main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Waco, TX X2: X-Men 2

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by jango-joe1, Jun 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jango-joe1

jango-joe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2001
    Alan Cumming will play the blue teleporting mutant Nightcrawler in the upcoming sequel to X-Men, Variety reported. Cumming (GoldenEye) joins a cast that includes returning X-Men Patrick Stewart, Halle Berry, James Marsden, Hugh Jackman, Anna Paquin and Famke Janssen, as well as newcomer Aaron Stanford as Pyro, the trade paper reported. Ian McKellen is also in the cast, reprising his role as the villainous Magneto.

The sequel, called X2, is being directed by X-Men helmer Bryan Singer and will begin production in Vancouver, B.C., on June 17. Dan Harris and Michael Dougherty wrote the script.

-----------------------

Patrick Stewart, who reprises the role of Professor X in the upcoming X-Men sequel, told SFX magazine that his character will deliver less exposition and backstory this time around, according to a report on the British Great Link fan Web site. "The script for X-Men 2 is very different in tone from the first one, which in any case I always felt was just an extended trailer," Stewart told the magazine. "It was sort of 'this is who the X-Men are, this is the kind of thing that they do, and that's all we can tell you for now.' It was an establishing movie."

Professor Charles Xavier's extended exposition in the first movie bored Stewart. "Yes, indeed," he said. "That was tedious. But I had a couple of nice scenes with Sir Ian [McKellen, who played Magneto], which bookended the film. I'm happy to say that this screenplay now assumes that everyone knows what's going on and who we are. There has to be a little bit of 'this is what the X-Men believe in, this is what the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants believes in,' but it's minimal, and the script is almost entirely given over to plot and character and growth and development. I suppose Fox think they might have got their hands on their very own Star Trek, which is a curiosity for me, given that one is apparently winding down while the other one is just starting up."

Stewart added, "Well, there was a comic book, which was The Next Generation meets the X-Men! And they wanted to put me on the cover. This was right at the beginning of my involvement in the X-Men film, and I was able to use some influence to say, 'I think it would be best if you didn't do that,' because I knew there was a chance I might end up playing both parts. The curiosity is that now we will have Star Trek X [Nemesis], of course, which only adds to the confusion." X-Men 2, also called X2, is currently in production. Star Trek: Nemesis is slated for a December release.

2. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Hey everyone...I found this today and wanted you to check it out. It's a picture of Nightcrawler from X2

[image=http://www.marvel.com/comics/bios/xtras/bio_images/nightcrawler.gif]
    Here he is from the comic

[image=http://ffmedia.ign.com/x-men/image/cumming_nightcrawler1a.jpg]
    And here he is on the set of the movie.

3. jango-joe1

jango-joe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2001
    All of the main cast is back...even Senator Kelly. Pyro, Shadowcat, Iceman, Jubilee are back

There are some new mutants in the movie:
    Colossus, Beast, and Gambit

4. Xanatos12

Xanatos12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 13, 2002
    NO SABRETOOTH.WHY GOD WHY?!

5. Jedi_Kristen

Jedi_Kristen Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Oh I love Gambit. Very hot.

6. BroodMcEto

BroodMcEto Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2002
    Psst... does Nightcrawler know he has a split in his pants?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.