Fanclub X-wing Series Fan Club: Home of the Dancing Gamorrean

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi-Knight-Corran, Jul 12, 2004.

Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 4
    Try reading him the Wraith Squadron arc, might change his mind!
  2. Runjedirun Force Ghost

star 6
    Someday, I finally got him to allow me to read books that include characters from episodes 4-6, he used to only allow me to read him Clone Wars books. He's 4 so we read lots of DK readers together. One of them includes Luke in his X-wing pilot gear.
  3. Runjedirun Force Ghost

star 6
    Double post...oops.
    Last edited by Runjedirun, Oct 26, 2012
  4. Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost

star 5
    I got Mercy Kill from the library yesterday, read 7 or 8 chapters despite really desperately needing sleep #priorities :p It's certainly different so far, but super fun. I'll admit I don't know enough about the the post-NJO era to understand all the events though... oh well.
    Runjedirun likes this.
  5. imiller Force Ghost

star 3
    Good for you! I hope things make sense enough in terms of relationships and such - that's where the heart of the story is!
  6. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Up to Chapter 30 right now, only about 150 pages to go! And Its bad as I read before bed and find myself reading WAY too long at night!
    Katana_Sundancer likes this.
  7. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 4
    A lot of SW books do that to me...
  8. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    My daughter was in my SW room last night "Mum I've run out of books to read" I said "Take Your pick!" She said "But I dont want to read a SW Book!" I said "Then you have nothing to read, that's all I have" :p
    Katana_Sundancer likes this.
  9. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 4
    Very luckily, my nephew and 8 year-old great nephew are both SW fans - my great nephew was last seen reading Force Unleashed II (well it is SW, but I do wish he had better taste!) ;)
    Adalia-Durron likes this.
  10. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    My son has read alot of the Junior Jedi Knights, and the entire Galaxy of Fear....but I wish he'd just try NJO or X Wing Series, I know he'd love them!
    Runjedirun and Tim Battershell like this.
  11. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 4
    If there are Audiobooks of them, perhaps you could borrow them from the Library and just keep them playing in the background while he's around - maybe he'll start taking an interest; the X-Wing, and particularly Wraith Squadron, books are certainly good enough stories!
  12. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    I just know he'd love the X Wing series! I might have to check the library out. I have A few books on Cassette tape can you believe?! Used to listen to them in the car on the way to work...
  13. Runjedirun Force Ghost

star 6
    I'm afraid I may have spoiled most of the EU for my son. He's only 4, his top 3 current books are Blast Off, Don't Wake the Zillo Beast and Tatooine Adventures. But I have the entire run of Junior Jedi Knights, Young Jedi Knights. Jedi Apprentice, Jedi Quest and the Young Bobba Fett waiting for him in just a few years!
  14. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    My son read the Junior Jedi Knights and some Jedi Apprentice books but then he discovered Halo.....he's 13 now.
  15. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    I've tried to get my friends into it - Thorns got to Bacta War, and liked Corran; at least, she wishes she could meet him, just so she could annoy the living daylights out of him!

My niece has started Rogue Squadron, but the nephews just aren't into reading - which is so sad, because the rest of the family is full of bibliophiles. My eldest brother (the kids' dad) and I are speed readers too. Lord of the Rings took me one week when I was in Grade 8 - it took him about four days! Then again, I kept up with my homework and got a semi-decent amount of sleep...
  16. imiller Force Ghost

star 3
    See, I agree with the argument that the EU has been really lackluster and painful for the past six years. But rewriting continuity would still make me extremely sad because all the X-Wing books (including Mercy Kill) are really worthwhile, and I don't know how to try to sell them to friends if "it's all going to be alternate universe and irrelevant after the next film comes out."
  17. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    On our way! Son is reading Truce at Bakura! Its a Start!!!
    Last edited by Adalia-Durron, Nov 3, 2012
    Tim Battershell likes this.
  18. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 4
  19. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 4
    Just gave in to temptation and ordered "Mercy Kill" from Waterstones! Got over £8 off it, too - do they know something we don't?
  20. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    I dont know what! Its pretty good, and the one liners are epic!
  21. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 4
    Can hardly wait to get my mitts on it now!!! :D
  22. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    I am still waiting patiently for Mercy Kill in paperback. My copy of Darth Plagueis only just arrived yesterday, because it finally became available in paperback.
  23. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    You have the patience of a Jedi there Zeta.....Me? Not so much!
  24. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 4
    Waterstones lists the PB version as coming out in 283 days, Zeta!
  25. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    I just have so many other things to get, that I am perfectly capable of waiting. I still need to get BFC, HoT, the Clone Wars novels and comics from the original multimedia project, the first six Halo novels and the short story collection Evolutions, a few other odds and ends like Scourge, and eventually Scoundrels (in paperback, of course) and DotJ: FS.
    That doesn't surprise me, Darth Plagueis was originally published in January, but only just published in paperback on October 30th.
    Last edited by Zeta1127, Nov 3, 2012
  26. Runjedirun Force Ghost

star 6
    Had a thought about Truce at Bakura just last night when watching ROTJ. Would it have been any different if the young Anakin ghost had visited Leia?
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth