main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X-Wings

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by JayTee_Erricck, Sep 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    1) I was 7 when A New Hope was originally released. I was fortunate enough to have the original 3 3/4"-scale X-Wing vehicle as a kid.

Over the years, I keep seeing Hasbro/Kenner release all these new X-Wings but they always seem to skip one cool feature.

Remember in "The Empire Strikes Back" (& possibly ROTJ as well), we see Luke fixing his X-Wing from its access panel underbelly? BETTER YET, he has a storage space hatch that lowers / flips down so that he can put stuff up in it. These are features UNDER the X-Wing's main body.

I'm wondering, does ANYONE ELSE want an X-Wing vehicle with these cool features? I keep waiting but they keep skipping those details.

I guess if I was talented enough to customize my own X-Wing to include those features, I would.

2) Which is the BEST version of the X-Wing out (3 3/4" scale) so far? Can X-Wing collectors please let me know? I'm also wondering HOW CLOSE is the best version to actually being movie / screen-accurate in terms of size (in relation to the figures).

May the Force be with us.

Jay Tee Erricck

2. JayTee_Erricck

Aug 2, 2004
    Wow. The crickets are really LOUD in here!

Jay Tee Erricck
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com

3. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    I'd say the 2002 Luke Skywalker version is as accurate as can be, without losing play value. It has been rereleased in different paint schemes since then, the latest being Wedge's X-Wing. Otherwise it'd become a model, you know. The hatch feature would be a great little update and should be easy to make for Hasbro.

Funny, I was watching TESB last night and I noticed a little glitch: when Luke climbs up the ladder into his cockpit, the camera switches to Yoda and Ben and then back to Luke in the cockpit. But.... the ladder's gone :eek: !

4. JayTee_Erricck

Aug 2, 2004
    IncomT65,

Thanks so much for the response!

I'll be sure to check out Luke's 2002 X-Wing.

As for the ladder, could Luke have moved it with the Force before the shot returned to him? Ha, ha. At least we know Yoda (or Obi-Wan) could.

Maybe the Force wasn't with the continuity people on that crew that day.

May the Force be with you.

Jay Tee Erricck
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com

5. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    I have the 4 versions of the 2002 X-Wing. I Suggest the Red leader version, or the Dagohbah Luke version.

The First Luke version has WAY to much black on the nose and engines.
    The second is the best version of Lukes Scheme.
    The 3rd, the red leader version, has the best overall look i think.
    The new Wedge X-Wing has a nice exterior, but no markings on the control surfaces, so it looks a little plain.

6. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    *is late to the party*

Just remember that no matter how you display it, you'll need to reinforce the wing supports - they start to droop very quickly, whether the wings are open or closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.