X-Wing Rogue Squadron

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Captmiloman, Mar 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captmiloman Jedi Knight

star 1
    If there were to be a live action TV series, this would be the one to do. I'd like to see Dennis Lawson reprise his role as Wedge Antilles leading a new generation of rebel pilots against the remanents of the Empire. Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, etc wouldn't have to be involved. As long as the writing, directing, producing, and acting were good I'd be interested in seeing this on my TV screen. I wouldn't trust FOX with it, though. Maybe HBO or Showtime.
  2. General_Rieekan Force Ghost

star 4
    i heard a rumour a while back that Lucas was considering doing another TV project after Episode III is released in 2005. one of the things i heard was they hadnt decided if they were going to do a live action or another animated show, but one of the ideas for the live action was supposed to be a TV show based off of Rogue Squadron...

keep in mind this was just a rumour, but i have my fingers crossed!!!

:D
  3. sidious_onset Jedi Knight

star 2
    Live action would be so lame. Let's not take SW down the same path of ultra-suckiness as Star Trek.

It would be awesome if they did a lot of different micro series animated shows. A story that fills the gap between episodes III and IV would rock. The building of the rebel alliance, Vader doing his thing, some of Leia's early adventures, etc.

Really, live action special effects are awful on TV. The imagination can run wild in the animated realm.
  4. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    YES! YES! YES! A Rogue Squardon series, or Miniseries would ROCK!
  5. LeeKenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'd like to see both Rogue and Wraith squadron shows.

Include the following characters:

Corran Horn
    Gavin Darklighter
    Ysanne Isard
    Zsinj
    Ton Phanan
    Face Loran

And, just for the hell of it, Thrawn and Pellaeon as well. [face_devil]
  6. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    Thrawn and Pelleon weren't in the X-Wing series
  7. Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Master

star 4
    This would be an excellent idea.

I heard the rumor a couple years ago.
    So long as they kept to the books and didn't frell it up, it could be good.
  8. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    "Live action would be so lame. Let's not take SW down the same path of ultra-suckiness as Star Trek."

Couldn't agree more. :D
  9. General_Rieekan Force Ghost

star 4
    it depends largely on the director and the crew, as well as the actors, if a live-action anything is going to be lame and really suck. i mean, there were probably people wandering around clueless in 1977 saying Star Wars was lame. obviously these people were deluding themselves...

still, if George Lucas himself were to have a hand in it and not let the whole project turn into another Holiday Special disaster, then it could be possible. the only thing they'd have to do is show it on HBO or The Movie Network or some pay network like that, because nothing is worse than commercial interruptions during a Star Wars show...

of course i tend to think that without George Lucas, the whole project falls to pieces and becomes lame real quick...

:D

EDIT: this is why Star Trek sucks. too many TV series with commercial interruptions every 12-15 minutes and the actors are mostly people who only do TV, which has lower talent standards than Lucas i imagine...
  10. vong333 Force Ghost

star 4
    To tell you the truth, I'm against a live action tv show for rogue squadron. I feel that if its done in animation its going to be better. I don't trust too much star wars in tv as a live action. It has the potential to hit suckiness as star trek. The Holiday Special really stunk and the two Ewok movies are for kids. I don't believe George Lucas is going to do anything in the realm that could contradict his work on the cinema screen. The TV series would probably be ala Indiana Jones Style, I think it would be the continuation of the fall of the ideals of the republic told in episodic series. In other words, what we are most likely going to get on tv will be a series continuing after Episode 3, but not close enough to Episode 4. Characters like Obi-Wan won't be used and I don't believe their going to get Carrie Fisher or Mark Hamill to do reprisals of their younger self. Sorry for the pessimisim, but the series will most liekly be the above listed. Aniamtion is a whole different ballgame.
  11. vong333 Force Ghost

star 4
    Look at the bright side, at least will still have Darth Ransidious Stradlious at Dark Horse who will most likely provide us with more stories of Rogue Squadron and heck even mandalorians before we see them on tv, and if lucasfilm/cartoon nertwork decide to do an animated series, it would most likely fall in the era of the Knights of the Old Republic. During that time, the jedi of the era were cpable of doing god like feats and the sith were plentiful which would fit the animated format.
  12. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Live action could be done quite well- it would only suck if Lucas allowed an inept cast and crew to handle it.

>> Really, live action special effects are awful on TV.<<

Depends on the show- the latter part of Babylon 5/Crusade, Farscape and Stargate SG-1 have done effects at least on par with the Special Editions and, to an extent, TPM's FX quality. And many of those were made several years ago.

With current available technology, a proper budget, and the right crew behind it, effects quality and prodiction values are the two things you, without a doubt, don't have to worry about going wrong in a live action series.

Worry about the scripts- thats the really only thing (besides acting, but let's face it, the films don't exactly set that much of a standard to live up to [face_batting] ) that could make a live action series suck.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.