Fanclub X-wing Series Fan Club: Home of the Dancing Gamorrean

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi-Knight-Corran, Jul 12, 2004.

Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. Revanfan1 Chosen One

star 5
  2. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    Glad you liked! Love Wedge's comebacks and all of Gavin's thoughts.
  3. SnubJockey Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    The two best parts were:

Joy ride. Eleven skips and a rakamat. I should have known.

or

"Colonel, if you ever develop rank in proportion to your disciplinary skills, some day they'll make you a fleet officer."

Now never, ever find the link to the one where Iella and the Kids get stuck on Coruscant.
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  4. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    I won't post it. I said the name, and it can be found on ff.nn
  5. CrazyOldHermit Force Ghost

star 4
  6. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    That was a great read!! Loved it!
  7. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    Gavin needs more love. Admiral Darklighter, has a nice ringmto it, doesn't it? And he started with Rogue Squadron at 16 - and only because Wedge fought for him. Nice pic, Veggies!
  8. CrazyOldHermit Force Ghost

star 4
    Wedge always had a eye for talent.
    BultarSwan and Katana_Sundancer like this.
  9. adaml83 Force Ghost

star 4
  10. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
  11. CrazyOldHermit Force Ghost

star 4
  12. CrazyOldHermit Force Ghost

star 4
    I know it's a double post but I couldn't help it.

Now I know why we are the "home of the dancing gamorrean." [face_laugh]
  13. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    I still say it should be "Lock S-foils in attack position" and I will probably continue to say that even after I figure out about this dancing Gamorrean business when I finally get around to reading Mercy Kill.
  14. CrazyOldHermit Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm just a few pages in and it's already worth it. ;)
    Katana_Sundancer and Runjedirun like this.
  15. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    I am torn over the fact its more of a FotJ tie-in than an X-wing novel, the parts from 13 ABY to 29 ABY notwithstanding. Don't get me wrong, I liked the preview of 13 ABY section in LTotS, but its connection with FotJ just ticks me off.
  16. CrazyOldHermit Force Ghost

star 4
    I've only read one of the FotJ books so there's a lot I probably won't understand.
  17. SnubJockey Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I stopped at Unifying Force, read some Wookiepedia summaries, and enjoyed Mercy Kill just fine. It reads like Allston really wrote it for his Wraith Squadron fans, and it's a great return to the best of the EU. Shame few other new EU novels got what made it so good.
    zarkinfrood likes this.
  18. CrazyOldHermit Force Ghost

star 4
    I agree. So far, it does have the feel of the Wraith series. Long way to go yet though.
  19. Runjedirun Force Ghost

star 6
    I think you'll find that feeling continues throughout the story! Hope you continue to enjoy it :)
    CrazyOldHermit likes this.
  20. wobafett Jedi Knight

I just started with the X-Wing books a few months ago (mostly audio-book format) and when I got to Mercy Kill I was a little disappointed by how long it was drawn out, how boring it seemed to be and how little it had to do with the rest of the universe when it came down to it.
    I never finished it, but does it get better later on? Should I try the actual book vs. audio format?
  21. Runjedirun Force Ghost

star 6
    I had read the x-wing books back in the late 1990's. I quit SW after the NJO ended, seems I wasn't alone there. I only came back when I heard the Mercy Kill announcment. I re-read the x-wing series just all within the month before Mercy Kill was released and I loved Mercy Kill. I've never been able to stand audio books, they tend to put me to sleep. Or my mind wanders and I forget to listen.

To be fair I read LOTF and FOTJ before reading Mercy Kill as well (thanks to my local library). After reading the last several books in FOTJ anything could have been good, but I did read Mercy Kill twice. I rarely read a book twice. :)
  22. CrazyOldHermit Force Ghost

star 4

Yeah, I read the X-Wing series when they were brand new too. So far, Mercy Kill hasn't disappointed. Of course, like you guys say, NJO changed everything. LotF just continued the change, and not really for the better. From what I've heard FotJ hasn't helped any, but I'm going to get through those too. However, after Mercy Kill, I'm thinking of going back a little ways and catch up on some older ones that I missed before I try to tackle FotJ.
  23. wobafett Jedi Knight

I think it may have been the audio format, though the rest of the installments were fine as audio books. I also read all the comics before I stared the book series, and those were fantastic.
  24. SnubJockey Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I think I've listened to maybe two books on tape in my life. It doesn't have the same feel, and reading the story to me feels better and more relaxing. Plus I can read really, really quickly. :cool:
    Katana_Sundancer likes this.
  25. CalaelAzasar Force Ghost

star 4
    I happen to love listening to audio books, if they are done well. I think it goes back to being homeschooled and my mom reading books to us. My dad read us The Hobbit and it was glorious. I managed to find one Star Wars audio book at a local library years ago, it was pretty well done.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth