main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends X-Wing Rogue Squadron: Distna AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Esther Anderson, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Esther Anderson

Esther Anderson Jedi Knight

Sep 5, 2012
    Title: Distna AU(cause I couldn't think of anything better)
    Author: Esther Anderson
    Characters: Wedge, Tycho, Hobbie, Wes
    Rating: PG(implied violence)
    Type of fic: Drabble, Squad fic
    Summary: What if Wes didn't survive the Battle over Distna?
    Genre: AU, angst(loads of it!)
    Notes: Have a box of tissues ready because this is a death fic! *flees from angry fangirls)

The morgue was cold. Wedge rubbed his upper arms in a vain attempt warm himself. Uneasily, he glanced at his silent companions. Tycho's face was carefully blank. To those who didn't know him it would appear that he was unaffected by eerie room. Wedge, however, knew better. Hobbie wore the most mournful expression Wedge had ever seen. Wedge knew that Hobbie often wore a dour expression but this time it was completely genuine. Hobbie glanced up as if sensing Wedge's scrutiny; his baby blue eyes were watery, and he blinked.

A noise at the far end of the room startled the three pilots out of their silent misery. A coronary attendant entered the room and approached them. He paused and then cleared his throat. Breaking the thick silence, he said, "Follow me." With that he walked back the way he came. Wedge glanced at the others and quickly walked after the attendant. The attendant led through a corridor then to another room, this one smaller than the other one. "He's in there," The man said softly, "I'll wait here."

Wedge nodded his thanks, unable to say anything. He took a deep breath and shoved open the door before he changed his mind, Tycho and Hobbie followed. What he saw stopped him in his tracks. Hobbie made a choked noise in his throat and grasped for Tycho's forearm blindly. Wedge stared. Tycho swallowed.

Lying before them, dressed in his dress uniform, was Wes Janson. His eyes were closed in permanent slumber. His dark brown hair had been meticulously combed and parted to one side. His hands were folded neatly across his torso.

Wedge blinked the sudden moisture from his eyes but it refused to leave. He swallowed hard. Wedge grasped a cold, pale wrist. He felt Tycho wrap his arm around his trembling shoulders. "Oh Wes," Wedge whispered hoarsely.

Wedge huddled closely with Tycho whose arms were wrapped around the both and together they grieved for their lost friend. Never again, would they hear "Yubyub,Commander" nor would they hear Wes's teasing laughter, be the victim of one his notorious pranks. Never again, would Hobbie be rankled by Wes's vain attempts in matchmaking or trying to pick up girls in bars. Together, they grieved a lost brother.

Slowly, Wedge straightened from his hunched posture and squeezed Wes's limp wrist one last time, he whispered "Yub yub, Wes." Hobbie briefly touched his friend's face, "I'll miss you, Wes." Tycho lightly touched Wes's hand, "Be at peace," he paused, "our brother."

The End

*hides*

2. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    [Skywalker Wail]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO![/Skywalker Wail] :(
    They have all dodged death so many times, and lost far too many who weren't so lucky. Very sad what-if.

Just rip my heart out and do the Ewok dance on it, why don't you? It's so heartbreaking to see them trying to cope here.

Esther Anderson likes this.
  3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    :_| @};-

That line just killed me! This is one of those stories that really benefits from being shorter as it allows you to have the emotions, but not to drag them on too long.
    I actually like a good death fic every now and then and I enjoyed this one. (Though I kinda feel terrible for saying I enjoyed a death fic. :p )