1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

SWRPF Archive X-Wing: Spearhead

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Lords Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Ar'Jar Vena

The cry came a second too late, as a laser blast speared the cockpit, killing Sears instantly. Ar'Jar fought for control, frantically shouting over the radio. "May Day. May day" He was wrestling with the snowspeeders dying controls. The speeder went into a spin, and fire surrounded the cockpit. The snow was rushing towards him, greeting him with open arms. Alarms blared out from the snowspeeder. A metallic voice kicked in. "Increase altitude. Increase altitude. Pull Up. Pull Up/" Ar'Jar saw the flames approach him, just as the snowspeeder was about to hit-

Ar'Jar awoke with a start, once more covered with sweat. He saw that his room mates had already left. He rolled over to his left, to look at his chrono. "Shavitt!" He swore viciously, realising he had 15 minutes to get to the briefing room. He had no time to freshen up, so he chucked on his armour, and started running down the hallway, to the briefing room. When he arrived he had but a minute to spare. He sat down at the back of the room, again. He looked around the room to see he was one of the last to arrive, he saw Skirata planning something with his new XO. Ar'Jar shook his head, and watched his CO enter the room.

"Good morning, good morning. Before we get started, I would like to introduce you to our newest member, Flight Officer Seth Hansen. He will be flying our rescue shuttle for most missions. Now, on to business." Thor leaned his back up against the podium as he switched through displays on his data pad. "Now, before we hit the sims for the very first time, I do have an announcement to make." He motioned at Janson. "As you may have noticed, we do in fact have an XO for the squad." He then turned to the prankster. "Lt. Janson, if you would be so kind as to assist Lt. Keetch up here. I would like to introduce you all to a rather famous pilot. Lt. Keetch here will be taking over operations as our squad XO, as well as leading flight 2."

The CO chuckled. "Which brings up another issue. In flight, we are going to have wing pairs, and flights. When we do hit the sims, a lst of your wing partner, as well as flight members and leaders will be on your info screen. But...before we do that, I have something to give you all." Thor motioned to the squad protocol droid. As the droid approached with the box of uniforms and misprinted patches, Thor pointed to it. "In here are your sqadron uniforms. Please come up and grab one, and then follow me down to the sim room."

Ar'Jar walked forward, grabbed a uniform, and turned it over. He saw another pilot do the same, and say "Well, looks like we're not Chimera after all, huh?" Ar'Jar smiled at the comment, than moved to follow Thor.

TAG: Chimera
  2. Jedi_Caesar Force Ghost

star 4
    IC:kith Xiese

"That's a good one C-man."
    Kith laughed a bit and followed C-man and Thor towards the sims.
    "I look forward to these sims,this ought to be fun!"

TAG:Conner,anyone
  3. DancesWithBlasters Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Conner

"Fun?" he murmered softly as he followed Kith. His left eyebrow was raised, as it usually was when he was doubtful or sarcastic. "Well, definetly better than the real thing, anyway."

He wondered if these sims included a need to for him "use" his skills as a medic, as well. They were a special operations squadron, so he wasn't sure.

"Well, let's get this show on the road," he whispered to himself.

TAG: Kith, Anyone
  4. Jedi_Caesar Force Ghost

star 4
    IC:Kith Xiese

"Don't look at me like that,I was being sarcastic."
    "Now we see who got skills in which aspect of battle."

TAG:Conner,anyone
  5. ewok_jedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    IC: Izen Dagar
    Home One Briefing Room

The briefing started a few minutes late when Thor finally arrived but what was really a few minutes, its not like they were leaving on a mission immediately and a few minute delay would doom the mission. Having nothing really to say or input on the briefing he just sat there listening to what the commander said, trying to take it all in for later use. Interestingly Thor introduced their XO as an ewok pilot named Keetch, this was definitely an interesting move on the commanders part and given Wes Janson's history of pranks it looked this was another one of them.

Not thinking to much into the whole ewok XO thing he pretty much just ignored the whole thing, what was important was the training that would be happening soon, the sooner the better as far as he cared. Continuing to pay quiet attention to the briefing he learned they would have flight pairs and he was curious as to who he would actually be paired with. After that he announced they now had squadron uniforms and that it would be time to start training.

With out a word he got up from his seat, moving towards the inidcated box with uniforms, grabbing one his size as he silently made his way out of the briefing room following Thor. About time for the training to start he thought to himself silently as he walked along behind the commander towards where ever he was leading them.

TAG: Prenn, any pilots
  6. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    GM- Hey guys....Finals are catching up with me. I'll get a post up tomorrow introducing you all to the simms, so you have like 12 hours or so to get your character over to the sim room. Sorry about this...but I'm going to be pulling a couple of all nighters. Great job guys!
  7. DancesWithBlasters Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: Don't stress over this, PRENN, it's that time of year, we all know how it gets. You've been a very good GM. You've always been there when I had a question, or needed advice, and have made this RP an amazing first expierence! ~ Dances
  8. Darth_Meerkat Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    IC: Tharc

Tharc walked up to the box, and grabbed a uniform that looked like it would fit him. He looked down at the armor, then at the flight suit, and ran for his room to change, and then to the sims.

TAG: All

OOC: Oh, I feel your pain. I just finished a long and comprehensive AmRev test...and I mean comprehensive. So, don't worry.
  9. Jedi_Caesar Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC:It's christmas soon and I expect everybody to post less during this period so no worries on your problem.We always can talk here.

10. Rilwen_Shadowflame Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Mrrva Treel

Still almost expressionless, Mrrva grabbed a uniform. It would need adjusting, but a few spare minutes would do as far as making a tailhole. She'd prefer using a knife, but claws would do if she had to wear it very soon.

The Cathar followed the others, but decided finally to actually try to get to know them better. She noticed a Kell Dor, and stepped somewhat closer as the group followed Thor. "Hello."

Tag: Izen, others
  11. ewok_jedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    OOC: No problem Prenn, I understand the feeling.

Home One Corridors

As he walked through the ship towards the sims following commander Thor another of the squad membrs approached him, it was the female Cathar who was one of the newest members to join the squadron. Turning to face the woman he said "Hello, how might you be?" falling silently as he stepped out of the middle of the corridor to speak wth the woman. As much as he would rather not have to speak with the woman at the moment he was going to at least be polite to the woman, had a man tried to speak to him he would have outright ignored them but it was a different case with a woman.

TAG: Rilwen
  12. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    IC: Cmdr. Thor Nietzsche
    Simm Room, Home One

The simm room was rather dark, and locked, in fact. As Thor slid his card through the appropriate oppening, and the doors hissed open, he let out a sigh of releif that it seemed noboy noticed the misprinted patches. That could have turned ugly. As the light started to eagerly invade all of corners of the room, and the simms were warming up, Thor gathered the group around him.

"Okay, so this is how our sqad is going to be working. We will be split up into wing pairs, as well as flights." He motioned to the newest aqusition of Chimera squadron. "Seth Hasson and RPT-03-H will be flying our support ship, picking up EV pilots as well as laying down support fire and the like." He then motioned towards the simms, which were complelty warmed up at this point. "Go ahead a hop in, and we'll get this party started."

Thor hoped into his own sim, and eased himself into the pilot couch. He immedatly found sanctuary within the familiar surroundings of a cockpit. After flipping a couple of switches and adjusting some things, he keyed his comm to the Squad Channel.

"Alright guys. Let's get this show on the road. Everbody go ahead and start checking in.

TAG: All

The following was on your simms info screen as you got into your sim:

Chimera 1/Lead - Cmdr. Thor Nietzsche
    Chimera 2 - Lt. Wes Janson (XO)
    Chimera 3 - Flight Officer Tharc Skirata
    Chimera 4 - Flight Officer Ar'Jar Vena
    Chimera 5 - Flight Officer Zerekiah Niklais
    Chimera 6 - Flight Officer Minra Tekla
    Chimera 7 - Flight Officer Kirranna (Kirri) Nos
    Chimera 8 - Flight Officer Ralla Teris
    Chimera 9 - Flight Officer Beyd Darklighter
    Chimera 10 - Flight Officer Kith Xiese
    Chimera 11 - Flight Officer Conner Jonsin (Medic)
    Chimera 12 - Flight Officer Izen Dagar
    Chimera 13 - Flight Officer Josh Falen
    Chimera 14 - Flight Officer Mrrva Treel (Demolitions)

Wing Pairs:

Wing 1:
    Chimera 1
    Chimera 5

Wing 2:
    Chimera 2
    Chimera 13

Wing 3:
    Chimera 3
    Chimera 4

Wing 4:
    Chimera 6
    Chimera 7

Wing 5:
    Chimera 8
    Chimera 10

Wing 6:
    Chimera 9
    Chimera 11

Wing 7:
    Chimera 12
    Chimera 13

Flights:

Flight 1:
    Wing 1
    Wing 4
    Wing 6
    Flight Leader: Thor Nietzsche

Flight 2:
    Wing 2
    Wing 3
    Flight Leader: Wes Janson

Flight 3:
    Wing 5
    Wing 7
    Flight Leader: Ralla Teris/>
  13. Jedi_Caesar Force Ghost

star 4

Kith adjusted the seat to fit his height.
    Fliped a few switches and said over the comm:

"Chimera 10,reporting in.
    Set up and good to go,sir.
    "
    Then Kith fliped a switch so he could speak to his wingmate and said
    "Looks like we wingmates,I'm Kith."

TAG:Ralla,anybody
  14. Sith_Lords Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Ar'Jar Vena

Ar'Jar, now clad in his uniform instead of his trademark armour, sat in the simulator. He adjusted the controls to suit him, than flicked the cockpit-com switch to a private channel with his wing mate, Skirata.

"Ner vod." Ar'Jar said. "I hope our Wing flight leader is not a Ori'buyce, kih'kovid, Chimera 3. Unless you want a specific call sign, 3 is what I shall call you." Ar'Jar paused. "Chimera 4 ain't right for me." Neither is Burn. He thought to himself. Mando'ad draar digu "Call me... Fireball." Ar'Jar let the words roll of his tongue. It felt right. Sounded good to. "And Wing 3 sounds too profesional. Do you want to keep it that way?"

Ar'Jar switched the com back to transmit to the entire squadron, ignited his boosters - or at least the holographic representation of his ships boosters, and spoke. "This is Chimera 4 - Fireball - 4 green and ready to go."

TAG: Skirata, Chimera Squad

OOC: PDF file listing Mando'a translations. :)
  15. Rilwen_Shadowflame Force Ghost

star 6
    OOC: There seems to be a typo in there, unless Chimera 13 is to be in 2 places at once, and Chimera 14 in none. ;)

IC: Mrrva Treel

"Hello, how might you be?"

"Well enough," she responded with a slight nod. "I'm Mrrva."

At that point, they were led into the simms room. "Okay, so this is how our sqad is going to be working. We will be split up into wing pairs, as well as flights. Seth Hasson and RPT-03-H will be flying our support ship, picking up EV pilots as well as laying down support fire and the like. Go ahead and hop in, and we'll get this party started."

Mrrva stepped in, eyeing the seat with distaste. Since she still carried the uniform, she took the time to adjust it into a cushion, so that she would not be sitting on her tail. Once seated, she flicked on the comm and said, "Chimerrra 14 rreporrting in."

Tag: Izen, Thor, others
  16. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Seth Hasson
    Simm Room, Home One

Seth didn't see the need to put on his flight suit just yet, and he wasn't exactly in a hurry to put it on just yet. So, placing the flight suit over his shoulder, he just followed the rest of the squadron into the simm room where they were going to do some practicing.

"Okay, so this is how our sqad is going to be working. We will be split up into wing pairs, as well as flights. Seth Hasson and RPT-03-H will be flying our support ship, picking up EV pilots as well as laying down support fire and the like. Go ahead and hop in, and we'll get this party started."

Seth had nodded when his name had been said, and as everyone climbed into the simulators, he took a seat near one of the view screens that would show what would happen during the simulator. Simulators were configured to resemble the cockpit of starfighters, but there weren't exactly many simulators that wanted to resemble the huge cockpit of a Lambda-class shuttle, especially if its trying to resemble a real shuttle, crew and all, which would take up a lot of room in the simm room.

It was alright, Seth could deal with watching the pilots perform. It was best to see what kind of pilots were going to make up this squadron, and he was still hoping to the Force that the first impressions he got from these guys weren't going to be how they'll react in combat, simulator or not.

Tag: Anyone or no one
  17. DancesWithBlasters Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Conner Jonsin

Conner slid into his sim, closing his eyes, and breathing in the smell of the "cockpit". He streched his hands out wide, then grasped the now familar controls. He adjusted and fiddled, getting comfortable. Hearing the commander's voice sound in his ear, he answered back, after hearing several others, "This is Chimera 11, I'm all set, and ready to go."

He blinked and suddenly he wasn't it the simm room any more.

"Gold Five, report! Report! G," suddenly the man's voice was cut off by an explosion.

"Come on, stick together! Take over back there, Jonsin!" another voice commanded.

"Yes, sir. Shavit! There's one on my tail, I can't get him . . . ."

Conner shook his head vigoresly. That was gone. He'd survived, as well as most of his former squadron. Now he had a new oppurnunity. Quietly, he blew out a breath. It was going to be fine. Absolutely fine.

"So, Beyd, guess we're wingmates, huh? Hope you're as good as you say you are," Conner said with as much cheer as he could muster.

TAG: Beyd, Anyone
  18. Darth_Meerkat Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    IC: Tharc

"Ner vod." Ar'Jar said. "I hope our Wing flight leader is not a Ori'buyce, kih'kovid, Chimera 3. Unless you want a specific call sign, 3 is what I shall call you." Ar'Jar paused. "Chimera 4 ain't right for me." Neither is Burn. He thought to himself. Mando'ad draar digu "Call me... Fireball." Ar'Jar let the words roll of his tongue. It felt right. Sounded good to. "And Wing 3 sounds too profesional. Do you want to keep it that way?"

"No, vod. Chimera Three is a bit stiff...as is ChimThree...sounds like a droid..." Tharc flipped over to the squadron channel. "This is Kad, four green and ready to oya'karir."

Tharc flipped back over to the channel he shared with his wingman. "I just hope Flight Leader isn't kih'kovid...be hard to follow through with a maneuver if you didn't know the rest of it."

TAG: Vena, All
  19. RogueAce7 Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: Wes Janson

Briefing

Wes smiled at Tharc's suggestion of expanding the plot. "Now that is a possibility." Before he could continue, Thor walked in, and began his spiel.

"Good morning, good morning. Before we get started, I would like to introduce you to our newest member, Flight Officer Seth Hansen. He will be flying our rescue shuttle for most missions. Now, on to business." Thor leaned his back up against the podium as he switched through displays on his data pad. "Now, before we hit the sims for the very first time, I do have an announcement to make." He motioned at Janson. "As you may have noticed, we do in fact have an XO for the squad." He then turned to the prankster. "Lt. Janson, if you would be so kind as to assist Lt. Keetch up here."

Thor allowed a small smile to break his lips, as the officer brought up the stuffed toy. "I would like to introduce you all to a rather famous pilot. Lt. Keetch here will be taking over operations as our squad XO, as well as leading flight 2."

Thor chuckled. "Which brings up another issue. In flight, we are going to have wing pairs, and flights. When we do hit the sims, a lst of your wing partner, as well as flight members and leaders will be on your info screen.

But...before we do that, I have something to give you all." Thor motioned to the squad protocol droid. As the droid approached with the box of uniforms and misprinted patches, Thor pointed to it. "In here are your sqadron uniforms. Please come up and grab one, and then follow me down to the sim room.

Wes leaned in towards Thor. "Boss, be careful. It's Kettch, not Keetch. You'll hurt his feelings."

He grabbed his uniform and patch, and glanced at the patch, amused. Looking around, he decided it best that he didn't say anything about it.

In the sim room, Wes comfortably plopped down in the simulated X-Wing cockpit, and looked at the info on the screen. Alright, Chimera Two. Sounds good to me. Let's see...wingman is (enter fixed name here after typo problem solved) who I have still yet to meet. Alright, looks like I'm head of Two Flight, and I've got Tharc and Ar'Jar, the other Mando. Ohh, I've got the fierce people here. Excellent.

Wes started up the X-Wing, and was quickly ready to go. "Chimera Two here, four lit and in the green." He flipped his comm switch over to the channel he would share with Two Flight. "Two flight, Janson here. Glad to have you with me Tharc, you too Ar'Jar, and especially you, (insert last person here--don't know until that typo is fixed) Glad to have you on my wing."

Tag: Two Flight, all
  20. SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    IC: RPT-03-H
    Sim Room

RPT distantly wondered, using only a small fraction of his programming, if he had been assigned to the support shuttle because Captain Nietzche knew that he had downloaded the Sim runs. Perhaps that was giving the organic too much credit. More likely, it was one of those 'mistakes' that organics made.

Or perhaps he recognized RPT's overwhelming superiority and realized that his flawed organic pilots would require more sim time than the droid.

RPT was as disappointed as a sophisticated assassin droid could be. He rarely had opportunities to test his programming against organics. Fortunately, however, Imperial pilots primarily flew via formations and maneuvers programmed into their fighters, making them significantly easier to predict.

The droid approached the organic who had been assigned to fly the EV shuttle with RPT. It was likely one of those rare moments of droid-like intelligence on his organic Captain's part that he paired RPT with an organic. A droid with no regard for organic life would likely not be the best choice to pick up EV pilots.

"Hello, Seth," the droid said to his co-pilot. "I am RPT-03-H. I will be your Wingmate, so to speak, for this mission."

Tag: Seth
  21. spacelady Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Just a quick post tonight. Am tired. [face_tired] Will try to catch up tomorrow...

IC as Ralla Teris

Ralla zipped up her uniform and followed the group to the simulators. On the way there, she noticed the badges were horribly off, to which she simply gave Thor a questioning look. They could be fixed no problem.

Entering the simulator room, she got into hers and clicked a few switches, starting it up after she was sure everyone else did.

"Alright guys. Let's get this show on the road. Everbody go ahead and start checking in."

Across the screen in front of Ralla appeared the wing numbers and names. She was Chimera 8. As flicked her communications on for her to speak and spoke clearly, yet slightly confidently. It had been so long since she had last spoken to wingmates...

"Chimera eight here. Coming in loud and clear." She said, flipping a few more switches and checking the status.

Suddenly, she heard a single voice, and it was directed to her.

"Looks like we wingmates,I'm Kith."

Ralla smiled gently and flicked the switch to switch over to speak to him, but made sure she could still hear what was going on within the entire group.

"Ralla here. Nice to meet you."

Tag: Chimeras and Kith
  22. Nethrin Jedi Knight

star 2
    IC: Minra Tekla

Minra climbed into her sim. She placed the uniform behind her in the seat and flicked a few switches, examining the control console. She looked at her info screen, noticing who her wingmate was. She flipped her com over to talk with the wingmate.

"Hey, this is Minra Tekla or Chimera 6. I'm your wingmate."

She hit a button that would put her back on general communications and spoke.

"Chimera 6 here, ready."

He touched the flight controls gently and smiled. She loved flying and it had been a while since she had.

TAG: Chimera and Kirri
  23. ewok_jedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    OOC: Sorry for just now getting a response up I was busy with posts in another, oh and I am taking a wild guess that my actual wingmate will be Rilwen's character since her number was left out and Nemesis's character was listed twice I am guessing then that the second use of Chimera thirteen should have been Chimera 14.

Sim Room

He returned the feline woman's slight nod with one of his own before responding ?I am Izen Dagar pleased to make your acquaintance.? Before the conversation could continue any further Thor unlocked the sim room and gave a layout for the squadron. It seemed he was Chimera 12 which put him in wing 7 and flight 3. How interesting it seemed the woman he had just spoken with would be his wing mate, it seemed rather odd that she would approach him and they it turns out they were wingmates. Pushing the odd thought aside he made his way over to an unoccupied simm and hoped in.

Turning on the sim he strapped himself into it before saying ?Chimera 12 four green and good to go? over the sims comm system and waiting for orders quietly from the cockpit of his simm eager to actually start the training.

TAG: Thor, any one
  24. Jedi_Caesar Force Ghost

star 4

Ralla here.Nice to meet you.
    Kith smiled as he always saw life simpler behind the cockpit consoles and said:
    "Glad to meet you too.Congrats on the flight leader post.
    You got any nickname I should call you
    ?"

TAG:Ralla,all
  25. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Seth Hasson
    Sim Room, Home One

"I am RPT-03-H. I will be your Wingmate, so to speak, for this mission."

"So to speak?" Seth questioned when he turned to look at the droid. Blinking, the human looked up and down, examining the droid. "What exactly will you be doing on my shuttle?"

Seth hadn't seen much in the way of droids helping piloting ships, but then again, Seth mostly had his feet on the ground during his career; he never got the chance to see if droids had any part in any operations involving ships. Considering that he couldn't see any droids piloting ships, he figured that RPT was just going to be Seth's communications officer or - at most - a gunner.

Tag: RPT
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.