Fanclub X-wing Series Fan Club: Home of the Dancing Gamorrean

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi-Knight-Corran, Jul 12, 2004.

Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. CrazyOldHermit Force Ghost

star 4
    I noticed they turned the Rogues into a Jedi squadron too. It felt wrong. I agree they should have been in Twin Suns.

Seems like in one book, don't remember which, one of the Antilles girls was thinking back to some lessons Wedge had given them. He was telling her that they have to train harder to be quicker and sharper, especially to be able to potentially outfly a force user, ally or enemy. Am I remembering this correctly or not?
  2. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    The Jedi will get the benefit of everything. You need to train extra hard to be their equal but if you do you can look them straight in the eye and say that that they did not need a crutch. Betrayal.
    CrazyOldHermit likes this.
  3. CrazyOldHermit Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks. I remember that now. :D

His lesson is true. Wedge can look any Jedi in the eye as an equal. Superior to many.
  4. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    And he isn't afraid to say "No....you're wrong" :p
  5. SnubJockey Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Aaand I'm back. Yay changing work schedules. I agree that we need more characters. I'd like to see "Kirney" and Myn's kids explored. She got Piggy to promise that he would NEVER recruit her children. That doesn't mean they won't join up on their own...

Plus, I'd love to see what their life was like. Also, what happpened with Face and Dia having a kid, and Dia leaving the squadron.

Also, If anyone's written a oneshot in which Booster is babysitting Syal/Myri I would absolutely read that. (There should be a line in there about how Iella was CorSec. I was surprised he never remarked on it)
    Last edited by SnubJockey, Jul 7, 2013
    Katana_Sundancer likes this.
  6. Runjedirun Force Ghost

star 6
    I don't think we'll be seeing Myn and Lara's kids, found a fanfic with them, but I wasn't too impressed.

I think Booster was too concerned with his daughters husband's past to worry about who Wedge married.
  7. zark Force Ghost

star 4
    While we're on the topic of new characters, what if karrde had a daughter?

Sent from a wireless cantaloupe.
  8. Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost

star 5
    The galaxy might as well surrender now.
  9. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    This is one of my rabid plot bunnies. Of course, it got mixed in with my musings on the lack of details about Iella's family and background before CorSec, and in my crazy head-canon, Iella is now Talon Karrde's long lost daughter.

My mind is a strange strange place sometimes.
  10. CrazyOldHermit Force Ghost

star 4
    You're in the right place then. :p
  11. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
  12. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    Gah, double post, but I can't edit atm.

Just rereading Rebel Dream (not an X-wing book, but it almost might as well be) and I have to say I love the scene where Kell and Luke are working on Luke's X-wing together. Quite apart from it being good to see the boys getting back to their mechanics roots, we get the mental image (Luke's PoV no less) of the X-wing suddenly deciding to chow down on a Wraith. Can I just say that this screams out for a fan art depiction?
  13. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 5
    Since 'Dream and 'Stand are both written by Allston, I vote they be admitted as honorary members of the X-Wing series!
    Force Smuggler likes this.
  14. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    Seconded! Very much so. They're the X-wing stand-ins in NJO.
    Force Smuggler and Adalia-Durron like this.
  15. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    What about the Dark Tide Duology?
  16. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    I think those might be more "I, Jedi sequels".
  17. Revanfan1 Chosen One

star 5
    I agree. We had much more focus on Corran in those books than we did on Rogue Squadron. In fact, Jaina and Gavin were pretty much the only RS pilots even named, let alone given character.
  18. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    And Wedge and Tycho just hit the Vong with the Empire. The Vong didn't like the Empire. *wicked grin*
    SnubJockey and Revanfan1 like this.
  19. CalaelAzasar Force Ghost

star 4
    How is it that I've missed this thread till now?

Oh yeah, back when I first joined the JC, I'd only read one X-Wing book (Star Fighter of Adumar). Therefore didn't feel it right to join. Now I've read them all and am more enraptured with Rouge Squadron than I was from just the one book.
    BultarSwan likes this.
  20. Revanfan1 Chosen One

star 5
    That was Enemy Lines, not Dark Tide. But yeah, EL was more Rogue Squadron follow-up than Dark Tide.
    Force Smuggler likes this.
  21. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    We were discussing EL first.
  22. Revanfan1 Chosen One

star 5
    Oh. I missed that. Carry on...
  23. SnubJockey Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I thought that Rebel Dream was interesting in that Wedge partially deposed the surviving Provisional Council, blackmailed them for military assets and marginalized them, and managed to live through the aftermath. :D
  24. Revanfan1 Chosen One

star 5
    I loved the part where he threw the blaster down on the table, personally.
  25. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    How about the part where he totally wipes the floor with the Vong fleet - when he was specifically trying *not* to?

And the whole Blackmoon Eleven scene, up to and including Gavin making his *commanding officer* 'sir' him?

I also like the glimpse we get of Wedge's family - and the terror of them maybe not making it off Coruscant.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth