main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW X2

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by IG_88a, Jun 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IG_88a

IG_88a Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2002
    Time to start discussing the 2nd Xmen movie, since its due to start filming this month.

According to sources, the new Xmen members will be Gambit (personally my fave xman) and Nightcrawler (bampf).

Who do you think should be in the movie, character and actor, and what story line should they concentrate on?
    I've discussed this with JayDee_fett several times and the possibilities are almost endless.

Mystique and Sabertooth are back in it, which leads credibility to the story arc of "the brother hood of evil mutants"
    I've heard Mr Sinister might be in it.

2. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Unfortunately I myself am not a comic book fan, so I really don't know many of the other X-Men characters. All I do know is I thoroughly enjoyed the first X-Men movie and that I'll be seeing X2 ASAP after release, hopefully at a midnight session, with some fellow FF members.

3. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    It will be a long wait, and if Kings do a midnight launch, i will be there for sure. Its too early to start organising anyway :)

4. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Well, the last I heard which was about 6 months ago is as follows:
    -Possible Spoilers-

New characters: Beast. He was going to be in the first (see the sketches on the DVD), but was decided against. Not sure of the reason, but I did hear he was going to be completely CG'd. Last report I read said he was going to be in X2.

Gambit. Last I heard, Gambit was not going to be in X2 with the reasoning that his character was far too similar to Wolverine (a bit of a solo man, a bit gruff). But Personally, I'd like to see Gambit in the film.

Nightcrawler. He was mentioned as a possibly being in it. I hadn't heard anything saying otherwise. Again I'd love to see Nightcrawler in the movie.

The Plot: I've heard a number of different rumours. My guess, after the first movie, was a Sentinel-based movie. This also happens to be the first X2 plot I've heard. That is, something based around the Sentinels and their Mutant killing ways.

I've also heard that it will be about the Legacy Virus, and it's mutant killing ways.

and I've also heard, but doubt the truthfulness, that the movie will have both the Legacy Virus AND the Sentinels. However, in this version, the Sentinels were not going to be the giant robots that we know and love, but rather more like Body suits, with men (presumably soldiers) inside. I think that's a sucky idea. Well, actually, it's kinda cool. I like the idea of body suits, but I don't think it's very X-men. Unless the suits were actually copied from Iron Man's suit or something like that (it would be kinda cool in a lame sort of way).

But anyway, that's what I last heard.

-End of Spoiler Space-

5. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    Rebuttle time syrix :)

Spoilers time

Sentinals will be done in X3, its been confirmed that the sentinals will not be part of the plot of X2, although X2 could go as far as eluding to it. The Legacy Virus has been thrown around, but INMO unlikely.
    Mr Sinister would/could be good, if the right actor is used. Same with an Apocolypse story line. In responce to your Body suit sentinals comment, do you mean the human sized sentinals during the Zero Tolerance crossover? they are not suits, but cyborgs/robots built that size.
    Beast is still unconfirmed for X2 and still seems unlikely ( I would love to see the original comics book xmen team in action)
    Iceman is possible as he was introduced in the first movie, Kitty Pryde AKA Shadowcat was also introduced in the first movie.
    Magneto will make an appearance according to my sources.
    Possible characters that i have heard rumours about are, Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver, Gambit (my fave), Nightcrawler (played by the actor who played Boris in Goldeneye) Collossus (spelling is off) Either John or James Proudstar or Neil Shara
    Destiny, Graydon Creed, The Blob, Havok and Polaris and IMHO complete rubbish Cassandra Nova.
    Rebecca Romjin-Stamos still has not signed on for X2 as she wants more money to put up with the full makeup that caused he to throwup alot on set.
    Personally someone else needs to be cast as Storm.

End Spoiler

6. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Pyro will be an Xman, as will Nightcrawler. Both have been cast.
    Magneto is also returning. Patrick Steward says the scrip on this one is much more mature and hardcore.

7. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    pyro an xman? ok i'm showing my geekdom, but thats just wrong,if they want to stay true to the fans and history of the characters, there is no way Pyro could be an xman. WeaponX anyone could that be the story of the new movie, or is it going to be a Wolvie spinoff movie?

8. JimmyK

JimmyK Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2002
    Alan Cumming is playing Nightcrawler.
    I havent herad anything about Beast or Gambit although I am pretty sure Beast won't be in it.
    Also I hear pyro will be in it but it will be a different actor playing him than from the first movie

9. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    KimmyJ you been speaking to Randle :)

10. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    Spoiler Space

Well, the stuff I heard is like 6 months old. I avoided any movie related sites in the lead up to AOTC and I haven't really been able to get back to my usual internet surfing due to this semester fast coming to a close and having numerous assignments due in.

Anyway, iirc, the first reference to a Sentinel Movie plot had them as the building sized robots. the second one (which involved the Legacy Virus as well) had them as body suits (not human sized cybogs/robots).

If Sentinels have been delegated to X3 then I'm happy enough. As for X2, I'd like to see Apocolypse very much, Mr. Sinister would also be OK. Has anyone heard anything about Omega Red? or Arch/Angel? or Psylocke?

And it's good to hear Nightcrawler is confirmed.

And in all truth, do they really *need* Romjin-Stamos? When she's wearing the make-up you can't tell who she is (the actress not the character).

Yeah, anyway, looking forward to it. It's started filming pretty late though, hasn't it? It was supposed to start much earlier I thought. What does this mean for it's release date now? When should I expect to see it in cinemas?

End spoiler space

edit - added end space

11. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    If they decide to bring Warren Worthington the 3rd into X2 and convert him to Archangle, they will need to introduce Apocolypse aswell. The Mutant Massacre (The Morlocks Massacre) could be a likely story arc aswell.

12. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    The Cast:

Professor Charles Francis Xavier/Professor X:
    Patrick Stewart

Wolverine/Logan:
    Hugh Jackman

Magneto/Erik Magnus Lehnsherr:
    Ian McKellen

Storm/Ororo Munroe:
    Halle Berry

Doctor Jean Grey:
    Famke Janssen

Cyclops/Scott Summers:
    James Marsden

Mystique/Raven Darkholme:
    Rebecca Romijn-Stamos

Rogue/Marie:
    Anna Paquin

Nightcrawler:
    Alan Cumming

Pyro:
    Aaron Stanford

The Crew:

Director:
    Bryan Singer

Writers:
    Dan Harris
    Michael Dougherty

Exexutive Producers:
    Avi Arad
    Stan Lee

Producer:
    Lauren Shuler Donner

Original Music:
    John Ottman

Release Date: May 2, 2003

13. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    Mystique/Raven Darkholme:
    Rebecca Romijn-Stamos, has not yet signed a contract, as she wants more money for the role.

14. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    *shrug*

Im just tellin ya the cast list I got! :)

15. Ayla_Kenobi

Ayla_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    As long as Hugh Jackman is in the movie, I'm happy with anything about the movie (he needs an oscar)

16. ROE_Biggs

ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    bring on Apocalypse ;)

17. Diamond_Slice

Diamond_Slice Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2002
    If Gmabit was in it then David Boreanez of "Angel" would be the perfect fit tfor the role.

Also I think you may be getting Pyro mixed up with Cannonball.

I think the sentinels story sounds better than the legacy virus one. I also wan't to see the Sabretooth/Wolverine relationship expanded on.

18. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    Just wondering, since I haven't read any comics that deal with the legacy virus. Well, I don't own any. I think I might have read one or two, here or there...

Anyway, the purpose of my wonder was, how "action packed" is the legacy virus story in the comics? Would it be able to stand on it's own as a movie. Obviously, since it's the X-men we're talking about here, there's bound to be some action, but since I'd say it's safe to assume that we'll see a bit more of Wolverine's story (picking up from the end of the first movie) then they could easily fill up some of the designated action time with a bit of Berserker Attack Action.

I think the question I'm asking is: Does a Legacy Virus storyline contain enough possible action to support itself (with probably a small side-plot skirmish somwhere along the line)? How does it compare against something like an Apocalypse storyline, which would, IMO, have quite a bit of action in it.

19. JimmyK

JimmyK Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2002
    Boreanaz couldn't do gambit. Whne people see him he will always be angel, too batman like.
    The cajun gotta be more carefree. And the look isn't quite right

20. ROE_Biggs

ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    speaking of batman he went for the part on the upcoming batman movie.

least thats what i heard on the all to unreliable grapevine

21. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    Yes Wolvie (Hugh Jackman) is in X2, he signed on after xmen to a further 3 movies.
    Considering they are only planning 3 movies in total, i hope Hugh's fourth movie is a wolvie/weapon x movie.

"Angel" as gambit, thats a good joke, David Boreanez couldn't do gambit, he doesn't have any acting ability.

Who's mixing pyro with cannonball? Sam Guthrie won't be in X2. where as in the Xmen movie, pyro was spotted in the classroom with iceman, and Kitty pryde. Outside of the classroom and still on school grounds i could spot only Kurt Wagner, albeit a human looking wagner (no blue fur). And i could of sworn that on of the kids could of passed himself off as Fred Dukes.

Characters i'd love to see in X2 or X3:
    Hank McCoy, Beast
    Fred Dukes, The Blob
    Sean Cassidy, Banshee
    Alex Summers, Havok
    Lorna Dane, Polaris
    Longshot
    Moira McTaggart
    David Haller
    The Shadowking
    Nathan Summers, Cable

Syrix i agree with you, the legacy virus could only be done if it had a minor role in the movie, Apocolypse, stryfe or Mr Sinister would be perfect as the main villian. Sabertooth and toad are back, which could pave way for the "Brotherhood of Evil Mutants" or the "Marauders" (my spelling sucks)

I would like to see the Morlock Massacre, this would have the most potential. And i hope wolvies story isn't done until he gets his own movie.

22. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    Hey, if they do make a Wolverine movie, I wonder if they'll get Eric Bana to play the Hulk so that he and Wolvie can have a bit of a match. :D

23. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    Good call Syrix :)
    What about spidey making an appearence in the wolvie movie?

24. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    Yeah! Spidey would be cool. I also wouldn't mind seeing either Gambit or Nightcrawler teaming up with him, but that's just me. I suppose it depends on what sort of storyline they use.

25. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Hell, why not a Marvel characters movie. It'd cost a bloody fortume to make but would be very cool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.