main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub X-wing Series Fan Club: Home of the Dancing Gamorrean

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi-Knight-Corran, Jul 12, 2004.

1. SnubJockey

SnubJockey Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2009
    Not sure when the next one will be up, but here's the podcast so far.

Katana_Sundancer and Amon_Amarth like this.
  2. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Awright, someone here will know this... what was Janson's rank at the end of the Vong war?

3. SnubJockey

Jan 23, 2009
    Its
    It's been a while since I've read them but I believe he entered Borealis leading the re-constituted Tanaab Yellow Aces as a Colonel (possibly in the reserves) and knowing how promotion-shy the Fab Four are he likely retired as one... unless he has a greatful Planetary Defence Force promote him to General just to mess with Wedge of course!

4. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Oh, he'd do anything to mess with Wedge! [face_devil] Thanks, SnubJockey. That helps.

SnubJockey likes this.
  5. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    IIRC, in LOTF he flying in the Rakehell Squadron to destroy Centerpoint, so not sure about that general rank. That said, Rakehells were a mix of veterans, so who knows what titles Wes might have decorated himself with.

SnubJockey likes this.
  6. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    I suppose they could have made him a general, knowing he'd be retiring soon, so unable to take much advantage of it...:D And maybe panicking when he came back for LOTF? "We made him a...why did we do that??!!!"

SnubJockey likes this.
  7. SnubJockey

Jan 23, 2009
    Collecting Shiny Things

"But Hobs, 'General Janson' just has such a nice ring to it! And the Tanaabian Triarchy were looking at me so earnestly. I couldn't possibly turn it down."

"Oh please. You just wanted to even up with Wedge before you re-retired again. I bet Iryini told you the Tanaabian insignia looks good too."

"Depends on who's wearing it, Commander Klivian."

"You do know the Corellian Defense Forces just promoted Wedge to mess with the Kuat defense force promotion schedule, right?"

"Huh?"

The normally dour Raltiriiran's face formed a smile as thin as a Sith's good nature. "Admiral Antilles has such a nice ring to it, don't you agree, General."

"Traitor."

Use as you will.

8. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    You rock, Snubbie! Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Or maybe Air Marshal?

Nope, Wes's retirement (again) is all written up and should be in Fan Fic by the end of the week... [face_devil] And we really need Ewok emojis. We really do.

10. Anakin 99

Anakin 99 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 27, 2016
    was Erisi being revealed as the Spy a Surprise or did everyone saw it coming

11. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Okay. I need some input here. Tried FanFiction and I think they're drawing a blank. Let's talk: Awards and decorations of the Alliance (before the New Republic is established). I've been looking through the Wook and it's a big contradiction. It seems as if EVERYTHING is "the highest medal awarded for bravery, etc.

I'm trying to figure out a ranking system from lowest to highest (not including things specific to particular campaigns; I'm talking generally). It seems like the three most basic awards for heroism/bravery are:
    Burdine Cluster
    Star of Alderaan
    Corellian Cross

Followed by:
    Bronze Nova for Gallantry

Somewhere in here seems to be a Rohal Cross and a Platinum Valor Cross?

Then:
    Kalidor Crescent (which later gets all kinds of embellishments)

And at the top (unclear on which is the highest):
    Alliance Medal of Honor
    Medal of Honor
    Medal of Bravery

Obviously the issue is that different writers/creators came up with different awards at different times and didn't see what was already in existence (typical Canon/Legends issue). So, I dunno... Anyone want to weigh in? Thoughts, suggestions, other sources to consult?

12. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Denis Lawson is going to be at Celebration! Initiate fangirl meltdown sequence in 3...2...

13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Really? Last I heard he was totally done with SW. Hope he's not just doing it for money.

14. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Dunno. He's on the guest list. Guess we'll find out!

15. SnubJockey

Jan 23, 2009
    Amon_Amarth and Force Smuggler like this.
  16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Is there a Lt. Kettch action figure?

But awesome to see one for Jaina! [face_party]

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  17. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Yay for Jaina indeed - and it's a StealthX pilot version! :D

And I second that Kettch figure!

18. MaraLovesXwings

MaraLovesXwings Jedi Knight

Aug 6, 2017
    OMG! I was just going through this thread - I think this used to be DownTime WAAAAAAAAAAAY back in the days of the dinosaur! Damned if I can remember my old password, but this takes me back. All the spam and such [face_rofl] AND THE SMILEYS!!!

*starts singing memories*

Ah, good times....

19. imiller

imiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Part of me wishes/hopes that the hard work Rogue Podron were putting out would revitalize the thread. I mean, it's great tweeting with them back and forth, but their discovering these amazing books now, over two decades later (wow, I'm old), for the first time, makes me hanker for the joys of talking about X-Wing again.

SnubJockey and CalaelAzasar like this.
  20. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    I've just been re-reading, just finished Iron Fist. I've been following the Poe Dameron comics, but it's not quite the same... [face_sigh]

Maybe we just need a fresh topic...if there is one.

21. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    What do you mean, a fresh topic? A new thread, or a topic of discussion?

Also, I agree - the Poe comics are fun, but they're just not as well done as the X-Wing Rogue Squadron ones - it's too divorced from the structural considerations of the New Republic/Resistance.

22. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    A fresh topic of discussion. Have we utterly exhausted all things related to our favorite flybeings?

The comics suffer from not having the space for character development and world building. They're a sketch as opposed to a painting. Fun, but I don't feel like you can really dig in. I do wish they could do more to talk about the relationship between the Republic and the Resistance; the implication is that the Republic is secretly supporting the Resistance, and I'd love to know more about that and how they are pulling it off. But to discuss further, I think we'd have to migrate over to Literature...

23. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Well, I did think that Before the Awakening by Greg Rucka had a Poe chapter that was pretty much exactly like an X-Wing short story. I wish the Poe comic had the same feeling.

Revanfan1 and Mistress_Renata like this.
  24. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I was going to hold off on this post until next week, but as the nexu is out of the bag elsewhere...

Several years back this fanclub had a loose affiliation with an RPG game which helped to spur activity among our club members here and I've been thinking of doing something along rather similar lines. A "training game" for users who might not have RPed before (but open to everyone) set just after the battle of Hoth following a squadron of outcasts and misfits (loosely based on Wraith Squadron) as they conduct various missions against the Empire, mostly via their starfighters, but every now and again on commando style operations behind enemy lines (again borrowing from Wraith Squadron).

The game would be set up with various chapters, each chapter detailing our squadron's attempts to deal with a different threat while the prologue would actually take place during the Battle of Hoth allowing for everyone to get their feet wet rather quickly. The question I have for you all, is this something that would be of interest? I know many of this fanclub's members have since moved on, but figure a chance to play around in adventures loosely based on some of our favorite heroes might help bring some back to the fold and bring in some new members as well.

25. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Me! Oh, me pick me! Over here!

Sarge and Bardan_Jusik like this.