main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub X-wing Series Fan Club: Home of the Dancing Gamorrean

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi-Knight-Corran, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

I have not, but wow, that's a nice image. I saw the Aquitens on Rebels and thought it looked like a nice juicy target there, so it should work for us too. :p

I've had lag in very short threads though too (in fact yesterday's update in the game was affected by lag issues). There seems at this point no rhyme or reason behind the lags (trust me, it's being discussed behind closed doors), though on the old forums I know threads were locked/restarted at around the 1,000 page mark as we still carry that tradition on today to some extent.
    We've been experimenting in EUC and SWC with allowing some threads to go on longer than 1,000 pages and so far there haven't seemed to be any ill effects. I'd really hate to start another X-Wing thread and lock down what historically came before us so soon after we have breathed new life into the thread.

2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  3. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Well, another wingman gone... farewell, Blue! But he went out a hero. :)

4. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I think you just inspired my next reply tomorrow [face_cowboy]

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  5. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Inspiration, hmmmmm, where do I find some please?

BookExogorth likes this.
  6. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I've got plenty of inspiration, but I'm a bit short on time these days after the crazy week I just had. Outsourced I'm leaving the fate of Commander Craven in your capable hands (although I'm not excluding a very short, last-minute intervention if Koruga and Captain Wystari don't get along too well :p )

7. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    A medic has already been called for Commander Craven ;)

I hope everything is okay for you, Chyntuck.

Mistress_Renata and Chyntuck like this.
  8. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Yes, I saw that yesterday when I skimmed through your post (I need to go back and read more in detail). I don't put it past Koruga to knock out the medic too though :p

And thanks, I'm good. It's just that I had a busy week and now I'm playing catch-up with various aspects of my life.

Mistress_Renata likes this.
  9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Time, I could use some of that too!!

BookExogorth likes this.
  10. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    You have a point there about Koruga :p

Glad that everything is okay :) I can relate to the busy week too.

Chyntuck likes this.
  11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Adalia-Durron, I love your new avatar. Is there a bigger version you can share with us?

Mistress_Renata likes this.
  12. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    A lot of bluffing & trash-talking on your part? :D Time is on your side, after all...

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    That should work. Much as I love Don Garbage, he's not the smoothest barrel in the carburetor.

Mistress_Renata and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  14. SnubJockey

SnubJockey Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2009
    Looks like I nuked both posts, so here we go again!

Hey folks, while working on my Legendsverse AU pilot story, I Stumbled across an older list of fighters, slang, and doctrine from an old forum post, mostly Legends!stuff but could be more broadly useful when writing action or doctrine. I figured I'd leave it here and hope it's of use to more than just me!

(Not much of an RP'er/haven't tried much so I've not been posting here a ton, but I figured y'all could use this for inspiration/in-verse lingo)
    Enjoy!

15. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Good find, SnubJockey! This will be super helpful! I've never RP'ed either, so this is all new to me.

Can I do some groveling to get you to grace Fan Fiction with something new? Loved your last!

Rebecca_Daniels and SnubJockey like this.
  16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003

[​IMG]

Ask and ye shall receive........

17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Cool! Thanks, Addy.

Something I've been wanting to tell y'all and kept forgetting: most of you can probably get one flying lesson cheaper than you think. Every flying school I've ever heard of offers the first lesson at a big discount. They figure a cheap price on the first flight will attract more people, and if they like it they'll be willing to pay regular prices for more flying lessons. So it might be worth your while to look for a flight school at the nearest airport and see if you can get your first pilot lesson.

Another good way to get in the air is to look for an EAA Eagle flight in your area. It's basically a free ride in a small plane just for fun. https://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/aviation...ry-flights-for-free/eaa-eagle-flights-program

And if you're less than 18, EAA has flown over 2 million Young Eagles flights. That's been going on for years. The Young Eagles program has been chaired by Chuck Yeager (yes, THE Chuck Yeager!) and Harrison Ford (ditto). https://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/aviation.../eaa-youth-education/eaa-young-eagles-program

18. SnubJockey

SnubJockey Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2009
    It's not anyone grovelling as much as me doing battle with my own writer's block. I'm still working on Alternate Antilles, and I know what I want to do, it's just getting words on the page that's tricky.

Mistress_Renata and BookExogorth like this.
  19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Man, I knew Kayn would be an egotistical son of a barve, but he's getting out of hand. Somebody should do something about that guy. [face_devil]

20. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    How about I show him up? :p

Bardan_Jusik and Sarge like this.
  21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Daughters 21st over, recovery today, tomorrow I hope to write and post.

22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

A cunning strategy, worthy even of a Mandalorian. :p

Adalia-Durron and Sarge like this.
  23. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I don't know what the aurabesh in the middle says, but to me it looks like Striker flight leaving Hoth.

[​IMG]

24. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Wow, that looks great!

Anyway was struck by a random idea of the team infiltrating an Imperial event on some planet, going in disguise... With all sorts of hilarity and mayhem.

Sarge and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

Oh such a mission is already in the works. :p Probably following some "down time" after Hoth is over and we have a "get to know you" period for our characters once the squadron is formed and assigned to the Intrepid. I may put a "sink the Bismark" type mission before the "Imperial Event" though to make everyone's first mission together a combat one, not sure yet. If I can I may try to combine them, we'll see.

26. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    Joy will be thrilled to get back in an Imperial uniform :p

27. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Yeah, and the rest of our humans will be thrilled to have you teach them to act like uniformed Imperial humans. :p

28. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    :cool: It will be easier to teach children to act like uniformed Imperials...