main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X-WING PILOT SWEAT SHOP- 100% COMPLETE !!!!! YEAH!!!!!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by SITH__CHICK, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    I'm definitely in!! I won't be able to join up until later in the afternoon on Saturday though since I work.

2. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002

I vote for you coming to CO! :)

3. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I second that vote :D

Lego, of course you can come late, by then we may be running around in 1/2 built costumes, crying or sleeping, but we will be working until wee hours and maybe again on Sunday if we get a couple more people.

4. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Thanks. [:D] I will see. I did a prelim look at airfares. The fri-sun is a bit much. There might be thurs-mon options in a feasible range. I also have to consider C5 though... Money I take to come out for the sweatshop would come out of the possible C5 fund.

5. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Apr 27, 2009

...sigh...

so after the Pathfinder nearly blew up today and left Miho stranded on the side of the road...AND after the $1,100 bill to replace the radiator, battery, some hoses, and my soul.... it doesn't look like I can afford to participate anymore. Bye bye costume budget. :_|

6. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Could've been worse. It could have been a Toyota.

Alas, you can take me off the maybe list and into the no column. Thanks, though. If I do another costume, it will probably be ROTJ Luke with the black cloak.

7. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Apr 27, 2009
    I would like to correct my previous statement....

I AM going to help out, but will NOT be making/buying one for myself. That's an option right?[face_thinking]

8. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    Help is greatly appreciated! Buying the parts in bulk is what keeps the costume as low as it is. Otherwise its like a $600 costume when all said and done. So like Kim said if nothing else buy your flight suit.

All of my pieces are close to screen accurate if not 100% and I do see them in pictures of RL people so they should be approve-able. I will be finding out shortly.

20 belt buckles have been ordered from the UK.

9. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Apr 27, 2009
    A jumpsuit I can definately do!:D

10. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Hey, Lego, that's all I can do right now, too. :D

BTW, Kim, my Dickies one is a 52, so get me a 52 in this one. If they end up having a "short" option, I'll take it; if not, then regular. :) LMK when you need the deposit.

11. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm interested in this one but does anyone have any contacts on getting a snow trooper done?

12. Jomama

Jomama Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 3, 2009
    I cant afford the the costume right now but I may come and help depending on how much I am working in my yard.

13. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    May 24th is when I need at least the jumpsuit $, then sometime before 6/4 the rest needs to be in.

We still need to talk about food items, how do we want this to work? Don't really want snacks lying all around, gives people excuses for "break times" non of that now!!!! [face_shame_on_you]

Here is the current list I have if people who are interested so far are:

Nerf - IN
    Birr - IN
    Grim - IN
    CYR - IN
    Sarn - IN Deposit PD, size
    JG - IN (minus jumpsuit)
    QHM - IN (partial) Size 52
    Bill - IN (partial)
    Bfett - IN (partial)
    Horsey - IN Helmet for sure
    Lego - IN - (partial)
    Mistress IN (partial)
    Alison IN (crazy partial) Size 38

Maybe????
    Rox
    Kat
    Tony
    Alison

Sizes:
    MEN'S COVERALLS
    38, 40, 42, 44, 46, 48, 50 RG
    52, 54, 56 RG + $4
    38, 40, 42, 44 LN

Inseam RG (30)
    Inseam LN (32)

14. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm in. I'm going to be a weird partial though. I'm thinking I'll have to put together (sew) the parts impacted by sizing out here. So I guess that would be jumpsuit, flak vest, belt and straps? I'll need materials, but will do the fabrication here, which is the weird partial part. I'll take the smallest size jumpsuit - 38 reg, right?

SC, what is your favorite way to get the money? Paypal or regular check?

I looked into airfares and schedules to go out for this, and I couldn't find anything that would work well. :( The decent airfares would have me flying out either Thurs morning (miss two days work) or arriving too late Thurs night, and then leaving Monday either way-too-freaking-early or else Monday evening (missing another day of work). I couldn't find anything at the good price that minimized the vacation time and/or didn't put me in and out of the airport at insane hours. :(

15. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    bump, so if people could confirm or deny the list above & start getting me your sizes. Now that I'm doing final research the place I got mine from is adding $7 instead of $4 for sizes above 52, so there are other sites that have all sizes for same but higher all around, just need to find the best deal, to do that I kinda need to know how many & what sizes.

So please do so ASAP.

16. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I confirm your list, need the smallest size coveralls and will send you some moolah later tonight.

17. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I am still in!

I need a 42 regular or a medium regular, depending on who we order from=)

Thanks!

18. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I'm still looking into the best price/shipping deal, some places have smaller then 38, if so please state what size you would like and I will do my best and if they don't have that size it will be closest to that size I can get.

19. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Ok I'm in on everything. I'm a little confused on the jumpsuit size though. If I measure like they tell me to measure then I'd need a small flightsuit and that can't possibly be right. PM coming at you, kim.

20. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    As small as possible for me. [face_blush]

21. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Just to clear things up I wasn't interested in this costume. I actually have it already. I was just wondering if anyone knew anyone I could talk to about a Snow Trooper costume. It is the one I want to do next.

22. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Oh, sorry I missread your thoughts [face_plain]

23. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    It's cool looking back I didn't do the best job of putting down what I wanted to say. I failed it up from my brain to my fingers.

24. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    dh & I have snow trooper costumes w/o the backpack, he has that on his to do list but we do not own the molds. With C5 coming up we are working on some killer costumes for that so it has been pushed aside until next summer for sure because I want him to finish the female tusky before that one.

So the only other option is Far Away Creations that I know of and he is local too.

25. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    10 out of the 20 belt buckles I ordered showed up today. They are being shipped in 2 packages.

I got 9 sets of leg flares and belt flares chopped and ready to be machined.