main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X-WING PILOT SWEAT SHOP- 100% COMPLETE !!!!! YEAH!!!!!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by SITH__CHICK, Apr 20, 2010.

1. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Wow.....Love it Jason!

2. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
    Not bad, sir! What'd you use?

3. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Looks great dude!

4. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
  5. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I ended up going with the first process I tried. I made a mix of black acrylic, water, and a couple drops of dishsoap, and applied it with a sponge brush that I had dabbed dry so that it didnt run. Then I wiped that with a dry paper towel. That left it smeared over the surface, so I took a piece of wet paper towel and rubbed it vigorously over that to remove the streaks and soften the effect. It worked pretty well. I managed to get some extra 'dirt' at the top of the mohawk and in the back, where you would expect to grab it in a hurry.

I had to take a very fine sandpaper to the vinyl stickers and to my paint appplication so that the wash would stick to it. I also took a piece of plastic and rubbed some of the edges to wear the paint a bit.

So this thing is basically done now. I just have to add the microphone and I'm done. I think I am going to pass on putting earcups inside it as I think that will make me sweat.

6. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    It looks very nice. Well done!!!

7. theropod

theropod Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2008
    The helmet looks great. Well done Jason!

8. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    that looks GRRRRREEEEAT!

9. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    [image=http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k87/s65horsey/DSCF0410.jpg]

I'm sure I attached something backwards or to the wrong spot so feel free to tell me differently! And yes, I know I don't have gloves or boots, but I was about ready to burst into flames in air conditioning so I don't plan on having those at the Con. This girl is going to rock the crocs while wearing Corran Horn!

10. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Just tell everyone they're Space Crocs. :p

11. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Looks good!

12. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Yeah!!!! The belt is a wee bit adjustable, I always add an inch just because we wear it over that bulky jumpsuit. And yes, dh was right we should have fit the vest on you before you left, but we can do that in FL when your getting dressed.

So what day & what time are we all going to rock these costumes????

13. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I dunno. I haven't even looked at the schedule yet. And I have a long way to go to get my pilot costume done. [face_plain]

14. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Just print out the schedule and study it on the plane. :p

15. Katsu_MaRoy

Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2006
    While I didn't get most of my gear from the fantaboulous sith couple (My DH helmet does ROCK, btw), I'll be rockin' the pilot/snowspeeder on Friday, most of the day, and Thursday AM, as I'll be working the Rebel Legion booth (HINT HINT)

If anyone gets their pilot approved by the RL, that's the day pictures will be taken, for All RL, the Pilot detachment, and a special snowspeeder event, too:

RL Photoshoot @ 11AM
    RLSC Snowspeeder Photoshoot @ Noon
    Rebel Pilot LFL Stage Photoshoot @ 3PM

Just one more reason to get those RL apps in ASAP. We can always use more Canyon Runners in the Mountain Base <end promo>

16. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Got the base layer of the front side of the vest done. The top layer will take longer, though. I'll have to start it another night; I wouldn't get far enough along on it tonight. I'm trying to decide whether to lay out and cut fabric for a layer of the Leia dress tonight or not. It's only 7:30, but I'm already tired. [face_tired] And I should probably make some small effort at cleaning up just a little of the mess I made this weekend. Oh, and maybe eat dinner.

17. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Look! Pictures of my helmet are up! It's so pretty! :D

18. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Phew. I finally found my belt buckle. I had bought one like, 3-4 years ago. I hadn't seen it since I moved and decided tonight that it was time to go find it while waiting for the fray-check to dry on the vest nylon. Well, it wasn't in the first place I looked. Wasn't in the second place, either... and so on and so forth. Fortunately, it was in the 5th place I looked. Wish it hadn't taken so long, but in the meantime I did find a bunch of gift cards I'd forgotten about, as well as some money, the memento freebees from CIII, some more money, some jewelry and a backpack-in-a-tiny bag thing that I'd forgotten about but want to bring to the con. And a whole bunch of other stuff. It could be possible that I should clean out these drawers one of these days.

19. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I'm planning on wearing mine on Friday. I'll be too excited to wait til Saturday, plus I don't want to wear it to the Disney thing so Friday seems like a good fit for me (especially if we're going to the Ice Bar!)

20. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I can't find them!

OK.....I am officially in FREAK OUT mode[face_hypnotized]

21. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Look here.

Yeah, now is the perfect time to panic. And it only gets worse from here on out. There's no freakin way I can get everything done. [face_plain]

Or wait, did you mean freak out in a good way? :p

22. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    [image=http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff64/darthhair/xwing%20pilot%20stuff/Alisondirty3.jpg]

23. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Wow, that is awesome!

24. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
  25. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    [image=http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff64/darthhair/xwing%20pilot%20stuff/SCpurple4.jpg]

No, this one is!!!!!

Has my name on it!!!