main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub X-wing Series Fan Club: Home of the Dancing Gamorrean

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi-Knight-Corran, Jul 12, 2004.

1. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    I am too. But still, one does wonder on occasion... [face_thinking]

CrazyOldHermit and zarkinfrood like this.
  2. SnubJockey

SnubJockey Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2009
    This. A thousand times this. I just want to read books in the OT/GCW Era with non-force powered Rebs vs Imps on the rim somewhere. Did that stop after the Wraiths and "Tales of" books in the 90's? (Speaking of, what happened to the "Tales of" books. Some of those had great stories!)

SWBob likes this.
  3. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Kenobi is written by John Jackson Miller.

I'd have read Yoda: Dark Rendezvous years ago if I could have got my hands on it!

I have nearly all of the Tales books, and you're right - some of those stories were truly great. Tales from Jabba's Palace was the first Star Wars book I ever read, and my first introduction to Mara Jade, who I loved even then.

4. SWBob

SWBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 19, 2003
    I always thought they needed that. Like maybe a series where they show the major conflicts from the non big three perspective. I'd love to see a thrawn trilogy book from the perspective of imp solders and maybe switching between them and some garm bel ilbis(sp?) troops maybe a non main storyline noghri.

SnubJockey likes this.
  5. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    X-wing book set during the Thrawn Campaign?

Mirax Terrik and SnubJockey like this.
  6. SnubJockey

SnubJockey Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2009
    Honestly, I really enjoyed the two Boba Fett stories in those books, back when Boba Fett was just a badass bounty hunter with a code instead of an incredibl'a !TruMandalorian!McAwesome secret clone.

No Disentegrations, when Fett takes on an entire Imperial Garrison Base while pursuing the brother of its commander was fantastic, but "The Last One Standing: The Tale of Boba Fett" takes first prize as my favorite short story in Star Wars.

If you haven't read it, read it: An aging Han Solo takes a little break from family and respectability and goes on one last smuggling run to a rimworld planet out of his past, but an old contact informs Boba Fett of his location...

It's good. I mean really good. That Fett is canon for me. :cool:

7. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007

Was that in Tales of the Bounty Hunters? It sounds familiar. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it was good.

I really liked the Tales books, but I had trouble getting into Tales from the Empire. Or was it Tales from the New Republic. [face_thinking]

8. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    You'd think you'd be able to tell the difference! :p ;)

9. CrazyOldHermit

Aug 22, 2007
    You would think. :p I think I had trouble with both. I really liked Jabba's Palace, Bounty Hunters and one of my favorite books in the EU is Mos Eisley Cantina.

10. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    What's that last book like? Spot introductions or something?

11. CrazyOldHermit

Aug 22, 2007
    It was really good. I think I liked it so much because it takes you back to the beginning of everything and expands on these creatures that we all wondered about for so long. It took my mind off some things that were happening at that time in my life. Wow, that was a long time ago. It was a brand new book. '95 maybe?

12. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Cool. Good reason to like a book. :)

13. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    I have both, and they're very similar. Loved Jade Solitaire. Cannot remember which one it was in. :p

14. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Tales from the New Republic, and speaking of it, I still stand by No Disintegrations, Please and The Last Hand, both by Paul Danner, as fine works that capture what Star Wars is to me, in a way that Del Rey largely hasn't been able to in recent years.

15. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Halfway through Book 5: Wraith Squadron and I got to say I think I kinda like Wraith Squadron better then Rogue Squadron (Go ahead boo and hiss at me :p)

Also I can finally see why you guys like Wes so much :p

16. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I enjoyed all the Tales books, but I forget most of them now. Would be a great thing to re-read when I can find the time.

JM lots of us like the Wraith Squadron books better than the Rogue Squadron books. I like them both, but Wraith Squadron gets the edge :)

17. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    Wraith Squadron has this wealth of really interesting characters, and the character interactions are fantastic. And you get a series of arcs within the three books, getting a PoV look at different characters, which is fantastic.

18. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    I don't know if I'm the only one but for some reason Kell reminds me alot of Corran in some ways

19. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    Can't say I've ever thought that... *ponders*

20. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    How do you mean?

21. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    Though I do have one complaint about the book Bacta War. Up to that point I thought that Corran and Mirax's relationship was going just fine and at a steady pace building up to the obvious moment when they get together. But how it was done in the fourth book really bothered me with how it was rushed so fast. I mean You go from close friends in the first three (and yes I know Corran was captured and held captive in the Lusankya for the majority of The Krytos Trap) to dating, sleeping together, proposal, and wedding all in the same book. For some reason that just really rubbed me the wrong way.

22. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Those wartime romances, '77!

23. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    Still no excuse :p

24. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I tend to be split on Rogues/Wraiths because I like Rogue squadron more as a group but the Wraith/Allston books better overall. SoA > all.

25. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    Although, as a reaction to both of them 'being dead', it really does make a kind of sense. She thought he was dead for over a month, he got off a bit lighter with maybe a day or two - but the revelation of her 'death' came after torture and imprisonment. So, on the whole, a 'we're alive, but oh dear Force, we're not likely to stay that way, quick we gotta make the most of everything' reaction not only works, but gives us a look into the characters themselves. The most notable thing is how they make it all work after that.

BultarSwan likes this.