main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X-Wing Motorcycle Helmet

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by LukeSkiewalker, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Okay, I would have used the original topic I created on this back in '04 but it has been locked.

I plan on converting my helmet to look like a Red 5 helmet, but I have hit a snag. I can't find a template for the graphics. I originally was just going to buy the stickers richies sells and use those as templates for retro-reflective tape but they haven't responded to any of my emails and I'm not about to just send a paypal payment without knowing whether they are still in business.

So my question is does anyone have some sort of template for the graphics on a Red 5 helmet? Any help with this would be great. I have spent the last several hours on costuming sites and searching google with not much luck. The only thing I found was what appears to be the Prop Palace's new front and I wasn't going to pay their ridiculous prices for decals.

2. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Find me the link to your original topic and I'll unlock it. :)

3. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Check Parts of Star Wars. In their downloads section they have a template for some of the helmet graphics, you can get the Rebel logo itself from the ANewHope Truetype font. Then you can either print it out yourself and cut it out of reflective material or ask a place to make them for you.

4. JediRah

JediRah Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2005
    A bit OT, but wouldn't a stormtrooper motorcycle helmet be awesome? It wouldn't be a particularly accurate stormtrooper model, but I still think it would look cool

5. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Well here is my original post: http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=16061299&brd=10019&start=16083593

It got a little OT so I'm not sure if you want to unlock it or not. Either, way thanks for that link Woofer. The side black wing thingy and the victory symbols were what I was looking for. I already have plenty of templates for the Rebel Insignia so that won't be a problem and the rest of the helemt design looks like I could do it by hand.

Now I just have to decide whether to use 3M retro-reflective tape, find someone to do an airbrush, or do a combination of both. Obviously the airbrush is going to look better, but be more expensive. Using the tape is going to be cheaper and add a degree of visibility to my helmet at night...hmmm. Anyone ever have any experience of doing an airbrush consignment? If so what was the job and how much did it cost? Thanks again for those who have put out suggestions in this thread and the other one. I promise I will actually get around to it this time and actually post pictures. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.