because it was one of my favorites. I'm surprised you found it funny that Inyri kept a blaster by her bed. I hadn't meant it to be funny, but I'm glad you got a kick out of it. I think you see Kora in the same light that Inyri (character) does, as a rich, stuck up, b****. She's actually just very young and very niave, but I'm glad you pointed out what you did because that will be important later. And you're right about Inyri not hanging on every word the male Rogues say. She's definately not that type of girl. ;) I had some requests for Myn/Lara. In answer to your question, Myn probably does call her Lara, as that's how he knows her. She has a variety of aliases to get her on and off Coruscant, as she doesn't want to raise suspician. I'm glad I got to be the recipient of the longest review ever. Thanks so much.

*applauds PJ for getting it* I think if Kora knew Inyri's entire history, she'd be a lot more understanding (as she doesn't even know Inyri's from Kessel at this point, but oh, she will). I'm glad you enjoyed the post!

~Inyri

9. pengwin_jibberish

Jul 3, 2002
    Wow. Applause. I feel so loved.
    That happens a lot, people make judgements on someone being a jerk or something and if they knew their life story they'd be much more lenient.

10. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Very true. And it works both ways. :)

~Inyri

11. pengwin_jibberish

Jul 3, 2002
    *Nods*
    True that.

12. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002
    I don't know why I found that funny. It just struck me as being... well, Inyrish. Now I get it... :)

13. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    JF06, yeah, it does seem like something someone who would come across as tough would do, but PJ was right. Inyri doesn't have it because she's hardened or tough or anything, she has it because she's scared.

~Inyri

14. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002
    Poor Inyri... I feel really sorry for her, but I admire her too. She survived losing her sister whom she obviously loved and managed not to have it ruin her life too badly. She's rapidly becoming one of my favoriter characters... ;)

15. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    She is my fav character (although I'm sure no one would ever guess that). JF06, check out the Inyri Forge Fan Club. :)

~Inyri

16. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002
    I wish I could, but I barely manage to get all my stuff done as it is with me only visiting the fanfic Forum. During the summer, though, I will have time to go everywhere, join all the fan clubs, and WRITE. :) I can't wait!! :D

17. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    We actually aren't at the fan club most of the time. We just stop by from time to time. If you're too busy, it's cool. I just thought I'd throw that out there.

~Inyri

18. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002
    Yeah, school is awful. But, it's almost over!! :D :D

Speaking of which, I have to go now... I'm falling asleep on my keyboard, even though it's not that late... :) G'night!

19. hawkbatcanuck

hawkbatcanuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Wow, two posts in one night, that's a bonus for us.

Shouldn't Wedge have already anticipated what Wes would do, and circumvented him somehow? Wes should have enough experience with Wes to know that he'll want to plan something crude, lewd, and nude! Tycho's smart to pass the Wes-minding, off to Hobbie. If something bad happens, he can blame Hobbie.

Kora has gotten off to a bad start with Inyri! And she seems just a little more interested in the male pilots physiques, than their skills as her squadron mates, too. It will be interesting to see her character develop.

Myn and Lara! How wonderful! I love their strange romance. Two people with painful backgrounds, who've found love and acceptance together. I'm really looking forward to what you're going to write about them.

20. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    ooops, Kora made a big boo-boo...heh, can't wait to hear waht Inyri says! *start chanting fight, fight, fight!* and Hobbie is in charge of Wes? [face_laugh] things are about to get even more interesting! :D looking forward to that next installment!

21. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    Ah yes, the snippet you gave earlier. Ewok strippers. That still cracks me up.

?Inyri?s giving you hell, isn?t she?? Corran asked, hiding a smile.

Kora sighed. ?Yes. How did you know??

?Inyri gives everyone hell,? Gavin explained.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

She turned. ?Oh, uh, hi, Inyri.?

Kora is getting "the look" right now. I knew this girl that would give you "the look". It was, fortunately, rare that I got "the look" but when you did you knew it. It was this evil/angry/I-hate-you glare. Vicious.

lordmaul13

22. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    LOL ... Good read to start the day ...

"Five weeks is too long.

Well I separated them for a whole year - am I cruel or something like that? :D

23. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    She turned. ?Oh, uh, hi, Inyri.?

OUCH! :eek:

This'll be good. :p

And as to Kora's comment... *thinks* -::are all fanfiction females like this?::- :p

24. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    OK... I get it... So you had Gara/Lara/Kirney flying in to Coruscant... WHEW! I'm glad you cleared that up! I thought that was a mail-order hooker for Wedge from Wes...

*drags mind kicking and screaming from the gutter where it spends most of it's time wallowing in self-depravation* ;)

-b-

25. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    hawkbat, I think under normal circumstances, Wedge would have. Unfortunately, his mind is elsewhere at the moment instead of trying to stop whatever Wes has planned next. :) Kora has gotten off to a bad start with Inyri, but as for the comments about Gavin and Corran, keep in mind that she is still a kid. As this is her first assignment, she's never seen what happens to people in a war. And yes, I believe you were one of the people who requested Myn/Lara. :)

JG, Kora's made a lot of boo boos thus far. But no worries. Thanks for reading!

lordmaul, "the look" is almost always reserved for mean males. :p Although has anyone ever noticed that this might be because only women give "the look"? I'm glad you liked it.

thor, yes, you are cruel. You were very cruel to poor Myn. Start the day? Hmmm, you must live on the other side of the world. I'm glad you enjoyed!

Stakky, No, all fan fiction females aren't like this. :p As I told hawkbat, Kora's still pretty much a kid. She doesn't know what war is really like (probably has a very glamorous view of it) and her priorities are very much those of a young girl. Unfortunately, that will probably change by the end of the story. Hmmm, why does everyone assume Inyri will kill her? Right, stupid question. Thanks for reading!

B, ROTFLMAO LOL LOL LOL LOL. Well, that just started my morning off great! Yes, back to the gutter with that mind! Thank you for reading.

~Inyri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.