Fanclub X-wing Series Fan Club: Home of the Dancing Gamorrean

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi-Knight-Corran, Jul 12, 2004.

Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. CrazyOldHermit Force Ghost

star 4
    You would think. :p I think I had trouble with both. I really liked Jabba's Palace, Bounty Hunters and one of my favorite books in the EU is Mos Eisley Cantina.
  2. BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF

star 10
    What's that last book like? Spot introductions or something?
  3. CrazyOldHermit Force Ghost

star 4
    It was really good. I think I liked it so much because it takes you back to the beginning of everything and expands on these creatures that we all wondered about for so long. It took my mind off some things that were happening at that time in my life. Wow, that was a long time ago. It was a brand new book. '95 maybe?
  4. BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF

star 10
    Cool. Good reason to like a book. :)
  5. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    I have both, and they're very similar. Loved Jade Solitaire. Cannot remember which one it was in. :p
  6. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    Tales from the New Republic, and speaking of it, I still stand by No Disintegrations, Please and The Last Hand, both by Paul Danner, as fine works that capture what Star Wars is to me, in a way that Del Rey largely hasn't been able to in recent years.
  7. JM_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    Halfway through Book 5: Wraith Squadron and I got to say I think I kinda like Wraith Squadron better then Rogue Squadron (Go ahead boo and hiss at me :p)

Also I can finally see why you guys like Wes so much :p
  8. Runjedirun Chosen One

star 6
    I enjoyed all the Tales books, but I forget most of them now. Would be a great thing to re-read when I can find the time.

JM lots of us like the Wraith Squadron books better than the Rogue Squadron books. I like them both, but Wraith Squadron gets the edge :)
  9. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    Wraith Squadron has this wealth of really interesting characters, and the character interactions are fantastic. And you get a series of arcs within the three books, getting a PoV look at different characters, which is fantastic.
  10. JM_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    I don't know if I'm the only one but for some reason Kell reminds me alot of Corran in some ways
  11. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    Can't say I've ever thought that... *ponders*
  12. BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF

star 10
  13. JM_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    Though I do have one complaint about the book Bacta War. Up to that point I thought that Corran and Mirax's relationship was going just fine and at a steady pace building up to the obvious moment when they get together. But how it was done in the fourth book really bothered me with how it was rushed so fast. I mean You go from close friends in the first three (and yes I know Corran was captured and held captive in the Lusankya for the majority of The Krytos Trap) to dating, sleeping together, proposal, and wedding all in the same book. For some reason that just really rubbed me the wrong way.
  14. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 5
    Those wartime romances, '77!
  15. JM_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
  16. Rebecca_Daniels Chosen One

star 5
    I tend to be split on Rogues/Wraiths because I like Rogue squadron more as a group but the Wraith/Allston books better overall. SoA > all.
  17. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    Although, as a reaction to both of them 'being dead', it really does make a kind of sense. She thought he was dead for over a month, he got off a bit lighter with maybe a day or two - but the revelation of her 'death' came after torture and imprisonment. So, on the whole, a 'we're alive, but oh dear Force, we're not likely to stay that way, quick we gotta make the most of everything' reaction not only works, but gives us a look into the characters themselves. The most notable thing is how they make it all work after that.
    BultarSwan likes this.
  18. CrazyOldHermit Force Ghost

star 4
    I think the Wraiths nudge the Rogues for the number one spot for me. Of course, I kind of look at them as one big x-wing family anyway.
  19. JM_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of both of them and their relationship, it just felt weird how it was handled
  20. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    That's cool, JM. It was rushed and sudden and everything. I'm just doing my usual 'fill in the background with theories' sort of thing.

As for my favourite Squadron... It's so hard to choose. They both have Wedge! (In the books.)

Let me do a list - excluding Wedge because he always wins... even when he doesn't want to! :p
    Fave Rogues - Tycho, Gavin, Corran, Hobbie, Ooryl, Asyr
    Fave Wraiths - Face, Wes, Phanan, Myn, Lara, Piggy, Runt

(Should I count Wes in both squads? I really should.) Which makes it 7 Rogues to 7 Wraiths. A tie. Woof.
  21. JM_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    Is there anything outside of the three x wings books that has wraith squadron i it?
  22. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    NJO: Enemy Lines Duology: Rebel Dream and Rebel Stand. Aaron Allston. Is very good.

And of course, Mercy Kill!
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  23. BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF

star 10
    Yes, Wes counts twice. Or more. [face_love] :p
    Katana_Sundancer likes this.
  24. JM_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    Is it too late to join the wjfc?
  25. BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF

star 10
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth