main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X-Wing Series

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Beowulf81, Jan 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beowulf81

Beowulf81 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 27, 2000
    Who else is addicted to this series. The character development was astounding and space battle detail amazing. I am really disappointed that no more books are going to be added. I continually find myself re-reading the series - especially the Bacta War and Wraith Squadron.

Since the Republic is continually having to turn more and more into the way they were when they were the Rebellion, I think it would be a great idea to have another similar series.

I would especially like to hear something mentioned in the new books about Wraith Squadron. I know they were disbanded and put into the intelligence division but you would think a team put together by THE Wedge Antilles would show up in more than just one book.

What do you think?

2. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Technically, they weren't disbanded, they were transfered. And the Wraiths are mentioned in..... Well, not sure if the spoiler period on SbS is still up so since this isn't a spoiler thread, you'll have to PM me for what I was going to say. I will say this, however. Since Alston is going to be doing some NJO books, the Wraiths may appear in the NJO.

3. casmeraantilles

casmeraantilles Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2002
    I am deffinately addicted to the x-wing series.
    who is your fav charector?
    and which is better wraith or rouge?

4. mirax_T

mirax_T Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 1999
    fave character(s): wedge antilles, tycho celchu, and corran horn of rogue squadron, and face loran and myn donos of the wraith squadron.

how 'bout fave book in the series? mine is most likely SFoA....

5. jastermereel

jastermereel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 1998
    i just realized......the original x-wing series happened in the backround as the other events with the major characters took center stage in the galaxy......what if after the NJO this era were revisited in much the same way...from the rogue's POV?...i mean...i know aaron alston is writing soon but...if he and mas could be rounded up after this whole vong thing is finished...this could be rather interesting...

6. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    I always have either a x-wing or wraith squadron book on my nightstand. The Bacta War and Iron Fist are my favorites. Hopefully, we'll see more of them in the future especially with Allston writing some of the NJO books. Actually, I enjoyed all of the characters in the stories. Stackpole and Allston take the time to develop the characters. Obviously, Wedge is at the top of the list of my favorite characters. But I'm really fascinated with 'Piggy.' He has intelligence and strength and he diplomatically handled the nightclub scene with Falynn. Most likely, the Rogues and Wraiths in the future books will be ranking officers of the next generation of "kids."

7. Beowulf81

Jan 27, 2000
    Everybody loves Wedge. Other than that I think Tycho is my favorite character.

Jastermereel that is what I was thinking. I hope that the writers realize that the Jedi rock and all but the xwing pilots is what turned the Rebellion into the Republic and must play as large of a role in the new books as they did in the old.

Rereading Wraith Squadron starting today. I just finished Bacta War yesterday.

8. MOTs_Minx

MOTs_Minx Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 26, 2000
    Tsk!

I dont love Wedge.

//sigh - Corran
    //sigh - Tycho
    //sigh - Wes
    //sigh - Myn Donos
    //sigh - Face Loran
    //sigh - Kel Tainer
    //sigh - Corran...oh wait..I said him already.

The XWing series is my fave...I Jedi is my fave EU book.

9. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    I just re-read the whole series. I definitely like the Wraith books better, but Isard's Revenge was much better than I remembered.

10. Beowulf81

Jan 27, 2000
    What's wrong with Wedge?!?

11. neimoidian_85

neimoidian_85 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Now tell me, wouldn't you rather be getting new Rogue and Wraith books than NJO books?

I just liked them more, sorry.

12. Beny_Onbe

Beny_Onbe Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2001
    There's nothing wrong with Wedge, but my faves are Corran Horn and Myn Donos- I like Tycho and Wedge too, but not as much as those two. I keep rereading Solo Command-poor Myn.

13. Warlord_Ken

Warlord_Ken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    I actually found Allston's books a little boring. So naturally I favor the Rogues over the Wraiths.

14. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    I liked Allston's books better, actually. I remember being pleasantly surprsied as to how great his books were. I certainly wasnt expecting them to be as good as they were. Hell, Iron Fist is in my top five favorite EU books ever. To me it is the bench mark of the XWing series. Allston's characterizations were amazing as was his deftness at mixing space opera with liberal amounts of comedy. I look forward to Rebel Dream with great anticipation.

Thats not to take anything away from MAS. I loved his XWing books as well, and those books are the reason I read the Wraith books.

15. Communista

Communista Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2001
    Love the X-Wing books, becuase they create and focus on a whole bunch of new characters. Don't like Isard's Revenge too much but Allston's books are great. I was pleasantly surprised by Starfighters fo Adumar

Gotta love Wes Janson.

adious amigos

16. Communista

Communista Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2001
    Oh, and the scene where the Wraiths are trapped in the incinerator is one of the coolest moments in the whole EU, IMHO.

17. Mandalore74

Mandalore74 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    I always like Myn Donos. You gotta love the scene where he is picking off stormtroopers from a roof across the street.

18. CloneofPhanan

CloneofPhanan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2000
    Ton Phanan is the best character in the X-Wing series.

19. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    X-Wing series is the best long series better than NJO right now, even though NJO is catching up

20. wilde_karrde2002

wilde_karrde2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2002
    I like the Wraiths slightly more than the Rogues. I generally like Stackpole's writing better, when all his EU work is considered. But the Wraiths were so entertaining.

Wedge is my favorite character, narrowly edging out Lt. Ketch. Wedge showed great versatiliy in being able to lead two diverse squadrons, as well as navigating the minefields presented by NR politics. And Lt. Ketch, well, he's the only cool Ewok.

21. DaJames2

DaJames2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2002
    Of course, it makes sense. The only cool Ewok is a fictional Ewok :)

22. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    yub yub DaJames2.

I would have liked more books maybe. Only if they could keep them fresh. After a while one would look like another. I don't think they should go back after the NJO and do Xwing Books. I think they have been doing a good job using RS in the main story line. Having Jaina join the group was a great idea.

I would like to see more of the wraiths. The only problem is we are dealing with events some 10-15 years after the last couple x wing novels. It wouldn't make sense for all the same Characters to still be involved in the same High risk Outfit. Some would have had to move on to other things. Sure one or two like the Rouges but not the whole squad.

I guess with the GFFA going in the toilet you could argue they came back. That might work.

23. Agonizer_181

Agonizer_181 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2001
    X-Wing series kick a$$

24. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    I read Wraith Squadron in 6 days, Iron Fist in 5, and Solo Command in 3. I couldn't put them down. Now, I'm reading Mein Kampf, and it's putting me asleep, but I've decided to read for education instead of entertainment now, so... Bible's next. :s

Anyway, go Corran and Wedge!

The character interacting is what really makes these books great.

25. casmeraantilles

casmeraantilles Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2002
    I think out of all of them that SFOA is my fav, because it is funny.
    Out of all af the charectors Wedge is my fav.
    When I was reading them all I could not put them down. I just sat in my room reading them and then I started to anoy my parents by always going on about Rouge squadron.
    Yub Yub

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.