main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub X-wing Series Fan Club: Home of the Dancing Gamorrean

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi-Knight-Corran, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Started reading The Paradise Snare last night. My plan is to reread both Han Solo Trilogies by January 1st.

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
  3. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    OMG, what a sight! Today is going to be awesome.

4. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I am the overseer of Janson's rear and therefore I am... overseeing it. :p

Also reminiscing about the days of the Cade rear, when that avatar came out...

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Never seen that one.....but this one is keeping me content for the evening...

6. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I'd be happy to find and scan any more rears if anyone would like :p I only have the three Rogue Squadron omnibuses though

and it is now after 4am so I think I will stop studying and go sleep [face_tired]

Katana_Sundancer likes this.
  7. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Goodness yes, get some sleep! I gotta get dressed and hit the stores. Lots of shopping/errands to do today.

8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    SLEEP WOMAN! And then search for more. :p LOL!

Now I am tempted to get out my comics....

9. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    I wish I knew of a place irl that sold comics. :( That would be COOL.

10. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    There's a really nice comic shop here near our house. Very clean, big place with 2 separate rooms for role playing that also look very nice and clean. He only sells new comics. Near my parents house there is an almost disgusting comic store, but they have rooms full of old dusty comics and they sell new comics. But do not go in there if you have allergies. Place literally creeps me out, I think it's cool to go find some old treasure, but you could dust once in a while, right?

11. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    Rebecca, is that from the issue were Janson, Hobbie, and Plourr go to Corellia?

Also, I believe we were promised more rears. O:)

Runjedirun likes this.
  12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    She's probably still asleep, give the woman a chance! :p

13. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    Butt...butt!

14. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I want more rears too!

15. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    Oh yeah, I've finally gotten my husband to start reading the X-wing series and I wanted to streamline material so he can get the full experience. What do you guys think of the order of following reading list?

1. Rogue Squadron
    2. The Phantom Affair, Battleground Tatooine, Warrior Princess
    3. Wedge's Gamble
    4. The Baron Fel and Rise of Isard comics (In the Empire's Service, Family Ties, Masquerade, and Mandatory Retirement)
    5. Krytos Trap, Bacta War
    6. I, Jedi (if he needs to read more about Corran)
    7. Wraith Squadron, Iron Fist, Solo Command
    8. Thrawn Trilogy
    9. Isard's Revenge
    10. to be continued...

I left out the Rogue Leader comic and Requiem for a Rogue, which I didn't like. As it is, it's going to take him about a year to finish everything on here. Am I forgetting anything?

16. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I just think you are lucky you have the comics. I have Phantom Affair and In the Empire's Service. Wanted to just by the Omnibus set by my husband says we have to get the comics, they are better for collecting reasons. So I'm waiting for Christmas to see what I get, then I will order the rest.

17. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    The comics are excellent. Your husband has great wisdom, clearly. I only got the first Omnibus because it had Rogue Leader and another X-wing comic I didn't have, but it wasn't very good except for Phantom Affair.

18. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    MiraxTerrik yup, that's the one. There was only a couple Wes butts in the entire series, I was disappointed. Clearly the artists don't know that his rear is infamous now.

And you'll all have to wait, it took me about three hours to go through all the comics just for Wes images and then scan what I found, and I have an exam tomorrow (yes, on a Sunday [face_sigh]). I know there's a good Corran butt in that same comic that the Wes one is from, but you'll have to make specific requests if you'd like any other than that :p I have a few more Janson comic icons and once my exams are done but before I go to Sweden I'd be happy to make icons for anyone out of the Rogue Squadron comics... ask and you shall receive :)

19. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Rebecca_Daniels

Oooh, oooh, Hobbie please! Take your time though. I want you to do well on your exam....Good Luck!

20. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    Yeah, don't feel the need to satisfy our more basal needs at the expense of your studies. ;)

I wonder why no one's ever made a Hobbie fan club around here. I'm going to request a little Soontir. There should be a decent selection to choose from. :p

21. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    The Hobbie fan club, so many possibilities. They could call themselves the "Bacta poster boys" or "Down on their luck" or "It's worse than that"...my kind of club...as if I'm not in enough clubs around here.

Mirax My husband is buying/having an imperial 181st flight suit made for me so I can join the 501st with him.

BultarSwan likes this.
  22. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    I'm voting for "It's worse than that" to be in the title. It's the first thing I think of whenever Hobbie comes to mind.

Runjedi, I cannot tell you how awesome I think that is. I have vague plans to make the nerfhide jacket Mirax is always wearing but it's a ways off. First, I need to find a decently matching jacket from the thrift store or otherwise cheaply.

23. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm just fortunate that my husband really wants me to join the 501st. All I did was say I would be interested in the costume and he started making orders. He doesn't even know what the 181st is.

24. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    Hah, that's awesome. So this is the reason for the purchasing of comics, yes? Educational purposes?

25. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    I can has Wedge-rear? [face_batting]

While reading Mercy Kill, I used a whole bunch of Post-It notes to record my thoughts as I went (something I've never done before), since you can never get back that first reaction. At Chapter 27, horror of horrors, I ran out of Post-Its! Cue the mad ransacking of my room as I scrambled to find MORE PAPER OH GOD I NEED MORE PAPER I MUST CONTINUE!

All in all, I wrote nearly 3000 words in note form. Maybe I should post them to my livejournal or something...