main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive X-Wing: Spearhead

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DancesWithBlasters

DancesWithBlasters Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 22, 2006
    IC: Conner

"Um, well, not really, I guess," Conner said, sliding his chair back. "Thank you, sir. I'm glad for the oppurtunity."

Conner stood up, turned towards the door, than stopped in his tracks for a moment, and twisted his head back, looking Neitzsche in the eyes. "I just left a lot behind, sir. I can't tell for the life of me why I let that go. But you don't need to worry, I'm not going to leave the Rebellion. I'm just not sure I believe, any more. I," he looked puzzled, "don't know what democracy's like. But until this is all over, I'll be here, sir. I will. It's just . . . . " he shrugged and flushed.

"Um, I'll just go now," he mutterd, and dashed out the door. He headed towards the dining hall, despite not feeling very hungry.

The only familar face was black jumpsuit girl. Slightly reluctantly he sat down across from her, and smiled.

"You're in Chimera, too, right?"

TAG: Minra, PRENN, anyone

2. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    IC: Cmdr. Thor Nietzsche
    Office, Home One

"Ah yes. I will certainly be flying with you. I wouldn't really have right to tell you what to do, if I wasn't willing to do it." Thor smiled. "And we are unclear at what our permanent home will be. For the first part of our training, it will be here...but it is very likely that at some point, we will be moving elswhere." Thor stood up, and motioned toward the door.

"Well, that concludes our meeting. Thank you for stopping by...and remeber, my door is always open."

TAG: Caesar

[b]IC: Cmdr. Thor Nietzsche[/b]
    [i]Office, Home One[/i]

Thor let a slight grin form on his mouth. "Yes...if you don't have any questions to ask me, we are done."

[b]TAG: E_J[/b]

[hr]

[i]Office, Home One[/i]

"Yes, indeed you were. Well first, let me say welcome to the squadron. Second, I would like to ask you, why are you here? In terms of with the rebellion, and with this squadron?" As he was talking, Thor took a sip of a lukewarm cup of caf sitting on his desk. Apparently, it was against the law for there to be [i]hot[/i] caf anywhere near this ship...

[b]TAG: Rilwen[/b]

[hr]

[i]Office, Home One[/i]

Thor sat back in thought at what this young man had just said. It wasn't long before he broke the silence, though.

"Well, we are glad to have you hear...and I must say, you seem very sane to me." He folded his hands on his desk. "Well, now I need to make a rough roster for tomorrow, so I need to ask you another question. What skills do you have? Special skills, I mean. It has already been noted that you are a gifted pilot, but you were also brought here because you have other skils as well. What is it you bring to the table?"

[b]TAG: S_L[/b]

[hr]

[i]Office, Home One[/i]

The young pilot stood up to leave, and mumbled somthing. It was a rather awkward dismissal, but Thor did his best to make things comfortable. "Well, I suppose I'll see you tomorrow. Thanks for coming by!"

[b]TAG: Dances[/b]

3. Nethrin

Nethrin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 6, 2006
    IC: Minra

Minra smiled at the other pilot as he sat down. She wasnt looking for someone to talk to but it would be nice.

"You're in Chimera, too, right?"

"Yea, I'm in it. Minra Tekla is my name. Your name is... um, sorry, all I can remember is what that one guy called you: C-man. Whats you REAL name?"

She took one more sip from her drink as she looked the man over. He was tall and somewhat handsome but there was something strange about him.

TAG: Conner

4. Jedi_Caesar

Jedi_Caesar Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    IC: Kith Xiese

"That's all I wanted to know,commander.

And you ought to close that door once in a while,you'll catch pneumonia."

Kith smiled and left the office.

Now Kith was headed for the cantina.Once he got there he sat in a seat by the bar and ordered a drink.He'll eat later.
    Kith said "Hello there C-Man,hello Minra."

Kith decided to just sit there and not slip in their conversation and let them talk.

As the drink arrived,he took a sip and turned to the gambling table.It looked interesting and he decided to watch it for a while.

TAG:Anyone who wants to join in on a drink and a talk

5. Darth_Meerkat

Darth_Meerkat Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2006
    IC: Tharc

"You'll find nothing in the drink. If I were going to poison you, I would be more creative than that." Tharc's confident, cocky, and somewhat arrogant grin slipped from his face. He turned and stared unblinking at the man. When he spoke, gone was most of the civility and kindness he had shown before.

"Apparently not. You seem to forget that I have seen many men poisened, but I didn't say all of them were fatal. Nerf milk, while not the best substance in the galaxy, its simplicity allows a variety of poisens and inhibitors to be slipped in, while the taste covers up any trace of the substance. The best would of course be water, but who drinks water in games of chance? And, of course, your body language was a little different, as if you were facing a challenge, when we all ordered different drinks. My father spent a lot of time on Lorrd," Tharc said, in response to the unanswered question. "He picked up a lot. Passed it onto ner vod-my brother-who in turn passed it on to me." Tharc pulled his helmet onto his head, and leaned back in his chair, waiting for his turn to come.

TAG: Cards

OOC: So, what are we doing? Going by get a face-down, face-up, face-up, face-down, face-up? All cards in one go? And, most importantly...does the dealer play?

6. Sith_Lords

Sith_Lords Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    IC: Ar'Jar Vena

"Well, we are glad to have you hear...and I must say, you seem very sane to me." He folded his hands on his desk. "Well, now I need to make a rough roster for tomorrow, so I need to ask you another question. What skills do you have? Special skills, I mean. It has already been noted that you are a gifted pilot, but you were also brought here because you have other skils as well. What is it you bring to the table?"

"Thank you Sir. It means a lot to me. Please, can you not let the others know of my... problem?" Ar'Jar asked, than answered his COs question. "What other skills do I have? I was a bounty hunter for 3 years. A good one I'm told. I can track prey moderately well, but am best as a marksman, or a slicer. Just give me a rifle. My skills with a vibroblade is pretty good also, I can hold my own in a fight with one. I guess let's about it. My armour has an inbuilt jet pack, and grappling hook too."

TAG: MP

7. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    IC: Josh Falen
    ~Office, Home One~

"Well, I'm sorry about your friend," said Thor. "I know what it's like...to lose someone...close." Faintly, and briefly, Thor had a look on his face that suggested that that was a sensitive subject. But, he was able to hide his emotions. Josh hoped he could do that soon.

"But," Thor continued, that look on his face vanished. "I expect you plan on holding your drinking...and fighting...in check while you are hear? From what I can find out, you've got potential. It'd really be a shame to lose you for something as dumb as a bar fight..."

Josh nodded. "Yes, sir," he replied. "But, you don't have to worry about that, I don't drink anymore...ever since then." He was telling the truth; he had not taken a drink since three months ago. He had thought about it, but the thought that he could have been at Hoth with Hal to save his life far outweighed the other thought. He blamed what happened on drinking, not on errors that went wrong at Hoth.

TAG: MASTERPRENN

8. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    IC: Kirri Nos
    Office

Kirri nodded and took a seat in the small but practical office, glancing around a little before looking at the commander. She shifted in her seat a little, trying to look comfortable but anyone looking could tell she was not. She put her hands in her lap

"Thank you sir. What is it you need of me?"

9. DancesWithBlasters

Jan 22, 2006

He flashed a grin and shook his head on hearing C-Man again. "I guess that's going to stick, huh? I'm Conner Jonsin, nice to meet you."

Inwardly he frowned and contemplated the woman across from him. First impressions tended to be mistaken, and he hoped it was the case with her. There didn't see to be anything inherently wrong with her, she just seemd . . . was flightly the word? Maybe not. Just flirty, and something else, something Conner couldn't quite get a hold of. Probably the reason she was here, on the "Tainted" as that other woman had said.

She didn't seem half as messed up as most of the others on the squadron, which was a relief. Finding someone like himself was always a good thing, but his instincts told him not to trust the stranger quite yet. It was best to get to know her first.

"So, um, how long have you been with the Alliance?" he asked, cupping his mug.

TAG: Neithrin

OOC: Odd, huh? I'm offended! ;)

10. ewok_jedi

ewok_jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 5, 2005
    IC: Izen Dagar
    Thor's Office

He grinned inwardly to himself as he saw his commander grin slightly before saying "Yes...if you don't have any questions to ask me, we are done."[/color, this was going to be a fun assignment after all but he was quite sure a grin wouldn't be what that man gave him when the truth came out in the end. Oh well best to play the part now, and get along with my mission he thought to himself lightly, he would have to get to know more of the squadron.

?I do have one further question sir, what will become of my Z-95? It is quite litterally all I own, my home..? He asked politely for he needed to know what would become of his own personal ship though it might be outdated it was all he had now...

TAG: Prenn

11. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    IC: RPT-03-H
    Home One: Office

"Ah yes, RPT-03-H , please come in. Please, take a seat."

The droid complied. A thought occurred to him that he was one of very few reasonably standardized droid models that actually sat. The moments of superiority he felt over other droids occurred far less frequently than those he felt over organics, but they were just as sweet to the superior droid.

"Captain, I am impressed that you discerned my identity from the sound of my knock. It takes a less inferior type of organic to recieve hearing so acute.

"You wanted to meet with me?"

Tag: Thor

12. Nethrin

Jun 6, 2006

"Ive only been part of the Alliance for a couple months. Before that I was in the Hapan Fleet. How about yourself? How long you been here?"

She put her cup down and leaned toward him, a serious look on her face. She raised one eyebrow as she spoke.

"And more importantly, WHY are you here? Everyone in this squadron had some "issues" or a bad record. Mines greed, whats yours."

Her questions were full agression. She didnt was the reputation of a fairy princess girly-girl. When she wasnt all flirty with everyone she was hard as a rock. A backstabber.

TAG: Conner

13. DancesWithBlasters

Jan 22, 2006

Conner sat up ram-rod straight and his face turned to stone as the woman began her questioning. His eyebrows shot up and his eyes widened, as she started what seemed like an interrorgation. Who was she to question him? Had he been this rude to her? Certainly not.

In a harsh voice he pronounced, "You have no right to ask me that, as a stranger. But you know what, I'll tell you anyway. The war's why I'm here. I've been here a year and half and I've seen things no one should ever see. I've seen more death and torture than I thought possible! I've killed, and I've killed! Do you understand? There are days when I wake up, and I can't even face myself!! I've ended hundreds of lives, of men and women just like me! I swore I would save lives, but now I'm a monster! I," Conner took giant gluping breathes to calm himself, "I've done horrible, horrible things, and I've watched better men than me die by my side. Did you know, I've given up comming my friends and family, because I'm ashamed of what I've done? I can never look them in the eye again. Your problem's greed. Mine's guilt. Is that good enough an answer for you?"

He buried his head in his hands, then lifted it for a moment and said, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have reacted that way. War does," he paused for a moment and gulped, "bad things to you."

Conner stared down at his caf, brooding. Oh, he was most certainly going make friends acting the way he had!

With a sigh, he repeated, "Listen, I'm sorry. I'm just not, not totally okay." He laughed slightly bitterly. "I think I've made that incredibly clear. I didn't mean to offend you in any way. It's not you," he stressed, "it's me, it's my memory."

TAG: Minra

14. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    IC: Mrrva Treel

"Yes, indeed you were. Well first, let me say welcome to the squadron. Second, I would like to ask you, why are you here? In terms of with the rebellion, and with this squadron?"

Mrrva let her jaw drop in a feline, very distinctive, smile. "The Empire didn't like my furrr," she said dryly. It was a fairly humourous understatement, referring to the humanocentric policies often noticed in the Empire. "And I was sent herre because someone else didn't like my fur either...or my claws. I don't like being insulted, and I told him thisss very plainly." No doubt Thor's records already contained reference to this matter, the argument that had sent the Cathar here.

Mrrva's tail twitched slightly as she watched Thor, her large golden eyes rarely blinking. "Sseriously, though, I ssaw what the Empirrre doess. Bezzer to have ssomeone in charge who is lesss crruel." Her disgust with the Empire was plain, showing through as her accent thickened with the emotion. It had always been thus- if Mrrva became agitated, or disgusted, or upset, her accent increased as her conscious control over her Basic decreased.

Tag: Thor Nietzche

15. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    IC: Cmdr. Thor Nietzsche
    Office, Home One

"Of course this will stay between us. You can trust me. I am glad to hear you are multi-talented. I will keep that in mind." Thor leaned back in his chair once more. "Well, that is all I wanted to talk to you about. Is there anything you wanted to adress or ask me? If not, than you are dismissed."

TAG: S_L

[i]Office, Home One[/i]

Thor smiled. "Well that is certianly good to hear. That's all I really wanted to talk to you about. You are free to go, unless you have anything you wanted to ask me or talk to me about?"

[b]TAG: Nemesis[/b]

[hr]

[i]Office, Home One[/i]

Thor tried to make the environment as relaxing and comfortable as he could. It didn't strike him as odd that many of the squad members were nervous around him...but he certianly hoped that would alleiviate soon...very soon.

"Well, Kirri, this may sound a bit out of the ordinary, but I wanted to meet you. I feel very odd starting a squadron from scratch, and if I am going to run this thing porperly, I need to get to know all of it's components. So...what can you tell me about yourself? What do you think I need to know about you, as your commanding officer?"

[b]TAG: Leigh[/b]

[hr]

[i]Office, Home One[/i]

Thor quickly pulled up the apropriate documents on his data pad...

"Ah yes, your Z-95. Well, it will remain in your possesion. For standards and efficiency sake, you will be flying an X-Wing in squad activites, and we won't have a permament base for a while...so I suggest you put it in storage. Such storage can be arranged, if you are interested. I really think that's our best option. Would you be okay with that?"

[b]TAG: EJ[/b]

[hr]

[i]Office, Home One[/i]

Thor allowed a light chuckle to come from his lips at the "compliment."

"Well, I'm glad to know I'm 'less inferior' in some aspects. But yes, I did want to see you. As a superior intellect, you must see the strategic advantage of a commanding officer knowing all of the compotnents within his unit, their strengths and weaknesses, maxiumum ability, etc. As such, I have arranged a meeting of this nature with all members of the squad. I would like to simply ask you if there is anything I should know about you...so as to acheive maxiumum effiency. What are your strengths?"

[b]TAG: Sephy[/b]

[hr]

[i]Office, Home One[/i]

Thor smiled. It was obvious this lady was passionate about her beleifs and heritage...which was a very good thing.

"Yes...the Empire has a noted dislike of those things which he is not. Which would explain why all the good looking beings are in the Rebellion..."

Thor hoped the Cathar would get his joke. He wasn't sure though...some alien species had very different senses of humor, and he wasn't aware of that of a Cathar...

"On a serious note, I am glad you are here...and I want to assure you that you will be treated with the respect you deserve...which is equal to that of everybody else here...not matter what their species. This is one of my core beliefs, and one of the reasons I am fighting with the Rebellion. So what are your strengths and your weaknesses? What do I need to know about you, as your commanding officer?"

[b]TAG: Rilwen[/b]

[hr]

[b]IC: Nashtov Isaac[/b]
    [i]DownTime, Home One[/i]

Isaac smiled at the young space jock, who knew everything there was to know.

"Haha...We'll see. But in seriousness, you need not fear me. At least not while I have a good hand." The seasoned smuggler smiled as he looked down at his cards. He then looked at the lady sitting on his right. "It's your turn, M'lady. You want to keep your cards, or trade some in?"

Isaac looked over to the table of A-Wing jocks, and more importantly, the chrono behind them. It was about 7:00 Standard time, which wasn't of real consequence to Nashtov...at least not fo

16. Darth_Meerkat

Darth_Meerkat Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2006
    OOC: Well, I'm all for going to a mission. But we somehow need to cut the game short, I would think, and get the card players meetings in, and then look at unreliable intel, before going into a high-risk zone.

I'm off for the night, tired like you wouldn't believe. Nite all!

17. ewok_jedi

Nov 5, 2005
    OOC: Well seeing I have spent most of my "off" time with Thorr so far this game I would like a little bit more of it.

IC: Izen Dagar
    Thor?s Office

He listened carefully to what the man had to say taking in the information, as much as he hated the idea of leaving his ship in the care of rebels especially if he had to make a quick getta away. It was going to be a hard decision for him but he had to keep up his part here, though it would mean in the end he would loose his ship and all that remained of his possessions. Everything that had any value with him was aboard that ship, and that ship itself was home to him more than any place had ever been.

?If that is the only option sir I guess I don?t have any other real choice, its just that The Wanderer is all I really have any more. In every since of the word that small ship is my home, if it is put into storage how much access would I have to Sir?? He asked inquisitively, he need to know what kind of access he would have to his ship to fulfill his mission.

TAG: Prenn

18. ewok_jedi

Nov 5, 2005
    OOC: Sorry for the double post but a good friend of mine can not use her web browser at the moment and requested I ost in her stead. Rilwen will be posting when she can get the problem fixed until then I will act as an intermediary for her

IC: Mrrva Treel

"Yes...the Empire has a noted dislike of those things which he is not. Which would explain why all the good looking beings are in the Rebellion..."

Mrrva laughed, golden eyes crinkling with amusement. "Cleverrr."

"On a serious note, I am glad you are here...and I want to assure you that you will be treated with the respect you deserve...which is equal to that of everybody else here...not matter what their species. This is one of my core beliefs, and one of the reasons I am fighting with the Rebellion. So what are your strengths and your weaknesses? What do I need to know about you, as your commanding officer?"

She nodded thoughtfully, accepting Thor's assurance. "My strrengths...I fight well at close quarters, or very drrramatically at a dissstance." She smiled slightly, jaw dropping a little. "I have learrned much in demolitions, so explosions arrre one of my skills. Weaknessessss? I don't know. Perhaps that is my weakness- not knowing." She smiled again. "As for what must be known...I don't work well when insulted, as my lassst officer presumed to do. I doubt you would, though."

Tag: Thor Nietzche

19. Nethrin

Jun 6, 2006

Minra hadent expevted him to act like that. She had pushed him but not THAT hard. She kind of felt sorry fro him.

"Well, I'll tell you something very true about myself. I steal things. I lie most of the time. I will do anything to get what I want. THAT is why I'm here. Being flirty is only a act, mostly, a way to get things I want. I didn't mean to be to hard on you, I'm just like that sometimes."

She stood and smiled at the man.

"I need to get back to my room and unpack my things. I'll see you later."

With that she turned and walked out into the hallway and toward her room. As soon as she was in the hall she muttered something.

"What a freak"

TAG: Anyone and no one

20. DancesWithBlasters

Jan 22, 2006

Clearly that had gone well, Conner thought. What a good impression he had just made! He seemed like an unstable wacked out guy now. WHich, it seemed, he was. Wonderful, just wonderful! He sighed. Well, she hadn't been very nice, either. A thief, she was messed up, too! The truth was he had just been doing this too long. He'd seen people worse than him though, which was no relief. Someday, unfortunet as it was, the woman would understand why he had reacted that way.

He disposed of his now cold caf and massaged his head with his hands. He needed help, that was obvious. He couldn't keep lashing out at people, it wasn't healthy!

"Self-diagnosing much, there Jonsin?" he murmered to himself almost silently, though he knew his thoughts were true.

Well, he would apoligize again the next time he saw her, though he doubted it would do much good. On the other hand, he could just avoide her, which might work just as well. His old med books taunted him, "Confrontation is healthy, keeping emotions bottled up isn't!" Conner had never thought he would become one of the examples he'd had to analyze.

Silently, he walked out of the mess hall. Working with this squadron was clearly going to be one heck of a job.

TAG: Anyone who comes across

OOC: I'd like some more time for my character to introduce himself, and maybe make a better impression than "freak" to people! ;)

21. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    IC: Kirri Nos
    Office

"Well, Kirri, this may sound a bit out of the ordinary, but I wanted to meet you. I feel very odd starting a squadron from scratch, and if I am going to run this thing porperly, I need to get to know all of it's components. So...what can you tell me about yourself? What do you think I need to know about you, as your commanding officer?"

"Umm...Ok, but its a little hard to talk about..."

She said sighing and trailing off for a second

"I used to be a slave. Had been one my whole life. I carry the scars both physically and mentally...But then, I escaped, found myself on Raltiir after stowing aboard a frieghter. The alliance sect took me in, helped me, And thats why I am here. To give something back..."

Her headtails swayed a little and she began to look uncomfortable

"I became a mechanic. I'm a good mechanic I used to help maintain ships for my ma...former master. But then a snub jockey decided to try it on with me, and made comments about me being a slave and dancer...I lost it and attacked him I uh, broke his nose..."

She blushed bright red and looked at the floor

"They thought I was not safe to be around...so they referred me to you...and thats why I'm here"

22. Jedi_Caesar

Jedi_Caesar Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    IC: Kith Xiese

Just as Kith finished his drink C-man freaked out.With what Kith witnessed he could easily conclude"The man went through a whole lot.".

Kith stood up and headed for the "gym",saying "See ya all later".

Home One,Gym

Kith started lifting some weights.As he lifted the weights he thought of his mother,thinking what might happened to her.
    He ought to contact her when he gets courage to comm her.
    Then Kith moved onto the part of the Gym where the sword props were held.They were wooden and ment to be used as training swords.

He started an excercise he learned during his "stealth training" on an unknown planet in The Outer Rim.
    The excercise was used to calm the one doing it.
    Kith did the excercise and did it again and kept doingit....

TAG:nobody I presume

OOC:IMO it's either way,but sure more time for "introduction" would be good

23. Sith_Lords

Sith_Lords Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    IC: Ar'Jar Vena

"Of course this will stay between us. You can trust me. I am glad to hear you are multi-talented. I will keep that in mind." Thor leaned back in his chair once more. "Well, that is all I wanted to talk to you about. Is there anything you wanted to adress or ask me? If not, than you are dismissed."

"I have a couple of questions, Sir. I guess we will be flying the T-95 X-Wing. Where can I purchase upgrades for the ship. Will we be given Astromechs? and where can I upgrade my weaponry. I have nearly a quarter of a million credits stashed away from my bounty hunting to pay for this."

TAG: MP

24. DancesWithBlasters

Jan 22, 2006

Conner didn't feel much like going back to his room, so instead he headed towards the gym, for lack for anything better to do. Running kept his mind off everything else going on. There wasn't much room aboard Home ONe for a track, but the gym would work. Since there weren't any cliffs to scale or mountains to climb, like there was on Lelmra, he would settle for a treadmill.

As he entered, in a back corner he saw Beyd practicing with wooden something or the others. It was fascinating, watching. It was the same moves, over and over, but his bunk-mate seemed engrossed. Conner didn't want to disturb him, so he inched away.

TAG: Beyd, if you want

25. RogueAce7

RogueAce7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2004
    OOC: I personally vote we start the actual training. Sim runs, target practice runs, trench runs, etc.

I'll get a post up tonight sometime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.