Fanclub X-wing Series Fan Club: Home of the Dancing Gamorrean

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi-Knight-Corran, Jul 12, 2004.

Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. Rogue9-Horn Force Ghost

star 4
    What in the world is happening here? So much computer talk! o_O

Did anyone else see you can buy the entire X-Wing series as a pack now on Amazon? They even have it for Kindle (not that I need to buy the entire series again...or maybe I do!?:D )
    BultarSwan and Katana_Sundancer like this.
  2. Rogue9-Horn Force Ghost

star 4
    Double post[face_peace]
    Last edited by Rogue9-Horn, Oct 25, 2013
  3. Mirax Terrik Chosen One

star 5
    There are a lot of good SW book packs on Amazon. I wish they would come out with a nice hardcover compilation like they did with the Thrawn Trilogy.
  4. Rogue9-Horn Force Ghost

star 4
    Don't we all! I would love to see the X-Wing series in hardback. Come to think of it, were they ever released in hardback, or did they go straight to paperback?
  5. Mirax Terrik Chosen One

star 5
    I saw a copy of Solo Command in my library that was hardback, but the same size as the paperback novels. I imagine they came out in hardback at some point.
  6. BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF

star 10
    They should sell them in hardback again!
  7. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    After reading a fanfic of Wedge, Wes, Hobbie, Tycho and Corran babysitting young Anakin, Jacen and Jaina I really want to read this whole series again.
    SWBob likes this.
  8. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    Mercy Kill was actually the first X-wing novel ever published in hardcover.
  9. Mirax Terrik Chosen One

star 5
    Weird. I'm gonna have to go back to the library and find that book again. I may be going insane and seeing things.
  10. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    You weren't seeing things, I myself have seen at least one of those paperback-size hardcovers before at my own library, but I don't know what the purpose of such a printing could be and the X-wing series before Mercy Kill has only ever been formally referred to as having been published in paperback.
    Last edited by Zeta1127, Oct 29, 2013
    Mirax Terrik likes this.
  11. SWBob Force Ghost

star 4
    I think I may be the only one, but I never cared for Hardcovers. They always seem more of a hassle to read, the cover and all. not to mention the fact that they are 3 or more time as expensive. Give me paperback any day. Though I will admit they hold up to multiple readings better. You should see my copy of SoA. Its about to be retired.
  12. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    Hardbacks need to be for special occasions in the SW Universe, not every minor thing.
    SWBob likes this.
  13. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    My X-wing novels are standing up to the tests of time and obsessive rereadings quite well (despite the fact that the very week I got my own, brand-new copy of Wraith Squadron, I promptly spilled orange juice on it). It's Vision of the Future that's going to need repairing/replacing one of these days (the side effects of being carried in a school bag nearly every day for nearly a year).
    Runjedirun likes this.
  14. Runjedirun Chosen One

star 6
    Hardbacks look nicer on the bookshelf, nice display look for the house. You know if you were to have room for such displays in your home.
    Katana_Sundancer likes this.
  15. Mirax Terrik Chosen One

star 5
    Mine is thoroughly beat up. I'm considering carefully taping the spine with something because I'm seriously worried it's going to fall apart.
  16. Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost

star 5
    Mercy Kill is the first I've gotten new, all of the rest were already used and in terrible condition.
  17. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    I have gotten all of my books new, though my first copy of the OT novelizations fell apart and has been replaced and my brother and I's first copies of Tales from the New Republic and I, Jedi weren't in the best of shape before our cousin ended up with them. Many of my older books I had obtained before my shopping spree last year have worn spines, but other than that, most of my books are in good shape or near new condition, because I have only read most of these copies no more than a few times.
  18. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
  19. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    Apologies for the double post, but...

Anyone have a copy of Wraith Squadron at hand, and is willing to look something up for me? Mine's still packed away from the move. (Bookshelf should be set up tonight!)
  20. SWBob Force Ghost

star 4
    What did you need looked up?
  21. Revanfan1 Chosen One

star 6
    Yeah, tell us what you need!
  22. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks guys! I just need to know when Face Loran was supposedly killed by that ex-Rebel extremist cell. I'm sure Tyria mentioned a Death Star during the conversation, but for the life of me I can't remember which one. (Silly Emperor, making two Death Stars. Silly man.)
  23. Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost

star 5
    I was going to grab the book and find the answer but my copy of Wraith Squadron is missing! :(
  24. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    That's terrible, Becca! *organises search and rescue party*
  25. Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost

star 5
    Unfortunately my room is a disaster zone at the moment so it could be a while.

I do have it on my ereader as well, but the battery is dead. Wait! It's alive.

Aha! "I thought you were dead! Seven, eight years ago. The story broke just before the news about the first Death Star."
  26. Mirax Terrik Chosen One

star 5
    Looking at my copy of Wraith Squadron, it's on page 56 when everyone meets everyone else at Downtime. Towards the middle of Chapter 5.

Edit: Becca beat me to it!
    Last edited by Mirax Terrik, Nov 3, 2013
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth