main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X-WING PILOT SWEAT SHOP- 100% COMPLETE !!!!! YEAH!!!!!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by SITH__CHICK, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    Yeah it does!!=D=

2. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I likey! All of them.

IwillfinishminetodayIwillfinishminetodayIwillfinishminetoday

3. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Amazing work!!!!

4. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
    Very, very cool!

5. Katsu_MaRoy

Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2006
    Thanks to DH I was able to finish my snowspeeder pilot.w00t

6. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I made good progress on my vest tonight. I was hoping to finish the front, but didn't quite make it. The end is in sight at least.

I need to get a thimble. I always scoffed at them, but now I totally get it. My thumb hurts from pinning, and I've thrashed two fingernails.

7. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Congrats to Sith Chick --the newest RL approved pilot!

[image=http://www.rebellegion.com/images/cos/4815-A.jpg]

And I saw this helmet last night --it looks fantastic! I love the chrome and the aurbesh lettering. Killer!!!

8. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Woot!!!

I'd congratulate her on the RL boards too, but I still can't post...

9. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    You should be able to once you've registered. You don't need to be an approved member to post. What is your username there --I'll see what I can do to help.

10. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Yeah!!! That was quick, I was afraid they wouldn't like my helmet :D I get to be in the official picture!!!!

Didn't think I would be this happy.

11. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I signed up on July 17th. Got the registration email but never the activation one. I've asked several people for help, but the people in charge haven't done anything it seems. Username is Grimby, and I'll bet anything my account status just needs to be changed to active by an admin.

12. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Ben, please check out this thread. It should help. If nothing else, try another name...

13. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Stupidest thing I've ever heard of in my life. How can I receive a registration confirmation email, yet suddenly my account doesn't exist? Somebody manually deleted my account, that's how.

Edit: Thanks for your help though Bill. I appreciate it.

14. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    check out this thread
    It looks like Neil possibly did --if you used your screen name as your first name, or if he got delete-happy.

Please also make sure that when they fill the form out; they are doing it correctly. I delete any that use the requested user name as their real name. If they don't want to list a full name that is fine, but they have to at least put down a first name.

I'm sorry for the hassles. [Lando]It's not my fault.[/Lando] Hopefully you get through this and yours gets approved quickly (probably after CV.)

As a word to anyone else doing an X-Wing pilot, could you please register before you are ready to submit, and make sure your account gets set up? Then, when you're ready to submit, that phase is already done.

Also, because most costume judges are going to CV, please understand if your costumes might not get approved until after the con, and after folks have returned home. Crystal (the RL CO) has said that you can stop by the RL booth for a review, but formal approvals will have to wait until folks are home. The only things at CV requiring formal approved costumes are the LFL stage things, and those people submitted a while back. So (obviously) anyone else can wear their costumes, regardless of approval or not.

And for folks submitting costumes, please check out this thread regarding submission photos.

The important highlights: Please submit front, back, side shots and any close-up shots of specific items. Double check the costume standards checklist and make sure your photos include everything on the checklist. Then include an action pose for your frame. Quality, clear photos taken against a relatively clean background (no trees, bricks, etc) help --and no con badges or other items should be on the costume.

This will make the approval process go much faster.

I'm so excited to see so many costumes gettign approved --and the quality is top-notch. Jeff and Kim, you guys have done a wonderful job!!!

15. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    So my account was immediately deleted because I put "the Hutt" as my real name? Seriously? You know, it'd be a hell of a lot easier if they actually said somewhere on the registration page that they require a first name, or maybe actually told you why your account was being deleted. If registering is going to be such a hassle and I can't be extended a little courtesy as a potential member, I don't think I'm going to even bother, sorry.

16. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Ben, you're yelling at the wrong guy. I'm trying to help. I am not the admin --and yes, I agree, it's a stupid thing that Neil did.

Don't let that sully what the rest of the RL is. It's much more than that, and there really are good people --in both the RL and the 501st. And the 501st's application process is much more of a PITA than even the RL is. It's just the way it is. At least the RL lets non-members register and see the forums (all except merchandise and FS/FT forums). With the 501st main site, you can't even get in until you get a TKID. And, even as good as the MG site is, non-members are locked out of a LOT of the discussions --including info on upcoming troops --until they're approved. The Rl site is much more open, and that's a good thing.

I'll also pass along your complaints to Neil --he deserves to hear it.

17. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    I don't mean to be yelling at you Bill, far from it. Believe me, you've been more helpful than anybody about this. I'm just frustrated that after three weeks of waiting and asking multiple people for help, someone finally managed to tell me that my account was deleted for an extremely stupid reason. If that's their policy, then fine, I don't have any problem with it. But what I do have a problem with is the fact that this policy isn't stated anywhere and the site isn't very helpful in pointing people in the right direction who have registration issues. The Contact Us page is full of names and positions and emails, but none of them say they have anything to do with the forums.

Sorry to be ranting about this, but these are obvious problems that I think the people in charge need to hear and hopefully address at some point. Deleting my account without warning or explanation is just stupid, and doesn't make being a part of the RL very enticing.

18. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I agree completely. I just sent Neil a PM about it, and hopefully it'll get cleared up. He might be on his way to CV soon, but I've seen him post today, so I hope he can clean some of this up relatively quickly.

I also sent you a PM with a bit more, Ben. I need to run home, but feel free to call if needed.

19. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
  20. cyodarun

Apr 23, 2002
    Ben, I have your holster ready too. I just need to put the buckle on your belt.

Any chance you might be down this way in the next few days? (or up at Sith Central?) I am going to run up there Sunday early.

21. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    grimby is going to come up sometime on sunday as well

22. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Grimby - I'll be swinging by Sith Central Sunday as well, if you want to get the holster a little closer to home.

As for the RL stuff... That really sucks. I was under the impression that they had made all of that identity stuff part of the registration process. You can't be an anonymous person in the RL. You can choose not to show your real name on the boards, but they have to get real names because of the events they do with and for LFL, as well as many of the charity groups. It's one of the downsides of our litigious culture right now. But I totally agree, that's the kind of thing should be clearly spelled out in the registration process, in addition to where you should go if you have any trouble with that process.

23. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Yeah, it makes sense why they have that policy. It just doesn't make sense why they wouldn't explain it during the registration process.

Thanks guys, I'll just pick it up while I'm there on Sunday I think. Gotta test it out in full costume and with the blaster anyway. :)

24. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    Hey cyodarun,

Do you think you could give my belt to Zoo on Sunday? Then I can grab it from her, if she would like to get lunch next week or at the next Open Cockpit=)

Thanks guys!

25. cyodarun

Apr 23, 2002
    Will do Becca.

Sent you a pm as well.