main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends X-Wing: Knights of Plooma by JM77&Lane (Action/Humor - L/M, Rogues, Karrde, OCs) - now with fanart!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMara77, Feb 9, 2011.

1. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Oh, that was awesome.

AND LUKE FLEW WITH THE ROGUES! <33333

And see, Hobbie! You didn't need a wanted poster! <3

Oh I would post more if I were not so busy. I will probably come back later and edit this. :D

2. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Ooooh, oooh, oooh *holding stomach* that was hilarious! Superb!!!! Fiolla rules!!!!

I'll come back with more coherent thoughts when I get home from work. But hey - don't we get Luke and Mara's dinner???[face_worried] you make me worried...

- - -

Okay - I'm back - and' I've been chuckling over this the entire day![face_dancing]

?Don't worry, we?re all fine. Hobbie took care of Lissiri.?
    ?Really?? The surprise in Wedge?s voice was obvious. ?She?s not dead, is she? I?d hate to have to deal with all that paperwork.?

The only thing that can make a Rogue pale ? paperwork![face_mischief]

Luke furrowed his brow. ?Me??

?Yes. We need you to fly Rusarian?s X-wing; he?s still out of commission. What do you say, old boss?you up for some cockpit time??

Luke grinned. ?Oh, I?m more than up for it
    .?

Yay ? [face_dancing] to see Luke fly Rogue again![face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_peace]

Mara, who had been following this exchange with interest, pulled the comlink towards her mouth. ?Antilles, you better have a spare ship for me! I?m itching to get some action.?

Corran grinned wickedly. ?Yeah, I?ll bet you are
    ??
    You've got to give that to Corran - he's fast! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]:D

Luke turned back around after a few steps. ?Mara?? he called.

The redhead cocked a brow at her former Jedi master.

He saluted her with two fingers. ?May the Force be with you.?

Mara?s lips curled into a small smile and she rolled her eyes. ?Same to you, Skywalker
    .?

Woooo?:D [face_batting]

It was a good day for a hostile takeover.
    :p What a statement - very Imperial [face_peace]

Yes, Turr could feel it in his bones. It was going to be a good day.
    Indeed ? but for who?[face_devil]

Fiolla raised up her blaster, pointing it at Mara. "Am I holding this right?"
    Ho ho hoo ? I?m amazed they even gave her that blaster?:p But then, Mara's got a lightsaber...

Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted the final two PloSec officers emerging from the blast opening and racing towards Mara. Just as he brought up his blaster to fire, a pair of shots from beside him rang into the air, catching one officer in the stomach and the other square between the eyes. Karrde turned and saw Fiolla, blaster still raised despite the fact the last of the invaders had been felled.

"Did I do that right?" Fiolla asked timidly

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] To think that Fiolla ? of all people ? managed to make Mara lost her speech?[face_peace]

?You know, it?s been a little while since I've flown combat,? Luke?s voice said over the subspace radio.

Wedge grinned and adjusted his helmet-mounted microphone. ?It?s like getting back on a speeder bike. No matter how long it?s been, you never forget.?

?Except the speeder bike wasn?t equipped with four rather lethal laser cannons, six proton torpedoes, a shield generator, an astromech droid, and a complete avionics package.?

?Well now you?re just getting nit-picky,? Wedge said. ?Remind me to write you up for insubordination when we?re done saving the galaxy again.?

?Whatever you say, boss.?

Aaah ? these two together again?[face_blush]

Someday, they would look back and laugh about this wingpair assignment. It was more than a little strange to have the former Rogue Squadron commanding officer and Jedi master flying as his subordinate for this mission. Normally the CO?s wingman was the weakest or youngest pilot in the squadron. Until a few days earlier, that had been true. Flight Officer Rusarian had been Wedge?s wingman, which allowed him to keep a close eye on the greenhorn and ensure the young pilot?s survival. With Rusarian currently floating in a bacta tank aboard the medical frigate Redemption, that meant Luke would be slotted into that wing pairing.
    You made me smile happily through this entire battle... [face_blush]

?Got ?em!? Luke shouted.

?You just now got him?? Wes voice sounded over the radio. ?

3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    WHAT? A NEW CHAPTER?! I really should be finishing packing right now, but I think I'll read this instead. THANK YOU! [:D]

?Yes. We need you to fly Rusarian?s X-wing; he?s still out of commission. What do you say, old boss?you up for some cockpit time??

Luke grinned. ?Oh, I?m more than up for it.?

WHAT? LUKE'S FLYING WITH THE ROGUES? Oh man this shall be good.

It was a good day for a hostile takeover.

Not with Luke, Mara, the most interesting man in the galaxy and the rogues on your butt it ain't.

It was going to be a good day.

Famous last words.

The Rebel flashed a rather unflattering hand gesture. "Go kriff yourself. Antilles out."

[face_laugh] Not as good as Han's "Kiss my Wookiee", but it'll do. "Kiss my Jedi" maybe? Oh wait, no, that's Mara's job.

After hiring Mara? He couldn't help but notice that he suddenly found himself getting into more and more blaster fights.

Luke and Mara have that affect, don't they?

Captain Jade's jaw clenched tightly and her eyes flashed. ?Excuse me??

[face_laugh] Someone is a deadman!

Hobbie stared at the ceiling in almost disbelief. Things like this never happened to him.

LOL. Hobbie got laid.

?You know, I had told myself that something like this could never happen. I thought you were with the other gentleman.?

[face_laugh] Hobbie and Corran. NOW THERE'S A CRACKSHIP

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR POSTING THIS (and not leaving me an evil cliffie). I laughed, hard.

4. Lady_Jedi93

Lady_Jedi93 Jedi Knight star 4

May 11, 2010
    This batch of Rogues were a fine bunch of pilots, of course that was true of every Rogue he had had on his roster over the years. Well, perhaps exempting the one kid from Nar Shaddaa...

Could someone possibly mean Dap? [face_thinking] ;)

ALL the Rogues flying together again [face_dancing] Oh I liked that scene! :cool:
    Murray has asked some mighty interesting questions me thinks. [face_mischief]

Corran with Hobbie: a phrase meant to induce wild fits of vomiting [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick]

We had better get the dinner with Luke and Mara soon :D
    Great job you two!=D=

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    ?Antilles, you better have a spare ship for me! I?m itching to get some action.?

Corran grinned wickedly. ?Yeah, I?ll bet you are??

Ha-ha! Corran and his death wish.

Talon Karrde flexed his fingers around the handle of his blaster and wondered how exactly he had gotten into this mess. It wasn't long before he settled on the day he hired Mara Jade. Before that point, he had been a simple information broker making a more-than-modest living. After hiring Mara? He couldn't help but notice that he suddenly found himself getting into more and more blaster fights.

It must be her magnetic personality. :p

Fiolla raised up her blaster, pointing it at Mara. "Am I holding this right?"

Mara flinched and grabbed the barrel of the blaster, pointing it away from her. "Fine. Just fine. But be sure to point that only at the people you want dead."

Oh, Gods! :oops: Maybe they should of set Fiolla's blaster to stun... Just in case.

?Thank you, Captain Jade. But, I am confused, and I have to ask?why aren?t you married to Master Skywalker??

Even the ploomian's can see it.

Wedge could have pinched himself. Mara Jade was being complimentary? They had just won a battle against the Empire, and Hobbie hadn?t even gotten injured? Luke had actually flown with Rogue Squadron again?

Pinch yourself, Wedge. It's a dream.

?Oh no,? Wedge groaned. ?What have you done now??

?Me?? Wes feigned innocence. ?Oh, my dear general. It is not I who has done anything this time.?

o_O

?You know, I had told myself that something like this could never happen. I thought you were with the other gentleman.?

Hobbie opened his mouth a few times, and there was only one thing he could think of to say: ??What?!?

?Jedi Horn. I thought the two of you were together.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Corran MUST be informed of this, and so must Luke and Mara and all the Rogues.

6. PadmeSkywalkerSHM

PadmeSkywalkerSHM Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 25, 2010
    Mara you do feel that way about Luke and so does he. It must be backwards day in star wars land!;)

7. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    You know that Brain Bleach I ordered? Make it a double and give it to Hobbie.

Excellent update, guys. I really needed that laugh.

8. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Emilie:

Glad you enjoyed! I will admit, I begged Lane to figure out a way to get Luke to fly again. It's my weakness (as demonstrated in my other fic). [face_love]

And Hobbie did get the girl...but does it stick? We'll have to see. ;)

kataja:

Fiolla rules!!!!

Fiolla DOES rule! I haven't created very many OCs, but man I love her so much. And I love that the really ditzy flighty girl is kind of a slut. In my mind, she's just waaaay overenthusiastic about EVERYTHING - including men - so when she's excited, well, she just can't help herself. And that is your psychological insight into Fiolla Flotto's life. [face_laugh]

But hey - don't we get Luke and Mara's dinner???

[face_whistling]

Now come on, kataja. You know by now that we're not writing in their POVs.

The only thing that can make a Rogue pale ? paperwork!

Paperwork and promotions!

to see Luke fly Rogue again!

I think this picture needs to be posted here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/JediMara77/The-Legacy-Collection-Luke-Skywalker-Snowspeeder-Pilot_Big_6.jpg /sigh

You've got to give that to Corran - he's fast!

That's what she said [face_laugh] ;)

What a statement - very Imperial

I loved this section. Lane does such a good job with this stuff. Hence why I enlisted him to help me on this. [face_mischief]

Ho ho hoo ? I?m amazed they even gave her that blaster?

Desperate times...

To think that Fiolla ? of all people ? managed to make Mara lost her speech?

I was laughing my butt off when I read that, too. [face_laugh]

Aaah ? these two together again?

Yup - that calls for THIS photo: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/JediMara77/WedgeManLove.jpg /sigh

You made me smile happily through this entire battle...

Lane: king of dogfights.

Tee hee ? but he still can get exited like a boy

Too bad Mara wasn't around to see it, huh?

Oh, she?s such a businesswoman

Well, she had a good teacher. :)

And now you remind me that this story is coming to an end soon?

Now now, don't cry! [:D]

I really, really wonder how you?re going to end this? I know you?ll stay in canon ? still, I?d hate to see Karrde loose his bet...

[face_whistling]

Yes! Say it loud, Karrde, say it loud!

Do you want the poor man to be killed?!

Murray is so adorable! You?ve really done an amazing work with the OC?s in this story!

Awww, thanks. [face_blush] Of course half the credit goes to Lane, but I'm really proud of these four OCs, especially Murray and Fiolla. This was the first time I prominently used OCs and I was nervous about it. I much prefer to use canon characters, even if they just have one little bit part and I can expand their character, like what I'm doing with Dack and Zev if in my other fic. But anyway, yeah I really liked these guys and I told Lane that I'm tempted to write Fiolla fics. LOL.

I love this exchange - that young and earnest Murray say this - and Mara's avoidances: "That's just the way he is!" - and when that doesn't work, the banal: "I have to go" Where are you running girl?

She's running to Nirauan!

Love this!!! I can just see Luke - awkward and eager - perfectly him! And I love how they just switch between awkward and completely compfotable from one second to the other!

They're just perfect together, aren't they? Blah, why didn't we get more of this in canon! I want them to go back and write more books in this time period! :p

I don't know how it it in the X-wing books - it this is canon or not - but it's such sweet writing! I dunno - the idea of these thow and the way you're written it is just so endearing!

Hehe, thanks. :) Well, I was mainly going off the idea that Hobbie and Wes have never had romantic interests in all of the books. I figured that Luke probably had his fair share of admirers, and Tycho really was the most handsome of

9. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    I've been meaning to read this for awhile. Sorry I'm late. [face_blush]

Qwi, or as Iella liked to call her, the One Thing Corran Horn Was Right About.
    [face_laugh]

?You always want to kill someone; go for something with a little more meaning,?

Good point.

"Who the hell visits Yavin IV for pleasure?"
    "Masochists, sadists, the occasional Sith Lord,

[face_laugh][face_laugh]

?Sir, will your lady require adult beverages?? he asked with a concerned look on his face.
    Luke shook his head. ?We all will, Mr. Dyartes. We all will.?

That depends- do you want heads to explode?

?Wow, I didn?t know that Palpatine was such a stickler for matriarchal traditions.?
    Aw, ol' Palpy really did support women. :p

Read through the first three chapters so far. Corran is absolutely hilarious!
    Love it!

10. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Fels: Yay, thanks for reading! We are glad you are amused! :D

[u]CHAPTER 13 [/u]

On the New Republic delegation's final day on Plooma, Talon Karrde settled into the small briefing room where they would prepare for the gala closing festivities. He nodded briefly at Fiolla, who had already taken a seat across from him, and Hobbie, who sat next to her. Karrde made a mental note to figure out what that was about later. One of the attendants came by with some caf, which he accepted gratefully while perusing through some documents on his datapad. He was so focused on a new shipping agreement that he didn't notice Mara enter the room until she flopped into the chair next to him and practically threw a folder full of flimsiplast sheets on the table.

Karrde slowly glanced over at his former second-in-command. She stared straight ahead, looking angry, confused, and tired.

Very tired.

Even though he already had a good idea of what was inside, Karrde opened the folder and began scanning the documents. "Ah," he remarked as he recognized the contents.

"Ah yourself," Mara snapped.

He raised an eyebrow at her. "Are these what I think they are?"

"You can read, can't you?"

Oh, she certainly was in fine sarcastic form this morning.

"Then I'm right?these are employment contracts?"

"Yes."

"So this means you're coming back to work for me?"

"Yes! You won our little bet. Happy now?"

Karrde grinned, unable to resist poking the nest a bit more. "Well. What made you change your mind about Luke, Mara? Last time I checked, you still couldn't stand him."

The redhead's face turned as scarlet as her hair. "It's none of your damn business. Now shut up!" she hissed, just as Luke cheerfully sauntered into the room and took the seat next to her. Despite the bags under his eyes, he seemed upbeat and...somehow different.

Karrde chuckled, knowing exactly why Mara did not want to continue their conversation. Luke, however, picked up on their exchange and decided to interject. "Good morning, Karrde. Mara. What's going on?"

"Nothing," Mara said shortly.

"Oh, your wife was just returning some employment contracts," Karrde spoke over her, eliciting a sharp jab in the ribs. "She finally caved and decided to come back to her rightful place amongst my organization."

"Really?" Luke propped his chin on his palm. "That's...interesting. How come you're going back to work for Karrde, Mara? I thought you were happy being an independent?"

She glared at him. "Stay out of my head, Skywalker."

"Oh, now that's not a nice way to talk to your husband."

Mara ignored him, pretending to be engrossed in whatever she was reading on her datapad.

Luke began spinning in his chair, a self-confident smirk on his lips. He leaned in so the others in the room wouldn't hear him. "So I guess it's not that bad being married to me after all, huh?"

Karrde sputtered and caf flew across the table, hitting Fiolla in the face. He grimaced in apology, but she just wiped the beverage from her skin with her scarf and began sniffing it intently. He barely had the time to ponder her actions before the explosion erupted from his left.

"What the [i]hell[/i] did you just say, Skywalker?"

The smirk did not leave Luke's face as he continued to whisper. "You're going back to work for Karrde. That means you admit that you enjoyed being married to me and, therefore, he won your bet. Now, I have to say that I'm [i]very[/i] proud of you for admitting to that fact, without me even having to 'butt into your mind'! That shows great character, honesty, and nobility on your part. Very Jedi-like."

Karrde would not have been surprised if he saw steam come out of Mara's ears. She turned slowly to Karrde, then back to Luke, as a look of realization came across her face.

"You [i]knew![/i]" she snarled at Luke.

"About the bet? Yes, I have to admit that I did."

"You...you...you little nerfherder! [i]That's[/i] why you've been so damned nice to me! Y

11. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    [face_laugh] x 100

* laughing too much to write*

12. Lane_Winree

Lane_Winree Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2006
    EmilieDarklighter - Glad you enjoyed! We had to get Luke behind the flightstick somehow :D

Kataja

Fiolla rules!!!!

Isn't she great? :D

The only thing that can make a Rogue pale ? paperwork!

The dreaded pile of triplicate paperwork. *shudder*

What a statement - very Imperial

One track mind, those Imperial commanders :p

Ho ho hoo ? I?m amazed they even gave her that blaster? But then, Mara's got a lightsaber...

Fiolla + Blaster = Fun experiments!

To think that Fiolla ? of all people ? managed to make Mara lost her speech?

she's full of surprises, that Fiolla Flotto!

Tee hee ? but he still can get exited like a boy

That flyboy is still in there.

I don't know how it it in the X-wing books - it this is canon or not - but it's such sweet writing! I dunno - the idea of these thow and the way you're written it is just so endearing!

Not sure if it's canon, but it's definitely not a stretch :D

This truly is Hobbie's story!

I'm so so so happy we went with Hobbie as the Rogue member of the envoy!

Briannakin

WHAT? LUKE'S FLYING WITH THE ROGUES? Oh man this shall be good.

Explodey excitement ho!

Not with Luke, Mara, the most interesting man in the galaxy and the rogues on your butt it ain't.

Don't forget the Rogues, the thorn in the Empire's side!

Not as good as Han's "Kiss my Wookiee", but it'll do. "Kiss my Jedi" maybe? Oh wait, no, that's Mara's job.

Yes. Yes it is *nods sagely*

Hobbie and Corran. NOW THERE'S A CRACKSHIP

One that must NEVER see the light of day!

Lady_Jedi93

Could someone possibly mean Dap?

You caught me, that is an allusion to Dap Zorvan, everyone's favorite misanthropic son-of-a-schutta.

I couldn't help myself :p

Corran with Hobbie: a phrase meant to induce wild fits of vomiting

And that's an understatement!

Ha-ha! Corran and his death wish.

Silly Corran. Wants to die early :D

It must be her magnetic personality.

That's got to be it ;)

PadmeSkywalkerSHM - It always is when Luke and Mara are involved!

Kat - Brian bleach? Oyah, Hobbie could definitely use some right about now :D

Fels - Glad you're enjoying this one! It's been fun to write :)

Don't forget, Chapter 13 is just above these comments. Thanks for reading everyone!

13. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Hilarious and a great story[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

14. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    This is by far the best chapter in this story - and that speaks for itself!!! =D= [face_dancing] [:D]=D= Good grief I laughed!!! Luke was.... awesome! So smug, so sweet, so... [face_blush] Good grief! I just LOVE that he so completely pulled Mara's leg - and twice! It puts so much in VOTF in a new and much better (!!!) perspective than it is in canon! Fabulous!!! Just... fabulous!!!

And Corran got what he deserved! [face_devil] Oooh, yesss....[face_love]

Poor Hobbie on the other hand, certainly didn't! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] You are so mean! :D [face_dancing]

JM: I'm tempted to write Fiolla fics.
    You should write Fiolla?s take on Luke & Mara?s wedding! With Hobbie!:D

Lane: Fiolla + Blaster = Fun experiments!
    [face_worried] Ummm... :p

This entire fic has been the funniest and most entertaining story I've read for a long time! But its been more than that - you've has taken some of the best characters in SW and put them into a plausible, elegant story that not only fits perfectly in canon timeline but adds volumes to what comes after! Fantastic work - and magnificent teamwork! =D= [face_dancing]=D= [face_dancing]=D= [face_dancing]

I certainly hope this isn't the only story we get from the two of you together![:D] [:D] [:D]

15. PadmeSkywalkerSHM

PadmeSkywalkerSHM Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 25, 2010
    I hope it's not the end.

16. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    Oh boy. Corran, that death wish you ordered? It's arrived. Fully armed.[face_skull]

Loved Karrde, Luke and Mara. [face_laugh]

Good bet, Wedge. [face_mischief]

And oh dear Force. Hobbie. Hobbie Hobbie Hobbie. [:D] You had to go and do it, didn't you.

And Lane - I'm sure some Brian[/b] Bleach *would* come in handy. But I ordered BRAIN Bleach. :p

Lovely chapter. =D= [:D]

17. Piper057

Piper057 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2009
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

The whole story was hilarious but the last chapter is the best!

18. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Hilarious. I loved the entire thing, but the last chapter was the greatest and the last scene almost made me pee myself laughing.

19. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Hazel:

* laughing too much to write*

Success!

earlybird: Thank you!

kataja:

You are much, much too kind. [face_blush] [:D]

Luke was.... awesome! So smug, so sweet, so... Good grief!

I think that's my favorite brand of Luke. [face_love]

It puts so much in VOTF in a new and much better (!!!) perspective than it is in canon!

Awww. This was really what I set out to do and I'm so glad that we were able to do that.

You should write Fiolla?s take on Luke & Mara?s wedding! With Hobbie!

[face_thinking]

I certainly hope this isn't the only story we get from the two of you together!

Well, Lane and I will be both be attending Dragon*Con in September. Who knows what story ideas we might come up with after a few drinks? :D

Padme: Never fear. :)

Katana:

Oh boy. Corran, that death wish you ordered? It's arrived. Fully armed.

[face_mischief]

Good bet, Wedge.

I think he might be earning some credits, don't you?

Thank you. [:D]

Piper:

Thank you!

Briannakin:

the last scene almost made me pee myself laughing.

Muahahahaha! [face_mischief]

[b]For all of those who thought Chapter 13 was the end...FOOLED YOU!!!

We have a short epilogue coming up tomorrow that ties up all the loose ends. :)[/b]

20. Lane_Winree

Lane_Winree Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2006
    Hazel - Well my work here is done :D

earlybird - Glad you've enjoyed it! We've had a blast writing it :)

kataja

This is by far the best chapter in this story - and that speaks for itself!!!

Nanci and I pulled out alllllll the stops for this chapter!

Good grief! I just LOVE that he so completely pulled Mara's leg - and twice! It puts so much in VOTF in a new and much better (!!!) perspective than it is in canon! Fabulous!!! Just... fabulous!!!

And that was the goal we set out with. Nanci wanted to do something to give VotF a bit more context, and this seemed like a great way to do it, a fic in the style of Starfighters of Adumar.

And Corran got what he deserved!

Did he ever!

Poor Hobbie on the other hand, certainly didn't! You are so mean!

Ah Hobbie, the classic Buttmonkey. Honest buddy, we love you. That's why we're so awful to you :D

This entire fic has been the funniest and most entertaining story I've read for a long time!

I'm really glad you think so. It's been a long time since I've done any sort of humor writing (if you've read any of my other fics, you'll know that I tend to take a more dramatic approach to crafting plot), so I was kind of worried that I wouldn't be able to pull off the humor.

But its been more than that - you've has taken some of the best characters in SW and put them into a plausible, elegant story that not only fits perfectly in canon timeline but adds volumes to what comes after!

Fitting this into the canon was one of our biggest priorities. We wanted to make this fun, but we also wanted it to serve a purpose :)

Fantastic work - and magnificent teamwork!

Nanci really spearheaded this project. Me? I'm just happy to play along :D

I certainly hope this isn't the only story we get from the two of you together!

Oh, I think there will be other projects on the horizon. As Nanci said, we're meeting up for D*C this year!

PadmeSkywalkerSHM - Boy do I have good news for you!

Kat

Oh boy. Corran, that death wish you ordered? It's arrived. Fully armed

Death by ginger, what a way to go :D

nd oh dear Force. Hobbie. Hobbie Hobbie Hobbie. You had to go and do it, didn't you.

It's not a Rogue operation if Hobbie doesn't wind up in a Bacta tank :D

And Lane - I'm sure some Brian[/b] Bleach *would* come in handy. But I ordered BRAIN Bleach.

You can have that too :p

Piper057 - I know I had a good time writing this last chapter ;)

Briannakin - Yeah, we can't let Hobbie off the hook that easy!

Glad you enjoyed all. As Nanci said, we've got a little epilogue coming up shortly!

21. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    And here you are...the conclusion of X-Wing: Knights of Plooma!

Also, the authors kindly suggest that if you have not already read Starfighters of Adumar, you do so immediately and you will find our inspiration.

I (JM77) would like to say a big THANK YOU to Lane for getting sucked into this project when he had lots of other stuff to do. It would not be nearly as funny or exciting without him.

And now, on with the show.
    :_|

[u]EPILOGUE[/u]

[i]Fifteen months later

Jade-Skywalker wedding[/i]

In all, it was the perfect affair for Luke and Mara?disregarding the crazy Imperial who tried to attack the wedding, of course.

Hobbie knew that they would have rather tossed out the guest list (mostly to keep out well-wishers from the Senate; how Borsk Fey'lya was invited was beyond him), but they made the best of it. Seated nearest to them at the reception were their closest friends and family. To one side was Talon Karrde and several members of his smuggling ring. Hobbie couldn't help but notice that the information broker seemed to be enjoying the company of his new employee a good deal. To the other side were Luke's family and the Rogues, the entire squadron invited by Luke.

Brushing past a pair of senators he barely recognized, Hobbie made his way towards the table where the other Rogues were seated. Just as he was about to push past a crowd of onlookers that hadn?t quite moved to their tables, a familiar voice called out to him.

?Major Klivian!? Fiolla Flotto said.

Hobbie turned to see the smiling girl hand-in-hand with another familiar face, Murray Dyartes. ?Fiolla,? Hobbie said, ?what a surprise. I wasn?t expecting to run into you.?

?Master Skywalker invited certain members of the Senate to attend the reception,? she explained. ?As a show of goodwill.?

Hobbie blinked. ?I see??

?I was elected as Plooma?s Senate representative last month!? she said proudly.

?That?s?? Hobbie could only manage to blink several times before finding words. ?That?s wonderful, Fiolla. Congratulations. And Murray, I assume you two are a?companionship, now??

?Yes,? Murray confirmed with a nod. ?We?re engaged to be wed next month.?

?And we would be honored if you would attend!? Fiolla said, nodding vigorously. ?In addition, if you would like to join us in our hotel room after the reception, we would be honored to host your presence.?

Hobbie?s jaw briefly dropped, but he recovered quickly. Did she just offer a?no. No, she couldn?t have. He shook his head. ?I do apologize but I?ve got? erm? paperwork. On my desk. At work. Important paperwork. Must attend to it quickly, you understand.?

Fiolla smiled once more. ?Of course, Major. But if you change your mind, you can find us in the Coruscant Grand.?

With that, the two Ploomians walked towards their table, but Hobbie could have sworn he saw Murray mouth ?help me? before disappearing into the crowd. Heaving a sigh of relief, Hobbie finally made his way to the other Rogues and sat down at their table. The usual pleasantries of a wedding reception were had, from surrogate father Talon Karrde?s speech to Han?s loving roast of Luke?s various exploits. Just as Hobbie thought the speeches were over, Wes Janson stood from his seat at the Rogue table.

"If I can have your attention," Wes said as he stood from his seat. Sitting beside him, Inyri Forge covered her face with the palm of her hand. "It is time to announce the winner of the Jade-Skywalker Marriage Pool."

Mara groaned. "You had a betting pool?"

"They have a betting pool for everything, dear," Luke replied.

"And when did you batch of flying miscreants set this up?" Mara asked, glancing at Wes.

"The day we left Plooma," he responded with a wide grin.

"Were we really that predictable?"

"Yes," Hobbie and several other Rogues responded at the same moment.

Rolling her eyes, Mara waved for Wes to continue. He pulled a tattered sheet of flimsy out of his coat pocket and scanned over it momentarily before letting out an audible sigh. "The winner," he said, "is the good General Wedge Antilles with a guess of fifte

22. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    Lovely.

Go General Veggies! Who needs the Force, huh?

SALT?!

Oh dear Talon. Dearie me. LOL. HI SHADA.

Wonderful epilogue, guys. I'm sad to see it go, but I know you two both have other projects in the works, so I'll just have to hang on to those.

=D= [:D]

23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    *Picks herself off floor after she finishes peeing herself laughing*
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

NaCl? THEY DID ALL THAT FOR KRIFFING TABLE SALT? I say it was worth it.

Hilarious. The entire thing was simply hilarious.

24. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I will post a longer review once I am done laughing.

Table salt?!

*dies laughing*

25. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

[face_laugh] Need... [face_laugh]to... [face_laugh]control... [face_laugh]myself!

CAN'T!

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Ahem:

This story has to be one of the funnies I have EVER read.

Great job, guys!