main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive X-Wing: Episode I...Rogue Squadron

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by RogueAce7, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueAce7

RogueAce7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2004
    Of course...three flight isn't three flight without Corran leading and Ooryl by his side.

2. Uber-Ed

Uber-Ed Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    I guess I could take two flight.

3. RogueAce7

Aug 29, 2004
    Yes, Bror will have two flight. I will have one flight, of course. Hmm...Gavin, you will be my wingman. Its no offense against you, but a 16 year old can't lead a flight, you know? Like you said in your character sheet...he has to be watched over.

4. Rogue9-Horn

Rogue9-Horn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Great!

When can we start?:D

~Rogue~

5. commander_jofus_claw

commander_jofus_claw Jedi Master star 2

Apr 19, 2004
    OOC: That makes sense RougeAce. I'll be fine with that. Good thinking. Ready to go.

6. RogueAce7

Aug 29, 2004
    I'm thinking Sunday...I'll make an introductory post, and then p.m. each of you letting you know where you need to go. You just get there, I don't care how you do it. We'll start out like we're still eliminating candidates from our roster. You all will pretty much be doing sim runs, but treat them like the real thing.

I will let you know.

7. Rogue9-Horn

Aug 3, 2004
    cool

~Rogue~

8. RogueAce7

Aug 29, 2004
    OK fellas...we start tomorrow. One quick question, however: Have all of you read the X-Wing books? If you have, this should be a breeze.

For each mission, I will p.m. each of you with certain criteria that I won't go over in detail with the briefing I'll actually post. It will be something like this:

Objective: (The objective goes here...isn't that smart?)

Characters: (Characters you'll have to work with you to achieve the objective.)

Means: (Means of accomplishing an objective...I will usually make it up to you all, just to give us some more freedom, but there will be sometimes we have to follow the novels almost precisely.)

Sound good, folks?

9. commander_jofus_claw

Apr 19, 2004
    Sounds good. I won't be able to post until later in the evening tomorrow. Sorry for any inconveniences.

10. RogueAce7

Aug 29, 2004
    No problem, bud. Have you read the novels?

11. commander_jofus_claw

Apr 19, 2004
    Every single one, five times each. I read alot.

12. RogueAce7

Aug 29, 2004
    Awesome. So you're one person I won't have to go too in detail with, you know what's goin' on. Sweet.

13. Rogue9-Horn

Aug 3, 2004
    don't gotta worry about me, i've read em' each like 7 times.

~Rogue~

14. Uber-Ed

Mar 10, 2005
    Heh, I just finished Solo Command...but I'm sure it won't be that difficult to pick up.

15. RogueAce7

Aug 29, 2004
    Alrighty fellas, sounds good. Looks like we all know what's going on, the pilot lingo, and all that good stuff. I'm starting on the introductory post right now...it'll be up shortly.

16. RogueAce7

Aug 29, 2004
    IC: Commander Wedge Antilles

Commander Wedge Antilles sighed as he looked over the standing unit roster for the newly formed Rogue Squadron. Half of these people were chosen for political reasons...they're all good pilots, but a few just aren't ready yet. I need to speak to General Salm about this.

A knock came at Wedge's door. "Come."

The Commander smiled as his old friend, Wes Janson, strode into his office. "Wes! How are you doing, old buddy?"

"Jaunty as always, Wedge. I just wanted to say that Hobbie and I really did want to come back...but you know that old fool Salm. He wouldn't let us."

Wedge stood and patted his friend on the back. "Don't worry about it, Wes. You two will do a fine job of getting those other new squadrons together."

Wes smiled. "Of course we will. We were always better pilots than you, that's why we were picked for the job!"

Wedge chuckled. "Only in your dreams, pal. Where is Hobbie, anyway?"

"Oh, he's working with one of our squadrons--Talon Squadron. It's our best one, all good pilots."

"Good to hear." Wedge sighed. "Well Wes...As much as I would like to stay and talk, I have a lot of work to do here. Although, you can hang around and show some of the youngsters how to fly--I have a group getting ready to run the Redemption Scenario now."

Wes whistled. "The Redemption run? Already? And here I thought you were an understanding officer all these years..."

"You should know better, Wes. Actually, I think they might pull it off. The leader of the Rebel flight in the run is a fellow Corellian named Corran Horn. Used to be in CorSec. A natural pilot, and a good leader."

Wes laughed. "As much as I'd like to show the boys how to fly, I have to go--Hobbie's probably running in circles right about now dealing with those kids."

"Wes, you ARE kids."

Janson's expression became one of betrayal. "Well then. I guess I'm not needed here anymore." He turned his head. "I shall talk to you later then, Commander."

Wedge laughed. "Oh, shut it Wes."

"Oh, I can't! You don't like me anymore. I'm going to leave now." With a chuckle, Wes turned and strode from the room. That man is going to be twelve years old for the rest of his life.

Wedge looked back at his datapad. Let's see how Horn does against Jace and Tycho in this run...he'll have to be on top of things here. He frowned. Tycho is another reason I have to speak with Salm...

Tag: Corran, Bror.

OOC: Objective sheets on the way to you both.

17. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    could i still join. i'd be wes janson if he was available but as things stand i'll be celchu

18. RogueAce7

Aug 29, 2004
    That's fine, Trimaj. Uber-Ed, you will still control Tycho for the Redemption Scenario. After that, he's yours, Trimaj.

Thanks!

19. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    ~Name: Tycho Celchu

~~Age: 29

~~~Species/Gender: Human/Male

~~Homeworld: Alderaan

~Appearance: Brown hair, blue eyes, revently grew a gotee

~~Affiliation: Rogue Squadron captain, New Republic

~~~Quirks: makes quips at times

~~Things I would hate about you: can be to serious

~Habits: Being alone, playing cards with his wingmates

~~Weapons: Sniper Rifle

~~~Military History: Captain Tycho Celchu is a superior pilot that graduated from the Imperial Naval Academy and served as a TIE Fighter pilot.

~~Bio: After his homeworld of Alderaan was coldheartly destroyed by the first Death Star and Grand Moff Tarkin he switched sides over too the Rebel Alliance. This brown-haired, blue-eyed pilot quickly became a member the X-Wing Rogue Squadron, and he participated in both the evacuation of Hoth and at the Battle of Endor. At Endor his X-Wing was out of commision so he flew an A-Wing, which was the one that lured the Imperial away from Wedge Antilles and Lando Calrissian as they made the run to destroy the second Death Star. Later on he fought heroically at Bakura and he later volunteered to fly a captured TIE Fighter on a covert mission to the Imperial Center on Coruscant. He was then captured on this run and sent to the prison ship Lusankya. Then after he escaped from the Lusankya he rejoined Rogue Squadron even though there were many who did not trust him, but his friend Antilles persevered untill Celchu was named the squadron's Executive Officer in charge of training new recruits. Due to the fact that the Rogue's mission on Courscant had been compromised at least once, the members new there was an Imperial spy in their midst. The pilot Corron Horn suspected Captain Tycho Celchu, and shortly after his confrontation his Z-95 Headhunter was disabled and crashed. Captain Celchu was then charged with treason and the murder of Corran Horn, but durring his trial, when things appeared hopeless for Celchu, Horn reappeared with information that not only acquitted Celchu, but also restored trust in the Captain.

20. Rogue9-Horn

Aug 3, 2004
    IC:Green Flight//
    Corran Horn sighed as he flipped the switch, activating the engine's on his x-wing simulator, the screen outside showed a blank starfield. "Call it by the numbers" flipping the switch to put his x-wing into attack positions he listened to the rest of his squad call in. "Ok guys, here's the deal....we're gonna do this a bit differently than the book says, 3,4, hang back with torp locks, shoot the shuttle you're targeting telemetry, I think they have one working laser cannon. Two and I will run the gauntlet" He looked at his insturments and sighed, here they comes, looks like the first wave is dupes, then a wave of squints" He oriented towards the first wave "Let's make it count green flight"

TAG: whomever

~Rogue~

21. SWNE_Des

SWNE_Des Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2002
    OOC I like to play Agent Loor

22. RogueAce7

Aug 29, 2004
    OOC: Your post, Uber-Ed

23. tyratoku

tyratoku Jedi Knight star 1

May 10, 2005
    GM Approved

~Name:General Horton Salm
    ~~Age: 40s
    ~~~Species/Gender: Human Male
    ~~Homeworld: Norval II
    ~Appearance:[image=http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/6/62/Salm.jpg]
    ~~Affiliation: Alliance
    ~~~Quirks: None
    ~~Things I would hate about you: Doesn't like Commander Antilles that much.
    ~Habits: None
    ~~Weapons: Standard issue blaster, holdout blaster pistol
    ~~~Military History: A former pilot, who was part of the army that went to endor and beat teh second Death Star, now a new republic general
    ~~Bio: Salm was a Y-Wing pilot in the Battle of Endor. He was forty years old at the time, and was leader of Aggressor squadron.
    He is in the cockpit of his Y-Wing during the battle for the second Death Star. He survives the battle, and is eventually promoted to the rank of general.
    Horton Salm is in charge of Defender Squadron, though not as a pilot. Salm is far too old to fly in combat; even before the battle of Endor he was balding and into his forties. Salm knew that the battle of Endor would be his last, and succeeded in convincing the Rebel leadership to let him fly. Salm repeatedly runs into the members of Rogue Squadron, and he does not get along very well with X-Wing pilot Wedge Antilles, the squadron's leader.

24. Uber-Ed

Mar 10, 2005
    OOC: I can't participate guys. Some things have come up. Sorry.

:(

25. RogueAce7

Aug 29, 2004
    Its alright, Uber-Ed.

Okay, so Bror Jace and the rest of Two Flight are open. I'll take them if I have to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.