main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub X-wing Series Fan Club: Home of the Dancing Gamorrean

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi-Knight-Corran, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Lady_Jedi_Skywalker

Lady_Jedi_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    I didn't even managed to finish one of my three Rogue Squadron games, so... I'm not the big video-game player and I tend to get mad at the game very fast. [face_blush] But I have to agree with everyone, I prefer Rogue Leader over the other games that I own.

2. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    yeah, I hated the camera angles mostly. Hopefully the next 'X-wing' game is NJO.

3. Lady_Jedi_Skywalker

Mar 18, 2003
    That'd be so cool a game in the NJO time period.

4. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Yeah, but do you realise how annoyingly innaccurate it would be? :p

5. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Nah, they'd be forced to make it accurate. You could fly as Kyp, Jaina, or Jag. And the Grutchins could be the first bonus mission. And the first battle of Coruscant would be so sweet! And... *begins to druel* It'd just be so cool!

6. Lady_Jedi_Skywalker

Mar 18, 2003
    True the first battle in Coruscant would be way to sweet. I like the idea of flying as Kyp, Jaina or Jag.

7. Gen_Wedge_Antilles

Gen_Wedge_Antilles Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 22, 2004
    What's in it for the number one guy?

8. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Aw!!! Dude!!! Chiss clawcraft!!! =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~

9. whats-her-face

whats-her-face Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2004
    Maybe we should pitch the idea to Lucasarts- an NJO game would be quite cool. Though I have to agree with whoever said it would be totally inaccurate- plus, there would probably be a bunch of those dreaded ground missions...

10. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    I'd be fine about the ground missions (playing as anakin or Jacen on Dantooine ;) ) if it were like Jedi kight 2. Better yet, they should make this a Rogue Squadron-Jedi Knight 2 crossover game taking place durring TNJO. As I have said, the awsome flight simulator-ness of Rogue Squadron, and the amazing ground combat (1st person shooter/ 3rd person lightsaer) of Jedi knight 2. And they had better not make the ground missions like in Rebel Strike: somewhat boring, impossible, and you can turn on a penny :p

11. whats-her-face

May 5, 2004
    I suppose that wouldn't be too bad :p.

So, did everybody hear? There's going to be a nine-book post-NJO series and Aaron Allston is writing a third of it! I'm praying that means we'll get some Rogue/Wraith/Twin Suns/whatever action, at least in those books. Of course, we have to wait until 2006 for them to come out... then again, as SW fans we're very accustomed to waiting ;)

12. Lady_Jedi_Skywalker

Mar 18, 2003
    I heard there was to be some new books post the NJO, but wasn't aware it was a nine-book series. And Aaron Allston is writing one third?!?! *Prays with whats-her-face* Yes that would be so great, some Rogue/Wraith/Twin Suns/etc action!

13. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Actualy Denning is writing anothr trilogy that is post NJO that isn't in this series. Arrg!! Now this means I'll have to actualy work on finishin the NJO!! :p

14. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    I just wish we didn't have to wait so long for them to hit the shelves. I need a new SW fix. More than that, I need a WEDGE fix! :_|

15. whats-her-face

May 5, 2004
    I think the Troy Denning series is coming out within the next twelve months. But its definately that series that I'm looking more forward to.

Until then, I guess we'll have to stick to fanfiction...

16. whats-her-face

May 5, 2004
    Where did everybody go?!

17. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    There wasn't much to respond to that, so I didn't say anything. Plus there are no new recruits, so....

18. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Okay...

umm...

Topic.... topic.....

Aha!

Who is your favorite member of Rogue/Wraith squadron (not including Wedge, Wes, Hobbie, Tycho, Corran, and Face; and please don't everyone say Ton)

My favorite is Ooryl

19. Lady_Jedi_Skywalker

Mar 18, 2003
    Where did everybody go?!

Unfortunately there's a lot of humidity in the region where my home is. The computer works only when it wants too.

Who is your favorite member of Rogue/Wraith squadron

K hang on that I think as those that are really my favorite Rogue/Wraith members are those that don't count... Well I suppose it would be Gavin as it's the only name that is flashing in my brain at the moment. Well others are, but that's the brightest one. So yeah my answer is Gavin.

20. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Gaivin's X-wing is awasome in Bacta War, with the nose painted like a dragon ;)

21. whats-her-face

May 5, 2004
    Who is your favorite member of Rogue/Wraith squadron (not including Wedge, Wes, Hobbie, Tycho, Corran, and Face; and please don't everyone say Ton)

Hey! You can't make exclusions! No fair!

Well, I guess since I can't choose Wes (*grumble grumble*), I'd definately have to go with Shalla. She rocks.

22. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    I made the exclusions because everyone was going to say one of those and it would get kind of boring :p

23. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    Favorites? Besides the Fabulous Ones? Hmmmmm. I think I will choose Ooryl Qrygg. I like the form of address that he and his people use and I like the uber-cool attitude he has when he's in that X-wing - minimum effort, not flashy, but sharp and efficient.

I like the Wolfman, Riv Shiel, too....just because he is who he is - very dangerous.

24. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Yeah, but I don't like it when Ooryl starts using "I," he seems to get cocky and more human-like

25. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002
    Kettch, of course. :)