main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL X2...the C-Force Report...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Bosh_Talk, May 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Well, saw X2 last night. I thought it rocked. I had some problems with it, but overall a really fun movie. Definitely a must-see on the silver screen (I didn't see the original X-Men till it was released on DVD).

These were some of my problems (Spoilers below):

-Splitting everyone up into like 5 groups diluted it a bit.

-Rogue & Cyclops might as well have not been in the movie.

-Trying to give Storm .02 seconds of character background (mostly dislike of humans) to round out her character was pretty worthless. I hate Storm & Halle, so purging them into one entity almost makes me want to puke.

Some things I liked about it:

It should have been titled: X2: How F'n Cool Can We Make Wolverine?

Rebecca Romijn-Stamos. I love Mistique and RRJ..so merging the two into one entity almost makes me want to....be John Stamos.

Evil, brooding, irritating Pyro.

2. zombieone

zombieone Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2002
    Hey I agree with your report..This is a great movie and fans of the comic like myself will be happy with it and those that just like action films will be happy

I didnt view how they spilt them into groups as a problem though, they always worked in small teams like they did in this movie and it helped see certain relationships better

Instead of having a ton of Cyclops they wanted to bring Jean up and flesh out her character more, and if they make another film which it looks like they will
    Jean and Cyclops will have the major roles in it

3. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I haven't had a chance to see the movie yet, but I did read Ray Pride's interview with Bryan Singer in the new issue of NewCity. At the end, Singer expressed how The Empire Strikes Back was a major influence on the film. Here's the last paragraph:

There's a love scene between two characters who've held back until the middle of this second installment that plays like a riff on one of the most famous scenes in "The Empire Strikes Back." "I love `The Empire Strikes Back.' It's very much an inspiration to this, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't," Singer claims. Like "Empire," he defined his challenge as "making a second film that was more rich in character and with a larger landscape, and perhaps darker, but with humor and more romance. But when I shot that scene, I decided they would kiss on the set that morning. I shut down for about an hour, feeling that in the scene, they were talking about their relationship, not acting on it. After sitting in a field for an hour, it was like, `Ah! They should kiss!' I turned to the camera crew, I said, `You look like a bunch of heterosexual males. How many of you think these two characters should kiss? I got eleven yeses, and one, "Can they do more?" One night toward the end of the shoot, I sat down with some of my friends and watched `Empire,' which I hadn't watched in years. And there's this damn scene where Princess Leia's helping fix the Millennium Falcon and this guy comes up, he's not as roguish as he thinks..." He trails off, having described his own scene in "X2." "I'm very proud of that moment, it was spontaneous and necessary to further that journey. Thank God I'm friends with George Lucas."

Phil

4. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    For a time in my youth, Claremont's X-Men eclipsed even Star Wars when it came to generating a zealous fervor in my heart (largely due to the fact that SW was all but unheard of during my early teen years) so --like the first X-movie-- I was very happy to see that the filmmakers used Claremont-era characters (and they _stayed_ in character) while telling a very different story.

I would've liked to have seen more of Colossus, and who knows if they'll ever do anything with Nitghcrawler/Mystique, but I suppose all that can wait.

There's talk of focusing on a specific character while telling a larger story in each sucessive film (it was Logan this time, you-know-who is obviously next, etc.) Singer and the producers have done a great job so far, and there's plenty of characters with rich backgrounds. With a little patience, they can turn this into a Bond-level franchise without it getting stale.

-Le Penguin
    "But what I do best isn't very nice."

5. zombieone

zombieone Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2002
    it was good to see Colossus get some screen time, even if it was a small amount
    I was alittle surprised they didnt give him his Russian accent
    but the effect on him was great

I would really like to see them use Gambit

6. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Did anyone one else catch Gambit's name? When Mystique is logging into the computer, and choses Magneto's name, LeBeau, Remy is above it. Did anyone catch the other names?

7. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    I had the misfortune of deeming it necessary to threaten the loud people sitting behind me during that scene. I turned around just in time to see "Madrox, Jamie." I assume all the names will be recognized once we get a few screencaps.

I also noticed Jubilee back in the Professor's classroom again. Hopefully they'll find more for her to do than just take notes next film.

Piotr's non-Russian accent was acceptable, especially since they'd already showed him drawing.

The larger scope of the movie is awakening all sorts of old X-memories. I imagine there shall be much discussion on the boards and during events throughout the summer. I can't wait to see what they do with the Child of Light and Darkness.

I wonder if they could find a way to bring in Warlock.... or better yet, Lockheed.

OK, I gotta stop.

-Le Penguin
    "This is not a great disguise."

8. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Jubilee showed up briefly somewhere else. Can't remember, like a second.
    Kitty had more to do, that whole chase scence had my heart racing, just cuz it was soooo cool.

9. zombieone

zombieone Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2002
    I did catch Remys name in the list, they had planned on giving him a very small walk on part but it ended up being cut out

Jubilee did have a little screen time which was good to see, I would like to see them give her a larger part

10. Luke_Skywalker_12

Luke_Skywalker_12 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 11, 2002
    I had also seen the movie the very first day it had came out and I have to say that this movie rocked! :cool:

I can't wait till the next one comes because I'm hoping to see some new characters to arrive. We sure did see alot of new ones in this one,but we still need to see alot more ;)

11. zombieone

zombieone Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2002
    I am looking forward to seeing a X3 made. I just hope everyone signs back on for it. My guess if anyone doesnt sign back on it will be Berry. Which I hope doesnt happen since everyone see her as storm now

12. podracerdave

podracerdave Jedi Master

Mar 10, 2002
    Pretty darn good movie!

13. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    LOVED IT!

14. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    Seen on computer screens in X-Men2

Thanks to contributors to the IMDb.com:
    -----

Guthrie, Paige (Husk)
    Guthrie, Samuel (Cannonball)
    Harada, Keniucho (known as The Silver Samurai)
    Kane, Garrison (Weapon X)
    LeBeau, Remy (Gambit)
    Lensherr, Eric M (Magneto)
    Maddicks, Artie (Artie)
    Madrox, Jamie (Multiple Man)
    Mahn, Xi'an Coy (Karma)
    Maximoff (2) (Wanda and Pietro, Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver
    McTaggart, Kevin (Proteus)
    Moonstar, Danielle (Moonstar)
    Munroe, Ororo (Storm)

On another screen there were a series of folders on the computer's desktop. These folders listed some well-known individuals or places from the X-Men universe, including: Omega Red (Russian mutant super soldier)
    Muir Island (Scottish mutant research facility)
    Project Wideawake (Codename for Sentinel project)
    Franklin Richards (Son of Fantastic Four's Reed Richards and Sue Storm, born a mutant)
    Cerebro
    -----

-Le Penguin
    "Then again, I'm not the most orthodox of people."

15. Rex_Karrde

Rex_Karrde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    Beast might make an appereance in X-Men III. I found this a couple of days ago in Celebrity Interviews @ Holliwood.Com

"Drawings on the walls of the production office also reveal costume upgrades (Halle Berry's Storm and Famke Janssen's Jean Grey get new hairdos; James Marsden's Cyclops gets a different visor) and X-Men that never materialized (the character of Beast was considered but ultimately left out, for now)".

To read more just click here.

16. Luke_Skywalker_12

Luke_Skywalker_12 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 11, 2002
    Yes there will be an X3 but I think that we should save Beast till a fourth one. Many people have said that Beast already made an appearance in X2, but when I saw the movie I never saw him in it!

17. DestinyFroste

DestinyFroste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]At one point when they are watching television, they are interviewing Dr. Henry McCoy aka Beast.[/color]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.