main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends X-wing: Terms of Service - Complete! - April 30th - (RFE Teaser, May 7)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by InyriForge, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    Title: X-wing: Terms of Service
    Rating: PG to PG-13 for cursing, drinking, and adult conversations
    Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars, or the X-wing novels. No money is being made. I'm only attempting to find my poor lost sanity. Sometimes I miss it. The original characters are mine.
    Pairings: See Deception.
    Note: This is a sequel to Deception. You don't need to read that one to understand this one. You may miss a joke or two, but it won't detract from the overall plot.

~*~
    THE ROGUES:
    Rogue One - Wedge Antilles
    Rogue Two - Tycho Celchu
    Rogue Three ? Wes Janson
    Rogue Four - Hobbie Klivan
    Rogue Five - Gavin Darklighter
    Rogue Six - Murrik Rej'lya
    Rogue Seven - Cera Terlon
    Rogue Eight ? Trae Fralos
    Rogue Nine - Corran Horn
    Rogue Ten - Ooryl Qyrgg
    Rogue Eleven - Inyri Forge
    Rogue Twelve ? Kora M?ilae

OTHER IMPORTANT CHARACTERS:
    Face Loran
    Kell Tainer
    Tyria Tainer
    Dia Passik
    Shalla Nelprin
    Piggy SaBring
    Runt Ekwesh
    Iella Wessiri
    Winter Celchu
    Mirax Horn
    Valin Horn
    Rhysati Ynr-Ven
    Nawara Ven
    Lara Notsil
    Lt. Kettch
    Janine Ral/Daphne Torlennis
    Pash Cracken
    Myn Donos

~
    There were Ewoks everywhere.

And that wasn?t the worst of it. They were singing, dancing, and in the middle of the celebration at Endor, Wes Janson was teaching them how to strip. ?This?ll be perfect for the day Antilles decides to get married,? he laughed to Hobbie.

Wedge awoke with a start. For a long moment, he sat in bed, staring at the wall across the room.

?Wedge??

It was just a dream. It wasn?t real. It was just a dream. It could never happen?

?Wedge??

?Janson?Ewoks?Iella, I think that was the worst nightmare I?ve ever had.? He looked over at her. ?I think that was the worst thing that I could imagine ever seeing. Stripper Ewoks??

Iella sighed. ?Go back to sleep, Wedge.?

?We have to go home soon.? He knew there was dread in his voice.

?Go back to sleep, Wedge.?

He lay down reluctantly. ?They?ll have something planned. Mark my words. When we go home, they?ll be waiting for us. And then all hell will break loose.?

~

?To our last night of freedom.? Corran Horn hoisted his mug into the air. It was joined by a number of other glasses, clinking against each other.

?What time does Wedge return tomorrow?? Gavin asked after taking a long drink of his beer.

?They?re arriving at 0730,? Tycho explained.

?And Tycho gets to pick them up from the spaceport,? Hobbie added, ?Poor Tycho.?

?I sacrifice for the good of the group. Wedge has time to unpack, then he has meetings for most of the afternoon, so you all have some time to get rid of your hangovers before he meets with the squadron.? Tycho let his eyes stop on the youngest of the group.

?What?? Her eyes widened. ?I?m better at holding my alcohol now!? Kora protested. She slumped down in her seat. ?Honestly, you get drunk one time??

?On hardly anything, if the stories are accurate,? Cera snickered. Becoming somewhat serious, she turned to Tycho. ?Are the rumors about Donos true??

?That he?s asked to take an early retirement?? Tycho nodded. ?He?s staying with the squadron until we find a suitable replacement, same as Janine.?

?Please, Tycho, not another Wes. Whatever you do?? Hobbie?s face became forlorn. ?I don?t think I could handle having any more.?

?Speaking of Wes, does anyone else think he?s dancing a little too close to Inyri?? Corran looked over the top of his glass, scowling.

?Corran needs to let Inyri go,? Ooryl remarked. ?Inyri has reached an age where she can make decisions.?

Gavin hid a grin as Corran shot his wingman a dirty look. ?Ooryl?s right, Corran. We have to let go sometime. She?s growing up.? He shook his head, mock serious.

?Good, maybe she?ll move out soon,? Kora grumbled.

?Aw, still having roomie issues?? Cera asked.

Kora rolled her eyes and returned to her drink. ?At least we don?t have pictures of Ewoks in the room.?

?Ewoks?? Wes Janson appeared,

2. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    First reply!

*runs off to read*

3. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    *falls on the ground laughing*

Hi Targetter.

~Inyri

PS: Deception is here:
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=11145359&start=18173223

if you want to read it. I've heard the boards are going bye, so I'm not going to make my link list quite yet.

~Inyri

4. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    *snickers and bows* Thank you very much. :p

Now then, la post. :p ;)

?Janson?Ewoks?Iella, I think that was the worst nightmare I?ve ever had.? He looked over at her. ?I think that was the worst thing that I could imagine ever seeing. Stripper Ewoks??

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] Stripper... ewoks... [face_laugh][face_laugh]

?Speaking of Wes, does anyone else think he?s dancing a little too close to Inyri?? Corran looked over the top of his glass, scowling.

?Corran needs to let Inyri go,? Ooryl remarked. ?Inyri has reached an age where she can make decisions.?

Awww, overprotective Corran! :p

?Tycho had better have a son,? Inyri remarked. ?He?d be too overprotective of a daughter.?

?Tycho will be overprotective, no matter what,? Hobbie said. ?It could be worse. Wedge could be having kids.?

Yep, I agree with those two. :p

And Inyri's right... if Wedge can handle Wes, he can handle kids. :p

The rest of Wes? remark was cut off with a loud crash as a speeder was hurled through the front cantina wall.

I knew the humor couldn't last for long. :(

Oh man, Inyri, I've missed this, I've really missed your fics, girl! I've been laughing so hard for the last few minutes, (I'm in the middle of class, :p) I've been deprived of some good Wes/Inyri too, :p

I can't wait to see more!!! :) :) :) :)

~Jenn

5. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    Jenn, get help. That makes how many times I've told you that??

Great postie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay, sequel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*prances around thread because she is on a sugar high*

And that wasn?t the worst of it. They were singing, dancing, and in the middle of the celebration at Endor, Wes Janson was teaching them how to strip.
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

?Honestly, you get drunk one time??
    Poor kid. [:D]

?Speaking of Wes, does anyone else think he?s dancing a little too close to Inyri??
    If only Corran knew what they did in Evasion...

?Janson, Bothans should not be hurled through the air.??
    Is there something wrong with the fact that I can actually see Wes doing that? *catches flying Bothan*

?And tell her if it?s a boy, she should name it after his Uncle Wes,?
    *runs away from another child named Wes*

?Somehow, I think Wedge will be able to handle children just fine,? She replied, glancing at Wes.
    Well, he is a good Dad...Wonder why...

The rest of Wes? remark was cut off with a loud crash as a speeder was hurled through the front cantina wall.
    Uh-oh...

Great beginning,
    Myra
    PS-I don't usually do long reviews, but I'm home sick today and have nothing to do.

6. JainaSticksSolo19

JainaSticksSolo19 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 31, 2003
    *runs in and hugs inyri"
    YOU'RE BACK! :eek:
    i'm so happy! :_|
    great postie. i love it! so good to start things out with a bang, wouldn't you say?
    i can't wait for the next postie.

~Sticks~

P.S: have i told you how much i missed you, inyri!?!

7. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    *falls over ded*

Inyri?! *bakes you cookies!!*

Yay!

Great start, I love it! Starting with a bang...and Ewoks. ;) What more perfect way to start?!

8. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    *squeals* Inyri is back!

(yes, I literally squealed when I saw your name and the words "Deception Sequel.)

[face_laugh] at Wedge's nightmare. And at Corran being overprotective of Inyri, that was cute. ;)

?Somehow, I think Wedge will be able to handle children just fine,? She replied, glancing at Wes.

[face_laugh] That's great.

:eek: at the speeder through the catina wall. Goodness, they never stay out of trouble long, do they?

Keep up the outstanding work, and I'm glad you're back with us! :D

9. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Hey guys,

Thanks so much. You made me blush like a thousand times. I don't know what prompted me to do this. :p I do have the second post written, but knowing how I fall behind (especially knowing my next two weeks schedule) I'll probably wait until the end of the week to put it up.

I've missed all of you, too.

~Inyri

10. Alion_Sangre

Alion_Sangre Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Oh dear. Just when you thought it was safe in Beyond the Saga ... [face_mischief]

Melikes. Melikes very much :cool:

11. Anastasia_Fel

Anastasia_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    :eek: YEAH!!! [:D]

I get the feeling this is going to be one heck of a ride, just look at the people we've got int here :p

Sam

12. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    *blinks eyes ... rubs eyes ... shakes head*

Inyri???????? Nah ... must be a hallucination. *heads off for another mug of caf*

;)

13. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Alion, boom. ;)

Sam, it usually is. I need help. :p

thor, I still have that fic to torment you. [face_devil] jk, I heart you.

~*~
    The 411 on the OC's from "Deception" (In case you're just joining us now...)

Kora - young, human pilot. Recently graduated top of her class at the flight academy. Often shows her immaturity (such as former crushes on Gavin and Corran, and an incident with alcohol).

Cera - Rodian pilot with background in psychology. Decided academia wasn't for her and joined the NR millitary. Similar personality to most pilots.

Janine/Daphne - Double agent for NRI, exposed by both sides in the last story. Desperately wants to get out of the millitary. Was involved with Pash Cracken when he was undercover at the Imperial flight academy.

Okay, I think that's all the catch up required.

~Inyri

14. CarrKicksDoor

CarrKicksDoor Jedi Master star 3

Jan 16, 2005

Damn. :D

SHE'S BACK, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!!

*tackle/hugs Inyri* I'm so glad you're back!! I'm going to go and read the end of Deception (can you believe I didn't read all of it, I'm so ashamed) so I can get all caught up. :)

Wonderful post. I love Corran being overprotective of Inryi, it's hilarious.

Love you much!

~Carr (Rogue, yes, I'm back too! We'll have a reunion!)

P.S. (Am I engaged to Hobbie in this one?)

15. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    CARR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Totally Hearts Carr*

We'll have a big old party in my thread! :)

I can write a scene in the story where Hobbie proposes to you. How's that?

~Inyri

16. CarrKicksDoor

CarrKicksDoor Jedi Master star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Yay!!! *so excited*

...I wonder what my boyfriend would think of me marrying Hobbie.... (Yes, I have a new one, and he's approvable and not a creep like the last one you hate!) ;)

~Carr

17. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    YAY, Carr! Glad you found a good one. :) :) :)

I think he'll survive when he learns about your relationship with Hobbie. I doubt RL men are threatened by fictional characters.

~Inyri

18. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Two

?I don?t know how much more of this I can take,? Winter complained, easing into the sofa.

?The doctors said the baby could come at any time,? Tycho replied calmly. Lately, Winter had been acting annoyed, angry, and upset more than usual. It was a new experience to see her this way; typically his wife was one of the calmest, most collected people he knew.

?Can it be sooner rather than later?? She muttered.

?Hi, Tycho,? The front door banged open, ?I have a flight test tomorrow and my roommate is insisting on having every person in the barracks over. Can I sleep here tonight??

Cheriss sleeping over at his house was not uncommon. He?d commented Wedge about two months ago that she may as well just move in; the girl seemed to enjoy having Winter mother her, and Winter enjoyed having help around the house. ?Cheriss, we need to talk about something.?

?Sure.? She stopped on her way towards the hall and turned to face him. After a moment, she frowned. ?Is something wrong??

?No. Mara Jade commed earlier looking for you. She said you two spar from time to time?? It wasn?t that he had a problem with Mara. She?d helped the New Republic a number of times. She was even involved with Lando Calrissian. It was just that if they were going to try to civilize Cheriss, having her spend time practicing swordsmanship with Mara was not exactly the way to do it.

?Yeah. She doesn?t like sparring with Wedge?s friend, and Corran Horn is too busy with his family.? She shrugged. ?She tends to win, but I can hold my own. People on Coruscant fight very differently than we do on Adumar. I?ve learned a good deal.?

?Yes, well, Mara isn?t exactly typical of??

?Tycho,? Winter interrupted, ?You do know that Zak used to be part of Karrde?s organization, don?t you??

?It?s not the Karrde thing. It?s?? His comlink beeped. Tycho glanced at it. ?What now?? He thumbed it on. ?Celchu.?

?Tycho, it?s Hobbie. Something very bad just happened.?

He sighed. With Hobbie, things were always bad. ?How bad??

?A speeder just flew through the front end of the cantina. The police are here interviewing all of us, the holo-news crews have captured it all, and the speeder was driven by the daughter of one of the Contruum senators.?

He sighed, glancing from his wife to Cheriss to the comlink. ?I?ll be right there.? Thumbing it off, he pointed at Cheriss. ?We?ll finish our discussion when I return.? Tycho turned to Winter. ?Contact me if something happens.? He turned and headed for the door. What else could go wrong tonight?

~

There was a knock on the door. Daphne glanced up from the datapad she was reading. ?It?s open.?

?You aren?t out with the rest of the squadron?? Myn Donos pushed it open and leaned against the doorframe.

?I don?t see the point. It?s not like I?m about to go on a six month tour of duty or anything.? She set the datapad down. ?You??

?Same thing. That, and I?ve been planning a wedding most of the evening. I thought small, informal ceremonies were supposed to be simple.? He shook his head.

?So you?re really doing it??

?We?re really doing it.? Myn smiled. ?Finally.?

?Can I ask you something? You?re giving up your career, everything you?ve worked for until now. Is it worth it??

His smile widened. ?Yes.? Becoming serious, he stepped inside. ?It?s a choice, Janine. On one hand, I could stay with the squadron. Yet every time something went wrong, every time someone died in battle, every time something even malfunctioned, suspicion would fall on Lara.?

?Or on you,? she put in.

?I suppose on me as well. I don?t want that. She doesn?t want that. This is for the best.? He smiled again, ?Besides, being a starfighter pilot really isn?t great for raising a family.?

?Lara?s???

?No, not yet. But we want children. I don?t want them to have to wonder if their father is going to come home again or not. I want to see them grow up. You don?t get those luxuries in this kind of work.?

She sighed. ?No, you don?t.?

~

?I think they?re done with us.? Gavin rejoined the group after giving

19. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    LOL OMG !! INRYI IS BACK! U DONT KNOW HOW MANY TIMES IVE REREAD DECEPTION! AND NOW IM LIKE SO OFF THE WALL EXCITED! WES/INYRI ROX!

Glad to see u back and specially glad bout the sequel! im in the midst of AAU/Select Gold softball right now so im gone all the time, so i may get a couple of posts behind now and again, but i am still here!

20. Anastasia_Fel

Anastasia_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    What else could go wrong tonight?

Famous last words ;)

You'd think after all this time Tycho would know better than that... *shrugs*

great update Inyri :D

Sam

21. Alion_Sangre

Alion_Sangre Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Oh Lordy, the press is involved. Wedge and Tycho are not going to like this one bit ... why do I think somebody should ask Corran to, I don't know, delete a few things from the guy's head? Make for a funny news blooper [face_thinking]

Mara training Cheriss in swordfighting? Umm ... uh-oh.

22. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Post Three

?Papers, please.? The customs officer held out his hand.

Wedge handed them over with a sigh. Beside him, Iella snickered.

?Lt. Kettch, is it? And Mrs. Kettch?? The officer looked up at him. ?You know, you look a lot like that Rogue commander.?

Wedge sighed again. ?I get that all the time.? He really was going to have to kill Janson. It was bad enough the tickets weren?t in his real name, but having to tell every customs officer he was Lt. Kettch was just too much.

?Reason for visit?? The officer looked bored.

?We live here,? Iella said sweetly. ?See?? She pointed at one of the papers.

Still disinterested, he nodded. ?Welcome to Coruscant.? The officer stamped the papers and handed them back.

Iella burst into laughter as soon as they?d cleared the station.

?It isn?t funny.?

?Yes, it is. It could have been worse, Wedge. A lot worse.? She smiled and waved. ?There?s Tycho.?

Wedge raised a hand to wave as well, but his attention was diverted to a holo screen showing local news. That wasn?t?he moved away from Iella to take a closer look. Oh good Force, it was.

?Wedge?? Iella touched his arm. She sucked in a breath a moment later. ?That?s Corran.?

?And the rest of them. What the hell goes on when I?m not around? Speeder wrecks in bars? How did this even happen??

?Maybe it?s not as bad as it seems?? Iella sounded doubtful.

?No, it?s worse.? He paused, watching the screen a moment longer. ?Much worse.? He turned to look at Tycho. His XO had obviously realized what he?d seen. Tycho was motioning them over. Wedge looked at Iella. ?Looks like it?s time for some answers.?

~
    ?Hobbs.?

?Wes, I?m tired, I?m hung over, and I was nearly run over by a speeder in a bar last night. Let me sleep.? He grabbed his pillow and shoved it over his head.

His roommate obviously had other ideas. Janson grabbed it away. ?Hobbs, this is serious.?

?Whatever you did, Wedge won?t care. He has bigger problems.? Hobbie pushed himself into a sitting position. ?Now give me my pillow and let me sleep.?

?I slept with Nateli. Not since I?ve been with Inyri, but before that. We used to have this on-again-off-again thing going. If I was on-world, and she wasn?t seeing anyone?? he shrugged. ?Inyri?s going to find out.?

?Who?s Nateli?? Hobbie asked, still groggy. He didn?t care to know who Janson had or had not slept with.

?The woman driving the speeder.?

Oh wonderful. He should be surprised, but after knowing Wes Janson this long, nothing surprised him anymore. ?Inyri?s a big girl. She?s had lovers and she knows your reputation. It won?t shock her.? Hobbie held out his hand. ?Pillow, Wes.? Realizing he wasn?t going to get it, he sighed. ?Look, if you?re that worried about it, tell Inyri. It?s better if she hears it from you. If the sludgenews decides to play off this whole government conspiracy, they?ll drag it up and plaster it on the cover of every tabloid.?

~

?They weren?t involved. They were just there for a night out.? Tycho turned the speeder onto another street. ?But when they refused to answer questions, the press had a field day. On the plus, any sort of cover up would be the sort of thing Cracken is in charge of.?

?Which means I?ll have to deal with it. Not a plus, Tycho,? Iella replied.

?After all he?s put us through, you included, Iella, I think it?s rather just. Besides, it?ll all die down in a few days. The media tends to forget things as soon as something more exciting happens. They?ll be wrapped up with another scandal faster than you could pull a hyperspace lever.?

?Especially with our government,? Wedge said thoughtfully. ?Either that, or they?ll follow Han Solo around and drive him crazy.?

Tycho hid a smile. He?d noticed that wherever Han or Luke Skywalker went, trouble seemed to follow. Obviously, everyone else noticed as well. ?The squadron was told to report for a meeting at 1700.?

?That?s right before they usually eat. Do you honestly thin

23. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    You already know how much I love these posts. They're still good. [face_love]
    Myra

24. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    =D=

Great Stuff!!

InyriForge, I don't believe we've met.

**extends hand**

oldjedinurse, here, or "ojn", or "oldj" (my latest favorite) :D

Pleased to meet your talented self. Love those pilots - and you write them so very well.

**hands out cookies** Energy so you can write more!

oldj

25. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Very funny fic :) I can't wait to read more of it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.