main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive X-Wing: Spearhead

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DancesWithBlasters

DancesWithBlasters Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 22, 2006
    IC: Conner Jonsin

Conner jerked awake after Kith had oh so rudely interrupted his dream. He rubbed his eyes, desperetly wanting to fall back asleep, but knowing he should join Kith and whoever else in the meeting room. It was just sleep was so appealing!

With a sigh, he quickly took a shower to really wake himself up, and dressed. He was kind of hungry, not having really eaten anything the night before, but it was already 0515, and he doubted the mess hall would be open. So blinking widely to keep the weariness away, he dragged himself towards the meeting room.

Hiding a yawn, he sat down next Kith and some other pilot he didn't know, as far as possible from Black Jumpsuit Girl Who Probably Thought He Was a Freak. She was wearing another black jumpsuit. For some reason, that kind of amused him. The Rebellion just has the best fashion of them all, Conner reflected slightly sarcastically, the image of the standard orange flight suit coming to his mind.

He nodded back at the Twi'lek girl, wondering whether she had witnessed the scene he had made the night before. Conner hoped not.

"So, anything happen yet?" he asked Kith, hoping his voice didn't reveal the fact he hadn't had his caf yet.

TAG: Kith, Izen, Kirri, anyone

2. Jedi_Caesar

Jedi_Caesar Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    IC:Kith Xiese

"Sorry I woke you up that suddenly,I thought that being late on a first brief won't look good."
    "Nah,nothing yet.Commander still isn't here,but that part you see yourself."
    "Tharc is seconds away from going to the mess hall and get some drinks for himself and us if he wants to bring us."

TAG:Conner,anyone

3. DancesWithBlasters

Jan 22, 2006
    IC: Conner

"Yes! Could you get me a caf, please?" he asked the other pilot, Tharc. "Thank you."

Turing back to Kith, he said, "It's no problem. I probably should have set an alarm, or something. I can never get up in the mornings. Sort of bad idea for me to join a miltary faction when I perfer to sleep in," he said with a good natured grin.

He glanced around the room, looking at his squadron mates. He wasn't sure he felt safe entrusting his life to some of them. But he was sure training with them would create the trust that was lacking.

TAG: Kith, Tharc, Anyone

4. Jedi_Caesar

Oct 14, 2004

"If waking up is your problem.Consider it done.I'll wake you up every morning."
    "I see you are watching that girl in the black jumpsuit?You yelled in front of her yesterday in the mess hall,didn't you?"

TAG:Conner

5. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    IC: Josh Falen
    ~Home One~

"Well that is certainly good to hear," said Thor. "That's all I really wanted to talk to you about. You are free to go, unless you have anything you wanted to ask me or talk to me about?" Josh shook his head, stood, gave a salute to his commander, and left.

The meeting hadn't been as bad as he had expected; he couldn't help but be a pessimist at times. With the little amount of free time he had left, Josh decided to head to the training room. When he arrived, he immediately took off his over-shirt, revealing his tank top he adorned underneath. He immediately began his workout. Preferring the "old" style workout, he started off with the bench press, then moved on to curls. After a short ten minute jog on the running machine, he moved on to a workout that built his back muscles out. He finished the lifting with a few leg lifts. Next, he alternated between push-ups and sit-ups. After a one standard hour job, he was finished completely.

Josh sat down on a bench, drenched with sweat. After a few minutes of rest, he moved to the back where the showers were located, and cleaned off. Realizing that he had neglected to get an extra set of clothes, he used his towel to cover his lower half as he walked to Room 5. He walked in and, noticing that his roommate was already asleep, crept in to bed. After only a few moments, he passed out into a wonderful nights sleep.

~The next morning~

Wake up! It's 5:30 A.M. (Galactic Standard time), and that means you should be in the breifing room, awaiting your first official day of training with the new squadron, Chimera!

Go on then!

Josh awoke six hours later, his wake-up call being very loud. He quickly jumped up, and put on the same type of clothes he wore when he was working out but, obviously, a different set.

He made his way to the briefing room and, when he walked in, he noticed he wasn't the first one to arrive this time. Josh, who had noticed his roommate had not been in his bed when Josh awoke, looked for the Kel Dor. Noticing him in one of the seats, Josh approached him and sat down to the right of him.

"Hey," he said, his first words to the man he would spend hours with. "I'm Josh."

TAG: ewok_jedi, others

6. DancesWithBlasters

Jan 22, 2006

Conner grimaced as Kith mentioned yesterday's incident.

"I'm trying to gauge whether she's freaked out enough to try and murder me in my sleep," he joked grimly. "So, you saw that, last night, huh? Don't worry, I'm not usually like that. She was just . . . pushing it kinda hard. She's not exactly the nicest person in the galaxy, I guess. And I'm not the most mentally stable, I know that, too. I was just never raised for combat. The world I grew up on, it's really peaceful. It hasn't been the easiest of transitions, is all."

TAG: Kith

7. Jedi_Caesar

Oct 14, 2004
    IC:Kith

"Don't worry.I saw many things throughout my life.There aren't many things that can surprise me.It was pretty normal,you know,that reaction of yours.
    If violence wasn't your way till now,it has to be stressfull to change the pace.
    She has a bad thing too,so no worries,we are all alike here."

8. DancesWithBlasters

Jan 22, 2006

Conner smiled, relieved, as his new friend, if Kith could be called that after only a day and half of acquatance, reassured him.

"Thanks. Yeah. It, it's been hard. I was really idealistic at the time, I really thought I could save the galaxy or something. And I wasn't a bad shot, so I dropped out the Medical Academy and came here. And I found out life in the real galaxy is nothing like what I grew up with. It wasn't like we were Alderaanian or anything, but everyone back on Lelmra's like, if you can solve it without confrontation, do so." Conner grinned, shaking his head, remembering. "Everyone told me I shouldn't join the Rebels, I was just going to get killed, but I did anyway."

He paused for a minute, frowning for a moment, then continued, "I think, really, if everyone back home on Lelmra, I don't know, did more, a lot of them would be here, too. Courage does not come naturally to us," he said with a small laugh. "Lelmrans think. We let the other people do the rest," explained Conner with a light eyeroll. "But I'm talking way too much about myself. Where do you call home?"

9. Jedi_Caesar

Oct 14, 2004

"What a strange thing,from where I come from we tend to get everything done through fighting.Correlia is my home.Your people do have a good way of working things out.I am already used to fighting for everything."

I am glad you joined.It's always good to see things from both aspects.

10. ewok_jedi

ewok_jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 5, 2005
    IC: Izen Dagar
    Home One Briefing Room

He watched as several of his squadmates finally made their way into the briefing room and take seats some of them taking seats near him which did not please him very much. The point of taking a seat as far as he could away from the door was to avoid having to sit near people and having to subsequently speak with them. It was not going to be the kind of day he hoped for as several people sat near him. One such person was his bunk mate, who introduced himself as Josh. Turning to face the man he said "Izen Dagar" quickly before looking around the room hoping to see Thor about to get the briefing started, before his bunk mate started trying to have idle conversation with him.

What a day this will be after all, it seems I won't get through it with out having to make small talk with these people. Ugh.....what an assignment this is turning out to be. He thought as he sat there waiting for Thor to arrive and begin the briefing, the faster that man arrived the better as far as he was concerned.

TAG: Any one

11. DancesWithBlasters

Jan 22, 2006

Conner nodded as Kith talked. Kith's speech about Correlia made sense, but he couldn't help correct his room-mate's assumption about Lelmrans.

"Ah yes, we're very clever people. We use big words to confuse people, thus we are awarded with what we want," he said in a mock scholarly voice, accenting the comment with a "solemn" nod.

"Really, though, we're just as bad as everyone else, you know. Because we never got at anything head on, there's so much round about stuff that's completely unneeded. And there's a lot of secrets. Everywhere, we have these huge, lurking secrets that are bound to just explode in our faces. But we just keep them anyway, beneath this great facade of neutrality, acceptance, and compliance. It's hard seperating what's real and what's just there for show. I guess in part, that's why I joined, because I wanted something solid, to say, I did this, and I did it because I wanted to. I was this dreamer, who wanted to say, I am more. Force, I sound crazy, don't I? And that's not even the stress talking!" Conner said.

12. Darth_Meerkat

Darth_Meerkat Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2006
    IC: Tharc

Tharc grinned slightly. "Alright, I'm heading down." Tharc jogged down to the mess, hoping they were open. He growled at the size of the line. He glanced around, and saw a drink dispenser. He walked over, and looked at the selections...good. Everything everyone had wanted. He looked around for a serving droid, or at least a tray. He grabbed one off a nearby stack. This was turning out to be very easy. Tharc had thought it was tables and one window...not table and take-away. Tharc stuck the drinks into a depression on the tray, and snagged a hot chocolate for himself. He reached into a bin and grabbed a fistful of creams and sugars. He walked back down the hall, praying no one came around the corner.

Luckily, he made his way into the room without any incident. "Room service," he announced cheerfully. He had been in enough hotels and rooms for hire that he had the tone down perfectly. It began to grate on his nerves when the service used it...now it was funny to turn the tables.

TAG: Drinks

13. RogueAce7

RogueAce7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2004
    IC: Wes Janson

His quarters

Wes awoke refreshed and full of energy--as always. Looking around, he noticed his roommate had already left. Still haven't met the guy.

After a quick visit to the 'fresher, Wes donned his uniform and, and prepared to head to the briefing, but not before grabbing one of his trusted stuffed Ewoks. Smiling, he strode from the room.

And entered the briefing room just after the violent Mandalorian walked in carrying a tray of drinks. Well, that's a change of attitude. This won't be quite as funny, then. He shrugged. At least we know he's actually a fairly nice guy.

Walking over to Tharc, Wes handed him the stuffed Ewok, smiled, and stuck out his hand. "Wes Janson, at your service. You need this more than I do, I'm afraid."

Tag: Tharc, others

14. DancesWithBlasters

Jan 22, 2006
    IC: Conner Jonsin

Conner was about to reach over, grab a caf, and thank the Mandalorian man for being so obliging, and getting it all, when the Rogue Squadron guy, Janson, handed Tharc a stuffed Ewok. Conner fell silent, watching intensly. He sincerly hoped Skirata wouldn't take it the wrong way; he seemed like a good guy, beneath the exterior.

"Hey, did you know those Ewoks are actually real? Like, there are bigger versions of that toy wandering around on some moon or the other?" he said quickly, cutting any tension that might appear.

He stuck his hand out to Janson, and introduced himself, "Conner Jonsin. And you're Wes Janson." Jerking his head towards the Ewok, Conner continued, "I heard you liked playing jokes. Did Commander Skywalker have enough of you, or something?" he asked in a friendly voice.

TAG: RogueAce7, Tharc, Kith, anyone else

15. Darth_Meerkat

Oct 4, 2006

Wes handed him the stuffed Ewok, smiled, and stuck out his hand. "Wes Janson, at your service. You need this more than I do, I'm afraid."
    "Hey, did you know those Ewoks are actually real? Like, there are bigger versions of that toy wandering around on some moon or the other? Conner Jonsin. And you're Wes Janson." Jerking his head towards the Ewok, Conner continued, "I heard you liked playing jokes. Did Commander Skywalker have enough of you, or something?"

Tharc grinned slightly. "Yub yub, Wes. I'll be sure to pick up a stuff strill for you...I'll even put an authentic odor on it. And yes, I know all about Ewoks...just like Sullustans...look like a child's toy." Tharc situated the Ewok on a nearby chair, leaned back, snapped his fingers, and put his helmet on its head and put a blaster in its lap. He winked at Wes. "How long do you think it'll take before someone notices and armed Ewok?"

Tharc sat down next to the Ewok and took a sip of his drink, hoping again he didn't get up early for nothing. He turned around with a gleam in his eye. If he had actually served with Skywalker, either he was a great instructor, or he was totally infuriating. "Wait, you said I need this more than you? You make it sound like you sleep with a stuffed Ewok. You don't sleep with a stuffed Ewok, do you?"

TAG: Wes, All, whoever, those coveting drinks

16. RogueAce7

Aug 29, 2004

Briefing Room

Another man cut off Tharc's reply--not rudely, just trying to diffuse any hostility resulting from Wes' jest. "Hey, did you know those Ewoks are actually real? Like, there are bigger versions of that toy wandering around on some moon or the other?" he said quickly, cutting any tension that might appear.

He stuck his hand out to Janson, and introduced himself, "Conner Jonsin. And you're Wes Janson." Jerking his head towards the Ewok, Conner continued, "I heard you liked playing jokes. Did Commander Skywalker have enough of you, or something?" he asked in a friendly voice.

Janson grabbed Conner's hand instead, and shook it. "Good to meet you, Conner. Of course I like jokes. I've always thought that with playing jokes, even if I get vaped by some Imp rookie, I can still be sure I've had a whole lot more fun than him." He sighed. "And ol' Luke. He could take a joke, but not often. But after Hoth, Wedge Antilles took over. I didn't get a chance to work with Skywalker all that much. And it's not like I got kicked out or anything--I'm here to help train you kids up to par, and keep you that way."

Tharc spoke up next. "Yub yub, Wes. I'll be sure to pick up a stuff strill for you...I'll even put an authentic odor on it. And yes, I know all about Ewoks...just like Sullustans...look like a child's toy." Tharc situated the Ewok on a nearby chair, leaned back, snapped his fingers, and put his helmet on its head and put a blaster in its lap. He winked at Wes. "How long do you think it'll take before someone notices and armed Ewok?"

Tharc sat down next to the Ewok and took a sip of his drink, hoping again he didn't get up early for nothing. He turned around with a gleam in his eye. If he had actually served with Skywalker, either he was a great instructor, or he was totally infuriating. "Wait, you said I need this more than you? You make it sound like you sleep with a stuffed Ewok. You don't sleep with a stuffed Ewok, do you?"

"I've actually convinced some that Lieutenant Kettch is real. I'll wager a hundred credits I can do the same here." Wes sat on the other side of the stuffed toy. "And of course I don't sleep with one. I'm happy enough with life not to need the comfort of a stuffed Ewok named Kettch. I just keep a nice supply cache of Ewoks with me. Call it a goodwill mission, if you want. Just know that it's just to get at people and make them laugh."

Tag: Tharc, Conner, others

17. Darth_Meerkat

Oct 4, 2006

"100 credits, eh? What are you gonna do? And on that, what will you do that tops and Ewok with an attitude?" Tharc was genuinely interested in his answer...if Janson could top his positioning of "Kettch," then it would truly be something to see.

TAG: Wes

18. RogueAce7

Aug 29, 2004

Wes laughed outright. "You honestly think I'd tell you what I'm going to do? It's definitely not some spur of the moment give-Kettch-a-gun-and-see-what-happens. Oh no, this is going to be a plot. A massive one man conspiracy, I tell you." He leaned in. "And I'll tell you what tops an Ewok with an attitude: an Ewok people think is alive. Oh, you just wait, Flight Officer. You just wait."

Tag: Tharc, Conner, others

19. Darth_Meerkat

Oct 4, 2006

"No, I don't expect you to tell me. But now we," he gestured to himself and Connor, "know about it...if you have a one man plot planned, how much bigger could it be with two or three? Just a suggestion." At that, Tharc walked over to the podium, and looked at the loot inside. He grinned...a repulsor such as the ones mounted on cameras and holoprompters. He slipped it into a belt pouch, and walked quickly back to his seat. He sat down and took a gulp of his hot chocolate.

TAG: All, Wes

20. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    IC: Cmdr. Thor Nietzsche
    Hanger Bay/Briefing Room, Home One

Thor took hold of the young man's hand, and gave it a firm shake. "It's great to have you here. Now if you'll please come with me, we are late for a breifing that I am running."

With the young man in tow, Thor walked briskly down the corridor, untill he turned into the correct door. Sneaking a glance down at his Chrono, he noticed that he was 4 standard minutes late. Hmmm. Tardieness would not do. Especially in this squadron.

Thor started to talk even as he walked down the aisle. A quck glance around the room told him that all were present. Including Lt. Janson's...friend. "Good morning, good morning. Before we get started, I would like to introduce you to our newest member, Flight Officer Seth Hansen. He will be flying our rescue shuttle for most missions. Now, on to business." Thor leaned his back up against the podium as he switched through displays on his data pad. "Now, before we hit the sims for the very first time, I do have an announcement to make." He motioned at Janson. "As you may have noticed, we do in fact have an XO for the squad." He then turned to the prankster. "Lt. Janson, if you would be so kind as to assist Lt. Keetch up here."

Thor allowed a small smile to break his lips, as the officer brought up the stuffed toy. "I would like to introduce you all to a rather famous pilot. Lt. Keetch here will be taking over operations as our squad XO, as well as leading flight 2."

Thor chuckled. "Which brings up another issue. In flight, we are going to have wing pairs, and flights. When we do hit the sims, a lst of your wing partner, as well as flight members and leaders will be on your info screen.

But...before we do that, I have something to give you all." Thor motioned to the squad protocol droid. As the droid approached with the box of uniforms and misprinted patches, Thor pointed to it. "In here are your sqadron uniforms. Please come up and grab one, and then follow me down to the sim room."

TAG: All

GM- Terribly sorrry for the delay you guys. You are doing a great job!

21. Jedi_Caesar

Oct 14, 2004

Kith leaned and grabed a drink."Thanks Tharc"
    "Well, Conner.Looks like I missunderstood your part of coming from an planet where things are solved with words."

Thor walked in,and said his part.

"Cool,I wondered how our uniforms are going to look."
    Kith walked over to the box.Grabed his and took Conner's one."Here you go,no need for both of us to walk that distance for a uniform."-Kith said and started laughing as he handed the uniform to C-man.
    "Guess,we ought to follow the man in charge towards the sim rooms."

TAG:Conner,anybody

22. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    IC: Mrrva Treel

She had risen on time, prepared on time...got here on time. But, being odd of nature, the Cathar had simply waited in the shadows near the door to watch the others. She felt that such caution would not be out of place, since these were unknown people.

Finally, she walked over to the others. No non-Cathar would have been able to read her seemingly blank face, almost expressionless due to wariness.

Tag: Chimera Squadron

23. Nethrin

Nethrin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 6, 2006
    IC: Minra Tekla

Minra stood and took one of the uniforms from the droid. She made sure to get a size that would fit her. She glanced at the other members of Chimera squadron and half smiled. She couldnt wait to see how they would do in a simulation.

She smiled nicely at the Cathar, apparently she was her roommate. With that, she turned to follow Commander Thor Nietzsche out of the room.

TAG: Thor, anyone

24. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    IC: Seth Hasson
    Briefing Room, Home One

What have I done? While Seth's face remained impassive, that wasn't exactly the same state that his mind shared.

Seth had thought nothing about this new squadron when he had first entered a room. There were humans here and there, but there were also few non-humans such as a female Cathar. That didn't bother Seth much, he had seen plenty of non-humans here and there during his time when he had his feet on the ground and a rifle in his hand.

Everything went downhill in terms of discipline and other subjects related to that as time quickly went by with Seth's thoughts of the squad. First was the little stuffed doll and now, as Seth grabbed a flight suit and looked at the name on the back, he was only able to stare at the name written on the back.

I just really hope that I won't have to go by first impressions to understand what the squad will be like, Seth thought to himself, suddenly wondering if his decision to be a part of this new squad - to get a second chance - was a good idea.

Tag: Anyone

25. DancesWithBlasters

Jan 22, 2006

Conner stifled a snort of laughter as he saw the strange look of the pilot who had just been introduced. But after turning over the uniform Kith had grabbed he suddenly understood.

"Well, looks like we're not Chimera after all, huh?" he joked quietly as they headed towards the sims.

This was going to be interesting, Conner was sure.

TAG: Anyone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.