main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub X-wing Series Fan Club: Home of the Dancing Gamorrean

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi-Knight-Corran, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Wedge Test sounds brilliant! :D We all need such standards in life.
    Also, it kind of reminds me of this CH sketch (feat. a rarely seen NJO reference).

SnubJockey and BultarSwan like this.
  2. SnubJockey

SnubJockey Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2009
    This is great!

And thanks for the opinions folks. She's still working on the Han trilogy, so it'll be a while and maybe 10 books is a bit much. I need to branch out a bit too. Haven't found much to fill that X-Wing-sized hole in my reading list besides the Vorkosigan Saga, and the most recent book there was a bit of a disappointment.

3. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Yeah, breaking it down is a good idea. And maybe she'll love them so much that she won't need a break in between and will just blaze through the lot.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

BultarSwan and SnubJockey like this.
  4. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    There are new Vorkosigan books?! I'm looking at the wiki for the series just now and boy did I miss out. Stopped reading around Diplomatic Immunity. That's probably end up being a part pf my summer reading list.

5. SnubJockey

Jan 23, 2009
    IMO read diplomatic immunity, then the last few drabbles of Cryoburn.

Then check out the Forward Momentum Fic.

The last two books were not up to snuff in my opinion. Feels like Bujold didn't even want to write them.

6. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Ah, the classic ol' lets stretch out a series into baillion books cuz $$$.
    Thanks for the recommendation btw!

7. SnubJockey

Jan 23, 2009
    Well I mean it's not at Honor Harrington-level but those were never really great. Vorkosigan was.

If anyone wants/needs more book or fic recs, feel free to hit me up through PM with the type of stuff you like, I love to read and talk recs and hopefully stumble onto new things.

8. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    What's the first book of the Vorkosigan saga? I'd like to see if it's at the library next time I go.

9. SnubJockey

Jan 23, 2009
    Well the Saga is about the entire Vorkosigan Family. "The Warrior's Apprentice" is the first "Miles" book, but The Cordelia's Honor/Barrayar duology show how his parents (on opposite sides of a war) meet and fall for each other.

Katana_Sundancer likes this.
  10. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I went to the local comic shop to get the latest Poe Dameron comic today and I saw that they had a Soontir Fel & Isard action figure duo from years ago. Unfortunately the quality was less than ideal so I didn't get it, but does anyone have those? It was just nice to see some "familiar faces" at the shop today.

11. SnubJockey

Jan 23, 2009
    I got Soontir in a double pack with Hobbie to complete my Fab Four desktop collection at work. I had already found Wedge Tycho and Wes :)

Katana_Sundancer and BultarSwan like this.
  12. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I just found a Wedge Lego figure. Now if I can just find the rest...I can't really justify buying the entire Hoth set just to get Wes.

13. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    This makes me sad that I stopped spending money on such stuff. I'd love to have those. Being responsible with my money is so not fun.

14. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    There are so many things I'd love to own - I always wanted the Lego X-wing, but it just cost a bit more than I was willing to spend.

SnubJockey likes this.
  15. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I got a Lego x-wing for Christmas many moons ago. High school, I think. I remember putting it together while watching an NBA game in my parents living room. It was the perfect day.

16. SnubJockey

Jan 23, 2009
    Yeah. These are the first SW figs I've gotten in a while. I've made it a project to pick up the Fab Four if they're reasonably priced, and at least one example of each Rebel Fightercraft, but that's about it. I already had an X-Wing proto from years back, but managed to find a smallish A-Wing (Blue) a Y-Wing, and a B-Wing built by an obscure Japanese company at my local Hardware store for $8 each.

The X-Wing minis game models are SUPER cool but Soooooooooooooo expensive. I wanted to like the game more but when I played it it was sorta meh.

A buddy of mine and I made Star Wars Legos before Lego made Star Wars Legos. The highlights were me making an X-Wing and the confrontation in the Emperor's throne room with custom built lightsabers.

He made a giant AT-AT. (5th/6ish grade?)

17. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I do love the details of the ships in the X-Wing Miniatures and the art on the cards that comes with them. I picked up the YT-2400 because it's the Outrider :p but it got lonely on the shelf and I had to get it friends and now I have a fleet… I still need to get the stand alone X-Wing so I can get the Wedge card for it. I don't have anyone to play the game with so I haven't attempted it but the ships look great on display.

I never tried the physical LEGO Star Wars kits but they do look good and a few of my friends collect them. I've been sticking to the LEGO games instead.

18. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    The Lego games are fun.

19. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    They are fun though! I think LEGO Jurassic World and The Clone Wars are my favourites so far. The Force Awakens one should be out about now.

It would have been nice if they went more into the EU and got some of the novels covered in LEGO form.

Runjedirun and Blackhole E Snoke like this.
  20. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    Ooh, that'd be awesome! Lego: X-wing! The Rogues and (especially) Wraiths are perfect for the goofy cutscenes that the Lego games do.

21. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    [​IMG]

I know its Poes, but my son gave me the set for Mothers Day and we completed it last week as a team. Gotta love spending Lego time with your 16 year old son!

22. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    Woo! Nice gift!

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  23. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000

As a Mother's Day gift? You raised that boy right!!! =D=

I haven't got the Lego Force Awakens yet. I wish it was on Wii; I find the PS controllers uncomfortable. Oh well.

Totally agree with Sundancer... picture SoA as a Lego game?

24. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I did, didn't I? And his name is Luke. ;) Sadly I only got one out of two. My daughter declared last year that she wasn't a fan.....and as she is marrying a former TF.N board member, I am a little confused by that one! :p

CalaelAzasar likes this.
  25. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    That is one awesome Mother's Day gift, Adalia-Durron! :D

Yuss! What I wouldn't give for Lego Janson and Kettch!