X-Wing/Jedi Tale

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Wormy, Feb 21, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wormy Jedi Knight

star 1
    Heya all! I figured everyone (including myself) was paying too much attention to alla this Episode 1 stuff.. Not that it doesn't rock, but I decided ot post a story I came up with over the Summer. I hope it's OK, cuz I think my writing has improved since then, but I'll give it a whirl, and I'd really like any comments u guys can give! MTFBWU!

On the hot, humid planet of Yavin 4, in a Massasi Temple, disused and abandoned, he made his academy. Used for a time as a Rebel base, he found a home, not knowing that dark spirits lurked therein. At a time of a kind of "peace", he taught all he'd learnt of his trade from the limited amount of time he had with the masters. Even to that day, the day like any other, he didn't know where he was going. He doubted he ever would.

At sunrise, as every day, he sat on the roof of his temple, and meditated. His brown robes fluttered around him, his short sandy hair flitting against his ears. His ice blue eyes closed in concentration as he floated a few feet in the air. A door slammed behind him, and his greatest student rushed through. She gathered herself, and sat beside him, closing her blue-green eyes as her long rusty hair flowed around her, uncontrolled.

"You're late." He told her, not opening his eyes, sensing some unrest in her shining emerald aura.

"Sorry, slept in." She answered, not losing her concentration, her voice hollow, as the strain of trying to concentrate and hide her worry from him increased.

He didn't answer, but stayed seated a few minutes more, then hurriedly jumped up, and flung himself off the temple, beginning the traditional physical part of their morning training. She flew after him, calling a vine to her with her Force powers. It took merely a thought and a glance, and she grabbed onto it. It took her a short distance, to the cover of the trees around the temple. She landed squarely on a branch, spotting the man a while ahead of her. Using pure acrobatic skill, she balanced on the slimy, slippery branch, and sped after him.

Slipping, she caught herself, and jumped to the ground to run there. Frightening a few of the creatures that were just getting up, or returning from the evening's hunt, she rushed to her goal. There lay victory -- or defeat -- and a break from the heat.

Flowers, sweat and animal scents entered her nose, tickling it. Sweat also beaded her face and body, not evaporating in the humid jungle. She felt dragged down, especially by the lack of sleep she had had, due to nightmares. She pushed these thoughts from her mind and concentrated on getting to the river. Greens and browns flashed through her sight, blurry as she added a dash of speed using her Force abilities. As she came to the clearing before the river, a dark form flew from the canopy, twisting and turning in a graceful dive into the warm bath-like river. She jumped in after it, and the warm water surrounded her. She popped up for air, the man already floating on the surface, a content look on his face. She wiped her thick, curly hair out of her eyes with a slight grin.

"You cheated." She declared, splashing him a bit.

"If you're late, you have to deal with it. You shouldn't have left meditation to try and beat me. Especially when you have no chance of accomplishing victory." He retorted, and threw a hand up to block his face as she splashed him a few more times, then he added, "Guess this means you're buying."

She gave him a quizzical look, as he swam for shore. She followed him, and took his outstretched hand to help herself out of the river. Her wet, bare feet sinking into the mud at the river's edge. He lead her slowly through the undergrowth, back to the temple, and home, in silence.
  2. Wattowatta Force Ghost

star 4
    Pretty sweet, it would help if you told us who the characters are.
  3. Jedi Speewwy Force Ghost

star 5
    Ooo wow! I really like all the descriptions. I can see it all happening. This rocks!
  4. Wormy Jedi Knight

star 1
    Heya! Thanx for replying, all.. and I'm glad u like it, so far.... I hope thgis next post confuzzles u even more! *l* I have another fanfic going in here somewhere that may clear upsome confusion later on, but I do say may... Anyhoo, hope u like it! :p

They walked into the ancient temple through the too-modern double doors. The cool, dry air hit them, a deep contrast from the humid, hot atmosphere outside. His still wet booted feet clicked on the stone floor of the temple, her bare feet padded softly, also still wet from their morning dip. The water hadn't evaporated off them, and the cool air inside made her shiver a bit, in her sleeveless white shirt and long, loose fitting brown pants.

"Go get changed." He told her, "Then meet me in my office, I need to speak with you."

She nodded, and left him without a word, silently slipping off to change. He watched after her a bit, and then walked off himself to get out of his soaked brown robes.

"So." She deduced from his reading, "They want us to spy for them."

"Basically, yeah." He answered.

"Dammit, Luke! I didn't do this so I could spy more! That's not why I became a Jedi."

Luke Skywalker shook his head at the young woman, "Temper, temper, Nomi. We must help people who need our help."

She shook her long rusty tresses. "I know, Luke. It's just... I thought we'd be helping someone who needed our help. Not the New Republic. They have spies enough." She sighed a bit and bit her thumb nail, perusing the document a bit more.

"Well," He said, with a shrug, "you were wrong. As usual." He added with a wry grin.

Nomi faked shot at his shoulder and smiled, "Fine. I'll pack."

"Good. Meet you in a while."

Nomi left the office, muttering. Luke watched her go, shaking his head. She needs to control her temper... but I feel her father in her. She's strong, she just needs guidance. He sighed, and hoped she wouldn't be just like her father. He raised his eyes skywards. Where are you, Obi-Wan? Right when I need you... He stared at the door. When she needs you the most. He got up, pushing the chair under his large wood desk, and went to pack, himself.

He found her a while later, outside, bidding farewell to her fellow students. The last hug went to her mother, standing nearby. She spotted Luke, and trotted over to him.

"OK, let's go." He told her.

"Wait, Luke." She said, glancing at the group of students, now beginning a meditating exercise. "How come you're taking me? I'm not the longest trained or even the strongest Jedi here." She paused a minute to think, dropping her duffel on the sift grassy ground. "I mean, why not take Jaina or Jacen or even Tionne?"
    "Simple. I don't trust you here alone with the kids." He informed her, taking her hands. "Plus, this job'll need a lot of knowledge of politics and the way Imperial bases work. No one else has that much knowledge, even the twins."

"Oh." She murmured, staring at the students, now lifting various objects using their training. She knew more about Imperial bases than she would admit to anyone... Especially him.

"And," he added in a whisper, "you have a great body. That'll deter anyone from whatever they were supposed to be thinking about."

She frowned at him, and started walking over to her X-Wing. Better ask him, now. You may not get another chance.

"Luke?" She asked, her voice cracking a bit. He turned to her, and she went on. "Could I ask you something?"

He frowned a bit, but said, "Of course. What's the matter?"

"It's just... I wanted to know..." She plopped on the ground, with a huff.
    Glancing around a bit at all of the students going about their training, he settled himself down beside her on the soft, mossy ground. "How come you never talk about your father? I mean, I know you don't know a lot about him or anything but... You haven't even told me his name." She blurted.

"Where'd you come up with that?" He asked, only a flash in his eyes betraying his calm composure. He slumped over a tad, leaning his arms on his upraised knees and frowning at the ground. "His name," He began q
  5. Nomi Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    The story is very good.... I hope to find out more about this Nomi person
  6. Tionne Jedi Padawan

*L* Now I understand why u wanted me to send you the files.. I hope it works out! I like this story and never saw the end of it!!
  7. Droideka21 Jedi Padawan

Great story! Keep up the great writing!

And dontcha just luv the new icons?!
  8. Wormy Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks alla ya'll! I know i need more about Nomi, but I have a TON of back stories I just haven't posted, I'll try and included tedious background stuff later on, OK? For now, this is the next part.. DEAL! Oh, and, enojy!

Wedge Antilles sighed, as he sat down for the first time in days. No, not days. It just feels like days, but it couldn't have been more than a couplea hours.

He had been in a briefing for that whole time, trying to figure out the best ways to attack a large merchant's store of spice. His only good news all day had been that his old friend, Luke Skywalker, was going to come and help out. He ran his hand quickly through the mess of black hair on his head, attempting to bring it to some kind of order.

Bases are too well hidden, we can't touch them. We know where they could be, where we know they're storing the spice, but they're hidden under false names. They're legal, so far as papers and all. Papers're false, though, we saw right through 'em. But, we can't attack, without a valid warrant. I hate politics...

He sifted through more files, falling deeper and deeper into the lies, the cover-ups. Reading too much of this stuff'll take years off your life. Make your eyes bleed, eventually, if you read so much utter ****!!!

At that moment, his comm beeped. He jumped a bit, at the sudden noise, then tried to ignore it, but at last he took out the small cylinder and pressed the small red "speak" button.

"Commander Antilles here." He stated gruffly, rubbing his temples with his fee hand.

"Sir," A voice began, Wedge knew it as one of the comm operators in the hangar, Davra, that was her name, "Skywalker's ship is due in at any minute."

"Ah, OK. Thanks. I'll be there as soon as I can. Antilles out."

He took another moment to sit back in his chair a moment, and finger the small ring hanging around his neck by a thin silver chain. It'll be nice to see Luke again, and to have his help. He remembered the last time he had seen Luke... and Nomi.
    Man, I miss her. I can't wait until the next supply ship goes to Yavin. Maybe I could get in on that and see her... His gaze drifted off as he held the ring tightly in his fist. Glancing at his wrist chronometer, he realized his minutes were up, and kissed the ring. He tucked it once again safely under his flight suit and got up. Time again for the old song and dance. He thought with a sigh.

By the time Wedge reached the flight deck, Skywalker had already landed, and was climbing down the ladder to the floor of the deck. A crew was already taking his droid, R2-D2 out of the droid port of Luke's X-Wing. Luke shouldered the duffel that he took from his storage compartment and smiled as he saw Wedge walking up.

"Wedge! Good ta see ya, buddy." He exclaimed, grinning.

"Ditto, Luke. Thanks a lot for coming." Wedge told him, extending a hand which Luke shook heartily. "I know you'll be a ton of help."

"Correction, Ace. We'll be a lot of help." A soft voice said behind him.

Wedge spun around to see a medium-height woman standing, with her duffel shouldered and the other hand on her left hip. She wore a white tank top and loose fitting deep green pants. Her long rusty hair hung down her back loose and her blue-green eyes sparkled with joy. A small smile played across her lips, but it was evident she was trying to keep it under control. Wedge heard Luke chuckle, and realized his mouth was hanging open.
    "Nomi!" He shouted, ecstatic, staring into her beautiful eyes. "I didn't know you were coming, too!" A smile crept across his face with every moment he stared at the woman in disbelief.

"Neither did I." She told him, shooting a look at Luke, who gave her a wry smile.
    Wedge shook his head and said, "Well, we have more of a chance, now, with two Jedi on our side."

A man in a deck uniform came to lead Luke and Nomi to their quarters, and Wedge bid them good-bye. They made plans to meet in a couple of hours in the mess hall, after they had slept and rested.

Once again, an hour or so later, who was counting, Wedge sat in his office on Home One,
  9. Wormy Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey! Sorry, once again, that this took so long! Also, I'm goign away for a week, so this'll be th last thing for a while... Is there anyone out there who'd like to work with it on me? If so, email me! Until then, BYE!! tongue.gif

Luke Skywalker sat in the back of the briefing room, alone. The briefing had not yet started, but he had wanted to be early to speak to Nomi. She wasn't here, yet. He sighed, and ruffled his sandy blonde hair. Where could she be?

At that moment, the door whooshed open, and Nomi crept through, her long aqua cloak trailing on the floor behind her. She smiled at him, and quietly slipped into the seat beside him.

"Sorry." She whispered.

"Why are you late?" He asked her, also in hushed tones. He didn't add again?.

"Training. I got caught up in trying to program something into the ship's computer."

"Oh..."

"It's up, now." She added perkily, running a hand through her long rusty hair, "Shall we train after the meeting? That is, if there isn't anything we're needed in."

"Of course." He told her with a small smile. She returned it, and put a silent finger to her full, soft lips. The briefing was beginning.

General Cracken stepped onto the podium and told all of those assembled the basis of the operation. The stadium-like room was dotted with various support personnel, spies, pilots of miscellaneous squadrons and the two Jedi. The room was hardly full, with the few people, giving the entire atmosphere a clear, open feeling, even though the task was the complete opposite of that. They were all after an underground drug smuggling ring. Nomi sighed, and Luke looked at her in rebuke. She stared ahead, not meeting his gaze.

Face Loran stood and told the group what the Wraith squadron was going to do in the near future... he also directed the spies what to do and whom to go with. His handsome features wrinkled with a slight smile before he stepped off the podium. He would have been an Adonis, with clear blue eyes and dark hair, but a large pink scar marred his perfect features, running from one side of his right cheek to his chin. Wedge had told Nomi that he had been an actor when the Empire had been in power, and she didn't doubt it one bit.
    Finally, Wedge Antilles rose, and began to explain what the squadrons would do in the course of this raid, and which ones would support what groups... And who would stay home.

Moans came from those who would stay and train, and even more moans came from those who would go and give air support to the spies if needs be. Only Corran Horn and one or two others remained silent either way, crossing their arms and looking blankly at wedge, standing uncomfortably on the upraised stage.

"Man, I hate baby-sitting these guys!" One pilot shouted, and the spies retorted, some standing and offering a fight. All in good fun, it seemed, but one never knew with pilots.

Nomi giggled at the back and glanced to Luke, who shook his head.

Man, Luke, you never let me have any fun. I could tear them apart, and no one'd fight. She told him in thought-speech.

No, Nomi. Our powers are not the only way. They will settle down. He thought back, sighing inwardly at her eagerness to use her powers. She will only be a true Jedi when she knows that there are other ways.

Nomi tsked and Wedge and the others looked to the back of the auditorium, to see who was laughing. The arguing group sat down, silent and Wedge grinned a bit, sort of lopsidedly. Nomi smiled broadly inwardly.

"Ah, yes. As for our two Jedi... I think that these guys will need some help," He said, gesturing to the Wraiths, "if one of you wouldn't mind."

"That's what we're here for." Luke told them.
    Wedge glanced to Face, who nodded and said, "We'll need all the help we can get."

"OK, then." Wedge concluded, "Those two will discuss who will go, and I'll notify all those in command as soon as a decision is made. Any further questions? Good. Dismissed."

The groups filed out in clumps, everyone rushing to get out. Nomi and Luke stayed seated, discussing the predicament, watching them as they walke
  10. Rum_Smuggler Jedi Knight

star 1
    Would you like to see a bearded Obi Wan in the next movies?
  11. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    Haven't really thought about it. I don't mind, really.
  12. Mace Windy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Why not?

Mace Windy,
    now windier than ever!
  13. Red Fox Jedi Knight

star 1
    Definately not. Obi Wan looks good now, and he doesn't need a beard.
  14. klingklang Force Ghost

star 5
    Since Obi-Wan is going to end up with a beard eventually, then sure...Ewan would look good with a trimmed one like Sir Alec had.
  15. The Cooler King Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm sure it'll grow on me.
  16. Mace Windy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Was that supposed to be funny Cooler??

Mace Windy,
    now windier than ever!
  17. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I think Obi-Wan could use a beard... might make him look a little older, and give the casual viewer a sense of how much time has passed between TPM and E2.
  18. Bob The Jawa Jedi Knight

star 2
    http://fan.starwars.com/ladyjedi/files/JAWAgif.gif
    I couldn't care less about his facial hair.
  19. Thalia Starlighter Jedi Knight

star 1
    I have an EPII wallpaper I found on the net and Obi-Wan has a beard. Very handsome. I like it! His hair is kept short too. I like that also. Very handsome.
  20. Kafer Jedi Knight

star 2
    Here's my position on to beard Obi-Wan or not.

http://ewanspotting.com/multimedia/gallery/dazed2.jpg
  21. Kafer Jedi Knight

star 2
    Or perhaps this one would sway you.

http://ewanspotting.com/multimedia/gallery/timeout2.jpg
  22. Tainea Jinn-Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 1
    Okay KAFER we can talk about these two pictures!
    I was always sure that I don´t want Ewan with a beard in Episode II, but know maybe it wouldn´t be a bad idea.........
  23. The Gatherer Jedi Youngling

star 6
    I think that in Ep 2 Obi Wan should have a goatee beard and moustache and in Ep 3 have a full beard - it would be a good progression.
  24. okie Jedi Padawan

I think he might look good with 1 if it wasn't red!
    Nar, Not realy
    I think Obi-wan looks cute as Obi-wan -the beard!
  25. BethAnne Jedi Padawan

Well after seeing that first picture...heck yeah!

A fan of red heads everywhere,
    Beth
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.