main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X-WING PILOT SWEAT SHOP- 100% COMPLETE !!!!! YEAH!!!!!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by SITH__CHICK, Apr 20, 2010.

1. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    nothing to see here, move along.

2. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I may have to bail.... I'll let you know as we get closer to deadline.

3. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    No problem, if money isn't in by 5/24 you will have no choice it will be made for you :p

4. theropod

theropod Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2008
    I'm very interested, but I have to weigh several things to see if I can make it work, including if I can make the build day.

5. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    It will be a two day build because of the #'s, I understand if everyone can't come every day, every minute and that is why there are 2 sets of prices. But if you can come & help for a major part of a day, that is all that is required. I have several people coming to help out that are not getting a costume, so we should be able to knock this out in 2 days.

Biggest part is I need measurements if you are not going to be able to make it.

This weekend we are ordering vest buckles, webbing and velcro, next week will be plastic & material as well as the jumpsuit order. We have some people ordering their Mando jumpsuits at the same time to cut down on costs. I know that costume is 9 months away, but it's never too early to plan ahead, right?

I love it when a plan comes together. We have never done something this big before, I hope it goes smooth.

6. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    PM sent Kim.

For those of you wanting a holster, please let me know so that I can plan the leather purchase accordingly.

I have DH and Gundark thus far.

7. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    Can you pm me details about the holsters? Did I miss a post?

8. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    It's only if you want to have a blaster with your pilot costume... It's not a requirement

9. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    I am getting excited!!!!!!!!!

10. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    You should be, Gundark and I are pulling helmets today!

Maybe some chest boxes too.

11. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    Fantastic!

12. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Wow!! Very exciting. :D

13. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I'm going to be making phone calls for the jumpsuits, so if I don't have your size I need to know NOW!!!! I've sent PM's due to lack of response in thread.

If you are gettig an entire costume we need to start getting deposits so we can purchase the metal, plastic, etc.

If you're just getting the jumpsuit, please pay that in full by 5/24.

Thanks

14. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Which place are you getting them from? Is 38 reg still the smallest size?

15. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I don't know where I'm getting them from yet. I'm going to try some local places, if they match internet store prices. I'm sure I can find smaller then 38, just not how much smaller, I think it's 34 is the smallest. Afterall these are mens coveralls.

I will call you in a few days to figure out how to get you all the items for the costume and how much you want to sew yourself, etc. ok T?

16. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you=)

17. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Bring that ruler & your sewing machine, we should be good.

I'm looking into water soluble pens or disappearing ink pens, what colors do they have, not all of them say what color it is.

I can't use all of one or the other unless we are going to wash the vests before we put on the hardware. Trying to figure out the best way to do those because I'm almost sure the drawers will be way ahead of the sewers and if the drawers are 24 to 48 hours faster than the sewers, we will have blank canvases to sew because the lines will be gone :(

18. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    I have pink, blue, and purple pens that disappear in water, I always find that the disappearing on their own ones go away before I get everything marked and sewn, specially with the vests and quilted stuff.

However, depending on the marker, a quick spritz with water usually makes it fade, I don't always find I need a full on dunking. You have to try the different brands/colors out though.

19. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Sounds like a good plan!

I will be out of town starting early Mon morning through late Thurs night next week, and will only occasionally be available. Have to go out to DC for a work conference.

BTW - how should we send you money? If paypal, which account?

20. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I'm trying to get the funds together ASAP. If I don't, I'll still show up as much as I can to help & learn.

21. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    No kids please, this is a sweat shop & even I can't put little kids to work. If you bring kids, then just plan on watching the activity as you will need to keep an eye on your kido?s so they don?t get hurt AND they always want to talk when you are talking so conversations will take 10 times longer than needed so if you are hindering my ?minions? then???

I will need to know a strong headcount and if meals need to be provided for each person.
    So I'm thinking $10 will get you 3 meals & snacks, sample menu would be Danish & fruit for Breakfast, Deli sandwiches for lunch, and Spaghetti for dinner? On Sat. I will have water, coffee and ice tea on hand if you want something else then maybe 2-liters would be good, we can keep them on ice in a cooler outside. We will need to keep cups & cans to a minimum due to lack of space & mass activity.
    Sun. would be same for Breakfast & Lunch but we could do something different for dinner, maybe football food or Mexican. I can make green chili.

I want to keep snacks to a minimum as cheetos & white pilot vests don?t go well together. Washing of hands will need to be high on the priority list as well. So meat, cheese, veggies and no colored chips & dips.

So far we have 7 complete costumes to make & 2 jumpsuits, could be as many as 5, still waiting on the 411 from everyone.

I?m getting very excited; this will be our first attempt at an organized, planned, structured and cohesive sweat shop. In the past we were all just running around and working on a million things at once. Hope the start of many more :D

FYI ? these prices will never be offered this low again. As we are getting additional items to fulfill the orders we are finding out prices have gone up on a lot of things we had in stock already. We were offering them at our costs and our costs are going up. Not trying to scare anyone but I want you to know this for when you want the costume in the future and the prices are not the same. We will always take care of our RMFF family so please know we won?t rob you EVER and we don?t offer these prices to everyone so please keep the $$$ on the down low.

That is all for now.

22. Deliciosa

Deliciosa Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2010
    I'm a designated sewer for Nerf; pls keep me in the loop if you need anything other than me & my Singer to show up.

23. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Iron & ironing board???? [face_batting]

So CONFIRMED costumers:
    CYR
    NERF
    SARN
    GRIM
    TONY
    HORSEY
    JGOC
    T
    M
    GUNDARK (BLACK JUMPSUIT)

MINONS:
    ZOO
    DELICIOSA

Possibles:
    theropod
    Bill
    Anita
    Birr
    Lego

Just let me know if I have this wrong or where to put you on the list, I have so many things going through my head. #1 trying to be a mind reader :p

24. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    The menu and $$ sounds good, I will need to leave for home around 5 or so on Sat., so do not count me for dinner. Will return on Sunday if my meger skills are needed.

Kim, what should I bring. Sissors, Iron/board, other sharp instruments?

25. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Yourself :D Oh, I guess I should say what time we are going to start???