main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey X2 discussion

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthGyos, May 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    Ok Fanboys and Fangirls-
    Me and the little lady saw X2 yesterday and must say that I was very impressed. I love the fact that people died. Yes, when stabbed-you tend to die!

I like the fact that Collosus (sp?) and Phoenix were shown. The Nightcrawler effects were great (and the acting I might add). I am trying to find something that I didn't like, and can't seem to do it. Maybe if I see it another 2 or 3 times, I'll find something.

Let's discuss, Shall We?

2. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Well, we saw it twice opening weekend. [face_blush] :D And I just bought the book last night. :D We knew it would be rather good if David Hayter's story was used for the most part. He would be great at getting Wolverine's Char, and he did. :D

The only thing I had a little issue with was that Bobby didn't seem to do much, but maybe that's part of his char. I don't really remember reading Iceman's story too much in the comics. I just know he's a bit of a Jerk in Capcom's X-Men fighters. (A very cheap character :( )

I'm still not sure if I like the tattooing on Kurt. He happens to be one of my fav chars, but I'll live with them since they had a decent explaination. But I would have much preferred a short fur covering. And also a hint towards the relationship between Mystique and Kurt.

As for the story and how it progressed and maintained a sense of order; That was great. There is so much going on and a lot of foreshadowing it can be hard to maintain the intensity and not falter.

When Wolvie first killed that guy though, I was in complete shock. I was like, "He just killed that guy." [face_shocked] And then he did it again, "He just killed that guy!" [face_shocked] And then again and again, and by the time we got to like the fifth guy I was like, "That's SO cool! :cool:"

And just so you know, not only did I buy the X-Men book last night, but I also bought "The Once and Future King" by T.H. White. I got curious when they referenced it twice in the movie. I wanted to see what it's relevance was.

Overall though, we really liked it. And since the Matrix tickets are already on sale and sold out at some theatres, we have no problems going to see X-Men instead. ;)

3. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    I think that the only one of us not to see it is Mike.

Anyways...I saw it opening night...

The crowd was very enthusiastic...I too found nothing wrong with the film.

4. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    The Once and Future King is a wonderful book about King Arthur :) Also try to pick up the Book of Merlyn which is sort of a prequel to that one.

Anyway, I thought this movie was phenomenal. I like all the cameos (especially Shadowcat and Jubilee, even though she was only in it for the last scene...LOL)

Nightcrawler was always my favorite X-Man and personally I think they did a phenomenal job with him in this movie. The tattoos were a bit odd, but I really liked the explanation and I think they also looked really cool. I wonder if they'll explain his and Mystique's relationship in the next movie.

And Jean Grey! Holy cow! I always liked her character, even though I was usually in the minority with my friends...LOL. I really like the way Famke Janssen portrays her, and I really like the way they're totally setting her up to be the Phoenix.

I wasn't really thrilled with Cyclops this time as he really didn't seem to have much to do. And I agree that I would have also liked to see more of Bobby's character.

Roll on X3!

5. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    I know I can't wait for X3, because I'm sure one is already in the works. ;) All I can say is Singer and Hayter better come back to write the next one.

Famke does do a great job with Jean, and all the cameos were great. I am curious to see what the deal with Gambit is. They had him in the list with Lensher when Mystique was getting information on their computer. And I also want to see how Hank will be brought into this. It was great to see him too. :D

I was also a bit disappointed with the lack of development for Scott and Bobby, but that can always wait until X3! :D Besides, they really did have so much going on right now, to do too much more would overload the viewers.

I did like the scene with Mystique and Kurt, when he asked her why she didn't stay cloaked all the time. I really hope they develop that. But we'll have to see. ;)

Oh, and thanks for the heads up on the other book. I looked up the book after the movie. When I realized it was about Arthur and Merlyn, I have been itching to go and get the book. I've always been curious about it but never got around to finding anything about it. So, I'll ead this and then check out your suggestion. ;)

6. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    I'll put it simply, because I'm about to leave for Ohio in a little bit.

Here is the comic book film rankings since 1989.

1. Batman
    2. X2
    3. Spiderman
    4. X-Men
    5. Daredevil
    6. rest of Batman sequels

X2 = :D

As a long time reader and fan, I was incredibly impressed, and I loved how Singer did the movie. High marks indeed.

7. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    Well, I'm not a comic book fan and even I liked it! It made me want to learn more about the characters (and what happened to Jean).

And the English Major in me geeked out when they kept bringing up The Once And Future King. It actually works as foreshadowing to Phoenix. I had to learn the story in class (The Once And Future King, not X-Men).

8. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    I have always liked the X-Men...but never read the comics. I watched some of the cartoon...

But now I am getting disappointed. I know nothing of most of the characters that you are all mentioning...

9. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
  10. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    LOL, don't worry too much about it. I only know some of them. I used to read the comics when I was in Highschool, but with all the different story archs and crossovers and such, I gave up trying to keep up. ;)

Although I did break out a few of the comics I have last night. I just don't want to get in depth again. But I do like a number of the stories that I have read. Like the whole Mystique/Nightcrawler/Rogue thing. It was interesting and I would really like to see them develop that scenario. I wish that Gambit(Remy LeBeau) could have been brought in, but I understand as to why.

The ages of certain characters in relation to others have been altered slightly. So we'll see how they handle some things in the next movie.

The only other suggestion we would have liked to see in this movie was to have Mystique to be in her white dress at least at one point. But that's just us. Might have helped with some of the FX costs. Again, that was up to them. OH, well. ;)

11. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    thanks Dana....

Work puter is not reading the second link though...I'll check when I get to my parents sometime this weekend

12. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    Nightcrawler is Mystique's son right?

13. Coral Duster

Coral Duster Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2000
    In the comic book continuity Nightcrawler has at least been rumored (if not outright told) he is Mystique's son.. but in the film.. since Alan Cummings is OLDER than Rebecca Romaine(sp?) Stamos, I really doubt they're going to use that part of the story.

Hell, Wolverine is supposed to be about 5'2, and Hugh is about 6'3. Kind of makes a "Fastball Special"* impossible.

*Fastball Special in the comic was when Colossus would hurl Wolverine at an enemy (with his claws out and ready to scrap.)

14. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    That he is :)

15. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    I thought it was finally determined that Kurt was Mystique's son in the comics. I have a series that talked about their family tree. Kurt now consider's Rogue a step-sister. (Eventhough they are not blood related at all.)

I thought about the possibility in the movies already. Considering that there is "no way" to determine Logan's real age, it might also apply to Mystique. Since she morphs so frequebtly and she remains the same when normal, can we reallly know her true age? It's just a thought. ;)

16. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    There isn't enough Colossus in the movie. MMMMColossus. ;)

17. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    I was shocked at some of the missing names on that 1st site...

No Pyro, no Fire Storm...

18. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    I loved X2. Yes....Fangirl is going to go see it again with Fanboy. I love Jean Grey. She's one of my favorite X-Men. And not just because she's a girl! ;) I loved the ending, it just leaves SO much open for X3. I can't wait to see how the Pyro/Iceman thing unfolds, and of course, Phoenix! I'm SO excited.

I thought it was sooooo much better than the first. And I really hope Bryan Singer directs the third. Because he really is a great director (The Usual Suspects....need I say more?!)

19. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Well, I went and watched it again yesterday...I guess with my current state of mind & health, I was not really into it...

About the only thing new that I recognized was the book....and now I understand why Jean Gray was "flaming"

20. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    I hopet hey don't leave out alot of the classic characters like Angel or Havok. I also wouldnt be too suprised if you see some of the New Mutants (cannonball, Sunspot, Wolvesbane, etc.)
    Shadowcat was my boyhood crush. There. I said it.
    X3 should be awesome!!

21. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Am I the only one who could give two CRAPS about these movies?

22. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Mike...you better watch your mouth in this thread. :p

Everyone is excited, and we don't need you bringing us down. ;)

And if you love the OT, you probably will love this too...

Unlike Harry Potter (which I will never give a chance), I recommend that you give this a chance.

23. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Yes, Shawn....that's why Jean Grey was flaming! (I said Jean Grey, NOT Fagneto!)

I sure hope they bring in Gambit!

24. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Mike, don't worry about it. You don't have to be excited about X-men, since I'm not excited about Matrix. (and I know I'm gonna hear flack for that. :p )

There's a lot I hope for in the next one, but I'll be happy with what they give me. ;)

25. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    [face_laugh] 's @ Marie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.