main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA X-wing origins: Rogue.... Leader ;)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    [image=http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs087.snc1/4618_101822983956_512393956_2684424_4207912_n.jpg]

Muhahaha... [face_laugh] Space just got a lot more dangerous. :p

Alright I do have to thank some people for this cos the only thing I actually did buy was the flight suit and the Rogue Squadron patch (and the lightsaber lol).

In Chonological order:
    Terril for the helmet like a year after the Gamecube came out w/Rogue Leader that came bundled with it... lol
    Rob for the chest box and leg flairs at my b-day 3 years ago.
    Eva for the code cylinders at my b-day 3 years ago too. (You can't see them in this pic cos their on the other shoulder...)
    Matt for fixing my leg flairs cos apparently they were loose and all.
    Tom for the flak vest and gloves this past Sunday.

So I've modded several things on the flight suit and modded the flak vest and chest box myself to make it a more clean cut and fitting easier. At some point I would LOVE to get the Rogue Squadron patch in aurabesh and the rank badge of General... I need to get the ejector straps and belt or just mod out one of my Jedi belts and have a holster for a blaster pistol and covertec for my lightsaber. I may not get black boots because I really don't want more boots for the sake of a cosplay/insane accuracy and I actually think my Jedi boots work well with this. Will consider getting the miniflairs and comlink pad but not really caring about those items in particular.

Anyway for anyone that says I took forever in getting this together... I'd like to paraphrase something from one of the Rogue Squadron novels said by their quartermaster droid Emtrey, "In the world of procurement of hard to obtain goods, you can get them fast, cheap, or quality... pick two." :cool:

Grand total for this cosplay approximately $19 (not including the lightsaber or Jedi affiliated stuff)
    Grand total of time approximately 3+ years...

2. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Cool costume, Ming!

3. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    Almost there! looking good

4. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Nice! It's great to see this come together. I know it has been years in the making!

5. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Yep... I think I kinda look forward to suiting up... Now what's the down payment on an Incom T-65B? :D

6. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Update on this... cos now I gotta a pew pew! ;)

[image=http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs238.snc1/8528_153411688956_512393956_3544922_6991171_n.jpg]

I made the holster out of an old camera case (too bad it wasn't brown)... then I totally modded a Jedi belt, A LOT... I didn't think it'd turn out this well, but then it totally exceeded ALL my expectations! [face_dancing] I made HELLA special modifications to the leather on the holster thigh strap wasting none of the material. The Jedi belt is now what's wrapped around my thigh holding the DL-44 in place and it's totally adjustable! Special thanks to Eva because I actually watch her re-design a Jedi belt she made (the one I'm wearing around my waist in the pic actually) and I totally used my Sharingan/near photographic memory to pick up the leather working special ability. I didn't even use leather working tools! Improvising is so fun and I'm an expert at putting holes through things! [face_laugh]

Now for me I think ejector straps are optional. It'd be nice if I do get them but if I do they will be in black. I'm sick of the standard gray like every other X-wing pilot out there should I get them. Also they'd be cumbersome regardless, not good in lightsaber combat... Anyway, why should Rogue Leader worry about ejector straps? It's not like anyone can shoot me down or out fly me anyway so I don't need to eject! :p

Oh and you can't see them but I got the proper black boots for this. Another special thanks to Tom for that hook up. DUDE! They fit PERFECT. I think they're more comfy than my Jedi boots too! Now that's two I owe you! ;) (haven't worked in the compad in yet though... I think that would take some sewing of compartment onto my flight suit sleeve which I can't really do... ah well.)

7. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    [image=http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs238.snc1/8528_153433958956_512393956_3545400_8312537_n.jpg]
    A fully shot of all the gear...

I'm so ready to vape all those who oppose freedom and justice in the galaxy into free hydrogen particles in vacuum! :D

Yeah, this thing has been years in the works so mucho thanks for all the gifts from folks who helped put this together (esp, Blue Ray, holy crap man you gave me like half this outfit! LOL). Adding my own special modifications and touches makes this really sweet but knowing more than 80% of it came from good friends makes me very honored to wear this.

For me I associate my SW gear with memories and things that characters who wear similar things get involved in, BUT I never choose any one person in particular to copy everything exactly, I don't see the point. I don't want to be anyone else but me, and so I've never tried to copy Luke or Wedge or Tycho or Gavin or any other Rogue Leader in the SW history books. I'm not them, and never will be. In reality however, I AM Rogue Leader in my own way on this planet. I am just fortunate enough to have really awesome friends who play along with my Rogue Squadron eccentricities...;) [face_laugh] Overall, I say dress how ever you damn well feel like concerning costumes and as long you can still recognize yourself through looking glass but feel amazing wearing something cool then do whatever you like. Bath robes or otherwise because in the end it's not the clothes that make things reality, it's the person.

This will debut at the SW Concert in October. :cool:

8. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    sharp.

9. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008

cool, i'm wearing my "Blue Leader" costume to the concert also

10. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Very nice!! :)

11. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Blu Ray as Blue Leader, I like it. [face_laugh] Gonna go off the novelization call signs eh? ;)

12. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008
    I noticed that Luke wasn't wearing any harnesses while in his pilot gear in the Star Wars Holiday Special. So your costume is canonical from that point of view.

13. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    lol The idea I have something similar to the holiday special is mildly horrify. haha... Looks like I'm never ejecting... like I'd ever had too, TIE pilots couldn't hit the board side of Home One... :p

14. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    No, we go for the smaller ships, whose pilots won't eject. It's funnier.

[image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/180px-TIE_target_FF7.jpg]

[image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/Star%20Wars/cymattMedium.jpg]

Gotcha.

15. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Gotcha? Funny that you have to have your helmet off at point blank range to hit a err... a model of an X-wing with your TIE-cylops visor Matty... and to really have it count... should should be in a ship, not... ummm... WonderCon... :p

Matty, you wanna go head to head against me in a XvT death duel then I'd be happy to blow you in to free hydrogen atoms in sim space ANYTIME ANYWHERE... This mocking is blow me and I rather settle this with laser fire. Lemme know cos otherwise, you're just making boasts you can't back at this point. I'm getting a new PC... I can't wait to reinstall X-wing on it. Kiss your twin ion engines good bye fierfek! [face_laugh]

16. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Oh, you were talking about a VIDEO GAME? I misunderstood.

17. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Please Matty, if you every played and beaten any of the X-wing series games you'd know that it's more than a "video game". Truly is actually show how inferior the TIE series really is... :cool:

However, I will say that the TIE Avenger and Defender classes are really awesome vessels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.