main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Hey Fanficers! In fixing the prefixes something happened and now you can't edit titles. Don't panic! We're looking into what happened and trying to fix it.

X-Wing/Jedi Tale

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Wormy, Feb 21, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiWanJane

ObiWanJane Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 1999
    I'm not a big fan of the beard. NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

cool.gif

2. No blasters!

No blasters! Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2000
    The beard is fine.

Just no more pics with white undies drawn up!

Edited for spelling error.

[This message has been edited by No blasters! (edited 04-11-2000).]

3. The Obi-Wan and Only

The Obi-Wan and Only Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

4. schroodle

schroodle Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 2, 2000
    NO WAY!!! WE WANT EWAN'S CLEFT CHIN!!!!!

5. Obi-Ewan

Obi-Ewan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 24, 2000
    Bottom line: Alec Guinness had a beard. So Ewan's chances of getting through this trilogy clean-shaven are close to nill. Whether or not you think he looks cuter without the beard is immaterial; continuity with Guinness must be maintained.

6. Darth Kenobi

Darth Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2000
    I'm not a big fan of the beard either. I think that the continuity of the series will be kept, and that Obi-Wan will eventually have a beard, however that doesn't mean it will happen in Ep2.

And, though not likely, it would be concievable for Obi-Wan's beard to grow sometime during his hermit years on Tatooine.

Darth Kenobi
    Leader of the grey side

[This message has been edited by Darth Kenobi (edited 04-17-2000).]

7. Silver Saber

Silver Saber Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 16, 2000
    Although Ewan does look hot with a beard, I think that he should remain clean shaven (cause he looks hotter that way) for Ep 2, and then a small beard for Ep 3.

8. Rum_Smuggler

Rum_Smuggler Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2000
    He will have a beard sometime in the next movies. Ten years will have past and he will be in his 30s. He cannot look young forever and his predescessor Sir Alec Guinness had a beard in the originals. So just wait and see the obviousness of the truth.

9. Vulpix

Vulpix Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2000
    He looks cute both ways,but I think he looks better without the beard.

10. Croaten

Croaten Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2000
    The beard helps to distingush Obi's maturity between TPM and episode III. I think it is a good idea for him to have one.

11. Croaten

Croaten Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2000
    I meant TPM and Episode II. Sorry about the typo.

12. Silver Saber

Apr 16, 2000
    I just wanted to say I love the pics that Kafer posted, because I forgot to mention that in my last post!

13. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    No! No beard! That (from the pics I've seen) is definitely not a flattering look for him. However, I would be open to this option....

http://www.dsuper.net/~leia/Ewan/Claude_Kava1.jpg

Hmmm.... Even I, who am by no stretch of the imagination an Obi-drooler, have to admit that long hair, at least like this, looks good on him.

[This message has been edited by Alderaan21 (edited 04-21-2000).]

14. Twin Suns

Twin Suns Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2000
    Well I've converted some of my footage back from filmstrip mode to quicktime nd I have a problem. It begins to play, but then it stops, freezes for about the amount of movie time is left then shows the last frame. Is this a memory problem? oir is something wrong happening in the editing proccess. Quick note, the parts I have done have 2 sabers in them, would that contribute to the problem??

15. cheese

cheese Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2000
    Try exporting it with the same exact settings as your original footage.(frame rate, compression, ect.)

16. klingklang

klingklang Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 12, 1999
    Yes, Alderaan21, Ewan looks mighty fine in that episode of Kavanagh QC. His hair is much fuller than in Shallow Grave or Pillow Book. I would hope that Obi-Wan gets to have longer hair like Qui-Gon in the future films when he develops as a Jedi Master.

17. Obi-Ewan

Obi-Ewan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 24, 2000
    All you people who want long hair seem to forget (or never have known) why the hair was kept short in Episode I: to maintain coninuity with Alec Guinness's short hair. That's also why I'm sure he'll have the beard in the next episode.

18. Minako Kawamura

Minako Kawamura Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 1999
    Wasn't Obi-Wan's hair short in Ep 1. because all Padawans had to have that hair cut?

I personally vote for the long hair. No beard. With the long hair he'll look younger, highlighting the fact that he and Anakin are closer in age to have a friend/friend relationship rather than a master/padawan relationship. Thus highlighting Anakin's betrayal. Give Obi-Wan a beard once Anakin starts turning to the dark side to signify how that ages him.

Or maybe I'm reading too much into the whole hair issue?

-----------------------------
    The Galactic Senate Fanfic Vault http://www.geocities.com/gaijin_girl http://www.geocities.com/gaijin_girl
    The Internet's best, hand picked fanfiction

19. Kici

Kici Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 1999
    Beard? Yes--maybe goatee.
    Long hair? Yes

Check out this artwork. By Tom Nahas.
    http://www.episodeII.com/ep2/fanart/ep2iniquity.jpg

20. Rum_Smuggler

Rum_Smuggler Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2000
    Cool picture.

21. Silver Saber

Apr 16, 2000
    That is a really cool picture!!! Do you know if the Anakin in the pic is based on a real person? Cause he's pretty cute.

22. Jedi-Rillus

Jedi-Rillus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2000
    outstanding picture &lt;had to say that&gt;

23. Darth Maniacos

Darth Maniacos Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2000
    I am sorry,its me again!
    I am looking for a good sandcrawler model,the one on SWMA is the only one i could find and its very low quality.
    Please,if anybody know where to find let me know!! Thanx

24. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    Well, if you look in out artwork gallery, don't know if it's in amateur or not?, there is a picture of a sandcrawler that is high detail. What happened is it's a LW model or something and the maps did not convert. So I have all of this stuff and instructions, but I never did get around to remapping it.

25. Jason T

Jason T Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2000
    Hi there Darth Maniacos. Just check the Works In Progress on the Sc-fi 3D site.
    Just hold tight, I'm working on it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.