main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto X2 or at least what I thaught about it ****SPOILERS****

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Uilmuteiz, May 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Review of X2

A movie that can stand alone by itself just as well as he can be paired with the first one. X2, X-men united, is a great movie that takes us back into the Marvel world of Super-heros.

When a young mutant attacks the white house, militant authorities use it as a reason to launch an attack on Xavier's school for the gifted. However they thumble upon the worst baby sitter they could have and they get in a small altercation with "professor" Logan.

Even tough some mutants did escaped this nightmare, William Stryker gets what he was coming for.

And so the remaining X-Men quest to the coldest state of USA to find and rescue their friends.

Don't forget that the enemies of your enemies are you friends, and you will see the first step of the great mutant war.

All the characters are greatly depicted and it's nice to see some of the background characters exploited that well in some cases.

Wolverine is present at least 1/3 of the movie, but it still leaves it interesting enough for us to wonder about his past a little bit more.

Jean Grey / Scott Summers
    The couple is going trought some difficulties in the movie, I'll let you see how it turns out.

Every other character simmers down a little bit, I mean emotionally wise, and the acts of Pyro, Iceman, Rogue and Colossus are fun to watch.

I highly recommend this movie and I can only say this, Matrix Reloaded will have some competition.

The movie does end on an "I wish there were more" note, but it's only to tease us. I know I'll be watching the next chapter.

2. Psiberian

Psiberian Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2000
    Wow. I saw this movie last night, and....Wow.

Bryan Singer has been quoted a few times as saying that X2 is going to be his Empire Strikes Back, and the man was definitely not just blowing smoke. This was easily the best comic book movie thus far, and definitely a contender for best sequel.

I don't have the time to do a full review right now, but suffice it to say that:
    1)the characters were perfectly realized, from Wolverine's leading role down to the more-then-just-cameo appearances of characters like Colossus, Shadowcat, and even Siryn.
    2) The action was amazing from the very beginning to the oh, so painful Joss Whedon-style ending that had me yelling at the screen (Buffy fans will understand that reference after they've seen the film)
    3) The story was there throughout - not just entertaining us now, but also, in the fashion of every good comic book, promising oh so much more to come...I want to see X3 tomorrow...and I want the DVD for this one right now. ;)

Of course, I could say more, but I'll wait until everyone else has seen it...

(By the way guys - Hi! I know I've been lurking for quite awhile, but I've been meaning to jump back in again, and this was as good a time as any! :) )

3. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    Ignoring content, becuase of spoilers, please in the future post that poilers lurk within, i cant see the movie to monday, anyways hi to Psiberian, i wondered where u have been. welcome back

4. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

HELLO!!!! can you PUH-LEASE post that there are spoilers!! i was almost lead into that trap and really REALLY got annoyed.

if you liked it thats cool, just say that theres spoilers okey day?

thankies muchly.

christina (always spoiler free..well i try)

5. CranieAmidala

CranieAmidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2001
    I'm not meaning to start a war or a feud, but judging by the name of the thread, you are taking your chances by reading it.
    If you wished to stay spoiler-free, then you simply don't read the thread. Just a thought. ?[face_plain]

6. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I have adjusted the title of this thread...

7. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    I have heard nothing but great things about this Movie so far, I am going to see it tonight (Opening Night) I know it will be crazy, but I don't care, it will be worth it :D

8. Psiberian

Psiberian Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2000
    Sorry guys - I was doing my darndest not to have any spoilers in my post yesterday, but I guess the names of the cameos could be considered such (though at least two of the three were in the trailers).

Honestly, I was just so exited about the movie after seeing it the other day, that it was really hard to contain myself...I couldn't even talk to my friends at work about it...I guess that's the downside of seeing the sneak preview :)

Can't wait 'till everyone else has seen it...We'll talk more then.... :D

9. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    It was great!

I can`t wait until X3 comes out, where Cyclops steals the Blackbird to return Jean Grey to the Genesis planet...

;)

10. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    I just saw it, what a great flick over all. although iceman needs more time, but he will in X3 you know that will happen when he goes against pryo, thats not a spoiler its a prediction. I loved this movie and im very happy

11. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

Why do they make Canada to look like Alaska?

12. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    And all snowy!

13. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

Well.. it was Vancouver...

14. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    vancouver is never snowy even when its snowing trust me I lived there

15. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Brilliant Movie, way better than the first IMO.

The fighting was incredible, and Lady Death strike gets extra points for being able to fight like that while wearing stelito's ;)

16. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Lady Death strike gets extra points for wearing stelito's [face_laugh]

17. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Sorry about that guys, but I did my very best NOT to actually put spoilers in my review...

and I can't really see many in psiberian post although maybe the part about the end of the movie...

still

I'm sorry won't happen again, but keep in mind what Cranie talked about...

If there's a review thread about a movie 2 days before it comes out, It might have some spoilers, as it might not... make it your call of reading it or not.

sorry again.

18. The_Lady_THX

The_Lady_THX Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2003
    DARTH2-D2: I agree totally with you that Pyro and Iceman will fight. You could tell just the way he [pyro] acted at Bobby's house, he was evil! And what a better story line then two supposed friends fighting?

I SOOOO can't wait till X3

Princess

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.